PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND GENERAL /PUBGG/

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

+++News+++
>Early Access Month 1 Update
playbattlegrounds.com/news/68.pu

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2mj0-SA5Sgw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>From the developers that brought you
>TERA
>Devilian
>Here's PUBG!
top fucking kek

old map, my bad, lacks one or two spawns

You could just point out obvious flaws with this very game instead of going the obvious troll route

>waifu
>waifu
>guy who thinks hes cool with jeans wearing a tie and welders mask

That's true.
You forgot to remove realistic FPS combat from the OP.
>bulletproof frying pans
>third person shooter
>laser sighted grenades

laser sighted grenades are real

Not him but ok

>performance issues
>optimization issues
>mic randomly cuts out
>options limited like mic volume, FoV, shading and the likes
>desync
>more desync
>server issues (lost connection to the host!)
>cirlces
>hackers
>no report button in game
>terrain glitches
>spectating is god awful with bugs galore

sry, we were 3 threads before dying, i just panicked.
post some links, guides, etc. you want to see in the OP for the next thread

dude, its just a $30 beta. Kappa

it's perfect on my machine lol
must be your potato computer lol
time to get rid of your third world internet lol
etc

Sounds like it should be half that.

This is a tech demo pre-alpha

>install new patch
>F at my secret loot spot
>there are other people AT MY SECRET
>leave without looting because want to sneak
>end up finding lvl. 3 vest, facemask, helmet
>doing fine avoiding everyone
>drops under 40 people
>start watching a vehicle from a distance, make a move at it
>another vehicle is driving at me
>realize what direction and run to the side
>I get KO'd even though I didn't see the vehicle touch me

great game

Why is the movement system so fucked up?
I feel like a brick the entire time.

controlling like a bathtub on stilts implies realism and tacticaliveness

>pan saves me 3 times in 1 game
This thing is so good

full body pan armor available only to twitch partners when

And like every other cash grab it'll be dead before anything resembling a final product.

so the vector blows

>i hate this game!
>better flood the thread about it with my teenage angst while bumping it to the front page everytime!
These shitposters are the fucking dumbest fucks alive, god damn.

>angst for angst
contradict yourself more
you're no better than them

>one shot through a level 3 vest/helmet from 30 yards away by a mid-jump hip-firing S686

Game balance 101, hard stuff.

How do I git gud

>t-shirt (Red)

the over-under shotgun got a buff, if you throw a choke on it you can get one-shots from 50 meters

Yeah you really gotta keep your distance vs shotgun fags now. Shits a fucking railgun

>tfw get 4 of them

Not enough bullets to fill smg role

>one post is the same as my spamming garbage
Lmaoing at you.

you don't know what spamming is newfag

>EU server
>4 player team matchmaking
>ching chong ping pong
>thick accent, what I assume is an asian accent
REEE

>shirt (grey)

>welder's mask

How do I get the welder's mask?

It's a level3 helmet. you have to find it in game as it is not cosmetic.

So what shit is cosmetic? Assuming I ca nget all stuff out of crates? I just got the game today.

>every house you enter is shit
>the game forces you to do what you can with a shotgun
managed to top 10 with kills but the fucking cuck circle is set in the open cornfields

is the soul crushing server lag any better after the update?

Not really

Top-tier

Cunny
Nyantez
Tsukamoto
Dave
indulge me
fuzzy

Solid-tier

Pig
Vinland
siegeh
hwamie
ocean man
Shurn

Shit-tier

JoeBob601
jwoah
Lexaphon
Eail
Bazerker
Fancyfire
akm
tea
clowncar
BipolarHernandez
SoStonedi8spam

what are you even on about?

The fuck is this?

why is my name on that list

what even is that list

Are you ranking by skill or enjoyment to play with?

Does this game do anything good?

Clothes like shirts and pants, masks and glasses, and hats that dont provide armor. No items you jump with give any bonus at all (beyond extra carry space but you get the same with all clothes including the ones you start with.)

when you pay $29.99, its actually $29.99

My favorite cuck doing some PUBG soon lads

youtube.com/watch?v=2mj0-SA5Sgw

skill

>youtube streaming
fucking gross

At this point I'd just rather see a AAA developer make a clone.

