Terraria General

1.3.5 SPOILERS (ANNOUNCED TO COME OUT TOMORROW)
pastebin.com/57UKqeL7

>For new players getting started
terraria.gamepedia.com/Getting_started

>Wiki
terraria.gamepedia.com
yal.cc/r/terranion

>Terraria Servers
docs.google.com/document/d/1QxC8tM4dYFNzHhV7nZU2-XRYumuseGfAsXVegvDfnRw

>Soundtrack DL
pastebin.com/deHpxzQD

>Terraria: Otherworld
pastebin.com/7c9gXdiK

>MODS - Inventory editors, world generators, trainers and more
forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/119/

>TerraMap - map viewer
terramap.codeplex.com/

>TShock - Server client
tshock.co

>TEdit - World view/editor
binaryconstruct.com/games/tedit (dead link)
binaryconstruct.com/downloads/

>Block list, furniture themes and paint
imgur.com/a/hQzDQ
imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread: OP question: Crimson or Corruption?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IXOy_RUzq5A?t=860
forums.terraria.org/index.php
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sprites-the-cyber-a-worthy-adversary-for-the-crimson.2371/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/custom-wave-bank-creation-and-installation-1-3-4-x-beyond.51635/
mega.nz/#!HFgVVYCR!ilkqIkeFuvxVsM-mlzkX3XPyh18tGrnErMqwRhWMTjs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>lost my map but haven't gotten my fix yet so I'm building another 30-room base while trying not to make it look too much like a commieblock

If boss masks gave you stats and special effects, what would they be?

Something themed around the boss in questions, naturally.

Maybe Eye makes you spit out lil demon eyes every now and then.
Brain gives you a circling shield of eyes that you can send out by pressing up.
King Slime has a channeled effect when you press up that causes slimes to rain from the sky.
Skeletron gives you arm bits that hover around you smacking things.

I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head.

What's your headcanon on how world of Terraria became what it is now, a planet plagued by undead and monsters, with numerous caverns in its depth, great dungeon of the living dead, and ruins seemingly collapsed nation in the underworld where Wall of Flesh locked most of spirits of both Light adn Darkness?

To me it's more of a limbo than an actual place.

Every world is different but still essentially the same.

If Hallow had a counterpart like Corruption has Crimson, what would it be?
Hallow is some chaotic rainbows and pink stuff, probably counterpart would be something white and orderly

Not just white though, monochrome maybe. Simple enemies that move in predictable patterns, but they're tanky and have devastating attacks.

That was posted on Twitter yesterday, right? So, uh, no announcement so far today on the terraria.org site (which also looks like it hasn't been updated since 2016).

Gonna fight the wall of flesh for the first time ever soon, in expert mode. What's the best weapon to use against him? Phoenix Blaster? Beenades? Bee's Knees? Something else?

Do updates like this effect mods? I'm on a 4 man server with Thorium and am wondering if this will effect anything.

before I go try things out, do you know what it takes for an artificial granite or marble biome? The wiki doesn't mention them. I tried to do above ground ones, and those didn't work, so I'm about to build them in the Underground layer next to each other, I wanted both enemy spawns at the same time

Expert? You'll have to go fast. He gets sonic speed below 1K health
you can
youtu.be/IXOy_RUzq5A?t=860
abuse Dynamite for a quick fight. Any other kind of "fair fight" would need a minecart, a long track, and yeah beenades first and then maybe a star cannon, unless you're out of the ammo, then bees knees.
bee stuff is so good.

Terraria just updated

Is one of the RPG mods near-finished and balanced yet? They're always either broken or turn the player into an unkillable damage dealing god

Downloading GOG update now. Why no announcement on the terraria.org page, tho?

forums.terraria.org/index.php
i think they use this website for all updates and news

Make a long trail of platforms/rails so that you won't have to concentrate on navigation and just keep pushing the arrow.
Don't forget to get Well-Fed buff and drink all potions you have. Or not all.
Weapon doesn't matter so much. You can assign many weapons to your hotbar and use them all, right? I personally used Molten Fury with hellfire arrows and grenades.

If the Corruption is a dark parasite and the Crimson is a gorey disease I think the crimson counterpart would have to involve as little organics as possible.

>zoom controls
FUCKING FINALLY! Now I won't have to squint at my tiny-ass character to see what they're doing! And I don't need to change resolutions to do it!

Now to wait for all the mods to update for compatibility.

Going to go with this guy.

Robotic, orderly and almost monochrome.

Where other biomes have bits of rock and plants growing out of floors and ceilings, this biome doesn't. Grey, white and blue colours.

Gonna look kinda like the marble mini-biome, tho.

Or, y'know, like this.
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sprites-the-cyber-a-worthy-adversary-for-the-crimson.2371/

It's fucking nothing.

Marble biomes still have a natural look to them, and everything in them is exactly the same colours.

I was thinking more along the lines of hospital coridors. Brilliant white, grey streaks, blue detailing. Non rounded corners, maybe the enemies aren't robots themselves but they're robotic in behavior.

What's the update about?
it says 1.3.5 on the title screen
what's new?

Clinical and sterile wouldn't be bad, but those are human things. Wildlife doesn't have that thing, they have cesspools of filth and growth

Niiiice, there's some cool stuff in that proposal.

Something about deific being attempting to seal away an ancient evil.

it's fucking nothing

Obviously it's all your fault somehow. You show up and there a dude in a nice peaceful forest with nothing but regular clothes, and he's doing just fine. A few weeks later there are monstrous abominations wondering the world and you're meddling around in places that have long been sealed up and contain unimaginable horrors. The bosses don't come unless you explicitly summon them, and what happens when you kill them? Do you save the world? No, you make shit even worse.

