Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Gimme dat FREE stuff Edition

>What's new?

>Heroes of the Storm 2.0; launching April 25th
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20695700/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/
>Megabundles Announced; All players will be able to unlock up to 20 heroes for FREE
>Promotion ends May 22nd, 2017
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/megabundles/

>Genji Hero Announced; Releases on April 25th
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/genji/
>Hamamura Battleground Announced; Releases on April 25th
us.battle.net/heroes/en/battlegrounds/hanamura/
youtu.be/Dq5-18Vt-c0
>Hero Mastery Taunts
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20638785/
youtu.be/RAEDd4nES_M
>Veterans get some good loot when 2.0 drops
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20653218/

>For new players:
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE
>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation or try mode and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked, you'll regret it.

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20707874/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20696238/
>Latest Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20696243/
>2.0 Beta Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20696241/

>Hero Rankings, various Statistics, Talent Calculator, & Wiki
hotslogs.com/Default
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator
heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Heroes_of_the_Storm_Wiki

>Current Tier List
robogrub.com/tierlist

>Where can I find you inferior life forms?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

>Tips and HotS Logs (stat tracker)
heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
hotslogs.com/Default

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12791315
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>cho on the left side of the hero select
>gall on the right side of the hero select
its like pottery

I hope Li Li's (And other supports with cleanse) talents get stacked like Uther's did so there's actual talent diversity and not just "I need cleanse this game so goodbye actual fun talents".

He might not be the most handsome fellow
but fuck if he didn't singlehandedly get me into Diamond 3
Scarra is literally /ourguy/

Would you a Jaina?

Let's start this thread off with a picture of the best healer Li Li, which the mods will probably delete because why the fuck not! Blinding winds actually deal quite a bit of damage now and I'll be building for them every time. This is not furryposting.

School Li Li skin WHEN?

Pre-GREENED, yes.

furries will be gassed

Give me your Li Lis

dont believe cuck writing, jaina is pure and for humans only, so are qt elf girls.

Okay, but... I didn't ask for shorter queue times and 5-stacks. I'd rather have longer queue times than play against a full team which has a massive inherent advantage. And "form my own" my ass, I don't WANT to 5-stack in QM either, because I would just be part of the problem.

Imperius when?

still mad about raynors talent to bribe mercs being removed.

No one asked you what you wanted. QUICK match prioritizes QUICKness over "fair" matches that are unachievable in this game because of the nature of drafting. If you don't want to play against groups, play the solo queue only Hero League or accept the fact that QM is bullshit and stop taking it seriously.

Raynor will always live the most tragic story of any assassin in hots. He was always kind of bad except for one patch where they gave him tons of Q talents and he started to have decent burst on top of his AA. They then nerfed it the very next patch, now to forever live as a shitter who will always be outclasses by tychus or valla.

Auriel is Pure!

pure slut

Like clockwork

ok, but would you a johanna?

I'd a Johanna. The real question is would Johanna a me.

It already dealt quite a bit of damage, I'm actually unhappy because it means that assassin lili will be more common now and it'll probably get nerfed.

Will you be her apprentice fuck slave and learn the ways of the lusty crusade for Zakarum?

LI LI PLEASES OLD GNOMES FOR COPPERS

This screenshot is like 2 years old, ignore this data

i hope we get that girl necromancer slut from that one diablo book, she sounded hot

Absolutely. I would love for her to sit on my dick and teach me the ways of Zakarum.
Does this mean I have to change my name to Johann?

What the fuck? Give me that newspaper. Fucking fake news these days.

That meme doesn't work when the target isn't as hot as Rin.

ok then, but check this: would you a tyrande??

No, she's a married woman and I ain't about that cuck shit. If she breaks it off with Malfurion though, definitely.

Yeah, considering they lowered every stat from her kit in early 2016.
Might as well be from the dragon build era.

alright then. How about kerrigan? Would you a kerrigan?

>hmm i didnt play a mage in aeons
>pick kel
>instantly versus all magic resist tanks in the game QM
Thanks blizzard

Well that wasnt any newer. The fuck did my new ones go? Anyway I still play assaassin lili and still usually top hero damage.

>megabundles
>tfw dunno what to pick because I'm extremely flexible
>tfw noticed there's a "flex" bundle
>most of the heroes I already have are in there
>take quiz
>pic related
Fuck

strawpoll.me/12791315

I tried to list as many as I could think of. I probably missed someone obvious though.

Of course i pick the one game in 10 I dont go assassin. Fuck it i give up.

No because Raynor has went through too much shit just for her and got cucked too many times by everyone around him

A beautiful pure slut!

Just pick the one where you will get the most heroes unlocked that you don't already own.

Higher chance for duplicates in loot chests going forward if you do.

Just go for the bundle that gives you the most heroes then.

Captcha: calle calle

I don't understand why it's everywhere.

Is there a new exp spreadsheet for the new adjusted exp per level?

then buy the bundle with the least played / owned heroes to fill up your roster

most people will already own most of the heroes in their favorite roles, because they've been playing the game for a while. the bundles are more for first time players or those who are coming back to hots after quitting, etc.

i'm normally a warrior main, so i have most of the shit except the assassins, so i'm gonna just buy it to get the 8 or so assassins i don't have, just for the sake of unlocking them so i have 'em for later

>not having superior game sense and strategy

I can respect that. Would you a auriel?

