/scg/edg/scedg/ Elite Star Dangerous Citizen General #155: 30th Century Technology Edition

Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace with unknown intentions. it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible.
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Schedule Friday, desire to know intensifies.

>FAQ (updated)
pastebin.com/nKiNTgsY
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Previous complaint line:

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report
imgur.com/a/nzf7D
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/324796-THE-FORMIDINE-RIFT-MYSTERY-(Part-4)?p=5404118&viewfull=1#post5404118
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

beep boop I am a faggot, the 3.0 schedule is out and can be found here: robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

3.0 schedule is irrelevant.

People pay 10000 dollars for star citizen?

>all the whining about the framerate
so this thread is just infested with goons? the framerate has improved for me, the occasional lockups have become less frequent and not as bad when they do happen, and there's been a bunch of improvements to starmarine overall; weapon balance is better, vaulting and ladders are smoother, grenades actually go where you throw them with no delays, etc. how come nobody talks about this stuff? it's actually fun to play now.

yes we call them the whales and they are our saints; the legendarily bad with money who made the game possible for all us base-pledgers who get to play the game for a normal amount of money thanks to their generosity with their kids' college funds.

>so this thread is just infested with goons?
4 posts in to the thread and nobody has mentioned framerate. I wonder if you're shitposting or if it's copypasta?

>this is the first ever star citizen general

>how come nobody talks about this stuff? it's actually fun to play now.
Because I already got 5 other FPS that run well, are fleshed out and fun to play, and I'm not playing them. Why would I give a rat's ass about Star Marine?

Just admit you made a mistake, and link the thread you are talking about.

Don't know why anyone deletes anything from Twitch acrhives, but it's gone from his Twitch vod list, and there's no youtube upload either.
fag

I did, in the OP. it should be obvious I was talking about the general discussion since 2.6.2.
>4 posters itt
>it's just me and 3 people shitting out weak bait

No, you posted "this thread" in a new thread containing 3 unrelated replies. Your mistake.

>that last thread
Would have been much more clear.

are you so chan illiterate you can't tell that 'this thread' can refer to a general, where the specific thread number is completely irrelevant?

"This thread" is not "Any one of the general chain of threads about Star Citizen".

Admit you made a mistake and we can move on.

>the powerful autism already itt
you know it's the hexaphobe

do you know where you are?

I've got a Cutlass Blue and a Polaris. I wish I could fit the Cutlass into the Polaris but that's not looking possible. Not like I could afford to crew the Corvette anyway.

Also enough with the pissing contest fags nobody cares.

>sandro sammarco still breathes the earth's air

>no dragonfly until 3.0
what the fuck. it's done. they use it in demos all the time. just gibe.

>TFW bought an upgrade from my LTI dragonfly to MM at the sale.
>got autistically excited and applied the upgrade for no reason so only have a jpeg now

feels bad man.

if 3.0 isn't stable 60 fps I'm going to cry

requires object containers to even be useful

it's pretty decently stable now, my fps counter was reading 50-70 earlier today in SM

I'm a third of the way to Colonia after approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes of effective flying. I've lost the will to live, but not because of the game. It's been better than I feared. Using the neutron boosts kinda keeps it from becoming TOO repetitive.

PU dawg
no one cares about SM/AC

I have trouble doing more than 20 jumps in one sitting without getting unreasonably bored.

same here, it's stil tedious as fuck, even with the explodata buff.

scanned a system worth 3 million credits

>tactical
>walking right into friendly fire

Can you waifu anyone in this game?

In Elite, sure. There's plenty of player groups full of smug roleplaying cunts, all you have to do is felate their ego enough and there you have it.

Rate my ship name /scg/edg/!

Do you like the reference?

I'm not gonna pay for a nameplate

Who needs eyes when we have the almighty VISION guiding us?

I give it doomedtoeternalsuffering/10

I was thinking of upgrading my freelancer into either a DUR or MAX.
Would my dragonfly still fit in the DUR? Also which of the 3 is objectively better looking?

Hard to say when every Freelancer except the base model still uses the ugly-ass Mexican outsourcing model. Also according to the Benosphere even the MIS will fit a Dragonfly, so you should be good.
Don't believe his lies

Yes the dragonfly ill fit in the DUR, it's bay is only slightly smaller and the Dragonfly takes only a small part of it.

Boy I'd sure love that charging handle slapping me in the face every time I take a shot. Especially in burst.
Who makes these?

After many weeks of dithering I made up my mind and traded the bucc back in for a prospector.

The exterior is being remodeled at least, so I might hold off on the upgrade until I can see how it looks post fix.

Whats another ship 'moderately' priced that will fit a dragonfly for 3.0 exploration shenanigans?

Cutlass black confirmed to carry a Dfly, easily flyable solo and about to get a major overhaul/facelift with 3.. $100 and probably gonna jump in value with the rework.

More images from a recent ATV

imgur.com/a/nzf7D

Bummed because I can't upgrade to it, have to melt package etc to test it out - freelancer is worth $10 more.
Is there any way to find a list of ships that would fit certain cargo?
Like I wonder if you could jam a dragonfly in an avenger titan. Would be nice if there was a way to pre-load in the dragonfly into the ship - such as using the ship customisation in AC.

If I had started immediately after getting home from work I could have done it in one sitting. Oh well.

Also not sure if anybody else has the same bug, but if you get a Hornet package and upgrade it to a base freelancer (no cost), you get both ships. Think I might lose it if I melt to get a cutlass.
It's pretty good having $200~ worth of ships to play around with.

>Is there any way to find a list of ships that would fit certain cargo?

