/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #78

Previous thread: Am I Glad Edition

YO-KAI WATCH 2 IS OUT FOR EU
gematsu.com/2017/02/yo-kai-watch-2-launches-april-7-europe

Join the discord to make friends and battle others!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

Yo-kai Watch 3 is out in Japan! Details here!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

The Third version of YW3 (Sukiyaki) is out! Go spelunking with friends and kill each other's heads over those goddamn traps!

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration:yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo for the first game was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game. The demo for 2 was slightly better.
It's heavily recommended to skip the first game and go straight for Yo-kai Watch 2.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yo-kai_by_Medallium_Number_(Yo-kai_Watch)

yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yo-kai_by_Medallium_Number_(Yo-kai_Watch_2)

yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yo-kai_by_Medallium_Number_(Yo-kai_Watch_3)

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai Watch 1+2 FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a Pastebin for all your Yo-kai Watch 2 FAQ needs:
pastebin.com/JVBgWF8s
This includes event passwords and QR codes, Poking tips, Door locations, and other good shit.

Tags: Yokai, Youkai

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/Zhu4IyJ
youtu.be/TNAlyIuvKhI
pastebin.com/dNUJRLes
pastebin.com/PzX9E8T3
youtube.com/watch?v=_QYtYDJdn6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When's Sangokushi?

I thibk i heardon't somewhere Vizmedia is actually unsure if they want to localize sangokushi.

>3 Scramble Battle coins in a row, get Eyesoar

Well, fuck you too Skelly in the sky. I would have prefer something else.

to be honest I can't blame them. If they thought Japanese was hard to work with for localizing, imagine what would happen when you add Chinese figures into the bowl.

desu, I'm not surprised, it's even more Japanese than Yokai Watch. I just really want to play it without pouring over a japanese dictionary.

>I thibk i heardon't somewhere Vizmedia is actually unsure if they want to localize sangokushi.
What do they have to do with the games?

Who wants to take bets on what they'll do localizing YW3?

They're basically 4kids level at this point and the only think of either, making the 'Merican Yo-Kai Canadian or call then "Yankee" or some pun of it?

I figure they'll call them "Foreign Yo-kai" and leave it at that.

Southern Yo-kai (Brent predicts they will move south)
Modern Yo-kai
Are my predictions on what they'll call merican kai

>Southern Yo-kai (Brent predicts they will move south)
They're really fucking dead-set on making kids think the series takes place in America, aren't they?

Modern Yokai would be pretty good.

I really don't get it, We're more connected to the world than ever, honestly playing YW again makes me feel like 10 because that's when all this "We can't let kids know about foreign cultures" was rampant. Were they scared that it wouldn't sell well unless they americanized the crap out of it?

I want to practice my Japanese, Anyone wanna throw some small Yokai Watch stuff they've been curious about? Don't expect perfect translations, I'm N4 at best.

Hard to say. Supposedly Springdale is not too close, but not too far away from kemamoto, Japan (and the US is a great deal away from Japan), so for all we know it might be in Australia.
Meanwhile the manga only shares the termology, but retains the most Japanese stuff
The anime is dead set on it though. No denying.

God the inconsistency kills me every time.
Try this? m.imgur.com/Zhu4IyJ

>m.imgur.com/Zhu4IyJ
>Handwriting
Oh jesus christ, I-I'll try...

Actually, fuck it. I'm sorry user but I cannot even comprehend handwriting.

Are you aiming to translate more of the game-related stuff then?

Yeah, it's a godsend since it has furigana (the little hiragana on top of the kanji) and why I want to play them in Japanese, at least the ones we're least likely to get.

How about this then, kontan's bio?

Perfect, I'll get right on it.

>finally at Past Springdale meaning that I can use the 5-Star Coins I've been saving in the Past Crank-A-Kai
>suddenly out of nowhere during the day, Terror Time happens.
Well that's unexpected.

youtu.be/TNAlyIuvKhI (1:19), (4:52), (6:27) these points and after the befriending.
Sakichan's befriending quest lines if you'd like. Might be long.

"A kitsune idol Yo-kai.
??? (Something ulterior motives and easily seen.)
Talented at entertaining serious Yo-kai,
She became popular very quickly."

And she has the popularity skill!
モテモテ~~

I think it's obvious they're just going to have him move to a place that's similar to america

Wait, the games are supposed to take place in America in the localized version? But everything looks Japanese as fuck

>You can make her S-Rank now

>1
"You came! Please show me your power!
Are you rea~dy?"
>2
"Yup! You're strong. But something's up...
If it isn't any trouble, can we another match tomorrow?"
(Can't figure out her last bit of dialouge here)
>3
(You befriended Saki-chan!)
"You...You have the qualities of a hero!
Won't you join me?"

I heard a "EAT THIS!" in her vocal bits somewhere too.

At least in the anime, I just wish they had gone Okami's route with localization and just shorten the more complicated names. Having irrelevent english names to super japanese monsters really irritates me.

Good night my dudes, I'm heading to sleep, if anyone wants more translations, I'll try to get to them when I wake up if the thread isnt already closed.

The anime yes. The games purposefully avoid any mention of the location of Springdale (until 2's kemamoto talk), so it's ambiguous at best.

