/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh (embed)

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed)

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.co
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur (embed)

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX)
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=681553348
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840030817
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Spiders out REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bring it on

Da fuck you just said, you little bitch?

>having that many ships over the limit while still making that much dosh with only 34 planets
What cheats are you using?

Ant fags gtfo

>34 systems
nice cheat

Domestic slaves are a nice idea but it's made awkward by having to resettle pops to make use of it.
Also, does it matter how many domestic slave pops you have on a planet?

REEEE

You'll get fucked bruh.
They will take apart you fleet like this.

It would be better if you could set breeding policies per planet.

He isn't THAT far over the limit, it cuts of the 4th digit sometimes so his cap is actually 172X

Many anons talk about distant worlds, can i play tall in this game? i mean, play the trader, the manipulator, pay ppl to fight for me, have monopoly of resources and shieeeeeeeet?

>I want the computah to play the game instead of me

No need for cheats when you have synths, habitats and ring worlds.

One is enough

You can see the 4th digit below the first digit because Paradox are shit at UI.

It feels so weird for a xenophobic FE to not hate you.

Oh I didn't realize that
But ring worlds just give you 4 "planets" with 25 tiles, don't they? I fail to see how you can focus on research, energy, AND minerals with only 34 planets

Oh I'm ok.

Oh yeah I never noticed that. A UI mod fixes that problem easily though, it only happens because of the new unity and food incomes up there pushing it off anyway.

As I said synths are pretty good. And I'm talking about those kind of ringworlds.
The ones you steal.

Oh I see, didn't know they were that insane
So once I get to about 50k+ fleet power, should i steal some FE worlds?

Planets have finite and specialized resources so no, you can't

No because taking an FE world causes all FEs to awaken and with 50k fleet power you'll get stomped.

Here's an example of one of my world. They all have high output.

What would be goods ethics and civics for a not meme Fourth Reich?

Whats the giant computer looking thing that gives 4 physics and 2 unity on the second row?

but they said i could

Okay so why do you get 15 energy on an empty tile with a power plant?
Maybe I should try becoming synths as well, I remember playing a robot empire mod at launch and it was insane

A fuckhuge boost to your research.

Just remember the non-meme 4th reich is the EU and let that guide you.

Is that modded? Wiki doesn't mention it.

But there's no "inner turmoil" trait.

Yes. But it's hard work due to DWs diplomacy system being not that great.

If you want a tall game, you're probably better throwing all your scheckels into habitat research for a while and staking out an area while slowly backfilling it.
Then when you're done you can sell that tech for favours.

Alternately pick a handful of worlds to settle and vomit mining stations everywhere, and harrass other empires for trade agreements until they get sick of you and sign up.

Planets have thier own resources. And they are infinte, barring a rare random event that only occurs on colonised worlds that removes a resource as if it was depleted/mined out.
Remote mining stations are infinte forever. (or until they get trashed by kaltors or whatev.)

Stacking boosts

How hard is it to become synths? I've had problems with ascension paths in general, the techs never show up before I have like 4 perk slots unlocked

>xeno preserve fallen empire building gives a unit of food

Depends on your luck on the techs.
I depended on droids for a long time before the techs arrived and I could upgrade my entire pop, but I was like 50% droids up to that point and a few pop slaves.

Anyone got new about the launching of DW:U 2?

nice digits

Both for the post and the yields

Could you post budget to show income vs cost of your robutts?
Also in case it wasn't clear by all these questions: I am absolutely amazed by all this output after 180 years of game and aim to emulate it as soon as possible. I never realized synths were that overpowered and I honestly thought it's kinda annoying to manually have to build pops

Don't bother, just build synths and replace your population manually.

I have Fallen Empire expanded and Plentiful traditions affecting gameplay, others are Diverse Rooms and other graphics mods

Surely there must be some benefit to making your actual species synths as opposed to just building 100% robots? Less upkeep or something?
Otherwise I might just find that mod again and start a robot empire

Any chance they will rework the technology mechanic so it doesn't suck?

It just doesn't make sense for everything to be so slow

>it's kinda annoying to manually have to build pops
No more annoying that Victoria 2 statist runs I guess.
I never played with sectors anyway so I have to upgrade every building myself, that's how I learned the game.
This you mean?

>someone thought dyson spheres needing 55 years to build was a good idea

Right so pop costs are basically a drop in the bucket
That's it, I'm never playing anything but robots again
You will keep increasing your tech gains linearly while the costs go up exponentially towards the endgame and you will fucking like it!
The bigger problem for me is the randomness, random techs can be great to get you to try different things instead of always using the same meta and can even differentiate species from one another (see Sword of the Stars) but it's just completely retarded to go 100 years and never even see a 600 cost tech that has been unlocked from the start

Yeah, and they have insane boost to all productions.

>class-7 artificial intelligence
What's class 10? Human intelligence?

Is there a meaningful difference between just building synths everywhere and making your species into synths and building those everywhere?
Also, do your robots auto upgrade to synthetics when you unlock them?

anyone else runs into this issue?
by having multiple traits mods, when you go genetic modify the UI is too small to accomodate for all traits, thus missing some

>Is there a meaningful difference between just building synths everywhere and making your species into synths and building those everywhere?
No. As a result my empire has this situation.

>Also, do your robots auto upgrade to synthetics when you unlock them?
Yeah

"Chattel slavery"?

30 years into the game, I haven't had a single weapon tech choice.
Send help.

Aw, ascending to synthetic makes you lose your traits? I wanted intelligent robots for even more bonuses!
Are robots locked at 200% happiness as well?

lmao

Is there several robots portraits???

