/mcg/ - Minecraft General - babbajes and cabbages edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Marc_IRL/status/855131685284958209
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Castle Companions.

I usually don't care about adventure modpacks but i can't wait for this one, what's the ETA?

1 week or so. Depending on how much I struggle with quests and dialogs. That's pretty much the only thing I need to finish now.

Thanks user, good luck.

i put two planks and a stick in the platforms machine but nothing happens.

what am i doing wrong

futuristic furniture user, are you there? show your stuff

Rate my base

Just need 5 more titanium blocks before I can construct the warp core. But let's decide which Earth-like planet to go to..

earth 3

So my main takeaway from these threads is that /mcg/ wants Minecraft to stop being an actual game and go back to being creative mode only, like Minecraft Classic.

No, /mcg/ wants minecraft to become an engine for modding.
And for all the bloat that no one gives a shit about, like guardians, hunger, etc. to be made completely optional.

Our neighbor, Sol-17 looks to be an interesting target. It has mass similar to our planet, though it has a super high atmospheric pressure, which I dunno if that's a good or a bad thing in Advanced Rocketry.

13th for drama

twitter.com/Marc_IRL/status/855131685284958209

>Mods can't be sold

Amazing, they actually did something right for once.

>both lex and cpw are retards, who cant into reading comprehension
Anything new?

>Mojang: HEY GUYS, WE'RE MAKING A MARKETPLACE FOR PEOPLE TO BUY TEXTURE PACKS AND MAPS ON WINDOWS 10 EDITION!
>community: fucking why?
>Forge circlejerk: WHY CAN'T WE SELL MODS ON THE MARKETPLACE! THIS IS DISCRIMINATION!
>community: WHAT THE FUCK IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM?

The end begins.

>right
>implying
Bringing more money into the community is not a good thing, especially bringing more money into the "artistic" side of things.

And mods cannot be bought, for now.

MAWPC/10

how do you protect yourself from mobs

Creeper Catastrophe

I normally have fences on top but I removed them for the picture

Spider Catastrophe

Havent had any problems with spiders
here is all of it

>those fences
what the fuck, pretty original though

I should probably change them, I've had em like that pretty much since living in the hole.
There used to be a ladder up, but I can fly now so a fence gate in the roof will suffice

Tried the dye mod out, I guess it's okay.
>craft ugly dye tree saplings, use special bone meal, chop them for colored cocoa beans
>craft ugly big tree, chop it for ugly log where I can plant those cocoa beans
>harvest them like normal cocoa beans, they drop concentrated dye or something
>put that concentrated dye on squeezer (multiblock to the left), it turns into liquid dye
>pipe red, yellow, blue and white to the mixer (multiblock to the right), it turns into pure dye
>pump pure dye into stamper (little block), give it dye blanks, choose color, get dye
Haven't tried the paint gun and block painter but they probably aren't much harder to understand. Now on to figuring out how to farm cocoa beans, I guess a simple timer system should be good enough.

This wasn't fun at all, but at least i have all the cobblestone i'd ever need to build in this hole.

>thermal expansion pipes
>not buildcraft

the day mods can be sold on a "marketplace", I'll make it my living duty to leak and host every single sold mod on a website.

It's Questing time!
Quick, make a quick quest and I may include it in. Or not, can't be 100% sure.

i know it's leddit, but /r/modpiracy was made pretty much for that

>an engine for modding
Any examples of such a thing?

Garry's Mod or Minetest

Factorio.

>Garry's Mod
I see.

I don't get it.

psa trainserb2 isn't dead 4evr I need to transfer hosts so it'll be down a couple days while i move files and shit around and clean up.

it's nothing but a set of tools to "build your own game"

People don't play Garry's Mod, they play the custom games somebody built with it

While the scope is bigger than being a modding engine, it's a similar case

Ive got work irl and havent played much, plus I retardedly lost the content cleaning some files. So that soon(tm) is now a not too soon(tm), sorry :(

>He didnt drop an antimatter bomb
Weak.

I'm trying to modify .txt files in a modded .jar file, but modifying the .txt file in question seems to fuck up the corresponding item in minecraft which it affects. Any tips on modifying parts of a mod's .jar?

aw

Add a quest where you help a poor modder get back the content he got stolen from Vazkii.

Congratulations, Vazkii is now an evil magician.
In the quest, you will help a girl so she can recover everything he stole from her.

