/mmog/ - MMO General

THIKK Goddesses edition:

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here!

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like ARK, and Dark and Light.

Card games like Elder Scrolls Legends, Krosmaga, Duelyst and Faeria are also welcome to discuss here.

We have a game of the week that we all try to play together! This week we have: Play NovaRO with ME~!

We currently have a guild on Wakfu (Remington) and Archeage (Reckoning) ask for an invitation on this general! NovaRO may be starting one if it survives a week in our hearts.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu
>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread: graveyard tags: mabinogi, wakfu, dfo, maplestory, ragnarok, vindictus, lodoss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RVjLv_kkFSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xpEXvuNn-fM
youtu.be/SeDglBoPVgo?t=177
youtube.com/watch?v=e3qyk5a92bI
youtube.com/watch?v=C1gjo40lCcI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nova RO guild: Nice Meme
Hometown: Hugel (temporary)

Is kinda sad that Lodoss barely lasted what, 2 days? 3 days? The universe is gorgeous. I'm still going to recommend everyone to see the first original series. Is so charming and comfy.

I remember going to steparu on youtube every week looking for shiny new games on the horizon. There were tons of them, like 7 or 10. Now... is only 2 or 3 games max, repeating them over and over and over. What happened? Is client sided MMO's truly ded on Korea?

Archeage players, is pantsu still the #1 guild on the server or did they fuck off?

Also who replaced baka and sayonara as the top east guilds?

Gooks and chinks are into mobile gaming nowadays

This.

>Ragnarok Mobile
>Lineage Mobile
>Lineage 2 Mobile
>FFXI Mobile
>Aura Kingdom Mobile
>Elsword Mobile
>Dragon Nest Mobile
>etc
>Pangya Mobile (Never Ever)

Where can I farm Wind of Verdure, Crystal Blue, etc.? I'm a newfag Sorc and I found 3 of the latter while leveling but fuck if I know where.

Remember 10 years when everyone laughed at mobile gaming?

Stop samefagging and stop creating threads early so you can get your CARD GAME in the OP you retarded, mentally ill nigger. I hope your family and everyone you love fucken dies.

From Yuno, go South then East to farm Sleeper for Great Nature. Use Analysis to break it into Green Live.
From that same map, go South to farm Grand Peco for Wind of Verdure.
Use Warper to go to Izlude Wreckage, go to the bottom right room to farm Black Mushroom for Crystal Blue and Red Mushroom for Red Blood.

I don't get it man. Mobile games are still serious piles of shit that all control like ass.

I understand stuff like Angry Bird or whatever being popular because it's something for normalfags to do on the train, but why all the MMOs and stuff? It's not like they'll play good.

Thanks!

This is the Current Nova RO guild roster if anyone is curious. We could use heal sluts, but any class/level is welcome for now!

tell me about the pvp in this game

>figured it'd be dumb to make a healer because priests are so cool and everyone wants to be one

you get super gear then stack up into a tight ball then listen to one angry peenoise yell until you win

I NEED A FUCKING MMO TO PLAY THAT WONT MAKE ME FEEL EMPTY INSIDE

I'm still triggered over Nova RO not having the new goddamn cat skills yet and they've been on kRO for a year+ now.

Summoner is literally half of a class.

Just get friends

>just win the lottery

Make a human character and join us!

You can't escape the RNG

But muh kitty : <

(I just got him geared to the teeth and hitting in the hundo Ks too)

I'll think about it.

according to fatefags,
semi-interactive waifus

You can join with any character desu

>stack up into a tight ball
what if they aoe you?

>Land Protector
>Shields an area from all area spells. Any skills that target the ground do not deal damage or do their effect. Skills such as Storm Gust, Fire Wall, etc. will do nothing.
Also removes any area spells already placed in the area. Requires 1 Yellow Gemstone and 1 Blue Gemstone to use.

>add skills to your game that encourage mindless zerging

why do developers do this?

People who mindlessly zerg are punished, you see the weeb emblem guild? That was an /rog/ guild trying to take a castle. Notice how fast they die since they were unorganized and didn't

>STACK IN THE LP FUCKING SHIT

youtube.com/watch?v=RVjLv_kkFSQ

I just can't do it. I can't play Renewal. I don't want to play gramps instances over and over.

ok

You only have to do each gramps like 3 to 4 times before you reach 175 anyway. As long as you don't do a bunch of alts that you just have to get to cap, it shouldn't be too bad.

>It will never be like this again ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=xpEXvuNn-fM

ToS has had? a stat called AoE attack ratio. You could have it on equipment and AoE skills would have innate ratios so let's say a skill would hit 4 targets by default and if you had +2 AoE Attack Ratio then you could hit 6 targets. IIRC some monsters also had defense against it but I don't know how exactly it works.

