/bbg/ - Bloodborne general

Returned to his world >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Reminder not to reply to tripfags.

First for broccoli

>killing those three faggots at Yahar'gul Chapel
Maddest I've been at this game by a mile desu
You were supposed to cheese those shitstains, right?

First for doll

The three hunters?

The first guy is very easy to take out by sneaking up upon. From there, 2v1 is decently manageable.

Does faglord A with the whip not chain pull the others if you start with him?
I honestly assumed he did. Would have saved me some heartache

The moon presence is a really underwhelming fight.

So what do you guys want to see in fromsofts next game?

Cyberpunk borne? Aztec souls? Giant bug souls?

Anything with combat and weapons like BB

>Players and bosses are insect themed knights.

>Dung Beetle Knight and Laird Mantis are superior to all
>No change there.

Salaryborne, visceral action RPG about Japanese salarymen.

Man i just want a new Armored Core game

Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge Souls

I'd fucking love a cyberpunk-borne game with a Blame!-esque setting.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to go away from the soulsborne kind of games, they have been doing the same formula for a while now

Every thread you're here
And I agree Souls really fit with Blame's atmosphere

cyberpunk pls

>But I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to go away from the soulsborne kind of games
Honestly I think it would be really neat to see modern from try their hand at an entire different style of game but I just don't see it happening, soulsborne is their thing now.

I mean you're not wrong, but I'm not sure if you're confusing me for someone else. Is it because I posted about Blame or about them not doing a soulsborne game?

I would kill for a complete set of Blame! scans. I just don't have the money to shell out for hard copies right now.

I'm torn on the issue. I'd really like to see what else From is able to do, but I also don't want soulsborne games to stop being made

You mean like an actual cyberpunk story with actual punk elements like anti-corporatism and anti-government sentiment? Or just 90s sci-fi aesthetic? Or post-cyberpunk, just high tech sci-fi trappings?

They did a reprint relatively recently called the Master's Edition, so now it's more affordable. However the new scans use a slightly different translation and changed Killy's name (Kyrii). But I also wish I had a set of the old versions.

If anyone needs co-op, say the word, my phantasms are twitching and ready

For me running outside always seems to separate them long enough for me to 1 on 1 until the others show up, then I just run again until it's 1v1

There always is a nigga asking for the Blame game

Do you know if the new translation is better/worse than the original?

I hate how slow Ebrietas' grab is. You can't dodge through it, only avoid it.

How active is this game? I just summoned someone surprisingly quickly without a password at Cainhurst

this sounds pretty sick desu

As long as it involves god-slaying.

I unfortunately don't own the newer releases. I know that some of the names are slightly different but I can't say for certain if they're overrall better or not. Some people have been less than happy with them but it could also be because they're used to the old translations so anything different isn't as good by comparison.

It's way more alive than you'd expect a niche console exclusive to be. I get regular SRRC co-op throughout the day.

Do you have all the achievements /bbg/? I just got my final one today, pretty hyped. It was of course the queen trophy

My last one was the third ending.

Only game I've ever platinum'd

I think mine was the queen trophy or Yharnam Sunrise.

Holy shit, I've been summoned into Lower Hintertombs like four times today, what gives?

How sad for you.

The only thing I could see anyone summoning for there is the Forgotten Madman, maybe just to make the fight a little more even. I can't remember the Layer 1 boss, and the Elder on Layer 3 has never been much of an issue.

reminder not to reply to bait

>Brainsucker
Literal trash
I'm more surprised at anyone doing the lower hintertombs now that there's almost no reason to do it outside fashion/completing all chalices

The only reason I ever do it is to get the Madman Set.
I actually do all the Hintertomb chalices, even the Root dungeons. I don't know why, but it happens every time. If they added a little variety to it, maybe if it wasn't a darker Pthumeru with more poison, I would have a better reason.

There is some variety, but its in the form of a huge fuckoff swamp.

You've touched the old wound, he'll start whining about how he didn't get it because there wasn't a reward. He really did it so we would stop mocking him.

So you admit I got it.
Checkmate.

What I've also found is the benefit to doing Sinister Root dungeons. Since it creates two different glyphs, one for FRC and the other for exclusively Sinister, the treasure variety increases greatly. I also don't have to deal with the usual dangers of FRC.