So Minetest?

Is that thing in the corner from arse meguca

Minetest will never be a thing for the same reason it will take years for players on 1.7.10 to switch to something newer.

That's either a TiCon smelter or a ProjectE Transmutation Table
stupid

>lua
Stop shilling minetest, it's shit.

These rabbits have been stuck here for a long time.

Still able to breed though.

is there a decent hqm pack that isn't a skyblock/limited resources type setup
really would just like to learn the contents of some packs while playing without sieving for hours

If you see this, I wanted to say thanks for trying to help me. I fell asleep and didn't respond.

Turns out of all things it was a problem with my actual hard drive, and running a scan seems to have cleared it up. I guess nothing else was taxing it as much as minecraft

Playing infinity evolved for the first time in a while. Any tips on early game mining? I usually duo with someone and let them do the mining while I do infrastructure but I'm doing a solo world. I hate mining and just want to get to the building.

Make your own modpack around your tastes instead of using a premade one.

Finally the warp core is finished. We now have a Starship.

That seems like a shitty ship.

I suppose it's not the most appealing thing that's going to explore the galaxy, but it'll work.

Engaging Warp to Sol-17.

And we arrived. This planet looks a bit...greener. But let's see what it's like on the surface. Will we finally see some Earth-like terrain?

And we arrived. It seems breathable, but taking off the suit gives severe mining fatigue and slowness.

It effects all entities too. This horse is moving super slow.

This rod of return really helps out. For the cost of ALL the shit that's in this rod, you can warp back to the telepad you synced to, regardless of dimension.

Thats called gravity, some planets have higher or lower gravity than earth one making you either heavier or lighter.

Actually it's the air pressure. This planet has WAY more air pressure than earth does. Notice the hud.

>tfw no /egg/made
>no crew update either

Does anyone know a mod for chunk regen accidentally uninstalled Forestry and all the ores despawned preferably on curse

Well that planet sucked, let's try Sol-21.

It has a bit more mass, but it's atmospheric pressure is about the same. Also another thing to note

Hyperbolic planets when

these rockets don't care about landing in the ocean.

>in the ocean
its obviously on ice

This planet, I can actually take off the suit w/o suffering any effects, but it has a bit of a high gravity to it.

The gravity is actually high enough that it sometimes bypasses my fall damage immunity.

MINING AWAY

>preferably on curse
curse is the cancer that killed minecraft

cpw and lex are miserable cunts but then again so are most of mojang's crew, so there are no winners in this argument.

This planet is mostly a frozen ocean, mesa, and jungle world. Let's see if I can hopefully get off this rock with the current gravity here.

>
What are those eggs from? Anyway, as for your question, do you have anything built in the chunks? If so try Cofhcore retrogen.

Despite the heavier gravity, managed to leave.

Anyway, new star system this time, and this planet has a bit of a purplish color to it.

Speaking of which, are the non-bee parts of Forestry good?

Thats the 1.10.2 version right? Even though both 1.7.10 and 1.10 are developed at the same time, it seems to have more features.

Even though this planet seems breathable, w/o the helmet, this planet is blanketed by a heavy fog. Even with night vision.

yes. the multifarm is a pretty alright solution.

Oh wait, the fog was coming from the rocket's annoyingly laggy smoke.

All I can really say is that this is an extreme hills world. I don't think you can ask for a better world really. It has a tiny bit higher gravity than normal, but it isn't too terrible.

Even though the end quest wants me to find a particular tree, I think I've pretty much done what I needed to do, and that's to get off that shitty desert world to a much better one, like this. Thus concludes my playthrough of Forever Stranded.

Forgot gif

Problems with baby zeds?

I updated Xaero's Minimap and World Map and lost all my waypoints. I have a lot of ground to cover.

I am a raving fucking retard, please help me with interior design.

cobble floors, wood walls, ceiling is anything

wood floors, cobble ceiling, walls are anything

>wood walls
Pure wood or plank?

Working in a mesa right now with a mix of wood/hardened clay for walls

Do you guys have any good idea for a zombie drop OR an unique use for rotten flesh?

Logs for "vertical beams" and wood planks for walls

Depends on the context. What environment you going for, magical, mechanical, vanilla-ish?

Theme-wise I'm going for something vanilla-ish, more on the magical than mechanical side of the thing.