/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Death to Hunters Edition

NIGHTMARE SLAIN>A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Reminder not to reply to tripfags.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ohMasI4uU-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

League.

Someone inform me on the Church Pick, whats great about it and how should i use it

Ahh...

U wer at muh sid al alung :DDD

Hand it over.
That thing, your Bloodborne™.

Pure ARC or STR/ARC?

>Kosmfags

I WILL MAKE CONTACT WITH THE DOLL

>when politics and bloodborne collide

youtube.com/watch?v=ohMasI4uU-0

Both

It's serrated despite being silky smooth.
It's got a decent moveset as well.

>Serrated in both forms
>Tricked moveset mostly does thrust damage
>Good reach
Basically it lets you stomp PvE comfortably whether beast or kin. Doubles up as an alright PvP weapon too. It also does righteous damage too if anyone ever gave a shit about that. As far as building a character around it goes, its skill leaning but throwing an abyssal on it lets strength or arc get good use from it too.

What about the L2? Is its only redeeming quality that its fast?

My guiding moonlide :DDD
*mmhmmhmmmh*

She gets a lot of videos and I think she's legit mentally ill, quite far beyond the extent that any political extreme would tolerate. She's a schizo who just happened to latch onto the radical progressive left, like Dave Sim latched on to meninism and a syncretic Abrahamic faith of his own devising.

>make a 50 Arc build
>farm all kinds of gems
>save scum
Now you have a template for every Arc build you want.

It's serrated in both modes, mostly thrust, fast swings with long reach and buffable so it's one of the best utility wepons in the game to kill anything very fast.

>Serrated
Ah hell yeah, time to use something that isnt a saw spear on beasts

Leaning more towards 25/50 str/arc because muh guydig moonlide, and for the simple fact that nourishing gems are easier to farm. Part of me wants to go absolute madman with a 99 arc after seeing a webm last thread

If you're a strength character, get Whirligig Saw.

Lads

I have 50STR and my Kirkhammer currently deals 210 + 490 damage

What can I expect as the absolute max out of this beast of a hammer once I've farmed like a madman?

And skill has the whip.

Even tough I haven't done a 25/50 Arc build yet I think both are very fun to use given my experience with the HMLS, Wheel, Boom and Tony on my STR character. Being a 10 VIT cauliflower isn't so bad because with the right damage type and a bit of dodging everything will melt before getting to you.

SPLIT weapons are not BAD if you think POSITIVELY
instead of being unbuffable think that they're buffed ALL the time!!!!!!!!

But every weapon in Bloodborne is good except Fist of Gratia

Okay now you're just being a cunt mate.

I finished her off with Simon's Bow in the end.

or you could get some lads and BSE her to death

>can't even use chalice dungeon search without ps+
i fucking hate this service so much
at least in nioh it's possible to fight revenants without it

my dog is like 14 years old and when i wake her up her eyes are in exactly the same position and elevation as ludwig's dude

>That one jap webm where 99Str fist dealt 84 damage

Reminder not to reply to tripfags.
By doing this you will improve the quality of the thread so please colaborate.

It's pretty cancerous, but honestly I bought 1 year subscription card as a part of a present to myself on my birthday and it kinda hurts less that way.

How I am I being a cunt? You know I didn't make the webm specifically for you, right? I made it quite awhile ago as part of these webms to help people (in general) with things I saw people struggling with in general.

You're constant shit posting is the only thing lowering the quality of the thread. If you don't wish to reply to me then simply ignore me instead of shitting up the thread.

I've heard stories about it but still upgraded that shit yesterday to +10 and was pretty disappointed.
I guess I'm gonna keep it as a secondary side arm for when I run out of bullets for my wreckafooler.

what the fuck they were thinking while designing this thing
it's not even a fun gimmicky goofy thing like preacher's arm from TRC, it's a straight garbage

I guess it's meant to be a fast way to respond to overly agressive large enemies that are on top of you, a means to stagger and catch your breath.
I think it should've had hyperarmour though in that case.
Also can it parry? I remember there being some video where a guy puts Logarius in a riposte animation with the fist, but I'm not sure if it's a result of actually parrying him or just staggering the fuck out of him.

