/dsg/ - Demons'/Dark Souls General

Hornet edition
One-shot riposted: >Patch 1.13
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

xth for the bloodborne influence fucking up 3

First for MAGIC

Mummy set in DaS3 when?

More like Bamco fucking up Souls games, aka business as usual.

Is the Onislayer Greatbow worthwhile for fucking with hosts on a build that lacks the Str for Millwood's?

I want to break ciaran's poise with my thrusting attacks if you know what I mean ;)

makin a pyro
what should be my weapon of choice early playthrough and how should i allocate my stats
be gentle

If it ain't Millwood then it's not worth it for a strength build.

Dragonscale Armor + Old Sage's Blindfold gives you a sort of mummified look.

What about for a Dex build?

Cross posting from previous thread:

I pulled the plug on a guy in DeS.

He invaded two more times to the same result.

He sent me rude messages, and I explained how I was just trying to farm souls undisturbed.

The messages continued until I finally told him I would fight him the next time he invaded.

It was a complete rape, the likes of which had never before or since been seen. He was utterly destroyed.

I sent him a message simply asking,"Happy now?" No response ever came, and I never saw that person login ever again.

So just remember, just because the forest ranger is telling you to keep out of the woods doesn't mean they are trying to keep all the bear hugs for themselves.

what level do you have to be to get summoned for the spears?
Im 100 and nothing

RAW ASS for your early weapon always

I love ladders.

>the moaning shield doesn't even moan
what the fuck?

Yorshka Yorkshire is my one and only!
My captain to the end! I'll make her proud!

Raw Broadsword.

When you get to Cleansing Chapel you can head to Ariandel and make a beeline to Vilhelm to get the Onyx Blade.

From there just do as you please until you get the Profaned Coal and get the ability to Chaos/Dark infuse weapons. Chaos will serve you better in PvE while Dark for PvP. Keep the Raw Broadsword for Midir however.

Oh, I misread your post. Yeah I dunno about Dex builds. Didn't think any bow was worth anyone's time unless it was Millwood or Lightning Arrow.

>undead settlement

God I hate that place. The enemies, the level design, the aesthetic, everything is so bland. Whenever I start a new toon I always get burned out there.

What's your least favourite zone /dsg/?

beeline to vilhelm at chapel? wont i be like level 30 by then and it would be hard as fuck?

What are the body sliders for dragon form to look the least like a goatman made of old licorice?
Do I just turn the limbs all the way up or what?

just summon some guys and gank him

The pathway to Vilhelm and navigating Ariandel in general is really easy if you just run through everything. Just head to the settlement since you'll avoid the wolfpack by heading to the second bonfire mostly, then just sprint through the Settlement. The Corvian Knights are the only worry there and you only have to run past two of them guaranteed, both of which don't run for you enough if you do.

what does this mean?

Anyone on ps4 need help with anything reasonable?

All of Farron. The whole "you must press three switches to advance" was just icing on the shit cake.

I love blues.

I get summons every 3 to 5 mins at sl 80 on ps4

In an ideal world

>PvP isn't P2P
>Demon's Souls got its archstone
>Dark Souls gets back its cut content, bed of chaos finally uses its wings, you can get a four kings sword

So what keeps two players in co-op from forming a phalanx with spears and shields?

Fellow reds

why aren't you doing a no estus run like me?

related note, the heal from the clerics chime is ABSURD value for money
>requires 14 faith
>heals hundreds of hp
>costs nearly no fp

>those fucking rape goats with hyper armor on their jumps

The worst to be honest. Kind of remind me of brainsuckers from Bloodborne but atleast brainsuckers are funny.

Is SL60 a good level for constant dorkmoon activity? I need that dorkmoon blade but I don't wanna CE/farm k***hts

you toggled some kind of auto-thing on. look up a control guide and then just press the key you activated it with again to get rid of it.

>too stupid to just play offline

Sure Lucy, that definitely happened.

Und*** Settlement is reasonable, and Farron Keep becomes a cakewalk with a Blessed item and/or SPR.

