/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed) (embed)

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.co
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX)
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/orc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SPIDERS ARE GAY

Second for battleships are a meme

SPIDERS

ARE

NOT

STRATEGY

I WANT MY LANCE META BACK ALREADY

That's why you bring some dedicated shield sappers with neutron torpedoes and then annihilate the Unbidden with plasma once their shields are down

SAY THAT TO MY FACE AND NOT ONLINE

STOP IT WITH THE FUCKING SPIDERS YOU CUNTS

Oh yeah for sure. You want plasma against everything, just that against unbidden you do want more than just plasma.
Against everyone else just plasma'll do.

>reddit filename

That explains everything

Reddit has had its own image uploading service for ages
Imgur is its own community now, like fucking 9gag or something

I'm sick of the unoriginality of the spider shit at this stage too, but we were almost 100 threads over. If you want to complain make the new thread yourselves next time.

>there are spiders in this general RIGHT NOW

>planet has terraforming candidate button
>terraform button doesn't appear

what a cute spider

can you colonise a planet with space age primitives on it

>mistaking imgur for reddit
Someone take this newfag out of here.

Why wouldn't you be able to?

yes send in you army, soon no more primitives

Reminder that Vodyani don't care about how much population a planet can hold, just how much the ark can hold.

>unmet civ spawned in the fucking Pit of Hell

How much you wanna bet they're fanatic purifiers?

As are corvettes and destroyers.

Vodyani aren't nearly as cool as dosh lords

They are essentially dosh lords + cultists.

Damn right spiders are cute.

We need more games with spiders in them. Brb, reinstalling Myst.

Reminder that everything in stellaris is a meme because it is a meme game. If you are not meming then you are doing it wrong.

This guy gets it.

Is there a way to mod spaceport modules to modify tile production on the planet?

>Want to have chill game a space mormons
>Have only 6 other empires set to normal aggressiveness in a large System
>Starts off good, start adventuring out some more mid year 5
>Pirates and Non empire aliens are all around me at 1.2K and shit
>Having my own little paradise piece of shit sector that can't expand because every one of my ships gets shot down

We just want to fuck and expand, leave us alone :c

I think so. Observatory:

tile_resource_physics_research_mult = 0.1
tile_resource_society_research_mult = 0.1
tile_resource_engineering_research_mult = 0.1

Those are the same modifiers pop units have, so you can do similar stuff to that. I don't think you can add flat amounts to individual tiles, however. Just planet wide multipliers that are added at the end of the equation.

>ywn be spaceship bound dust suit wearing powerful qt 3.14 dominating every other galactic nation while being dominated by patriarch of your nation
waste of life

I once had a game with like 8 system with void clouds around me
Just build some ships and smash them, nerd

Use some commas, goddamn.

I love spiders.

I love Age of Wonders.

I FUCKING HATE SPIDERS IN AGE OF WONDERS.

Who are some good 4x LPer's?

I know Quill18 is pretty memein' but who else is there?

Without the charm of either.

Make me

I like spiders.
I hate goblins.
I love Battle for Middle Earth 2.
I fucking hate playing as Goblins in BfME2.

is there a guide anywhere on how to minmax ship designs?

>tfw just found out what happens when you give in to the shroud

Wew

Marbozir I guess

there was a pastebin link about ship designs in a recent thread, forgot link

You mean Orcs, cunt?

pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh

thanks

Orcs and goblins are different, uncultured, spider-hater, swine.

>missiles are worthless

Well this explains a lot about my last game

KLINGON STRONG

What happens if you move your capital to a ringworld and then The worm eats the Star into a black hole and Tomb worlds your shit?

>spider-hater
Epic meme user xD!!!!
>Orcs and goblins are different
Goblin is the English translation for Orc faggot
Read a damn book

At least import the insignia if you're going to make an established race.

>spider-hater get rekt
>start moving the goalposts and humiliating himself
Sad!

>Well this explains a lot about my last game
they are _totally_ worthless. bulking up fleets with dozens of shitty 60 mineral corvettes with nothing but missiles and whatever warp drive you've got can be helpful.

WE IZ GOBBOS

no but those are multipliers
I want to ADD resources to tiles

>English translation
Orc is old-english for foreigner, you fucking French.

And orcs and goblins ARE different factions in bfme2

You know they are established as separate species in numerous fantasy genres, stop being purposely obtuse.

Hey, hey don't call him French.

Because I'm the French here. And even throught there's some confusion in the book about orcs and goblins, the movies, video games, and even The Hobbit (the book) makes the differences obvious.

That poor idiot just wanted to be like "hahaha u secondary fan only watched the movie but the book that i the true Fan have read are differents".
Without considering the fact that we're on Veeky Forums here.

>Orc is old-english for foreigner, you fucking French.
I don't gve a fuck if you think that's what Tolkien was referring to, I'm pretty sure his actual written explanation trumps your bullshit
>And orcs and goblins ARE different factions in bfme2
Not an argument
>in numerous fantasy genres
Not an argument when talking about LotR

planet_modifier = {
every_tile = {
if = {
limit = {
has_resource = {
type = society_research
amount > 0
}
}
}
add_resource = {
resource = physics_research
amount = 1
replace = no
}

this doesn't seem to work

>In a federation with some shitters that don't have any military

>3 of us

>2 people declare war on a member so now its 3v2
>we are all doing our best, I'm able to hold off one of the enemies

>I'm harassing the empire and taking their planets
>-14% wargoal

>Hmm I wonder why thats happening if I'm doing well

>suddenly a 50k fleet from the second empire pops up

>my highest fleet power was 20k

OH NO

Not giving any arguments either, therefore you're wrong and they're right.

