/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Smashed and pounded and grounded: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/23470
bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Hostile Hunters
youtube.com/watch?v=EAdokfuI0qM
youtube.com/watch?v=OtT3sjO0ocU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PURGE FILTH

vilebluds r cuckz

You uh... ya got something on your face bro

>Commented in the last thread about no art dealing with the Yahar'gul Hunters
I feel like I owe you something, do you take memes?

Have another one

is Maria really the Old Hunter that first used quickening? The bone we found in the abandoned workshop said it was a "he", or is that just translation error?

Reminder that you should not reply to tripfags.

>yurie bloody and beaten up
NO
YOU CANT DO THIS TO BEST WAIFU

It's gender neutral in Japanese
Also Gehrman probably did it first

Which dungeon do I go after depth 4 pthumeru if I want the Queen ? Also fuck this now I have ro farm materials

Isn't it Pthumeru 4 -> Defiled Pthumeru -> Great Pthumeru Ihyll?

You are a nice person, thank you for sharing.

Are layer 4 bosses more likely to drop higher rating gems?

Nah

>choose "spare the beasts of Old Yharnam"
>immediately descend the ladder and attack scourge beast
CAN I KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

How to even get to him? On my 1St playthrough he attacked me straight away

Through the back entrance so he doesn't shoot you, after blood moon iirc.

You have to enter through the back entrance to Old Yharnam and make your way up to him. So this means you have to kill Paarl and go through the gate there

Is there any reward for talking to him

He gives you the Powder Keg badge.

Dont change the aspect ratio from 16:9 -
keep the resolution so the width is a multiple of 16 while the height a multiple of 9.

To keep it under 3MB, lower the bitrate and lower the resolution (but no lower than 360px wide, or that shit's for ants) depending on how long the webm is.

Gesture and a Badge(you can still get the badge by killing him)

A friend showed me the error of my ways when it came to webms.

PARASITE IS FOR TO BEST WEPON

SAIF A SHIT AND WR4ST

DELETE ALL SAIPOTING;

How come the player character knows how to fight so stylishly with all these weapons? Was the PC already a hunter before they came to Yharnam?

You still have much to learn.

the PC isn't really fighting with finesse, just whacking shit as hard as they can. imaging a real sword fighter using LHB untricked and just swinging wildly like you do with R1. No technique whatsoever.

that's because the tricked LHB is a giant hunk of metal being held from a tiny handle with no leverage.
explain how the hunter can use the beast cutter without killing himself

it's the blood infusion. it turns them superhuman and fast, and as for "skill", i guess you can say that the PC had some background in fighting (Military Veteran, Violent Past, Cruel Fate what have you)

oh nvm that first part, I see you said untricked

I said untricked. Much like dark souls you just swing like a maniac. None of the movesets are really close to how a realistic warrior would actually use them. Some of the mvoesets don't even make sense. they look cool though.

>Fist of Gratia isn't a right hand weapon that transforms into TWO brass knuckles

??????

but seriously, what a waste. they already had bare fist animations.

>plan to wake up super early to get some spelunking in before work
>wake up super late and barely have time to do anything

How do I become a morning person, /bbg/

>sleeping

Can someone help me with a 98 arc build that isn't the 99 arc meme? If you could provide a brief explanation as well it would be appreciated, i'm going mad here trying to come up with a balanced one.

>Farming for a thrust
>31.5 stam down blunt drops
Goddamnit

25/50 str/arc or 70 arc are the ways to go, i prefer str/arc

just go 70 ARC and rest into vit with base stats for weapons you want to use

>tfw ATK down

mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/23470
Would this be viable?

Requesting that image where an user refused to say that the doll was a princess and everyone got mad

>Amygdala
>Piss easy if you stick to the tail and the legs
>can't even grab you between its legs
>bloodletting beast can

So much for being a "Great" One, huh? Even a mindless beast is smarter.