>Guide is happy to just hang out above ground and fight off all the slimes and zombies/eyes for the rest of his life
>you try to build him a house and start a village
>go spelunking
>find heart crystals
>get too many hit points
>eye of cthulhu takes personal offense

Teach NPCs to properly go up and downstairs, goddammit.

kinda like Lordran in first souls

Once a civilisation, now gone mad, propably due to the cursed guide.
Corruption had to always be there since it's the only place in the world with no building in it.
As you kill more bosses and make land safer people come back.
Then you do something fucking insane and smash the stability of the world by killing WoF and sacrificing Guide

So I take it I have to wait for Tmodloader to update before I can play?

Gotta save some features for terraria 2.

If there's no buildings in the corruption wouldn't it make sense that it's a very new area rather than a very old one.

Especially with the tunnels leading up to those spheres, it looks like something fell from the sky.

Help me, I fell in love with a weapon. How do I marry an Onyx Blaster?

That's... A nice catch of it.

Something I like about Terraria is how non-serious it is.
Most of the monsters are pretty basic. Bunnies and birds can be brutally murdered and have bloody gibs. The entire aesthetic of the game feels like something a middle-school boy doodled in the margins of his notebook. It's great.

>If there's no buildings in the corruption wouldn't it make sense that it's a very new area rather than a very old one.

If something came out of the sky and just corrupted the area there would be building, or at least ruins, unless it was completely destroyed.

At least we know that Crimson is the rotting body of some huge creature

Engine limitations :^)

Tarrasque?
Or like Malbolge

>Expecting content when all the spoilers just showed off settings and languages

>not happy with any of my constructions' themes or designs and am just building and destroying over and over
suffering

Building wise there's not much going on on the surface either way, except for the floating islands and dungeon.The most urbanized area is the hellish underground far removed from it.

The narrow deep tunnels suggest that it wasn't very long ago, otherwise erosion and collapse would have closed them by now. I'd still argue that corruption is a recent thing and spreading outwards.

are you bored of actually playing with different classes? because building seems like the most boring thing. You work so long, and so hard, just so you can take a screenshot that gets a reply or two. because you are doing it to show it off, and not actually playing the game and having fun trying a boss with just magic weapons, or just melee weapons and no wings, or something actually video game-y
can't imagine the person that builds those admittedly awesome looking elaborate bases, and just sits in there to enjoy it, watching the NPCs move from left to right.

I quite enjoy doing both. A commieblock just looks ghastly, that's why I spend time making at least a decent looking base for my NPCs to fuck around in.

yeah I actually want to get back to the gameplay part especially since I haven't gotten to use any of the new content since the dungeon defenders update

I'm not especially creative and most of my structures end up being decorated and slightly oversized commieblocks, but having some personalized rooms for the NPCs and good storage/crafting organization makes playing a lot more pleasant. With that in mind I think I'm just going to rebuild one of my old brick castles instead of wasting so much time trying to do something "new." It's that or another copper airship

Can anyone tell me how to make a wavebank? I want to replace all the music with super metroid.

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/custom-wave-bank-creation-and-installation-1-3-4-x-beyond.51635/

GUYS ITS OUT

Okay, so how do i downgrade terraria to the previous version?

Every single fucking update. It's like you motherfuckers never learn.

mega.nz/#!HFgVVYCR!ilkqIkeFuvxVsM-mlzkX3XPyh18tGrnErMqwRhWMTjs

thank you very much

What do we put in OP instead of "1.3.5 SPOILERS" next time?

Probably just "1.3.5 is out for PC"

The template has already been changed.

It wasn't when I wrote that post.

>sonar says "Golden Crate"
>mfw
>line breaks

>NPCs will try to return to assigned homes
Oh hey, something useful.
Now the underground houses I never visit will eternally be the Painter and Tavern keeper's places.

Nanomachines, son

server when

Hopefully when Tmodloader updates.

Tell me about jopojelly? Why does he do it for free?

>sonar says Reaver Shark
>mfw
>line breaks

Sonar says [item I want], line doesn't break because of high test line.

Sonar says [junk item], press shit and recast.

Git gud.

>press shit
Which button is that?

>fishing late game

I'VE MADE A FOOL OF MYSELF

Fishing is a pain in the ass, and a waste of time early game. Late game you don't have to worry about staying safe, or getting to the right biome. Then you can get the shit you need easily (cell phone, staff of regrowth)

>tfw you really enjoy fishing but have no idea why

>enjoying vanilla fishing instead of pic related

There's loads of fish which make extremely useful potions for the lategame.

Why frog's legs?

Probably because it's a fish related item and also bunny jumping is fun.

Reminder that using potions is cheating.

Reminder that you're a fucking idiot and that meme is dumb.

what mod i also love fishing

Fargo's

Friendly Hallow NPCs when
Can't perceive it as "good" when it wants to kill me

tmodloader delayed infinity because redditlogic added a new .dll and replaced an ass ton of shit with it

And corrupt/crimson to balance it out.

That's because it's NOT good.

>It's an anthro unicorn that constantly talks shit to you

A Defense rating similar in scale to armors you'd use to kill them/slightly higher. Bonuses would be unique, stuff like Mask of Cthulhu spawning occasional Eyeballs that scale with Minion and Magic Damage.
Etc. etc.
The biggest problem with Masks giving buffs at all is you're giving up Set Bonuses which are usually unique benefits as well.

no no
it's basically this but white and with a horn

complete with a little flopping animation any time the sprite flips directions

>It's a white-furred werewolf that wears a pink bow
>It does nothing but call you a bitch and tank bosses

?

I can dig it

What's your favourite boss mask to wear legitly as cosmetic?

...is this loss?

Yes. How did you know?

OH NO ALL MY FUCKING MODS

...just swap out the .exe with the tmodloader .exe to downgrade back to where you were