I would absolutely, definitely, 100% let Auriel tie me up.

Kael'thas does fine against spell shield. Use W more, not Q.

how the fuck do i kaelthas now.
i haven't played since you used to be able to get both flamethrower and the living bomb explosion spread shit and it was absurdly OP.

is he just a flamestrike bot now?

after his glory days it was living bomb build

now hes just some mage with a good kit against melee heavy teams like always

Build for W, always have always will.

>stop criticizing and pointing out how a mode could be improved bro ITS A LE FIVE CLOWN FIESTA LMAO XD bro

plot twist, kel'thuzad will start in necromancer human form and evolve to lich at level 10

Point taken, Li Li sucks cock

Flamestrike is a greedy nuker build. Fine if you can stack up Convection before 10, but falls off later.

He's a mage that is unique because he discourages enemy teams to clump up, so rely on empowered Living Bombs to deal your poke damage and not Q spam. It's more mana efficient and ends up doing more damage to clumper teams and tight passages.

Kael'thas is difficult to position correctly to play, so try getting used to playing Mana Addict especially in QM, it solves half your problems and doesn't punish you for dying early.

Also, Pyroblast is an -okay- ult to use now, but don't target heroes that have a chance to survive through it with defensives. Target healers and stray DPS with it, not tanks with spell shields.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on this 2.0 shit?

I actually enjoyed the game more than the other mainstream mobas but the jewery surrounding heroes/skins and fucked ranked system ultimately put me off, is any of this stuff fixed already/getting fixed?

>still no official level calculator from Blizzard
Do we have a spreadsheet that is correct and up to date?

Literally like 6 links and videos in the OP breaking it down in every imaginable way.

Basically 2.0 is kicking out the jews and starting over. In all it's history, this is the peak of the game so far. Drops next Tuesday.

nothing i do on the PTS affects my main account right?

do you like to buy heroes/skins with real money?
yes - you're not gonna like it
no - literally nothing changes
that's the only thing that is really impacted

2.0 is basically the Overwatch loot system for HotS, all heroes will be free for a month after 2.0 hits and Blizzard is giving you a bunch of heroes for only 100 gems. All skins are now separate items you need to buy instead of a skin with 3 tints and a theres a new progression system.

Its all purely cosmetic.

No

>tfw you start taking nether wind at 4 instead of mana tap

i would kill a person to actually have that in the game

New ranked system, bunch of free heroes ( not just the bundle, but nexus challenge and other stuff. Also from lootbox). You can also get every cosmetics in the game free from loot boxes which you get from levels. ( levels come much easier now and no level cap)

>"A necromancer. Can't say I approve of your kind."
>"You mock a priest of Rathma at your peril."

Was this exchange always around? If not, it's good to see them insert new dialogue once in awhile.

>like hots
>heroes are expensive though
>getting 80+ gods in smite for $30 ruined other mobas for me
>now you get free characters
>now I can play hots
yay

alright then but would you a chromie?

I hope when they do add Kel'thuzad they decide to put the final nail in the coffin for Mercy cucks and give him a team res.

>literally nothing changes
I have the option to get the formerly-premium skins for free now, that's a big change under "no".

Every unlockable cosmetic and hero in the game is now free via luck on loot chests. They also made leveling infinitely easier.

There are 13 maps and a ton of new heroes than there were a year or two ago. It's a whole different game.

still won't help you leave bronze, so i count it as nothing changing

yeah like bomb can do anything when cd is the same as shields on kinky bug and tirael

Now if you just played the game daily and did the daily quests you would have enough gold to buy all heroes

DotA and HoN give you heroes for free.

so if they give you enough gems for a bundle..
can I not just buy more gems for the other bundles?

Use W to pop it, then hit them with Q.

If you are trying to solo kill an anti-mage hero you're fucking retarded anyway, so yeah.

No, the bundles are one time thing, choose one and the others disappear as options.

Sure. Think of all the lewd applications of time magic, user.

No, because after you purchase one the others are disabled.

DotA and HoN are also stale as fuck dated monstrosities that only third worlders play these days.

I still have salt residues from most of the infinite scaling quest being capped/removed

There's no denying that, unfortunately.
I still do miss playing HoN.

ok but this is where it gets interesting. would you a sylvanas?

r-ree

90% of my captchas have calle in them atleast once and its been like this since slightly before hiroshimoot bought out Veeky Forums

You get 20 heroes for literally logging in. It's a huge boost for most people.

Funny how when they announce some good ass deal or free shit there are always people who demand more.

I dunno. She's cute, but I hear she's been getting kinda out of hand with that "death to the living" thing. I'd fear for my life.

why cant i rebind selfcast to f+q having to hit alt is so inconvenient reeeeeeeee

What about a lunara? Do you draw the line at lunara?

because it's a blizzard game, it's the same in every game they ever made.

I do not draw the line at Lunara.

F is used on maps line nuke town and hanamura.

Now this is where it gets tricky. Would you a Li Li?

It is a huge boost for me as well, I only own 3 characters.
I-i just wanted more stuff

No because she intrigues me

Too bad anime avatarfags were never a boon to general threads.

Absolutely not.
Maybe when she's older.

Ok then. what about zagara this is the last one i swear

it will all come fast enough. Loot chests are ezpz to get in 2.0. You'll have well over half the roster in like a month if you are lucky and wise with your shards.

Would she breed little user zerg spawns?