God i hope i get unikirin so i can get slurpent and wreck score attack

Can you also translate the dialog between her, Keita and whisper after the befriending as well?

so general, who's the better daughterfu
Fumi/Katie
or Inaho/Zoey

There's already a Zoey in YW before inaho though. I don't think her name has been confirmed yet.

>Zoey
It's not fucking Zoey, Reddit doesn't know what they're talking about. I would believe "Charlotte" before "Zoey" because it sounds more fucking far from the original name than Nate/Keita does.

Yo-kai Specs 15 & 16: Springdale the Beautiful Parts 1 and 2

(16 will be edited as my proofreaders find errors. I just wanted to put it up because I was excited to finish it. 5k words is a lot for me.)

pastebin.com/dNUJRLes

pastebin.com/PzX9E8T3

I'm not gonna lie, the whole train thing in YW2 is annoyingly long and I'm glad that you get the ability to warp places after some time in Harrisville because I don't think anyone would have the patience to get on the train, go through 10 different stations and sit through 10 random events between those stations a few more times.

I enjoyed the battle chapter a lot

>it's not zoey
my apologies
also I don't go to reddit

There is an Express train that cuts travel between stations down significantly (from downtown to fortune place), but they never tell you this. Guess they assume folks are train savy

>the whole train thing is annoying
you're going to love physic specters

there's a rare yo-kai train that comes to a random station. going to the location will allow you to get Light Venoct/hikari orochi.
Also there's an exclusive crankakai that'll give you those S ranks or rare items guaranteed
it's called ふくふく超特急

>go through 10 different stations
That's the reason a lot of "journalists" gave the game shit on reviews, because they didn't unlock the Mirapo.

Do you have to visit every station?

There are also 2 Kennys. Granted the background character Kenny doesn't have a big role.

no
the train is rng so what you can do
>go near a train station where you can exit to a location (ie: downtown springdale < springdale station)
>go in and out the area until you find the train approaching

youtube.com/watch?v=_QYtYDJdn6E
preferably you want to exit in and out of this area. It doesn't have the textbox where it said you've used your ticket so it's much quicker.

I finished the YW2 main story and now I'm on to building my dream team. Does anyone have a sailornyan they'd be willing to trade me? I don't know if I've got too many rare yo-kai, I do have a shadow venoct I can give. FC is 4055-3620-7278

If you don't care about hacking I could do it

up

Sounds good! FC?

1951-2157-2793, i'll send you a request when ready
you want a nickname for it?

Hank Hill is my mii name
Ok I'm ready, it's my first time trading so I think I'm doing it right. I've registered you and am now on the yo-kai medal swap ready to trade

do you want your Sailornyan nicknamed?
for trading just stay in an area where you can connect (best in a building so terror time doesn't happen)

nah just sailornyan is fine. thanks for the tip!

is mari your in game name?

yes!

sent a request, check your bottom screen

ok I thought it would just accept it but its loading right now saying I've invited you

Awesome, thank you so much! I thought I had screwed it up at first. Sailornyan is my fav yo-kai but I didn't get the digital copy because I wanted the cartridge.

No problem, good luck on your teambuilding!
I can relate, I just prefer having a cart

I wish there was more rewards for scramble battles, after you reach 40k there's really nothing left to do

Oh hey, that's my art

You upload stuff to pixiv?

Yup!

Still holding onto hope

why does unkeen have to be locked to the crank, at least with the other executives you had a stage to get them at consistently

Holy shit, I didn't know that. I'm barely on stage 40.

hell, most of them are bosses on the divine paradise except unpleasant who is a rare encounter on some stage

Apparently my taste in yokai is masochistic because I swear I have to shed sweat and blood to get my favs.

most of mine aren't even in wib wob

>SB Coin
>Another Uber Geeko

UNIKIRIN WYD

Requesting more hot Unkaind pics

>They're actually bothering with the third version of 2 instead of just bringing 3 over
>I'm still going to buy it anyway
I need Fukai for my waifu team anyway.

Honestly, I'm mad since I just got the game a month ago myself. So, I know that feeling, my dude.

Boop

Nothing wrong with supporting your waifu.

Man, I love Lonbluewolf's YW stuff

In times of trial against the popular slutsomni and smutmella, we need to go back and find the other gals to love

That looks like part of a lewd image set
Link?

Look up sakichan's Japanese name on pixiv

>throw marbled beef at demuncher
>makes me waste a bunch of items healing everyone because I wasn't leveled enough to fight him
>when I finally beat him he doesn't even want to be friends
fuck that guy

Why the fuck are people so pissed off about this?

Are you unaware that it has extra content that is needed to finish the medallium, extra quests and more story, or do you just not care about any of that?

Well, I do but it's just, I REALLY don't want to have to trod through a lot of the same game for it.

New game plus mode user. You can import your save from flesh/bone and continue where you left off so that you can tackle the new content.

>spend 3 hours and several thousand dollars in good food to get a yokai
>it joins again on a separate occasion with no food/poking

Holy hot cakes does anyone else feels good when they use soultimates and get a shit load of Y money on Wib wob/puni or nah

Oh shit, really? When It's like I'm paying 60 bucks for a dlc section (And I know apparently you just can't 'patch it in')

How are you all stealing such good shit? I just get mini exporbs

There is room in my heart for all Yokaifus, popular or no.

>When It's like I'm paying 60 bucks for a dlc section
>60
What country?