/mhg/ - Monster Hunter

>News
Athena's ASS for MHXX: mediafire.com/?4o1idj7mmtn85#9hl2c2zbp7h1l
Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2.1: my.mixtape.moe/bkbjso.png
English Patch Project: gbatemp.net/threads/465296/
Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r5hzVXwBeJw&spfreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=EHMVzg1dA-w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>He isn't a solo hunter

>He needs voice chat to hunt

L i t e r a l l y E Z °¬°

Solo hunter masterrace.

It's good to have master in race, but not filename, user!

I want to give Charlotte a big, wet, deep adult kiss!

got trough village, tryna get a decent armor for guild
anyone of y'all wanna help my hr3 ass get a nix lagombi or imperatrix rath set?

room is 63-5140-8132-0272

>not impeRATHrix

>HR999 in MHXX
what

>not soloing the entire game
you MIGHT get a pass for lao, but unless you do this you're 100% shitter

Why does the frontier version of the sanctuary look so drab and shitty

It's not 3DS graphics anymore

100%?

100%

100% Affinity!

I hereby declare this thread shitpost free!

Too late for that.

Don't you mean 100% blacklist?
Can't be a true solo hunter until everyone is blacklisted.

Or you blacklist yourself from existence.

All shitposting aside, when we didn't have online, these threads used to be comfier, because everyone shared stories and had a good time. All we have nowadays is eceleb drama, cults of personality and discordshitters. Naturally, this happens because people gangbang monsters with 4 people, removing any semblance of challenge. "Today I grinded X monster a dozen times with 3 other dudes" makes for a pretty shit story.

You're just begging for grandpa shitposters to come out of the wood work.

What Akantor weapons are worth making in FU besides GS? Clearly not DS, but that gunlance looks like it could be nice.

Grand Divine Ire with or w/o the mask?

Wait a minute

Press F to pay respects to the Obi(and the Grip too)

His parent's are dead

>GL is the worst weapon in the game meme
true in 4U/X, but finally brave style salvaged it from the wreckage

it is now the third worst weapon in the game in front of prowlers and hammer. maybe in 4 more games it'll finally beat out hunting horn and move up another 1 spot

And he found a new mom afterwards

>playing a game for social status and not for fun
alright buddy

>His
Stop playing games with me user

Okay, him(female)

>Been Purple Dragon Jade farming all day and not a single drop

Take my luck user. I've been needing hyper scales, and all I'm getting are plates and gems.

Post wallpapers!

Gee yeah, if only we couldn't play the game with each other. *sigh* Oh to go back to those golden days.

"H-Hey I use the same weapon as you" makes for a really amazing single player general.

Does Brave SnS' new backhop slash have I-Frames?

It's funny because it's the complete truth.
But then even after Tri these threads were super comfty. 3U is what brought the kids in.

How true is this?

Even the 3U crowd was cozy until 2014 though. We got a new wave of bargain hunting players once the game went on sale, and some days would just be them fighting amongst themselves. The game being multiplayer is far from the only trend that ever took a toll though. On a really high note the general is far from the worst it's ever been.

>Even the 3U crowd was cozy until 2014 though. We got a new wave of bargain hunting players once the game went on sal
That's still a big lie and people need to drop it. Early 2014 was awful, thread got invaded by spammers and shitposters that burnt out quickly but made march to may hell.

>blogposting that comes from bads, new people and literal children were comfy
sure. you can still find plenty of it elsewhere though.

Exactly, 3U came out in 2013. Not only were most days pretty mellow, the /mhg/ rooms were great. 2014 got pretty shit near the start, absolutely.

>this post
This type of shitposting was made fun of until they went back to GameFAQs.

>Rathian will never be your mom and bring you freshly killed aptonoths to cook and protect you from the rain.

Oh yeah I meant 2013.
Awful times.
2014 was fine, if anything things were recovering from the shittery at late 2013.

I disagree, but maybe we can agree good and bad threads come in waves. /mhg/ can have a good month but not a good year.

I can only agree that 3U ruined the community because of Pokemon players but like you said things aren't the worse they have been despite people doing their earnest to bring back IRCposting reborn as Discordposting.
>/mhg/ can have a good month but not a good year
Not anymore anyway.

>when rathian mom brings you tendies just like you screamed at her for

Tri was the pinacle of the online comunity
Enyone who thinks otherwais is wrong

>tribabbies
Outside of the inevitable platform wars during early Tri, everything from its times and before was the same tee bee age.

GL wasnt in 3?

I don't remember lance being that good in 3.

No, they waited for P3rd to rework and add it back together with the rest of the weapons.

Neither was DB. It was a weird game in general.

Literally the only way shitty players would stop whining about underwater. Just combo all your atacks into counters.

Custom bowguns need to come back.

>XX sold 1.3kk copies already

pretty good for a filler/4th gen milking game to be honest

It made perfect sense, with a small rooster selection it was fine to have a reduced weapon selection. On the bright side everything but bowguns were finally made viable. Custom bowguns were a mistake.

Now we only have messy bloated games.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Never understood it myself, though that might have been due to using GS/SA, neither of which change much underwater IIRC.

youtube.com/watch?v=r5hzVXwBeJw&spfreload=10

And hey, it also made every monster on land trivial.
Lance was CB tier then.

Outclassed but still hyped up because easy mode?

Murder mystery hunts when?

Ohhhhh. It's you of course. Sonypony and /v/-tier grandpa. Giving a shit what console Monster Hunter goes to is ridiculous.

>he is a discord faggot

Yeah, also cancer.
Though the CB wasn't outclassed by much during 4U, it deserves all the hate it gets, from the playerbase to the shitbag that is its concept.

Since purple got nerfed to where it's only .07 higher of a multiplier than white, am I better off swapping S+1/S+2 for C+2 on white sharpness weapons? Said white sharpness weapons are coming with Blast and various elements with raw ranging from 300-320.

Wow, you really dislike CB.

Yes, sorry for the rant.

Nobody is forcing you to play CB

I don't think I'd really call that a rant, or at least, it's not long enough to be a notable one. And I can understand the dislike, since it's just a clusterfuck of a whole bunch of things other weapons do, while also not doing them quite as well.

We know, it's still possible to dislike a weapon and its concept for legitimate reasons.

Probably depends on the weapon, the math shouldn't be hard.

Uh, sure?
Crazy guy.

What the fuck gives you felyne exchanger?

praying

are you satisfied yet?

Because I had to, plus I love doing these edits.

Whoops, forgot to take away the sweatdrop.

I admit, it got a smile out of me

Are you going to buy my game?

youtube.com/watch?v=EHMVzg1dA-w

I-I ran out of... donuts....

Go capture a Scolipede.

Finally got one! My elemental sets are done.

I hope you're having better luck, user.

Fuck Capcom and fuck Nintendo, since they're going to port baby's first JRPG instead of MHXX I'm going to pirate their games from now on.

>wanting XX
>hating on Stories
(You)x2

If you break shredclaw's skull does it revert to being a normal ceanataur?

Even if this game is so hard, it's still ridiculously easymode when you get carried by some pro with endgame gear. I'm surprised they didn't try and stop that.

>Unironically liking a literal kids game instead of a real monster hunter game

No, it is crippling but eventually it will just dig for a new skull.

Either break his claws for a long ass window to smack his face or ignore it. Unless you need mats, of course.

Yeah

if you break it in Ingle Isle it can end up losing half it's moveset. It seems like it can't get a new skull in that area if you break them both

So what are they going to add to MH5 for its gimmick? I honestly wouldn't doubt them trying to pull some open world seamless hunting bullshit

>God Eater meets Bloodborne
What could go wrong?