/rsg/ Runescape General

Saradomin has the best everything Edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,192,65899569

>BTS
[YouTube] April - RuneScape's Month Ahead
youtube.com/watch?v=2V-0wSDcjJE

Other urls found in this thread:

insidermedia.com/insider/central-and-east/runescape-owner-hails-record-profits
beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03982706/filing-history
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for lorefags are autistic

2nd for don't believe

3rd for smug World Guardians

so who wants to roleplay as a saradominfag this thread?

more people play oldschool runescape

cringy*

what level does slayer become good $$$

bots*

Would you like to talk about Saradomin's utopia, user? I'd be happy to oblige.

like any skill, 90+

mid to high 60s. some higher level tasks are shit $ but good xp, and some are great $ but shit xp.

on average I think you'll end up making around ~800k per task in the long run, if you grind to 99 or 120.

oh yeah just ignore all the spam bots who use RS3's player creation/player lobby who count towards the player count, RS3 has fewer in-game bots but all of the spam bots are in RS3's lobby

along with regular players just sitting in the lobby not playing the game

>osrs bots
>more bots than actual players

>arguing with a 'I only play RS3 drone'

Don't even bother.

Slayer is never good money, casual shitters who can't boss just tell themselves that it is so they don't feel like they're wasting their time

once you get to spirituals and gargoyles the money is decent but the good money doesn't start showing up until at least the 80s

I'm not even particularly fond of osrs but even I know this is a gross exaggeration user. Telling blatant lies only weakens ones argument.

I don't play either.

Post cute sluts like Fara.

Get better taste

>clan mate just used 4 barrows dyes on his malev and scythe

Why do people do this? Barrows dye is fucking ugly. And it's not even a sign of wealth, its the cheapest dye for a reason - it looks like dogshit.

to show everyone that they're super rich and can spend sub 1b on cosmetics

I thought about doing it myself, glad I choose 120 prayer instead. Cape is very qt paired w/ my yellow.

>tfw Mod Ramen likely has jacked off to Nex on at least one occasion
Really don't know how to feel about that t b h

How much did 120 prayer cost you?

I just finished the Dahmaroc statue for the first time. Will I still get strange rocks in the future? And is there a storage bag for replica statue pieces as well?

>Praesul codex approaching 900M
>TierScape retards will defend this because of 'muh supply and demand' and 'muh optional upgrades'

~800m. I did cleaning stones for most of it

Additionally, is there an option yet to move rooms around your PoH without ripping them apart? I haven't actually built anything in my poh since like 2009.

>construction
>being updated

maybe he thinks it makes malevolent look like elite barrows armour or something

unless they fixed it removing the room will mean you have to start the statue over again
rooms you can have only one of can be moved without destroying stuff I think

damn thanks.

I built my house way back when getting a Guilded Altar was a big deal, haven't worked on my house since then. I'm going to completely re-do my PoH once I hit 99 construction (my layout is atrocious and bloated), but I'm still only 92 so I don't want to commit to adding new structures yet.

Remind me again, what fc should I use to learn AoD?

TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOOOOWN

You'll continue getting strange rocks.

How often do you google runescape now? There's barely any reason to now.

news to none

There is literally nothing wrong with minor endgame upgrades being expensive

Runescape servers will shut down within the next 5 years

This game just isn't sustainable anymore

>jagex reporting record profits
>not sustainable

>jagex reporting record profits
gonna need a legitimate sauce on this

And not a mod tweeting "trust us goyim, we're profitable- keep spending money on your account that will definitely be here in 2 years!"

i dont think you understand how many whales play

Here you go, they legally have to release these things
insidermedia.com/insider/central-and-east/runescape-owner-hails-record-profits

>Clan retard got a 2nd staff of sliske drop
>Immediately after getting a reprisal codex (pic related)
>The very same person who uses full achto, soups and super brews regardless of enrage, even at 0%

>implying that he is the only jmod to have jacked it to runescape characters

>also not wanking it to Avaryss, filthy casuals

>(pic related)
wew attached the wrong image
it fits none the less

>Jagex also also posted a record profit before tax of £20.4m for the year, compared with £766,000 in 2014
what the hell happened?

tfw theres actually a sauce

>linking me a phishing site
Nice try. I'll open it on my tablet instead, tyvm.

>chinks reporting truthfully on profits
As a repulsive dirty happa, let me let you in on a little secret about the Chinese. They're all dirty liars, never trust a word that comes out of their filthy mouths. In fact, the smart thing to do is take anything they say and go 180 with it. In other words, RS is hemorrhaging money.