Maybe when we know anything about cargo mechanics there will be.

But I am dead tired, as the lack of an image proves.

All the way up to the MIS, which ought to have to most crowded cargo bay, can fit at least a folded-up Dragonfly.

Then again
>Ben
>telling truths

Anyone else here do PVP in ED?

What are you, some kind of griefing psychopath?

Get off Veeky Forums, dad, or I'm telling mom about that NSFW folder on your computer.

>experience a bug in elite dangerous
>head over to customer support to see what's up
>they direct me bug report thread on official forums
>no discussion on this particular bug
>have to register fo an account to make a new thread and report the bug
>new forum members aren't allowed to make new threads

Fuck, mate. This game even makes you grind rep just to get technical support.

I don't think it's intentional, FDad are just totally incompetent morons. Blame the early-onset dementia.

He is the source of all cancer.

>not paying for name plate

Why don't you want to support the devs by buying something that should have been there by default? its not like they didn't charge you full price for a bunch of half assed updates nobody asked for.

Oh wait, they did.

badgoyim/10

Carrackfags BTFO

Hi Fiddly

Not much use for an exploration ship before there's exploration to be had. There's probably not much to find in a system owned by Megacorporations that's crawling with private security firms.

You're right! I made up the fact that murder is a sever crime in the game but not treated as one by the system! How silly of me to think I was supposed to get the impression murder was punishable.

why did they have to put in those shit elevators?

>getting this upset over pixels
In EVE, faggots like you don't last a week.

Has it been mentioned that the Diamondback Scout is a Good And Fun Ship?

Also, the clipper has one of the better weapons in the game: Class 5 Fixed Kinetic Hardpoint.

Right on the nose. :black101:

Are you dumb?

Ok me and my friend have found a rather unique bug with the ED update.

For whatever reason he can not invite me to crew as I am listed as 'not in Horizons', despite being in it. What is more bizarre is I can invite him to my crew and join his crew via the 'find a ship' function. Whats more it is only his and my account that is experiencing this, other friends have no issues.

Currently waiting on my support ticket but wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue since Commanders hit.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/324796-THE-FORMIDINE-RIFT-MYSTERY-(Part-4)?p=5404118&viewfull=1#post5404118

gg

>we don't want Star Marine to be like Call of Duty
>Star Marine currently plays exactly like Call of Duty

How else would they make use of all that excess space in cockpit? Put escape pods or something else useful there? Please.

fukken TTK
fukken black people
fukken women not being supermodels

covered all your usual topics

Like a charm.

Didn't read it all but wasn't Ultima online a complete and utter failure?

Some user in previous thread said Beaglerush had a video on CoD Marine but I can't find it. Link please.

Star Citizen would have been better if it was primarily offline, with a coop option and a drop in/out option for invaders.

Doing an MMO was a mistake.

>mfw real people, in my reality on this plane of existence in the cosmos, pay $10,000 in .jpgs
>so i can spend $35

can't really escape the fact that the game is funded by people who must actually be mentally ill somehow, but $150million in $35-45 starter packs was not going to happen.

it's like someone paying for 95% of your luxurious tropical island paradise vacation long as you pay for dinner one night

>must actually be mentally ill somehow

Or they're just capable of spending that money and thats how they want to spend it.

>t.I spent over 10k on jpegs

hey man whatever the reason is for them spending thousands of dollars, I'm not the one spending it, and i'm reaping full benefits, forever

I didn't, but even if I did, wouldn't be any of your business.

Is horizons a must-have if I don't care for the planetary landings? Wanna start playing again but don't have the dosh for horizons

Its massively P2W

>t.I did

Huh? As in people who got horizons have a huge advantage over vanilla elite players?

People who have bought Horizons and NPCs who all benefit from stuff locked behind buying Horizons.

You will be incapable of competing with decked out players or top end NPCs. Its no different than not buying the latest WoW expac

but say I start playing standard now and get horizons in like a month? is that OK?

Can do whatever you want user, I'm just saying that you have a decent chance of encountering people and NPCs that will one-shot you.

and I think E:D is bad

>tactical
>everyone in the server appears as a dot on the minimap

:^)

Can someone tell me what's even the point of this fucking thing aside from making money for CIG? What does it do that Hornet, Sabre or Lightning don't?

dakka, supposedly

>anvil hurricane

it also seems to be better suited for atmospheric flight than some other models

Back to Spectrum with you!

>Esperia Prowler

Faster, more guns, probably cheaper than all those ships.

Also looks better.

>3DingDongs

Why do all carrier-based ships in SC have skids for landing gear? What the fuck are you supposed to do with the ship that will stall on runway for some reason?

I think everything is expected to VtoL everywhere.

>Idris is just a straight line with one ship in front of the other
>Javelin is a lift

It's probably easier than having to worry about taxing something. Then it just begs to wonder if these ships don't even need run ways, why not just bays where ships are dropped from the carrier like in Starlancer.

the runways on carriers are ther purely for the novelty of having a space runway, theres nothing in this game that isnt VTOL

Be thankful that CIG and FDad aren't as bad at making spaceship models as CCP used to be.

>tfw they haven't finished and there are still a lot of really, stupidly ugly Caldari ships still flying around

>VTOL
But you can't VTOL if your power, thrusters or engine is fucked.

That's kinda neat if you can actually sneak into a carrier and sabotage all the fighters.

possibly quad S4 guns on something that isnt starfarer sized

assuming those quad s2s are s4 mounts

dont think it's going to server much of a purpose tho, can't argue with more variety tho, not like this thing took them long to cobble together out of a hornet and a gladiator