gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/2johmfog
digitalcommons.cwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1689&context=source
youtube.com/watch?v=SBjKWKN6jaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you should pick a different career

Pro-tip to all you newbies here with stupid programming problems:

Fill your code with debug messages with all relevant data everywhere and you will never have to ask a question ever again.

----[ Recap Complete ]----

-------- LINKS
Read me: pastebin.com/QA047M2e
Recap archive: dropbox.com/sh/icm5ng2zs8p24uh/AACC61OsXzCgl6-9Vdwb4sRAa
Scores archive: pastebin.com/AmFmLeAy

-------- FEEDBACK
Notice something wrong with your entry, score, or anything else? Let me know and I'll look into it.

>Pro
stopped reading right there, this is AMATEUR game development general
you fuck right off sir

or stop using imperative programming and youll never have an error in the first place.

Work has begun the VR serial killer roguelike game

I am debating making it like GTA except more about getting stealth skills and shanks, or making it kind of almost like Oblivion / the black hand or w/e they were called, the assassins guild where you can enter interiors and there are persistent people to stalk

Is week 3 done yet?

>Webm recording section
cool dude

Just stop trying to make a game and you won't have any problems.

Godspeed user. Revel in the slaughter.

just stop living and you wont even have to think about it

Oblivion for sure.
Wait no, make it motherfucking VR Hitman, just imagine walking around in a fancy party disguised as a waiter and offering poisoned wine to your target.
Someone fund it.

>Monolith just keeps chugging along at full speed
Commendable.

If you pull it off i will be fucking proud to be the one who sparked the whole serial killer discussion

>VR
Dead on arrival.

>roguelike with presistent people
How would this even work?

AssCreed multiplayer:VR
This would stop all those lard-asses that kept sprinting across the roofs, completely negating the stealth aspect.

helps when youre fortunate enough to have a team.

Hitman serves its purpose, but the type of kill you're describing is so passe compared to stalking your target, learning their habits, and then taking their life in their own home.

>Dead on arrival.
It will work for both non vr and VR, it's suuuuper easy to make it work for both, but imagine news coverage of someone shanking nothing and then showing gore in game from stabbing people. It's way more hilarious

>roguelike with presistent people - how would this work?

Not sure, still thinking over the design while I do the set up. Open to ideas. Perhaps the town resets when you die? a random town each time? I could do that.

Still im gunna work on the basics first. But I'm open to suggestions.

Hey I'm giving you something with a realistic scope that could actually be done and would feel amazing in VR.

This is gonna get even more than Hatred-level media attention. Get ready to get rich.

Saving this post for the next time a schoolshooting is attributed to 4chins.

FYI that's not me, the VR murder dev

I might need to become a tripfag if this goes anywhere :^)

implying i wont abandon it

kek

But you're just describing Hitman in first person with the idea that I criticized. We already have Hitman.

Depends on whether you want to be able to take your target anywhere or at their house. You could make the game free roam and let players choose their targets, but a more reasonable scope would be to assign a target with a randomly generated home (ranging from paranoid gun nut in a shitty part of town to a rich guy who could deploy the hounds on you) and to force the player to work with what they're given to earn their kill.

>We already have Hitman.
It even has a first person mode!

>We already have Hitman
We don't have VR Hitman.

>attached le ebic gif to the post instead of literally anything progress-related
unsubstantiated meme post that will harvest at least another half a dozen (you)s
feel free to prove me wrong if you can

I'm going to start with basic townsperson AI

Then do basic knife combat

I really like the idea of brutally stabbing someone in VR, I think the first meme game to do that will get a lot of attention.

Then from there I'll figure out if it's open world or with interiors or what

Yeah but what Hitman does it does well. It doesn't need a replacement. This is a chance to treat some relatively new ground, though obviously there will be conceptual crossover.

>VR
>randomly generated
>AI-driven
It's like you're ticking all vaporware boxes on purpose.

We are currently in week 3, so that image will be compiled next week

>being this triggered by a gif of a famous president

Procedural generated AI in a procedural generated world using procedural generated crafting system based upon procedural generated physics.
All in VR.

>forgetting neural networked graffix
NOT GONNA MAKE IT

Your competition is Paint the Town Red, my man.

Does your game have a story?

I wish. I'm shit at writing a story or characters. Even a very basic story. My game is going to focus on gameplay, of course. But I still want a basic story to wrap it in.

>having a "plot" instead of an interesting setting with vague hints of a bigger story holding everything together
If your writing doesn't fire up the player's neurons then it's not good writing.

you were the first to comment on it

Yes. A cautionary tale about depression.

It's a about a little guy that lives in a blue world. And all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue. Like him inside and outside. Blue his house with a blue little window, and a blue corvette, and everything is blue for him, and himself and everybody around, because he ain't got nobody to listen.

What would happen if he was green?