Snowfield and Snowy Mountain Pass can go fuck themselves though. Same for Forest of Fallen Giants, Iron Keep and Undead Crypt.

sounds rough fambourghini but will do. plan on making the character tomorrow.

even though raw broadsword sounds boring as fuck ill manage

should i shoot for 20/20 intfaith soon or just pump health for early game?

oh okay
I just died and it disappeared anyway

Smouldering Lake is AIDS, I always feel the need to grab all the Estus and Bone Shards down there + whatever upgrade materials I need. It just never changes from character to character

Yeah Gentle Prayer is great.

Dead angling invaders

DeS didn't have an offline mode

Undead settlement is best area.

No. Better start the genocide.

I got decent activity at SL50+6, but still got half my Proofs from the Silver K***hts.

Still only one summon so far at SL30+4, even though I should be summoned down to SL14+2. Guess there's a large amount of Blueberries in that bracket.

Pump Vigor up to 27 then level your INT/FAI.

Your roadmap for pyromancies should be to kill Abyss Watchers as soon as possible to get to Smouldering Lake. There get the Witch Ring, Izalith and Quelana tomes and give the Izalith tome to Cornyx. That will unlock Great Chaos Fireball, your main PvE nuke. If you want to kill Demon King for Vestiges use your Raw Broadsword or use Black Serpent from Wolnir's Soul since he's weak to dark.

>Und***
what? is "ead" really censored?

I really hate how Cathedral feels like just a roadblock to stop me from running straight to Irithyll. The level has a lot of things I just don't think were that well thought out. I really like the idea of the Cathedral area and it's mostly nice, but the pools of giant shit + fatrolling, how open the main area inside is, and the stale run of having to open all the shortcuts while also doing Seigward's questline, hold it back. But I love the Deacons.

Smouldering Lake deserves mention for being just another boring detour that just encourages running through the area. Areas like these curb my enthusiasm for going through the game for new characters.

Eat a dick.

No, though 60 isn't bad. The secret is there actually isn't a good level for dorkmoon activity, it's never consistent.

>30:1 fphp ratio

What's a good quality pyromancer? That stays under 120 ik I'll have shit health but I wanna try

>Pulls the plug
>Doesn't put the plug back in

Wow, DIY offline mod.

y-you too

thanks man thats exactly the kind of direction in needed.
should i avoid end/vit until i get my attunement level up? having a low equip doesn't seem too bad to me

Am I a shitter for not bowing before fights in the arena?

Is this good for a sorcery build?
Should I wear some armor for more defense and a little poise so I don't get creamed when I pull out the Moonlight GS?

>pulls the plug
>can no longer text chat with friends during mindless grinding

Not hard to understand, kiddo.

why are the demon princes stronger than the demon king?

Stick with the hand axe, be Laurentius. It's not that bad.

Updated build roll, if you have the old one pre dlc, DELET

If you're doing PvP, then the clutch rings are never worth it. I'd replace it with RoF+3 or Prisoner's Chain. Other than that it looks decent

Avoid Vitality, you'll only want to raise that through Prisoner's Chain. Definitely get END up to 20 at least because spellcasting in general costs a lot of stamina to use per cast and you don't want to be left without a roll option in late game. For your attunement you ideally want about 18-24 depending on the direction of your build.

No. First they want you to bow, then they want you to let them cast 4 buffs in a row, and then they don't want you to projected heal mid fight, and patches squat on their corpse.

>Invading at all soul levels.
>Always get blueberries out the ass.

>Attempt to blueberry myself at any SL.
>Not more than one summon every half hour on a fast day.

This is why "defend area from intruders" covenants are always the best covenants.

>the white skin tight tank top when your chest slot if empty is the hottest shit
>you take a noticeable defense point penalty in addition to gaining no absorption from not wearing armor

Anybody fancy helping me out on Midir? Inner ringed city bonfire, PC, pass dsg

god help me

May be inspiration for a new build if I get something cool, but I probably won't use it. Already have a character I'm enjoying playing atm

>Launch DeS with the plug pulled
>Start in offline mode
>Plug it back in

With that out of the way
>Lucy having friends

Sure Lucy, that definitely happened.