Yeah, it would be full price, have season passes and DLC up the ass, and will likely have a shakey launch. But at least we'd be sure that sooner or later the game will actually fucking work.

Where as this game will most likely stay in early-access purgatory indefinitely. Shame, because I love the core gameplay.

as long as it's not from ubishit, I'd buy it right away

>find house with room only one room hallway
>lay on the ground
>get 7 kills just shooting people who walk in
>people keep coming to loot the shit on the ground without even looking around
>make it into top 5 and finally die trying to get to the final circle in time
>repeated again the next game with similar results
I don't get how people are so dumb, what posses them to go check the pile of crates without even bothering to look around

And so the circle jerk begin.

>someone points out retardation
>call him a newfag
>>>/reddit/

>h1z1 on suicide watch
>pubg in hospice car

thank god this meme genre is over

>replying to a post over an hour old to tell them to go to reddit
Embarrassing.

>tfw solid tier

>h1z1 on suicide watch
h1z1 peaks every single day being one of the most played games on steam.
And also a 300,000 dollar tournament just aired on cable tv tonight. h1z1 is one of the most alive games shitposter

>And also a 300,000 dollar tournament just aired on cable tv tonight. h1z1 is one of the most alive games shitposter
the tournament was embarrassing. h1 is done

Unrefutable Gun Tier List

SSS
>AWM

S
>M416, M24, S686 w/ choke

A+
>Kar98k

A
>M16, AKM, Vector w/ ext.mag, SKS, S1897 w/ choke, S686

B
>SCAR, SKS, S12K, S1897, Vector

C
>UMP, Uzi

anyone else hate this patch with a passion? Ive been playing this game nonstop since it released, i love it, i have over 160 hours, but this patch makes me feel like im playing a shitty unfinished version of the alpha.

>weapon glows go through walls
>bright yellow loot, you cant tell what you're looking at 75% of the time
>sounds all fked up
>lower fps for my shitty potatoe comp (WAY more foliage now makes it slower)
>vector update was a joke 13 bullets lmao
>the pan
>peeking around corners too closely obscures you vision(when it forces you to put the gun up cuz you're too close)
>2x has a permanant glare sometimes
>2x sight gets super blurry if you get shot at while ADS
>game is overall WAY darker for my pc(probably 30% darker at least)

I am so disappointed in this patch, I was super excited for this patch this morning too. I don;t think ive ever really criticized this game at all untill this point, why release something at all , if it potentially could make even one aspect of your game worse.

Yeah the foliage kind of fucked me over, I'm running a shit CPU with a 970, which in general is fine for most games but these open world survival genre games rape CPUs so the grass fucked me up

rofl not even close only one u got right is AWM

AK(4x)->m164a(reddot)->M416/Scar(reddot) for ARs btw

Lmao you dont even fucking play the game.
M16 is by far the best rifle without question. S686 sucks fucking dick compared to the s12 or even the other shotty.

I would say it does the core concept really well, like a proof of concept "does this work" idea. It works really well at the one thing it does on the surface level, but that one thing is quickly "gamed" and degraded once you realize what is going on.

At the very least, for the game to have only one giant map when said map is "In game map editor" tier, is kind of a joke. There should be a slightly bigger selection of weapons, with more interesting choices on gameplay. Things like the final circles should be zooming in on buildings as often as they do open fields, but it feels like 9 times out of 10 you have the final fight outside in the open, since that accounts for 9/10th's of the map.

If the game had a built in map editor, you could have players host their own "battle royals" on them - go full Hunger Games tier, with that player who made the map being the "game master" who can influence events on the map, interact with players in positive or negative ways, or any number of things.

All in all it feels like it's not so much early access, as it is "We got the core game done, now we need to MAKE a game" around it. But I fear this will be all we get in the game.

>>vector update was a joke 13 bullets lmao
you would change from how it is in reality?

