/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #738 - Black & Blue Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_vrocN5pJs
youtube.com/watch?v=sMzHFdCAESk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for RIP comics

2nd for best girl

I'm getting viral bulllshit dress flashbacks

>Chaos....
>Don't do it, Shadow!
>...Chaos...!
>Don't do it, Shadow!!
>...CHAOS...!!!
>DON'T DO IT, SHADOW!!!
>C H A O S ! ! !
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>Love!

SSMB please go and stay go

Yush

>tfw we're never going to see pic related get released

It hurts /sthg/.........it really does.

>>Chaos....
>>Don't do it, Shadow!
>>...Chaos...!
>>Don't do it, Shadow!!
>>...CHAOS...!!!
>>DON'T DO IT, SHADOW!!!
>>C H A O S ! ! !
>>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>Order! *universe implodes*

She doesn't even look like she belongs in the franchise.

Cuties.
Also, fast.

I updated the OP a bit, reorganized it a bit, removed some old stuff and replaced the Famitsu pictures with an article that has scans.

I also added that Time Twisted game, since an user here seemed to be involved in it. I just realized I forgot Green Hill Paradise, so hopefully next thread to add it.

Appreciated, user.
I don't think anyone ever reads the OP anyway but I do dammit

Neither does Tails, or anyone else introduced since Sonic 2.

Well you're wrong, but whatever.

Sticks totally reignited my love for bare tummies and flat chests.

You are mistaken.

And I forgot the Nintendo direct video with Classic Sonic. Fuck.

I doubt most do, but it's nice for anyone who does. Plus, I like having it neat.

I'm more torn up about the Blaze/Bunnie issue

Real talk, is there any way that Sega could collect any unpublished stuff to release as their own Lost Hedgehog Tales?

Not really.

Now thats a damn fine OP, where my shadow fags at.

I would like Sega to release their own game-oriented encyclopedia.

Precious baby!

This franchise is so inconsistent every character looks like they're from a completely different furry series.

so long sally
1992 - 2017

Give examples.

Hey, gang. I've got great news for /sthg/'s own Sonic Level:

It turns out that, in this engine, Sonic's physics are entirely contained within Sonic's character controller and can be freely edited and tweaked. This also means that Sonic will react dynamically to any geometry without the need of a specific "Physics Volume."

What does that mean for you guys? It means that any geometry will work as expected right out of the box. You make it and Sonic can run on it. Simple as that. Just make sure that the geometry is large enough for players to run on. This is 3D, after all!

>Ian will never go nuclear and release the original LHT as well as a reboot version all at once out of sheer fucking spite and apathy

>Ian will never burn all his bridges and blacklist himself from the comics industry
ftfy

>Read some of the issues before Ian yesterday.
Tell me how anyone actually bought that and how did Sega let any of that happen?

Great! Almost done with some concepts, just hold on a little longer!

Where are the fresh leaks?

Blissful ignorance, up until the Pendering.

Try the local grocery

>tfw Amy is the leader of the resistance
>Sallyfags btfo

Hold on just a bit longer and I'll have your Sonic voice ready. He's recording it today. I can get a narrator for tutorials too, if you want.

>Implying it won't be Sonic leading it
>Implying the Resistance isn't just him and Classic

IT ISN'T FAIR. I waited so long for it to happen only to get cucked in the end. Yamero!

Best Girl won't lead the Resistance. But don't be surprised if Forces ends like the Birthday Event in Runners.

Forces will end with Modern and Classic using wisps to do a QTE to beat the Death Egg robo. Then another "ENJOY YOUR FUTURE, IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT" moment.

Universe 94-97 is getting re-solicited, so don't lose hope Blaze/Bunniefags!

Alright, /sthg/, let's see those top five favorite characters, and commence to judge each other.

Eggman > Shadow > Knuckles > Sonic > Tails

>Sayonara Sally the Acorn
>youtube.com/watch?v=x_vrocN5pJs
ftfy

1) Eggman
2) Amy
3) Sonic
4) Knuckles
5) Tails

Awesome!
Outstanding!!

