Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11542461
strawpoll.me/12100304
youtube.com/watch?v=vnUQlGdjIhQ
agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=majinten
youtube.com/watch?v=Mu2op9bM-bo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can someone pretty please post that beginner's guide to SMT games infographic I've seen around?

Asking for a friend. Picture unrelated.

I never made that connection either.

Jesus christ.

YOU HAVE BEEN VISTED BY THE SMUG THIEF OF MANY SALES

P4 WILL GET 100 MORE SPIN OFFS UNLESS YOU TYPE "Thank you based smug theif" IN THE THREAD

do women find this sexy????

It's in the OP

Idiot its right here

You mean you don't find bright red banana shaped dicks sexy?

Do it Raidou, kill the fucking fiend,

Leave me alone nobody reads the OP on Veeky Forums

They find this guy sexier.

Vote for best mainline game here
strawpoll.me/11542461
Vote for best spinoff game here
strawpoll.me/12100304

DUN DUN DUN
(dun-dun-dun dundun)
DUNDUN DUN-DUN

Good fucking shit right here

youtube.com/watch?v=vnUQlGdjIhQ

Isn't it about time to update the starter guide?

Sure, go ahead!

Honestly I don't mind the Persona spinoffs. I just ignore them for the most part. What really makes me upset is the fact that Atlus is almost refusing to really experiment. With the SNES games, we got SMT If... which was different from the other games because of its unique high school setting. We also had Majin Tensei, an SRPG, and the Last Bible series, which was set in medieval times. In the PS1 era, we got the Devil Summoner games, and Persona. In the PS2 era, we got Digital Devil Saga, the Raidou games, and SMT NINE. Even Nocturne, which was a numbered game, was radically different from it's predecessors. In the DS era, we got the Devil Survivor games along with Strange Journey. There was constant experimentation along with a drive to create something new. What do we have now in this era? The only spin off games in the past 5 years have been Tokyo Mirage Sessions and endless Persona milking. What happened to the cool experimental shit that Atlus used to produce?

>DeSu in third place
Nice. I love Srpgs when are we getting Majin tensei translated?

Does anyone have a better scan of this image?

So, I'm aboyt to start Nocturne on Hard, and I'm wondering how I should distribute my stats, or if there are any tips I'd really benefit from knowing early on.

The only other SMT I played was Apocalypse, so from what people say, I fully expect to get fucked on.

lol, this one

All I want his a P5 anime because
>Get Leouch to Voice MC
>Give him little to no lines
fucking why ?

The lines he does speak are pretty good though.

no mt2 no vote

Well, it's not like they can suddenly make the protagonist talk. We are always going to have silent protagonists in this series.

>Tsukiji Konganji
>Tsukiji Hongan-ji

Why did they change the names?

>We are always going to have silent protagonists in this series.

Don't be so sure.

Joker talks a lot compared to the others protagonists

Maybe they didn't want to offend Buddhists?
Tsukiji Hongan-ji is the correct name.

>> VIT/STR build for Nakajima. He cannot use Magic, but increasing INT also raises his magical resistance. INT/SPD build for Yumiko.
What if those stats are maxed

when did this
become sexier than this

whosmt've'nt'jdve'kajan are you quoting

*toot*

calm down everyone

>Trumpeter plays the Law theme in DeSu 2

That was a pretty neat nod.

Am I the only one who likes SMTIV more than Persona 5 despite aditting the latter is the more polished game? I just like demon fusion too much desu

What's wrong with P5's fusion system?

party members can't change personas

The start guide for KMT 1

Nothing really. But I guess he likes SMT IV fusion more since you can give all the skills to any demons
>agi on jack frost
I dont like it that much but I like it more then the random shitfest in Nocturne. Final was better.

I like SMTIV more since it ist half "VN" but unlike P4 atleast the VN stuff is actually good

No search filters or compendium fusion

Wait, seriously? Oh God, that is going to be so frustrating.

you should be a an eternal grognard who uses fusion lite for everything in SMTIV

Is Akechi /ourboy/?

Anyone got the original P4 version of this>?

no pic related is.

I just finished reading the Tatsuya Scenario. Holy fuck, why does Atlus make him suffer 24/7?

I would do it if I had the background picture...

>agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=majinten
>40%
>last update 2009

FUCKING WHY

We live in the dark timeline.

L U C K

I LOVE YOU, FUTABA!

I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YHVH!

Should I go full attack mode with Cleopatra with
>Banter
>Dazzle Rat
>Light Pierce
>H. Light Pleroma
>Enduring Soul
>Drain Dark
>Concentrate
>Draconic Reaction

Or should I stick Magaon on her as none of my support-demons have it?