Skills like that are just broken, archeage has a skill called wings that makes an area around you immune to magic damage (read: 95% of aoe attacks) and the zvz meta is teleporting on top of the enemy zerg and spamming aoe while one dude channels that shit.

Not to mention all of the boss fights we cheesed with a wings rotations to avoid all the mechanics of the fight.

Albion online deals with large fights the best, the more people you hit in an aoe the more damage/longer CC it gets to discourage zerging. youtu.be/SeDglBoPVgo?t=177

>when the op makes up half the posts in a thread

Thing is, Land Protector blocks only ground-targeted skills, not all AoE skills.
Player-targeted or caster-centered AoE skills such as Dragon's Breath by Rune Knight, Bowling Bash from Lord Knight and myriads other AoE can go through Land Protector especially the ones by 3rd jobs. It's not a be-all end-all protecting skill and it's only useful to block the absolutely bullshit tier AoE magic casted by the likes of Warlock or High Wizard.

Everyone moved to belvast.

IS Oboro a fun job?

pantsu left i believe and baka is still one of the top guilds. hokage is up there as well

lad i know baka is dead because i was in baka

and pantsu is imgay/transformars/theentire fucking west and whatever they might have name changed to now

yes

i've seen baka around in their pretty good boat in lusca but i dont know if they are actually "alive"
havent been playing long enough to know

thats not actually the baka guild. Some of our memebers stayed behind and they still fly our flags on their boats. Most of the refugees joined kys if that guild is still alive.

Alright, downloading.

post MMO ban messages

>don't keyweight for more than 20 minutes on livestream
I don't get the message here. Don't stream? Don't keyweight? Keyweight but don't stream? No matter what the fucking message is, it still boggles the fuck out of me.

I guess dude was livestreaming that he had a keyweight going and someone reported it lol

You retarded or something? The message is pretty fucking clear.
Don't keyweight for 20+ minutes. So do it for less, like 10 then play a bit and do it again.
And if you are going to do it don't stream it.

He fell asleep while attacking on stream, and thus a GM banned that user for keyweighting.

>keyweighting
>wrong at all
>streaming yourself doing absolutely nothing wrong
>wrong at all
Nigger, this is like banning people for being a dick. The only basis is morality.

i see that's interesting, are you considering playing again?

also i'd appreciate any tips you can give

Their server, their rules.

IP bans is shit but companies still do them.

depending on your faction, if you dont have a 24x or more house in at least one of the following you should just uninstall now.

All factions:
- Sandeep Mermaids Tear
- Hellswamp
- Cinderstone coast

East:
- Rookborne next to meme mountain
- rokhala mountains (requires a coastal house in austrailia or mahadevi also)
-Sunbite Wilds coast
- Hasla (need a silent forest house)

West:
- Kakarsse
- Aihnmar
idk i didnt play west

if your not in a guild that can bring at least 40 dudes to a fight then give up on being relevant

If your not willing to spend at least $100 a month give up on being relevant (fred flinstone was spending 10k a month for #1 gearscore)

I recommend you quit, archeage is a good concept ruined by shit tier devs and a shit tier publisher who want to suck as much whale bucks out of you as possible

>archeage is a good concept ruined by shit tier devs and a shit tier publisher who want to suck as much whale bucks out of you as possible

I agree with you. I really enjoy the game and its probably the MMO I have enjoyed the most so far but I feel like I can't really git gud without spending massive amounts of time or money. So I gave up and decided to just have fun and quit the day I start getting sick of it.
I appreciate the advice though, probably going to invest in getting some land in Mermaid's tear because it's pretty.

Since DFOG is dead, how do I get my vit/spr up as a Saint?

I'm 1700 in town with no buffs, have 9 VoS, a good cross, and thats it.

How the hell do I get 2.5k vit/spr?

sandeep tradehouses in mermaids are top tier money with low risk

forgot to mention that you should have at least 2 alts for labor slaves and you should have a merch

I bought my merch for 3k in the first month of fresh start so its probably 1k or less by now which is peanuts compared to the profits of mermaids tear.

>want to play a new mmo
>cant stop comparing every mmo to archeage
It had it all, everything I ever wanted, and then they fucked it all up and I dont ever want to touch it. Sucks too, I still have fond memories of all the fun had on the illegal farm raids and shitposting trial chat.

Why don't you fags just play the private Russian server?
It even has a functional English localization.

I remember back when Renewal was just released clown/wanderer had some skill that disabled using skills in an area. That was bullshit on a whole 'notha level in gw scenario.

You enter a portal, there's a duo playing on the other side so you cant use any skills, and a buncha warlocks in the distance are precasting on you.
You cant kill the duo, you cant get to the warlocks to kill them.
How the fuck do you even break that?

