New York vs London

Which city should deserve to be called "capital of the world"?
I know there are bigger cities but these two cities are the most iconic and powerful. There was a time when Rome and Thebes were considered the capitals of the world.

mater roma is still capital of the world

Capital of world religion maybe. And yeah I realize that the Vatican is considered a separate state.

Is that even a question?
London is below Paris when judging the "most iconic" city of Europe alone, so they're certainly not number one on world stage

NYC wins in a landslide

NYC. Especially now that London is Pakistan.

Jerusalem.

London is the financial center of Europe

It was before Brexit, but it still is far from the most iconic city in Europe
Rome and Paris are

There is no city in the world like New York. All others feel like villages compared to it.

Probably Shanghai now

If not that, definitely New York.

There doesn't need to be a world capital

Prague.

>Headquarters of the United Nations

New-York would be a strong pick, considering it is an incredibly developed city.
But if that's the criteria Tokyo and Hong-Kong are right up there as well. And personally I think Hong-Kong or Tokyo would take the crown.

The glorious Holy city of Istanbul, where House Osman has ruled for hundreds of years and any christian corruption of the holy landmarks have been removed thanks to islamic blessings.

>this

London is the financial capital
Paris the cultural capital
D.C. the military capital
Brussels the political capital

Rome/Mecca the religous capital

New York. London hasn't been the capital of the world for 70 years.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Technically it still is, Brexit hasn't happened yet.

Helsinki the meme capital

>It was before Brexit

And still is.

Sure it does. And it should be Singapore.

Well now we're not sinking money into the EU for no fucking reason the economy can only improve.

They were both capitals in their time. But every sensible and educated man knows Delhi is the new capital of the world.

I agree. We should designate Delhi as world capital

How about New London?

Could you please explain your sensible and educated position?

Wrong. Every sensible and educated man knows Oklahoma City is the new capital of the world.

>But every sensible and educated man knows Delhi is the poo capital of the world.

ftfy