Favorite area: hemwick
Least favorite: Yahargul

It took me 10 days to get platinum in one of the easiest games in the history of gaming franchises. Seriously each area following the "chosen hunter" and his excessively buffed weapons from assorted game locations as he fights brainless enemies has been less engaging than the last. Aside from the handholding, the game's only consistency is providing you with absolutely retarded, unchallenging mobs and allowing you to run through all of them without any combative motivation thoughout the entire game. All to make the difficult feel easy, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when From Software voted to make the game a PS4 exclusive; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody. just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for the souls series. Bloodborne might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the normalfag game in its refusal of challenge, skill and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the Dark Souls games were good though
"No!"
The enemies were easy; the bosses were unfairly hard. As I played, I noticed that every time a enemy went for an attack, he spent an unrealistic amount of time telegraphing an attack.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every second the enemy stretched his arm back. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope a several dozen times. I was incredulous. Miyazaki's mind is so governed by outdated game design philosophies that he has no other style of challenge. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Dark Souls by the same Kevin-V from Gamespot. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Bloodborne at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play the Star Wars Jedi Knight." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Bloodborne" you are, in fact, trained to play Jedi Academy.

Take this pasta back to /tv/ before I knock it out of your hand

Favorite: Woods
Least: Cainhurst (if we're allowed to do dungeons, change this to Pthumeru)
If we're really rehashing the old 10 days pasta and settling back to mocking Lucy about his adventures with the Platinum, we've really fallen down.

Favorite; Hunter's Nightmare or Old Yharnam
Least favorite; Forbidden Woods or Yahargul

Anyone wanna take on OoK with me? Been trying at it for a while now on my own but it's wearing me down. I usually take him on solo so I have no idea how he's going to freak with three people.

NG+3
Pass: bbg
Gonna hang by the lighthouse lamp

On me way

Do sinister FRC dungeons have better loot than regular ones? How often do you get invasions?

Sinister Dungeons actually don't take FRC, it's just the Sinister ritual. They share the same loot pool as their FRC counterparts, so if you miss something in one, you'll probably find it in the other. As for invasions, none. It wasn't my Blood Level, being at 108, it's probably that people don't invade in dungeons, period. It might also be that the dungeons were all closed.

Phew! Thanks Grigori! Now I too can be broccoli.

Then why are people using FRCs if they have the same loot pool?

No FRC, no Cursed gems. Cursed gems are always the best.

Probably for the sake of the challenge. It's far easier to extract a bunch of Arcane Haze than it is farming out the other materials needed for an FRC. The gem quality also increases, and few people purchase the Sinister Chalices to begin with.
Essentially, if you're going for loot, use Sinister rites. If you're going for gems, use FRC.

Glad to help! Get yourself some veggies.

Is there a variant of curse that is more common than others, or is it an entirely equal chance what curse is on the gem? I feel like I get more Beast Down gems than any other type.

Just Bloodborne's gameplay and a similar story about how terrifying the Great Ones are but set in 21st century New York.

People would call it a Resident Evil or Devil May Cry clone but I wouldn't give a fuck if I got to carve up an office building full of Scourge Beasts.

Is Micolash a former Choir member, considering he's using Choir arcane tools? Does that mean that chronologically, Mensis School was institutionalized after Choir?
Also what actual evidence do we have for the Nightmare = Host + Great One system? Could it be that he's called "host of the nightmare" in the same vain that one can be called a host of the party, as in a person behind it all (which he is, without doubt)?

It would be more like an Onimusha clone. I would be fine with that.

Someone should edit that comic which shows what I guess is the "history" of /bbg/, remove luci from it, replace him with Meme Machine as he seems to be the new resident tripfag, and add the gondola group "photo" to it. Also, I think there should be more Kos in it.

Put your trip back on DesecratedFlame

>Does that mean that chronologically, Mensis School was institutionalized after Choir?
This is probably correct, or at least has some element of truth to it. It's more likely that they were split due to the split between Byrgenwerth and the Church, but still exchanged findings and ideas. Their goals were more or less the same, after all.
>Could it be that he's called "host of the nightmare" in the same vain that one can be called a host of the party, as in a person behind it all (which he is, without doubt)?
Yes, but the Nightmare of Mensis is his Dream. He's how we get to it after all, his remains in Advent Plaza. He acts as a source for the Dream while a Great One makes it a reality through whatever cosmic-level power they possess.

Reminder of this autism

Lower Hintertombs has a Bath Messenger with all Lost and Uncanny DLC weapons, so that helps.

Precisely what are you trying to accomplish with this? Everyone here is a diehard fan who won't be swayed away from the game by you and everyone here has sunk so much time into this game that they don't give a fuck about its flaws (actual or otherwise) anyway. You're not getting a rise out of anyone, you're just showing everyone how sad of a person you are.

We don't know the timelines of the Church's founding. Choir very possibly could have come first and Mensis later, but there's no real way of knowing.