I am cumming.

ok cool thanks again. i haven't really played through the whole game since around launch so i pretty much forgot the rhythm for early-mid game

Sure, coming now user.

what are some low stats FTH weapons to use?
preferably buffable.

Sunlight Straight Sword seems GOAT for this & Saint Bident is a spear for FTH builds that you can use with basic Knight build. Thought of using the Mace for Paladin meme feeling.

Anything else?

This is pretty dumb since the class you end up with is also tied to what is in your left hand.
For example if you roll a sorcerer, you will have to use either a hammer or greatshield in your offhand.
Kinda dumb

Raw Dragonslayer's Axe

It was what popped my PvP cherry and started me down the road to PvP godhood.

Ringed inner wall*

My bad

>toon
stop that. I know it's bait but just fucking stop

helpful reminder; when dealing with sludge and swamp, put on a weapon with quickstep and mash it to zip through.

For pyros the early game will be your biggest challenge until Midir. Once you get the spell tomes from Smouldering Lake the rest of the game becomes a breeze since bosses melt to the best pyros. Other good ones you should get are Black Flame from Karla once you give her the Carthus tome and Flame Fan and Seething Chaos from DLC2.

is it a good strat to use a simple shield offhand for pyros when not casting and using a weapon?
pve mostly

it doent hurt, the FP regen is nice but unless you're going AFK it really doesnt make a huge difference

is the filiamore chime worth using?

By the time you can simple infuse, it won't matter.

I like the crits give FP ring from Cathedral early on.

Unlike other chimes the WA doesn't go away when you stash it. But as a catalyst it's not that great.

Rose of Ariandel :)

If you're playing with friends its amazing. Otherwise, the passive HP regen from the WA works even when you put the chime away which can be hel

Infusing a shield compromises its defenses. Use the infusion on a Broken Straight Sword or something instead, much less weight and can be easily swapped in and out with a purpose-built shield.

In DaS3?
>catacombs of carthus
>Smoldering Lake
>crucifixion Woods
>Road of sacrifices
>farron keep
>the dungeon
>profaned capitol
>anor londo
>all of Ariandel

>invade
>it's a 4v1
>get a second invader to help me
>hosts dies from PvE
>get a sunlight medal
Fucking jolly co-operation LOL

Where the fuck do I get the equivalent of Bloodbornes Hand Lantern in Dark Souls 3? Im sick of walking into dark buildings and getting bumrushed by niggers

>use a simple shield offhand
Not really, it is a waste of time mostly. I prefer a melee weapon in the main hand and a flame in the off hand.

Is this thing any good? I upgraded one to +8 and infused it with poison, I get 160 AR but it seems to poison people pretty fast and the quickstep WA is nice too

having a simple offhand isn't as good as it used to be, and the reason it was good in the first place was because you could use it to spam WAs (which was nerfed).

like said, you can do it but it's not a game-changer.

Making a Simon Belmont build. Recommendations for what armour to use?

Uh host, the elevator seems to have glitched me out of the bounds of space and time. Sign is back down.

Is pulling 4 points into att just to slot snap freeze be a complete waste at 40 int?

Just had invader come through and just stand in the cast with no frost proc

>oh cool a boss fight
>it's just me chasing a player around the room for 10 minutes
What the fuck was that? He even let me stand around and switch my items and weapons.

isn't midir practically end game? i just managed to beat him on my sl80 character. cant imagine how its going to be at around the same level as a pyro

figured. i remember quickswapping a blessed shield and simple shield and it would tick with each swap, guess they removed that too.

probably better off using mana estus instead, first time i'm going to make a caster so its pretty foreign

but yeah i'm willing to do the game with more challenge now. mostly want to just because fire fades come out and like to play with newcomers

i accidentally the ladders, gonna resummon

I preferred the hide tube top in DS1.

He is but he's the only real challenge left for pyros, a Raw weapon and Boulder Heave work well on him.