>tfw no offshape 27.2% radial and cold abyssal with with flat arcane damage for muh parasite

>he thinks he ever beats a great one
>he thinks breaking their nightmares is not apart of there plan
>he thinks you can out play beings in 10th dimensional chess without ever leaving the third dimension

>jokes on you, they were only pretending

Ignore Great One posters.

Admittedly, the Amygdala you kill looks smaller than the fuckers hanging off the side of the cathedrals.

I think size can be deceptive in FROM games.

Apparently Kalameet is a good deal smaller than Midir, for example.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Holy shit, I never knew this either. I killed Paarl but at that time Djura was already dead.
Can you kill BSB if you make that "treaty" with him or does it break the promise?

I don't think she was the first, but she definitely shows proficiency at it being an old hunter. There's not much information on who exactly invented it though so it could very well be her as well though.
I do like the little detail of since the cainhurst crow isn't an old hunter, he has to continually pop the bone in battle.

I found out one of my friends has a nice mensis hunter and I want to do some jolly co-op as a Yarhargul hunter to compliment the theme. What are some weapons, guns, and tools an unseen village hunter would use though? I was thinking amy arm for weapon but I'm still unsure on the other two.

Is there any lore for the ones reborn? Most other bosses get some sort of lore or mention from other characters or something, but there's almost nothing about that giant corpse shit.

bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Hostile Hunters
Rifle spear :^)

If you go off what the other ones in the game use, you have the choice between
>Tonitrus
>Rifle Spear
>Threaded Cane
>Beast Claw
>Church Pick

I've heard that if you aggro him initially you can still befriend him after Paarl. So you could just run to BSB, kill it, bagman your way to Yarhargul, kill Paarl, then befriend him before the blood moon but I haven't tried it myself yet.

I think the One Reborn is implied to be Mensis' attempt at making a great one.

Why is this even a thing? Who thought this would be a good idea? That's like having a potion in a game that was like, 'you recover hp, but also lose hp lol'

I've heard that theory before, but where did it come from? Also, what would be the point when everyone from mensis fucked off to the nightmare anyway?

I believe it's in the item description of whatever you get from One Reborn, or maybe in some other item descriptions I can't remember right now. I'd also imagine that they would have made One Reborn, realized how horrible a mistake that was, then changed there plans and created a nightmare world.

Or maybe I'm just spouting fanfiction and time is convoluted in the land of Yharnam. Who knows?

It's interesting that you do find the Tonitrus in yarhargul. Feels like a lot of Atchibald's work was done around Yarhargul. I wonder if mensis had it's own hunter workshop somewhere.

I'd rather just break theme at that point. The rifle spear is so boring.

Eh, makes sense. As much as mensis can make sense anyway. I wonder if the head cages actually work or if Mergo's nurse was more just using Micolash for the nightmare cause he was bonkers and willing enough.

Does bloodtinge builds worth it when you can only use half the moveset of 3 weapons? Granted those 3 weapons are gnarly af but does the damage, reach, fun make up for the lack of options?

I'm going to be starting NG+ soon, just how important is it to have really good gems for your build? I have zero interest in running Chalice dungeons and I'm wondering if I'll be okay with just main game gems.

Weren't the cages meant to block out external interference a la tinfoil hat and allow them to "elevate their thoughts"? I imagine it may have been a placebo effect, or maybe the cages did do something. There's probably an answer in item descriptions somewhere but I can't remember off the top of my head if there's anything concrete when it comes to Mensis and how the dream was made.

Basic bitch enemies will take 5-7 hits to kill

You'll get by with Mensis/Hamlet gems but if you go into later NG's, FRC gems will become essential

I mean, if you're min/maxing stats, most builds tend to only get 2-3 dedicated weapons anyway except arc, which ironically gets almost all of them.

>fextralife wiki
AWAY, AWAY

The cages were supposed to be antenna. Allowing one to project their thoughts or something. Mensis is incredibly interesting lore-wise but it seems kinda hard to tell what's legit and what is just them being crazy.