Host just means manager. Micolash is the one running the ritual, or overseeing it or whatever. He didn't create the Nightmare of Mensis, the Nightmare is one continuous dimension, it isn't all different places. Certain entities seem to have importance to various areas, but no one's dreaming it into reality or holding it together, Sweet Child of Kos, Moon Presence and Mergo, the only bosses we get 'Nightmare Slain' from, are intrinsically important to their locations, but aren't fundamental parts of it. That's why they continue to exist after being killed.

>I think there should be more Kos in it
I'm usually a lolifag but the idea of an eldritch sea god mother figure with a squishy damp body really makes me think.

This is as bad as replying to him. For a guy like this, he thrives on attention, no matter how he gets it, even if it's mocking him like this. I we just ignore him outright, even by stopping the reminders (risky gamble, but it could help), he won't get any sort of attention or recognition he craves. It's the principle that there's no such thing as bad publicity; he doesn't care if we drag him through the mud as long as we're putting effort into smearing his name. Ignore him in every shape, and we might make some progress.
It's some pasta that's resurfaced, sometimes pops up whenever we get too slow.

What's the original?
I dont think i have that one

>have to guilt myself into playing other games I own

You're wasting your breath. People love to hate me.

Fucking this.
>Come on, m8, you paid more for Witcher 3 than you did for Bloodborne, at least finish the stupid story
>B-but the gameplay sucks compared to Bloodborne
>Every gameplay sucks compared to Bloodborne, stop being such a pussy

i know the feel. ever since i started playing bb again i struggle to get myself to play r6 siege even though its one of my favorite games

>Fucking play something else than Bloodborne you fuck
>End up playing Dark Souls 1/2/3
>Either i stay there for a week where above scenario occurs in reverse or i find myself booting up the ps4 in half an hour already

Fucking Fromsoft games i tell you

>Dark Souls 2

I just srrc'd into a dungeon where the host was waiting at the lamp for summons wearing full bone ash with the LHB. Right after I got in, another full bone ash LHB showed up and they both deep respected at each other before they spent a solid 20 seconds trying to get into the previous layer thinking it was the fog gate. After buffing their weapons twice, we went into defiled amy g where they both tried to use the jump strats over and over. While they were busy doing no damage at all, I managed to get amy down to 20% with my bowblade to the soothing sounds of eps every couple of seconds, only for them to then both die to a jump attack. Sorry for the blog post, but damn, I really didn't think this sorta shit actually happened. Am I in for a lot like this with chalice co-op or is this just a special treat?

Eh, i think its still a decent game. Its also the first souls game i bought where the playerbase was in its prime for maximum PvP&dropping my sign for co-op.
It gave me fond memories, but lets stop talking about DS2 before a certain tripfag shits himself over it

>Am I in for a lot like this with chalice co-op or is this just a special treat?

Yes and no. You will see an absolutely supernatural amount of LHBs, but you'll also see axes and saws, too. Some Chikages, maybe a Reiter. You don't often see Whirligigs or Amy Arms or such. I make it my mission to use those weapons so people can see the benefits of them.

Two bone ash ludwig's is just fucking funny, though.

Along with the quantifiably spooky amount of LHBs, I've actually seen a fair amount of amy arms but only a handful of whirligigs. My favorite so far was this guy who was fully nude except for the foreigner's trousers with bright red skin and hair called "Bloody Great" or something along those lines. He only used the chikage and was pretty damn good, didn't get hit once. I'm hoping I see some other entertaining stuff in my escapades. Anybody have any good/entertaining co-op stories?

>Mfw perfectly roll through all of Loran Darkbeast's explosions, then mess one up and get 0HKOed
Nice fight

>full bone ash with the LHB
Some of these dudes have to be doing it on purpose.

memed

where do i subscribe?

why is bone ash set used by shitters and redditfags

Same reason they use Fallen Knight in DS3, it looks "Cool and Edgy"

a better question is why do so many people use the exact same weapon/armor combo in every from game

lhb is udnerstandable seeing as its a good all round weapon for medicore players

I think the LHB looks nice and is fun to use, coming from someone who used the Reiter on his first playthrough. I would also like to think I'm at least slightly above average, having no-damage runs on several FRC bosses.

im not saying its exclusivly for medicore weapons, im jsut saying its good for them because its a very "user friendly" weapon

For the honor of Cainhurst.

Cum guzzler.

>exclusivly for medicore weapons
i mean medicore players

So basically, the Church Pick is like the Burial Blade except not for Caincucks, right?

Burial Blade is an Old Hunter weapon you silly sausage

But the Burial Blade isn't even a Cainhurst weapon.