Yes. My original specy was repulsive, weak and intelligent.
They're locked at 200 habitability, but when you unlock sentient AI they behave (mostly) like normal pop. But as you can see I don't have hapiness issues

Good thing the ancient dreadnought survived, I hate using that thing in battle because of how irreplaceable it is.

I also end up putting the nomad cruisers in a museum fleet because I don't want to lose those too.

>tfw want to play an weak, but long lived spiritualist specie who wants to achieve transcendancy and research going to war only to defend rights of the weak
>cant cause stellaris is war war war
fuck you paradox, you promised tall

mod only

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=681553348 There are in this mod but it probably doesn't work for 1.5
Did you wait with ascending until you had synthetics and until then only built robutts on mineral tiles?

Yeah it dropped to 40% health at some point but it made it.
I do have an insane amiral though

Yes that's pretty much the plan.

Does the Hestamur system in the upper right look close enough to that isolationist FE in purple near the middle?

Everyone in my empire has flocked to the spiritualist faction, and other than reforming my government to oligarchy and changing a civic to exalted priesthood or whatever it is, the only way I can get them over 60% is to colonize a Gaia world. Hestamur is the only Gaia world I've seen this game. Right now I basically have no influence gain but I need more colonies.

Actually, someone linked this in the comments
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840030817
Might be cool

If you were born in space, on rotating space station somewhere in the asteroid belt, and then came to earth, would you feel the motion? Would it feel like the earth was constantly rumbling under your feet?

>unbidden remnant constructing stations around my new expedition in a former FE territory to protect my pilgrims from expansionists
B A S E D

You could patron the artist enclave and pay 500 mineral for 50 influence every 2 years.

Do not do a festival of worlds, there's a 1 in 8 chance of they'll run off with 500 of your energy & minerals and never return your calls afterwards.

No
A spinning space station is built in such a way that the centrifugal force pushes downwards from the point of view of the astronaut, simulating gravity
Watch the 2001 scene where the guy jogs around

I am patronizing them. They're not giving me any influence, I just keep getting events where they weasel out of things by saying they have no inspiration.

>Do not do a festival of worlds, there's a 1 in 8 chance of they'll run off with 500 of your energy & minerals and never return your calls afterwards.
Gives you motivation to get the enclave destruction achievement.

You feel acceleration, not speed.

Hesstamur is within that FEs fuck off radius, I'd say you were pushing it close as it is.

But that would surely feel different from actual gravity?

No, force is force
You would feel more force on you if the space station simulated less force but you wouldn't feel like the earth was moving
This as well

>pay 500 mineral for 50 influence every 2 years.
That event is nowhere near that common. Often, I've renewed membership 2 or 3 times and still not had them make that offer.
They're worse at writing regular newsletters than my fucking general manager.

What really pisses me off about that event is once one artist enclave betrays you, none of them will talk to you again.

Makes me want to kill all the artist enclaves as retaliation. I actually liked patronizing them for the unity boost and the occasional events. Now they must all die.

Also I don't understand the logic of them stealing minerals and credits. Just means I'm not going to be tossing giant piles of credits at them every 10 years. AND it angers someone with a massive battlefleet. It's stupid.

Its out of place with how the other enclaves will never scam you.

About robots: Do they still only grow one at a time for no reason or will they build in parallel if you build them on different tiles?

It would, because gravity would be felt differently at different points of your body.
Unless it's like a ringworld, in which case it's too big to feel different.

I'm way off to the south of him, with two idiots to the north of me blocking him off. Hesstamur is reached by circling around two other Empires that are on my shitlist and soon to be conquered. Brustam belongs to some other idiots, and the fact that the FE isn't razing him to the ground is why I was wondering if Hesstamur could be potentially colonized at all.

One at a time.

So to build up a 25 tile world it takes 62.5 years? Good lord

>Makes me want to kill all the artist enclaves as retaliation. I actually liked patronizing them for the unity boost and the occasional events. Now they must all die.
What keeps you from doing so?

>War in Heaven
>galaxy divides between the AEs, with another chunk going non-AE federation
>stay neutral
>invade one of the AEs and force them to cede all of their planets
>gain total control of their entire dominion
>integrate all the subjects and rule half the galaxy
I promise to use this power responsibly.

It's an uncolonzied gaia planet next to two other empires, seems to me the reason they haven't colonized it because they'd get killed by the FE.

More like they did colonize it and were immediately told to cut that shit out

Not at all. Simply relocate one pop from each planet and build a new robot in the empty space on each of those planets.
Now you're producing your number of planets worth of robots all at the same time.

You do have loads of influence, right?

The hope that it's only temporary since I miss that 10% unity boost. That and I'm dealing with conquering a federation because the space dragon system was within their territory.

Theres a decent chance the FE has or is going to war with them over Brustam. But an uncolonised gaia world in such a busy region of space makes you a bit suspicious as to why the AI is avoiding it.

I don't think the AI actually identifies good planets from bad ones. (Though they might with the terraforming AI).
They don't colonize as quickly as they are able because obviously they'd blob way too hard.

They'd still consider it for colonization. They'd just be immediately forced to dismantle it.

I guess
Do you purge all pops so you can replace them with beep boop?

Its not temporary. Enjoy Paradox's magnificent design.

I've seen a FE go to war 4 times over the same gaia world being colonized by different empires. Probably something they should fix about the AI.

>he fell for the mastery of nature meme

Influence is too stupidly hard to gain for high authority empires, I swear. Everyone wants their open borders and refugees welcome and fucking civics that require me to enslave everyone or be an oligarch and fuck over my flavor/RP

I absolutely cannot WAIT until I can destroy that FE. He's nothing but a complete bastard in every way.