>Human waifus
hey buddy I think you took a wrong turn, /pg/ is two blocks that way

Against the advice of everybody else, I decided to start playing SMT from the first SNES game.
Am I doing something wrong? The game has so many random encounters that at times it feels like one of those FFVII parody vids, with Cloud taking one step and getting into an encounter, with that being followed by another one.
After I got to Shinjuku I have no idea where I'm supposed to be going or what I'm supposed to be doing other than finding Heroine, but none of the NPCs are being very helpful with that. I found one huge basement with shitton of rooms, and in-game map isn't really helpful at all since it rotates with you, and none of the unique rooms are marked in it. I also haven't seen actual equipment in quite some time now, and I'm rolling in like 30K yen.

Am I in bad part, or am I just bad at games? Is SMT2 better in some ways, or should I just heed the earlier advice and start with Nocturne?

>The game has so many random encounters that at times
Welcome to oldschool jrpgs. A lot of them has fucked encounter ratios.

SMT 2 didt make me use a guide for being lost. Untill I forgot how to get to the grand chapel after not playing it for a month

SMT1 is horrible at given you directions.

why aren't you using a guide as well? it's an old game, you'll need it

The encounter rate on SMT1 is ridiculously high. You can mitigate it by finding a demon with the Estoma spell. If you ever get lost, you can use a guide to figure out where to go. There is no shame in it, as long as you don't overuse it.

its because sega acquired them

Maybe I just played the good ones before. But then again, SMT is the first oldschool first-person dungeon crawler I've playd.
Alright, I'll keep pushing on with help of guide.

please take that shit to /pg/

I gotchu covered

Why is the sound so good in DDS, like seriously.

The music, sound effects, even the dub acting except Gale and Cielo is ahead of its time.

>except Gale

Opinion discarded.

I prefer when games are more straight forward. And in that regard I enjoyed SMTIV over P5.

Atlus really got full of themselves by taking away so much time from the player; the memes about the cat proved to be way too real.
I don't know how the rest of the fanbase reacted to it, but I take it that they will eat it up as long as the game throws waifus at them.

I'm starting to think agility is useless in smtiv
Think I might just start doing 4/1 dex/luck or something
currently level 13 with 35 dx 33 ag and 17 luck going for a gun build

>Except for gale
You just don't comprehend.

But really, I don't remember him being bad at all.

I liked it alot and its coming from some one who least favorite spin off is persona.

The railroading in between story segments is fucking annoying and Haru coming it late are my only real problems. The whole
>go to bed cat meme
ist a good reason to hate the cat sense without it would be like in P4 when Yu would say "I am to tired or dont feel like it" or something.

No, this is.

Am I crazy or did I not really get the whole "railroading" complaint? What else would you have them do?

The thing is that I don't really recall Yu going to sleep early just so you could watch a cutscene the next day. If anything the game skipped straight to the scene itself if that is what the game wanted.
Let alone in P3, where the large majority of story cutscenes didn't waste your whole day.

Talk to people, or do one of the many activities that the game lets you do.

I understand they need to have it there to give exposition to the story and all but its still annoying.

Let me go do something at night ffs if the day is wasted trying to figure out who futaba is

Yes but am saying the character, Morgana, is not forcing you to go to bed, its the game itself. When he leaves for a bit you still have to go to bed. I thought thats what that user meant when he was complaining about the cat.

>there will never be another game with a cast as nice as p2's

I started replaying IS and all I can think about is how much I love all of them.

;_;

If the gameplay is excellent but the story is shit, is it acceptable

Go love your own women you sad sack of shits. I've seen what you say.

Obviously it's acceptable. It is a little bit disappointing however.

I haven't said anything like that, now do the following

Yes.

If anything just wait until the next game releases, when it'll become acceptable to like IV:A.

t.Demon fucker

Chill out.
Come, I'll massage your shoulders.

He doesn't have shoulders you fucking asshole

Baby's first formalism mindset: the post

I don't fuck them. Demons are for fusing, and killing, not fucking.

smelly neet
skeet on feet

>FUCKING GIRLS
>I WISH YOU'D JUST FUCK OFF AND DIE

FUCK OFF, DUMB DEMONFUCKERS!

I WANT TO MAKE PURE LOVE WITH FUTABA AND YOU ASSHOLES WILL NOT STOP ME!

Is this the pinnacle of /pg/? Shitposting about le waifus on /smtg/ cause their thread manages to be worse on every possible level?

That's cool, but just take it to /pg/ okay?

how much of game does she spend barefoot?

SMT x WWE

Bah gawd folks, we have just witnessed the demifiend suplex YVHW off the top rope

No.
If gameplay is the only thing that matters to you, then you should stick to EO, pussy.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mu2op9bM-bo

What's the purple eye in Yosuke's screen?

Just wondering.

Did SMT: Apocalypse sell good for SMT standards? I really don't worry about localization but still you never know

It was less than IV, but considering it was a direct sequel to a niche title that didn't get marketed nearly as well as its predecessor, it sold okay. The percent of the stock sold in the first week in Japan was 70ish percent.