Are they adding in a display showing your killer's health a la Rainbow Six?

There's plenty of other SMG's they could have used...lolllllllllllll

The Vector is great because it has a really good recoil handling for what it does. As long as you don't have potato aim, you have the most accurate gun in the game.

It's really the niche sub guns should be serving, doing various specific role rifles can't... Really, really well.

if they do it will probably be bugged

>found a ballistic mask
>gives 10 capacity

>die
>fan makes a noise like it's banging on something
This happens every time and I've never experienced this in another game, any ideas?

The final couple circles ruin this game desu.

You can have fun gunfights etc. for the first bit, but it eventually comes down to whether or not you're the one that needs to move for the circle or not and if you get in a gunfight and doesn't instantly end you're basically signing yourself off to a loss if the circle moved away from you.

It wasn't annoying for awhile but at this point when the circle spawns touching the complete opposite side it triggers me a little because I know I'm about to have to basically in a straight line through people spying over cover with 3rd person camera.

The last zones need to be much slower, slowly forcing you to the center instead of DROP EVERYTHING YOU'RE FUCKING DOING AND SPRINT AND IF PEOPLE SHOOT AT YOU YOU LOSE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T STOP OR THIS 5X DAMAGE ELECTRIC BOOGALOO WILL KILL YOU

git gud

*tips fedora

I don't understand why the final circles are so sped up, like "OKAY YOU GOTTA MOVE IN 60 SECONDS EVEN THO YOU JUST GOT HERE" - it doesn't really matter and doesn't help the game. I understand you want people to die relatively quickly overall because you want them back in match making, but for the other 90 people that should be the case. Top 10 scenarios should be slow and drawn out, and there should be more options to move safety.

More importantly a gay ass open field is going to end in predictable ways, but even if you had the final circles in a city it rarely would benefit the camping parties, since frag grenades can be a huge game changer

this
the m16 on burst is fucking god-like

I watched baz solo an entire squad with just a double barrel so this list is objectively wrong.

The S868 is a fuckin sniper with a choke, it's easily best shotgun

>m16
>burst

Yeah no, scrub detected

>putting Baz and clowncar in shit-tier
>when youre putting "my game froze on the drop good luck guys" hwamie in solid-tier

what the fuck are you doing

So are there any plans to optimize this? I barely got it to an acceptable FPS and it looks like shit

Didn't mean to quote

Can't wait for first person only mode.

>game starts to close in on pochinki wheat fields
>20 left
>start to get shot
>1 more and I die
>frying pan literally saves my ass
>go prone in fields
>crawl through unnoticed while everyone else guns each other down

This game is still hot garbage. Optimizing and adding features means shit when the game still has flawed core mechanics, and they keep adding more with each patch

Guess I shoulda learned, fucking Bluehole and PU

this patch made the pump action super inconsistent, but a choke 686 is dank as fuck.

I thought it was my fan but it was actually my controller vibrating intensely every time I died.

Is the game killing anyones CPU after the latest update? Hardly getting any frames now.

>flawed core mechanics
Like what exactly? Unless you're a fucking retard then you knew exactly what the core mechanics were before you bought the game.

>tfw jewed on graphics card but bought a 6700k
Hope they'll never patch it

Sick update

Durrr this game is great the way it is!

Careful haters, it's still in early access!

The blue circle late game forces players to react to the blue circle and not other players, which is retarded because its PVP not PV blue circle mechanic

Just happened, last 5 alive, in a heated 1v1 battle. Circle rng will make us run, 30 seconds!!!

We both stop firing and book it, running literally side by side and breaking up an awesome duel because we both know if we duke it out we both will die

Somehow fanboys argue this mechanic is for the better.

Loot RNG mechanic. If you dont have a rifle mid-game it's pretty much over since 90% of circles fall in open/long range fields and hills

the circle is the point of the game. No use in crying if you're shit at the game

>this game is perfect
>you just need to git gud
Not that user, but this game has serious flaws and if people like you defend it like this, it will never get better.

t. someone who has never won a game