I'm a sub 2k total shitter and still make 2m/hr on slayer if I tryhard, gitgud

Jagex fired like one third of their staff in 2014 or 2015 and simultaneously increased the amount of ridiculous MTX events/promotions

You can check it on the companies house website, this was before the chinese bought them out and even if it wasn't this is being reported to HMRC not the chinese taxman.
beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03982706/filing-history

likely osrs whales who deny the existence of microtransactions even though they're literally right there

>osrs fags will defend this

I don't think you understand what eventually happens to every game that peaks due to whale income. They come and go like the wind, and sadly runegame is no exception. There's a reason why people say mtx are a deathsign of any game - its the last ditch cash grab of a game on agonal breaths.

>show me evidence
>actually evidence doesn't count

gonna put my entire 22m cash stack into making antifires in an attempt to get from 79 herblore to 85 for super antis
wish me luck /rsg/

>but muh dying game
>muh mtx
>muh jamflex a shit. A SHIT

You'll make it back from the angry worm.

This desu. What might be good money out of game doesn't make for a healthy game itself.

my poorly done calculations said it'd be about 30m to get the levels but with reselling potions and bonus xp taken into consideration I'm hoping it'll be enough

>Doing this mtx bulild a fayre bullshit

>You are out of tools
>literally surrounded by tools wearing spike trap etc
>???
>jagex fix ur shit

Try tentscape

too much of a pussy for wb

I just finished River of Blood and what the fuck? That was such a garbage ending to a great series of quests. It all went to shit when Lowerniel Drakan was killed by his sister

It solved absolutely fucking nothing.

It costs 6m if you do super strengths you mongoloid.

Watch an EOC PVP guide, find a decent warbands FC (the ones that have you do a "trial"), get your easy 75/75 and when they do the after war just tele as soon as you start fighting.

>plethora of cosmetic options avalible
>female characters just wear the same shit as every other goyl in this fucking game

all im asking for is a little bit of fashionscape originality

>Plethora of cosmetic options available
>90% of them are objectively pure garbage
>The remaining 10% are in many cases outclassed by default clothing
>Wonder why the playerbase exclusively uses the same handful of options

9300 vs 7400
my time is worth the 20m loss

have you considered that he just wanted his t90 items to degrade to broken?

>Go into wildy with no equipment
>Visit spot
>Hope there are no pkers there if a camp is present
>Otherwise change world once near but not within vacant camp
>Hope to get loot
>Get tons of XP
>Win
>Alternatively
>Get no xp, spend 15 minutes in vain
>Still a better use of time overall than grinding the skills you can train with wb

I like barrows dyes aesthetic, but certainly not on the scythe

Veeky Forums skips non 0 gets

>spent my build-a-fayre tools on woodcutting
>realised im 98 div and probably shouldve been grinding that
kill me

You can always buy spins or runecoins for golden tools!

y tho

To stop people doing what you did.

>implying that was me

except it didn't stop him

HASHTAG BLOWN THE FUCK OUT ABBREVIATION

Just do cache and arc div, you will hit 99 after a couple days.

wow ok

Do high level players opt to stop receiving strange rocks? I never seem to see anyone handing these in, and they can be annoying and clutter my inventory when I'm skilling.

They're free weekly xp, just stick the bag on if you don't want them cluttering.

just wear the statue collection bag

Oh I didn't even know it was equippable.

Out of curiosity, what if I didn't have the bag equipped and my inventory was full, would the strange rock be automatically sent to my bank? Or would I just never get one?

Normally you get a "something strange happened to your item and you find a strange rock"

it converts one of your items to a rock

Anyone have any tips for Rush of Blood? I'm really shit at PVM

Oh ok.

Last question I promise. Do I actually need to finish the statue this week for it to 'reset' so I can receive more rocks and XP next week? Or can I turn in rocks for half the skills this week, and be able to receive them again next Wednesday?

You can complete a statue once every week reset period. You can still get rocks, you just won't be able to add the final rock till the weekly reset.

Other than that rock collection and adding is unaffected by the week limit

Ok thanks

Go in with a mage setup. Use blood spells with a fire cape or kal equipped to deal with glacors, ice strykes, and muspah correctly.

Take darklight, melee dreadnips, and steel titan + scrolls to deal with tormented demons.

In addition to regular prayer pots and overloads, take an antifire, weapon poison, and aggression potion. If you are really struggling to reach wave 20, take 10-15 summoning flasks and just spam titan specs the entire way through.

These are just recommendations for someone who either isn't near maxed or is having problems with getting wave 20. Once you do it once or twice you'll be able to get wave 20+ every attempt as long as you're using t85 or 90 gear.

Thanks user, I need at least wave 15 for elf task

Thanks for talking me into spooder guys.

>5:56

I know you're thanking us, but jesus christ kys shitter. We don't want thanks from garbo players.

How often does Jagex let Vic do the bxp swap? Wasn't it around this time last year?

Good job!