It is supposed to be for quick interrupts, not damage.

No one has been able to figure out how to parry with it. Even the guy that riposted Logy wasn't able to recreate it, so it was probably just a fluke.

Okay, I got 2 levels left in my BLT build before 98

Where should I put my last points in?
>VIT 26
>END 20
>STR 10
>SKL 25
>BLT 50
>ARC 15

>What can I expect as the absolute max out of this beast of a hammer once I've farmed like a madman?
If you forego the sword, I believe Blunt gems top out at 32.6 +15.

Theoretically speaking, at 50/50 with a full suite of 32.6 +15s, you're looking at a little more than 1K AR.

Just start over. It is beyond saving.

Only issue is the low VIT, so bump that up. I'd have brought it to at least 40 before ever touching END

Start over, it's beyond saving.

>20 End

NICE

Why is investing in END a meme? Thought the focus on this game now is evasion and quick attacks.

Hey if you're really good at evading, go for it. Everyone else tends to level everything else first then dump the leftover levels into END

Well I've already gone for it so it's too late. I could probably just go full 100 BL with the last points into 30 VIT but some autist will probably sperg out if I do.

Because 15 to 20 and one stamina rune is all you need. It's all you need because all actions use very little stamina and stamina regens lightning quick.

Recharge is fast and stam usage on almost every weapon and dodging is very low.

Webm related is nine (9) End.

Stamina regen is very fast so unless you're a spammer 15 END is the max you'll need for most builds that aren't stamina monsters.

Go for 28 VIT. Maybe you'll become a i-frame Great One like Buscemi.

>but some autist will probably sperg out if I do
Only matters if you're an autist and being slightly overleveled bothers you

>I could probably just go full 100 BL
>wants to be a shitter and use chikage but also had to have 25skl for muh vicerals
>gonna overlevel to comp for his hp
pottery

Just go to 117 if you are going to overlevel anyway. Get arc to 18 then dump the rest in Vit.

>the only good advice lucifer can give is on how to be as big a shitter as possible

why am i not surprised?

2nd build m8

I've never truely done any DEX builds before and I thought I might try BLT out. I've got no idea what I'm doing. I'm going off the advice of you guys.

I give advice on how to be the biggest try hard ever, not shitter. It's been this way since DaS1. Why would it change now.

This is how to make a proper BLT build.

Don't reply you tard

If you're going to main Chikagay, leveling Skl was basically a mistake, especially if you're going to PvP.

If you're not going to PvP, then don't even worry about it, and you might as well get your Vit to at least 41.

you can go 40/15/11/25/50/07 and still be level 98 if you want 25 skill and 50 tinge. He fucked up by trying to include Arc too.

>executioner garb clips through my cannon
>beast hide grab doesn't but it's not CHUNKY enough
>it also doesn't have the skirt
Where is my cape item slot FROM.

when was the last patch anyway

>guidance 3
>using bold hunter mark not replenishing your vials and bullets

there's lots of little things that need fixing

When he ate that beast out of revenge, did he eat it raw, or try to cook it?

26 vit is way to low for PvP. If you invade someone with 28 vit and all three HP+ runes then you won't last long.
20 End is too much as other anons said before. I always go 15 End + 20% stamina or less than 15 end with 2 stamina runes.
For a blt build I recommend you to stop at 14 Str (for Bloodletter) or 28 (for Church Canon and Gatling Gun).
25 Skl is too much if you use the Chikage because it's tricked form is simply better with 50 bloodtinge. But it's ok for Bowblade if you're going to use both forms.
15 arcane is an akward spot in my opinion, because you get the messengers gift, beast roar and old hunters bone which don't do that much and with 3 points more in arc you could use AoE which is really good when using 2 habd weapons like Chikage and Bloodletter. I think that you should only stop arcane at 6, 18, 25, 50 or 99.

Raw of course.
A better question is, did he eat everything in single go or did he stored it in the cold blood fridge to eat through the week?