Yes, of course. It's an RPG.

Yeah, but it's a messy unfinished collaboration with constant rewrites and headbutting.

The pun wouldn't work and everything fall apart. Use your fucking head, please.

He would see a cyan world.

No, he'd die.

Skyrim but in VR

clyp.it/2johmfog

jesus that clipping

I can have a snorefest without shelling out money for useless hardware.

Throw someone out of a window in slo-mo.

Well I just started the project like 20 minutes ago so I don't have much progress to show, but since you asked so nicely, here are the assets I'm gunna used imported, and a basic VR player set up.

Next will add wandering town people and then murder and gore

If I'm a 2D anime-ish artist and I have portraits drawn, and want to make the sprites for my game, am I better off learning how to animate pixel art (I have only done stills before) or should I learn to use Spine?

If you call yourself an "anime artist" then honestly you're never gonna make it.

It begins.

You'll have a marketable product in less than 6 hours. Not joking here. Get the gore and people in, set up a few bullshots, publish to all media outlets and watch the hype go 0-100. Set up your website, spend three weeks learning how to do the AI proper, another implementing it, Early Access that shit and roll in dosh.

mfw muh murder idea will make someone rich because i couldnt shut up asking agdg about shit

The race is on, loser. Hop to it or eat dust.

>giving away ideas
>giving away ideas that ride the new hardware hype
>giving away ideas that ride the new hardware hype and are incredibly easy to do
>giving away ideas that ride the new hardware hype and are incredibly easy to do and have lotsa meme potential
>for free
Gotta go fast, boy. Only 45 minutes to beat that guy.

what is your first impression

Nice Portal clone.

>agdg discovered vr

Excitement for a spoopy retro game, then an overwhelming sense of dread and fear when seeing "GameMaker: Studio".

is that a 3d space? or is it an illusion?

>agdg discovered murder

Makes me feel good knowing I'm not alone in GM:S 3D shenanigans.

Also psychoactive materials. Lots of those.

what happened to waifu teatime

designing combat - can i get a hard rule on the minimum amount of time i should expect a player to react in? I need this number as a starting point to scale-down the rest of the game from there.

Story is just something you tack on at the end of development to appease the people who think they'd rather read a book. Don't think about it too hard, nobody else does.

Or you could go full Deus Ex and involve real world statistics to back your third layer of depth.

As long as you make the game better than him, you could take 3 months longer.

digitalcommons.cwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1689&context=source

Except that isn't true.

>3 months
VR could be dead by then. Gotta get on the hype train. And jump off before it crashes.

I'm great at creative writing. I'm good at programming/developing game mecahnics.
I suck at art. I suck at music. I know how to sample sound effects and tweak them to make the right sounds.
The sad part is I'm probably worse off than someone who is a capable graphic designer and musician. Feels like it should be the other way around but that's life.

>incredibly easy to do
t. every person who has never attempted making a game before

I'd say more that it has a setting. Or at least a nub of story to bring the player into the game.

It's a couple paragraphs. You don't need to use research when half the players won't even read it. Writing the product description for Steam is more effort.

All 3D is an illusion, user. We use 2D screens.

It will have lore to give some context to things, but not a fleshed-out campaign or anything.

New enemy

The assets are done.
Doing some proc gen to not have a static city: Trivial.
Make people move somewhere semi-random: Trivial.
Ragdolling: Trivial.
Not forgetting to pay taxes on all that dosh: Easy-Intermediate.

>We use 2D screens.
You actually want to use 3D screens like we used to with CRT, because those are easier to configure for polygons.

You can only ever do your best, nothing more.
Wasting your time and energy on worrying will prevent you from doing your best, so just create what you can user.

youtube.com/watch?v=SBjKWKN6jaI

Honestly that's good skills to have. Making a game is the hard part, and if it's got a good story that's just a bonus. As long as your game is genuinely good you will be able to hire an artist one day.

I'm downloading rpg maker to make my first game :)

Congrats user! I hope you have fun.

the first dash animation showed in the webm looks cheap/bad. the attack and drop down animation looks really good though.

Looking good

What did you say you used to draw your sprites?

I have produced quality

The first one's going to be replaced, thanks.

Clipstudio paint, wait for their sale, I bought it for 20 dollars or so.

Nice framerate.
Also I like the death animation.

Im not sure why that happened it was fine in VR.

I guess starting the recording software pissed it off

seems like a weird dos game

if that's what you're trying to make then I'm probably in your target audience

Where these assets from a previous project of yours user?

To go from zero to this, I'd say you are close to 12% goat simulator, add in some explosions, and zany music or sound cues and then more physics objects and you are good as gold.

You have a really good setting for an actually interesting game.

Please dont ruin it for a 15 minute meme game.

looks ready for early access to me

pupil no shaded correctly

ship it

they're from the UE4 marketplace