I think they redisigned that skill in one of the rebalance patches, because I'm browing through the skill calcs and not seeing it.

Ping, I tried it before, I really wanted it to happen but it's really unplayable.

>renewal was just released
You're god damned fucking right back when it was new that everything was absolutely OP.
Guillotine Cross had a skill that outright killed an enemy if it has less than 20% HP. Good thing they threw that out of the window after a short while.

tfw there aren't any land routes left that make money compared to cost of fatigue as f2p

definitely cant agree, once you get to endgame you will understand how broken this game is.

1v1: If your not daggerspell or darkrunner uninstall
zvz: If your not skullknight or rev uninstall
Naval: boarding the enemy ship with more guys is better in every way than fighting with cannons

Endgame gear is pure RNG, not even talking about enchanting. When you craft a piece of gear there is a 1/7 chance it will be upgradable to the next tier, everything else is trash. Gear also needs to be enchanted to divine minimum to be viable, better get your anus ready for when it all breaks.

World boss contesting is a shitfest, if you contest most of the time neither side will get the boss, meaning both of you wasted at least an hour for nothing.

In the end I will play archeage 4.0 and im going to use my knowledge gained from 3.0 to rmt as hard as possible.

Are you guys hyped for The Secret World Legends?

And Dragonbreath used to oneshot anyone who wasnt either bis geared or a fellow knight with 30k hp.

>30k hp

that's pathetically low for pvp by renewal standards

First you get crystallized by sorc, then masqueraded by chaser, then killed by RK with tao or cat with fbh.
Well that was woe, in bg it's usually masquerade - cuck strike.

Archeage is the definition of whale bait

youtube.com/watch?v=e3qyk5a92bI
youtube.com/watch?v=C1gjo40lCcI

make no mistake, if you dont spend $$$ you are just content for the whales

I played in a server with buggy implementation of Stormblast. Basically if an RK gets near you or you group, you die, either together with Stormblast or get pinpointed with Crush Strike.

Sorry, I dont remember the exact numbers.
Should've written "shitload" instead. :3

he streamed the game playing itself, bannable offense in any game that doesn't have built in botting

RO is literally the shittier version of Trickster.

btw elliniafags drop ur ign im lonely

Lolipon
103 Priest

iRO /rog/ was the best /rog/, despite iRO being turds

Go to Klonter and amp you poor boy.

I'm a little upset about it, but excited at the same time. All of the time I put into my character feels almost like a waste. But new content, more players, and better visuals isn't a bad trade. I'm hoping for something amazing.

oldschoolRO was better

>nobody selling brocca
>nobody selling pile bunker p for near 20m
>someone selling the slotted cast delay pile bunker for 19.5m

Should I buy the slotted pile bunker? I don't have a white knight card to stick in it so I don't know how its damage compares to a pile bunker p.

I really miss having a pile bunker too.

jRO was even better, because it had a barrier for retards and attentionwhores alike

Buy it. You don't need the card now and besides there's a card remover somewhere.

>I don't know how its damage compares to a pile bunker p
70 less atk at +4?

I only have enough funds for one pile bunker. I don't want to miss a possible sale of the P or a brocca while I gather more funds for another pile bunker. Please understand my dilemma.

I could slot in a skel archer card for 10% more damage but I'm not sure that will outdo 70 atk.

Stop being a poorfag then.

k

I want to play MapleStory again but reboob sucks because it fucking lags. So instead I'm looking at private servers.

Is there a server info on ElliniaMS somewhere? Their website sucks and has nothing on it.

Character not found.

did you actually believe people play your shit server?
lmao

savage

5x exp/2x drop/1x meso

nigga swerve

>5x exp/2x drop/1x meso
I actually want more information than that.
Like what else does it have compared to the official server? Are there custom quests? Or maybe changes to skills? New bosses?
Shit like that.
And how about the cash shop? Is it the same as official one?

I have never played GMS after Big Bang so my answers will be useless. There are tons of features on the server that you have to find out yourself. NX Cash is dropped by mobs so it's not p2w unless you want nice, big chairs.

I never played MS after BB too that's why I'm asking. Thanks anyways.
>NX Cash is dropped by mobs so it's not p2w unless you want nice, big chairs.
Interesting, I might try it out after I get home from work.

Any good non P2W mmorpgs with an active playerbase, world pvp and an actual storyline?

Or was WoW the perfect mmorpg and no other will satiafy me ever again?

Satisfy* my bad, and please no ESO because that shit is boring as hell.

Just stay in your containment. You have been defiled by it, and even if you had the worlds best game in front of you, you wouldn't be satisfied by it.

>wow
>world pvp

even more meaningless than random bgs

Add Chyi if you want some company. :^)

Why did Black Desert have to be so shit? I just wanted to be a murder hobo that sometimes does mundane things.