Try

produced_resources = {
physics_research = 1
}

instead of add_resource

>Not an argument
Just like your mother and me last night

Can Paradox code even use > ? I don't think I've ever seen that in a file
Also, has_resource type = society research should be enough, that already implies it has more than one

What research type is Terraforming? Is it New Worlds?

>Orc is old-english for foreigner, you fucking French.
It's not, you idiot.

>"Orcus was the name for Pluto, the god of the infernal regions, hence we can easily understand the explanation of hel-deofol. Orc, in Anglo-Saxon, like thyrs, means a spectre, or goblin."

OOOOOOOOOOOH DAYUM SON LAY DOWN THE ROAST

That's what she said

What's the best way to make a slave empire in Stellaris?

Is Stellaris now playable? With which mods?

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/orc

I forgot to close the last thread
Look at this American who still doesn't understand the concept of timezones

>Worried because empire I want to gobble up decides to found a federation.
>But nobody wants to join it so now he's just protected by his one single federationmate and not the 6 other Empires he had defensive pacts with before.

>wikipedia
trustworthy

>wiktionary is the same as wikipedia
You clearly are way out of your league here, buddy.

Take xenophobe ethos
Conquer planets and then leave them alone once you built enough defense armies to quell unrest

>these grots and they's """""orcs"""""

>>>English
>Probably from Italian orco (“man-eating giant”); later revived by J. R. R. Tolkien, partly after Old English orc (“demon”).
>>>Old English
>>Compare Old Saxon ork.
>Cup, tankard.
>>From Latin orcus.
>Demon.
>Hell.
This even goes against you, user. No "foreigner" there.

>everything said to me isn't an argument
>all sources are unreliable
>"why doesn't anyone taken me srsly baaw"

The only distinction the lore really gives is that goblins are either a Hobbitish name for them, or they're just smaller and scrawnier orcs, who are already smaller and scrawnier than men. Hell, that's the entire distinction of Uruk-Hai, that they're as tall as regular humans instead of being dwarf-sized and skinny.

Yeah man I love that shit
>everyone bands together in defensive pacts because I am the big evil militarist xenophobe empire
>one of them decides to start a federation with another tiny 2 planet empire
>immediately attack and take 8 of their planets
>later on the rest of the dudes who banded together try to attack me but it's too late now and I destroy all their fleets

How stupid Stellaris ai is? It gets stuck on planets if you kill their transports every time. It doesn't seem to happen when ai empires fight each other though.

Why don't you just rename this general to stellaris general and let /civ4xg/ die out?

>that's the entire distinction of Uruk-Hai, that they're as tall as regular humans
Don't forget the slanted eyes! And I think they were described as "swarthy" as well, just like the half-orc spies running around
Goddamn I love Tolkien's racism

>Xenophobic enough to not want too many ayys in my home systems and don't want to give them full citizenship or leadership positions
>Not xenophobic enough to want to reduce the galaxy's diversity of life, purge or enslave ayys

It's a weird feeling

This particular federation is probably gonna survive because the other member is like three empires over, but at least this empire is a dead duck

Worst part is that he ended up conquering a former ally of mine, and now their remnant hates my guts because they've completely drunken the kool-aide despite them being xenophobic slavers.

>they're just smaller and scrawnier orcs
Nice to see you finally agree with me, but if you pay attention to the board we're both currently on, you might find out that we are not talking about the books or the lore, but about the VIDEO GAMES, in which Goblins are NOT Orcs.

Therefore, you're off-topic.

I still want to see racial group specific xenophobia and xenophilia.

That's fine though, nothing weird about it
Hell, I don't even like my own fucking species migrating around to colonies, leaving buildings on the original planet unmanned. I sure as fuck am not gonna let disgusting aliens run around my empire willy nilly
>tfw xenophile ethos simply because letting conquered fucks be happy and free is more efficient than enslaving them

Well hey, it's european fantasy, and europe's been invaded by swarthy fellows quite a few times in its history.

>you finally
I'm someone else. I'm a wandering nerd.

It's more like "stay the fuck away from me" than "KILL ALL AYYYS". That's what actualy xenophoby is about.

>It doesn't seem to happen when ai empires fight each other though
Because in any scenario when Stupid fights stupid it ends up being an evened match
But whenever stupid fights smart its a one sided battle

Okay guys what is the best ascension path?
>psi shit for the best shields, traits, and improved jump drive
>gene mods for stacking trait bonuses on your species
>synthetics for production bonuses and replacing all your farms with powerplants

In Stellaris is it just me or does the game spawn shitloads more female leaders than male?

Allies are great to prevent others from declaring war on you while you're busy conquering half the galaxy, but they're pretty pointless in an actual war due to the way the AI handles combat
That goes for enemy allies as well, actually. Sure thing, just keep sending those fleets one at a time so I can wipe them all out one after another, I'm fine with that
So basically losing an ally isn't that big a deal, just signals it's time to conquer them. Realpolitik, motherfucker

I'd like if xenophobes got some government stuff that let you set the terms of your xenophobia.
Is it all aliens out? Is it all aliens belong as slaves in your glorious empire? Is it aliens are an affront to nature and will be purged wherever we go. Hell do we just not like bug people in particular?

I want some fucking choices dammit I don't just want it to be a blanket xenos out reeee option.

You're missing some } lad

Who cares? And it's not like I can tell whether my space monstrosity called Nor-Roarg is male or female. Stop playing humans you boring fuck
Why? You can already do it as species rights. What additional benefit do you gain from setting a default?

With the new Utopia DLC for stellaris, is it now more possible to make Borg-ish species? What ethics should I take, why technology should I focus on to achieve it as fast as possible?

Oh I know, it just sucks that I'm stuck being the galactic pariah again. Would like to not have to conquer EVERYONE for once.

At least with him gone my only real rival is this race of foxes called the Tumbator Alliance. Fitting name I think.