Most of that info isn't wrong.

>mensis
>crazy

Still, it means I can only use the weapons tricked. Obviously the tricked bloodletter and chikage are objectively better than untricked, but it still means I'm stuck using only half the moveset unless I invest heavily in str or skl.

OR

Maybe they're still decently strong with base req and chalice gems. I dunno.

How do I git gud with the Wheel?

You could dick around with untricked on trash mobs if you ever get bored.
I've been using the axe ever since I started this game and since I don't run any blt, I just have it in tricked mode 90% of the time and I've never really gotten bored of it. When you really git gud with a weapon you love, it feels more like a 3rd arm rather than a tool.

>None of the movesets are really close to how a realistic warrior would actually use them.
Blades in DaS3 with the "stance" ability let you use two actual sword fightan' moves, and the Hollowslayer Greatsword's 2H R1's show a semblance of actual technique.
youtube.com/watch?v=EAdokfuI0qM @ 1:09
youtube.com/watch?v=OtT3sjO0ocU

>Srrcing with hunter rune to try and crash co-op
>Everyone's been a good boy

it's all legit, mensis are literally never crazy, micolash is just manic sometimes but everything he says is a reference to a real thing

AMA if you wanna know I'm a lore master

>Apparently Kalameet is a good deal smaller than Midir, for example.
That's just you remembering Kalameet being bigger because he was one of the three hard bosses of DaS. If you see Kalameet and Midir within the same month the size discrepency is obvious.

I'm sorry, I love you Memelash, but did you really think stitching 28 corpses together was going to make a great one? 28 corpses a great one does not make.

Who wrote that letter in Oeden chapel?

>I've been using the axe ever since I started this game and since I don't run any blt, I just have it in tricked mode 90% of the time
What axe has blt scaling in untricked form? Unless you mean no gunz because 2h axe.

Firearms are still useful even without investment anyway for staggering

there's no evidence for it being anyone in particular, and even if it were Iosefka or something it wouldn't really add anything

it's just a church scholar, probably a choir member

>Orphan isn't kin

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I just don't bother with guns much at all. I'm usually shit at getting parries off, so I use rally as my own personal parry.

What is gel?

It's a Great One, duh

>axe rally
It's so delicious, isn't it?

IT WAS ME.
Well, probably not, but I made a short summary of faction motivations a couple months ago a few anons found quite helpful and it included that idea.
My basic reasoning is that the trophy title for beating MP is a reference to the Arthur C Clarke story "Childhood's End," where an entire generation of humanity is born which share a gestalt mind as part of humanity's ascension to unity with the Overmind; this implies that a GO contains a multitude, or even is a race in itself. Mensis, along with literally every other faction, seeks ascension, and their method would seem to be literally melting people together. The Yahar'gul ritual doesn't seem to happen until Rom dies, with the One Reborn not being teleported into the arena but literally born from the ritual just as you enter (making him the first of three infants you kill as bosses).
Added to that, 再誕者 doesn't mean "The One Reborn," it simply means "Reborn." Without that singular there many more ranges of opportunity for inference come up.
The most compelling evidence I've seen for TOR being a Mensis attempt at an Old One is: what the fuck else could he be?

like hair gel?

What's the point in using a gun that isn't blunderbuss or hunter pistol (evelyn for BLT burgers)?

Are repeating, piercing,and Ludwig's rifle so different that they have their own niche?

It's the reason I can never go back to dork souls. Getting off a fully charged spin as some huge fucker is coming at you only to watch him explode away while all your health pops back up is probably the most satisfying thing I've felt in a video game for years.

We've been over this a thousand times, "kin" are all things associated specifically with Byrgenwerth or the Choir.

What the FUCK are the Mad Ones?

No like chalice dungeon gels.
They're like baby Nito's.
They're just there and I've always wondered why.

>chalice dungeon
>They're just there
Whelp.