/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #737 - Classic Sonic Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews and General InterestsGame Development InfoNew Info and Leaks on Mania and Sonic Forces

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E03-nARPJCc
twitter.com/sonic20th/status/841562365036449792
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do not link in the old thread, please OP!

way past cool

NICE EMBEDS
NICE ONE DUDE
I TOLD YOU DAWG.

Why is Riders style the best style

thumbnail made me think it was a duck

No but seriously how come there isn't more creativity beyond sometimes artists on /sthg/?

>Classic Sonic Edition
>Giving an Edition to the character that ruined Forces.

>When you come back from work and the scroll bar in the previous thread is the size of an ant

It would be nice if liking Sonic didn't mean having to deal with you people all the time

Because it's slightly edgy but not over the top. Mario Strikers also uses a similar style and it makes those ugly characters look cool!

Making games is hard

Shitposters scaring away the people with talent

Because this is an imageboard, therefore quick drawings are the easiest way to get instant feedback and gratification. Fan games are a much more involved project.

repostin'

I would make tiles if someone ever decides to release the source code for the bump sonic 1 hack. that or someone makes new sprites for sonic 2 and I do it for that one

No idea. I'd attempt writing something Sonic related but I've only recently got back into the series.

I wouldn't say it scared them away so much as they just got tired of the retarded bullshit.

Well, that's the danger of being a Sonic fan.

We have fangame makers & 3D printbro, but they're all busy I think.

I also remember someone a couple of threads ago talking about making /sthg/ buttons.

In what way is it edgy exactly? People just like to throw this word around for no reason nowadays. Even outside the Sonic fanbase

What other forms of creativity could we even agree on to happen in here?

Neat
High contrast. Also a bit of minimalism never hurts these designs

Do I count?

It looks more adult, slightly darker, and has a lot of shade.

It has some teeth, which is what most people used to mean when they used that word, before it got raped to death by the internet meme machine.

What's wrong with having a full thread? Plus our bump limit is at 750 posts, so no duh the scroll bar is small.

You barely come here.

>Spin Dash requires two buttons

It was still pretty good, but why?

For Halloween Release of Sonic Forces I want to be able to play as Skeletal Sonic for a preorder special.

Who are you again?

Hi hello, Bump rom hack maker here. The Bump hack was a shitshow of spaghettied together code from various different dumps of Sonic 1 and weird russian Sonic Hacking Studio tools.

I have zero previous experience with making it, I just wanted to do something for the community.

I can find all the source code shit and throw it up onto a zippyshare at some point in the coming days if people want? I'd be down for continuing to do stuff with it but I don't really know where else to take it while avoiding total meme takeover territory.

really, I just want to avoid making the character sprites. I probably could make my own but fuck that noise. I love /sthg/ and bump but not that much. post what you got.

I barely IDENTIFY myself here. There's a difference. I'm here pretty often, actually.

It's funny. I spent nights and nights trying to rewrite GDK's original Spin Dash code so it would kick into Spin Dash instantly by holding B, but it just kept breaking in one way, or another! It was the weirdest thing. I had no troubles implementing Mach State and even Hyper Sonic wasn't too hard, but making the Spin Dash work with one button just wasn't in the cards, I guess.

Eyy. Nice work, man. It was a treat to play.

youtu.be/E03-nARPJCc

I want Amy to finish off every character in the Sonic series using her butt.

I'M GOING TO MARRY ALL OF THE SONIC GIRLS

>tfw

FYI, the user that made the hack was here just the other day and I mentioned this. He said he would release it eventually if he could find the files, if I remember correctly.

Your missing Sitcks, Sharah, Queen Merlina, Vanilla, Elise, and much more.
You can't marry them all and fug them all user.

Sally is such a god awful, terrible character.

>finish off
Go on...

So uh ... there are several unreplaced sprites (for animations the game never uses and I forgot that I just .... didn't give Bump a real run sprite? Now I feel bad like I should actually update her.
I also couldn't ever get the sprite sizes to change without it breaking the entire game and that's why her hair gets cut off.

Thanks, nice to hear.

ALL OF THEM

Yeah, I know. I was even holding off on developing GHP for a couple days because I was waiting for Model user to finish making Bump. Damn shame.

>Ghost girl can't blush because she's dead
That's an... Interesting detail.

Oh, never mind, I see the conversation now.

>not working on anything Sonic-related anymore
>working at some turd company
No.

It was evident it was gonna fall through, but I still wanted it to happen.

Why is /sthg/ so angry today?

That's not very nice...

Fuck Sticks.

Yes fuck her hard and good. Fuck the conspiracies out of her head.

Fuck her I will.

I want to so badly.

>holding off because I was waiting for the Bump model
I got dragged off to some family picnic thing for easter. Had I known I wouldn't have said that it would be finished so soon. I'm still working on it but now I barely have time to do so. It'll hopefully be finished before the end of the month. I'm sorry

sal looks unhappy

I miss when the word 'edgy' was usually a good thing and denoted something that was unconventional and confrontational in an artistic way. I see it used that way in a good chunk of old movie reviews. I guess it was unmitigated 90s comic book edge that tipped the scales and made people associate the word with trying too hard to be shocking.

People forget about her.

I don't forget. I just don't care.

m-midriff

>I'm going to die a desperate and lonely virgin
> I won't even hold a girl's hand

I fixed your posts for you user.

Who is that furry?

Crowd sourcing levels/designs/art from the entire board would still be a neat thing to make a game from in sonic worlds or w/e.

lupe is cute but didnt appear often enough

Sonic should be a bully

With her book gone, she'll forever fade into obscurity.

That's because Merlina is mine.

Alright, drawfags.
I need a bunch of Doodle Sonics ASAP!

I'm doing something meta for the general but first I need your guys input. How is this?

>you will never project this hard

Isn't Fulop the one ruining everything now?

I did something similar a while ago. Nobody laughed then, either.

Doodle Sonics?

twitter.com/sonic20th/status/841562365036449792
This fucking cutie from the Japanese Sonic twitter.

Hey, I used it for a thread once.

Nice work.

Hey! Don't sweat it! Hope you're doing well.

If I ever do another Sonic thing, I'll keep this in mind, okay? We'll design a level together. No more Green Hill this time around (if there ever ends up being another time around)

I remember thinking we'd know the conclusion of the comic situation relatively soon, but here we are three months later still knowing nothing.

But user you already are

Right back at ya.

If he bullies someone he secretly likes, is he a tsundere or a yandere?

It's tsun.

Would Sonic secretly like a Metal Sonic?

I was about to make a depressed post to bait you out of lurking.

Is this more acceptable?

Better!

Thing is, Fulop isn't doing it again. This is the first time.

Do you think they did this on purpose?

A pic for future use.

But they are being sued again.

Nibroc?

Could just put both Penders and Fulop on it and change it to "Local men ruin everything"

>SSonic2 shit

I am putting way too much effort into these two videos just for the sake of memes.

Yeah I guess, those paradise hills were pretty impressive considering it was all you. It's a lot of fun to blast through the stage, even if it's a bit harder to pick up speed.

>Videos
You're not the Knuckles Sings guy, are you?

Try all you might I'm still gonna find the source of your "leaks"

is Iizuka angry at Sonic or angry with Sonic? Is he even angry at all?