I can confirm that wall-runs are also perfectly smooth and functional. Next I will be testing corkscrews.

Tails > Eggman > Blaze > Shadow > Amy

Where my Tailsfags at?

Sonic > Eggman > Blaze > Knuckles > Shadow

Look, I love you, but can you not tripfag?

To be fair he's working on a big project, so I don't mind him tripfagging.

It's fine if they're actually contributing, calm your tits.

He's using a trip for its intended purpose.

Wait, who's narrator, that user or EggmanAnon?

Well, at least we can get Lost Hedgehog Tales 2 right?

Right here.

I figured it'd be helpful for others, but if it bothers enough folks then sure. I know people can get pretty booty-bothered about that 'round here, so I'll do what makes folks most comfortable.

Ian will probably give up on Sonic. His dreams returning to being just dreams. Someone give that nigga a hug.

Never played Runners, what happened?

Well. Okay then. I suppose that answers that.

Amy
Eggman
Sticks
Sonic
Knuckles

He'll probably just go to retail or something. That's what all the creators not named Hesse will do. Just find real jobs

I subscribed pretty much from beginning to end. Have to say, a lot of the dark ages after 101 is a blur to me, save for some standout issues. I know fuckall of what happened between 150 and the metal sonics, though.

I kept reading because it was something that I was reading since I was a baby, so it was just a part of my life.

>Just find real jobs
A fate worse than death.

Mighty
Sonic
Sally
Any Mecha/Metal Sonic
Lupe

He still has Jughead.

And he just posted that he's trying to do Bumblekast "full-time"

>does bumblekast every day
>has to slog through years of sonic questions
>get to the inevitable wave of "IS THE COMIC CANCELLED!?" questions
>kills himself

What's the best site to download all the comics? might as well since archie is dead now

The decline in quality was actually very gradual. There is no single issue that people can point to as the concrete start of where it all went to shit, it just got steadily worse and worse, so if you're a comic fan only reading month-to-month as it comes out, you don't notice it until you just get bored and stop without really realizing why.

Eggman, Sonic, Metal Sonic, Vector, Rouge

Yeah you're fine don't worry about it

You didn't specify if you wanted a cinematic narrator like the original GHP or an Eggman narrator like we juggled last thread. Or if you want a narrator at all.

I think it depends on the level theme desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=sMzHFdCAESk

24:32 onwards

Use the Mega link in the pastebin. Only missing a few recent issues.

>recent issues
>sonic

Good joke.

Tails is underrated af. Didn't he have a game focused around him way back in the day? I need to play it.

>Mighty
my nigga

Knuckles > Mighty > Sonic > Sticks > Shadow
> Honey

He had two, both 8-bit Game Gear games. Tails Adventure is the decent one, Skypatrol is pretty mediocre.

>how anyone actually bought that and how did Sega let any of that happen?

Kids are dumb and Sega didn't give a shit.

The easiest thing of all would be to not have narration at all and just have a good old fashioned manual. I dunno. It could also work for Sonic himself to narrate his own tutorial. That's not unheard of.

Mighty's just based as fuck. Would main him in a fighting game.

how come every black guy on youtube uses their Mii for everything

Eggman
Sonic
Snively
Kukku
Tekno

Shadow>Amy>Eggman>Sonic>Knuckles

Goodness what an ample bosom!

I would point to issue #71 is where it starts turning to shit. Sonic Adventure made Penders go insane. The SA1 adaptation is officially where the book goes full retard.

That guy is very obnoxious.

I think Eggman user deserves some kind of credit in this if I'm going to have one.

Blaze > Tails > Nicole > Omega > Shadow

Let's hear the voices and see where it takes us. Things are still very much up in the air, so let's see where things land. Cool?

Metal Sonic > Sonic > Eggman > Shard > Blaze

Atlus Sonic RPG confirmed?

Flat washboard

Eggman user is the king of my heart.

So the secret to his speed was in his socks the whole time?

What's the worst ship?

No

TailsXCream. By far.

It just makes me uncomfortable.