Is he one of the best characters with the best entrances in the series?

>Valtr looking awesome here
>lowers his hand
>pedostache

lol

Okay, fuck it. Who wants to run a fresh FRC Ihyll with me?
Glyph: zjgszt3n
Pass: TheEnder
Ringing at first lamp.

>unironically playing sub 60 fps game
lmaoing at ur life kiddos

>my eyes are fucked up so can't see the difference between 60 and 20 fps
Being a beastly idiot is okay.

I assume noone's interested then. I guess I'll try later.

Holy shit twinking with this is so much fun. One shotting beckoners with L2 is absolutely halal.

Parasite?

Twinking in PvP is just a sign of being a shitter.

>>tripfagging for like 4 years now
I have been on Veeky Forums since late 03 early 04 and using the trip since 11.

For the honor of Cainhurst.

Something tells me he went all in, ate it in one sitting.

This is a legitimate question, not even trying to provoke, but why bother with the trip? Wouldn't people take you a little more seriously if you posted anonymously?

How is bolt Kirk on a str/arc build? Assuming top autism gems and 50 arc, how high an AR can I get from it?

Could i get some help with headless bloodletting beast in story chalice please? @ fog pass bbg

It would be better with fire. The best Bolt gems take advantage of double flat damage from the Abhorrent Beast. The Kirk, being slow as shit, doesn't benefit from that as much as, say, the Saif. It benefits much more from the higher AR of Fire or Arcane, although top Arcane gems are a lot harder to get.

>Bloodborne has their own Brienne of Tarth
>Simple Gratia, who punches beasts with a BRASS KNUCKLE
>put it on your fucking left hand

at least DS1 had a proper fist weapon like the Cestus, wtf was From thinking?

I think it will always be inferior to LHB.

BL43 master level reporting in.
>invade normies
>co-op in main game
>pvp without a bunch of shitty rules
>brain gems are good enough
>chalices still doable
What's your BL43 build? I have an executioner and a vileblood.

I just thought bolt would be the most fitting element for a giant hammer. Fire is for saws and pizza cutter, and arcane is covered by memelight sword and wheel. Also want to put bolt on spin axe

are bb invasions even alive at this point

Still need help?

Yeah

Good luck with that. HBLB is easy enough if you can get in, but most hosts die instantly to the first punch. It makes it hard to find help with it.

I started using it originally because anons were acting like fools and didn't want to be associated with that shit. We were trying to set up Duels and were using our gamertags in the name field and assholes started imitating use to muck shit up, so we had to use trip codes to deal with it.

I keep using it for a bunch of different reasons really. One of which is that it just makes it easier to follow conversations in these threads across multiple devices, such as when I switch from PC to Mobile.

Plus, it helps promote conversation, let's people that don't like me filter me, and I don't really care about being taken seriously by "le user eMoose iz legun" kiddies anyway.

Etc.

This. The hammer's hit box being odd, and it sharing a similar long sword form with LHB really killed the KH's potential.

Ringing and praying srrc does its job

Are there any sequence breaks left in the game? I know they patched the coffim jump a while ago.

It does work, it's just not optimal. It's like building a SKL build with only 40 SKL. It works, it's just not optimal.

Generally, yeah. I wish it wasn't so similar. Plus I'm using HMLS and LHB is pretty much identical to that in use, too

Yes, especially at Byrgenwerth and the nightmares

Can ye explain how slow weapons don't benefit as well from flat damage? That sounds like some mechanical fuckery I've never heard of

Not that guy but its really simple.

A slow hammer takes a week ro swing and deals 1000 damage. Add 10 to that, its nothing.

A fast dagger that swings 10 times in the same duration as one hammer swing and deals 100 damage. Add 10 to each swing.

Slow weapons tend to have higher attack ratios so they use their high AR better. Flat damage is not taken into account to attack ratios, so it's better on multi-hit attacks or on weapons that attack quickly, like the tricked wheel or the saif. With the Kirk, you simply won't be proccing that flat damage very often.

Ringing again, fuck this guy.