/fhg/ - For Honor General

Warden nerf is fucking nothing edition

Kept trying to dodge out of the mixup: >New V106 patch incoming, Warden/PK/Shugoki nerfs, Orochi buff

forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-289202-16/

>Leaked Centurion / Ninja Image
imgur.com/a/r8jXO

>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

**ATTENTION CONSOLE BROS**
There is now an official PS4 and XB1 Community!

If you would like to join, search For Honor General (PS4)
For Honor General Official (XB1)
or Message/add TheSteroid386 (PS4) or metalkid267 (XB1) and we will invite you.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/AntbAtX
youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2D7ohWos0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Warden is fucking neutered HAHAHAHHA WHERE ARE ALL THOSE SCREENSHOTS YOU WERE GONNA POST WHEN THE PATCH NOTES CAME OUT?

HAHAAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Reposting for new thread.

Warden:
>Shoulder Bash cancel timing into Guard Break reduced to 300ms before end of startup (from 100ms before end of startup).
>Uninterruptible Stance timing on fully-charged Shoulder Bash startup reduced by 100ms in order to match the revised Guard Break cancel timing.
>Cancelling Shoulder Bash into Idle now causes a 200ms recovery with no defense (Wardens used to cancel out of Shoulder Bash instantly into Idle).
>The fully-charged visual and audio effects, will now only play once the cancel window is closed.
>Non-charged Shoulder Bash recovery on Miss increased to 800ms (from 700ms)
>[Bug Fix] Fixed an issue causing the Warden to spin around on hit with Shoulder Bash

Shugoki:
>Charge of the Oni no longer knocks down on contact
>Charge of the Oni’s 400ms startup is fully dodgeable
>Charge of the Oni trajectory can no longer be adjusted with the left stick
>Shugoki cannot regenerate stamina during Charge of the Oni
PK:
>Light Attack Miss recovery branching into >Chained Light Attack delayed by 100ms.
>Chained Light Attack recoveries on Interrupt Block increased to 700ms (from 600ms).
>Chained Light Attack recoveries on Hit increased to 700ms (from 500ms).

Orochi:
>Hurricane Blast has Uninterruptible Stance.
>Added Uninterruptible Stance Icon to Moveset page.
>[Bug Fix] Fixed rotation so that victim of >Hurricane Blast always faces the Orochi when stabbed.

Lawbringer:
>[Bug Fix] Light attack after Shove can no longer be blocked if opponent changes stance
>Updated Shove attack’s area of effect
>Updated post-Shove Light attack’s area of effect

Berserker:
>[Bug Fix] Fixed issue on Throws causing opponents to get knocked down earlier.

So can we play Warden in peace now without autistic screeching from others?

Wow warden nerf is nothing i can still cancel into gb just not late into the charge

>nerf Warden
>nerf Shugouki
>don't nerf the truly broken meta of this game

Main bullet points for those who don't want to read the article for patch notes:
>Network stability improvements
>Bleed bug fixed
>PK's whiffed first light has an extra delay
>PK's second light now has more recovery, putting her at frame disadvantage if she doesn't commit to chain enders
>LB's shove-light now works properly: the light is unblockable but dodgeable
>Warden's shoulder -> GB cancel requires an earlier cancel
>Warden's shoulder -> neutral cancel now has a hard .2s delay
>Warden's shoulder unblockable visuals are clearer when the cancel window is closed
>Berserker's exhaustion punish combo unjanked
>Orochi's heavy deflect-ripote (Hurricane Blast) now has super armor
>Shugoki's Charge of the Oni no longer knocks down on contact, cannot be steered, does not regen stamina and is fully dodgeable on startup

tl;dr -
>PK's second light, while still fast, is now explicitly unsafe if she doesn't commit to a chain ender
>Warden's shoulder charge mixup is now much tighter and doesn't offer nearly as much leeway as it does now
>Lawbringer's shove-light now works as intended
>Berserker's exhaution punish combo is fixed
>Orochi's heavy deflect-riposte has super armor to let him use his cancels more
>Shugoki's charge is not as oppressive anymore

How bad even is the Warden nerf? I'm having trouble comprehending what is and isn't possible under the new numbers.

Shitposting aside, did this really do anything other than tighten the timings to make the extremes a little less extreme?

GET FUCKED WARDENS

YOU TASTE THAT? THATS THE TASTE OF BULLSHIT SHOULDERBASH GETTING FUCKED

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DLC info?

Why the fuck did they take that hand sword stuff out? Would have gave wardy something a little different.

I'm pretty happy with these nerfs. The timing might be a little severe, hard to tell without playing, but it's hitting the things that made the bash mixup such low risk, so yeah, I'm done complaining for a long time.
I might not have made the penalties quite so severe, maybe cut 75-100ms off.

People can interrupt the bash with a light easier now.

This can still be countered through mental conditioning, i.e. doing two consecutive bashes until they start lighting you, then just do one bash and wait. The first bash was always harder to interrupt than consecutive ones, so it doesn't affect it too badly.

You can still feint-parry slower attacks like Assassin dodge attack.

>Shoulder Bash cancel timing into Guard Break reduced to 300ms before end of startup (from 100ms before end of startup).
Sooo they cant instantly cancel it to gb now?

>Warden nerf numbers released
>It's fucking nothing but pittance number changes by less than a quarter of a second
>Thread losing it's shit about WARDENS BTFO

Well, I'll take it. Shoulder is near untouched, and the retards are sated.

>>Charge of the Oni no longer knocks down on contact
What's even the point of his charge now then?

It's not bad at all you just cant cancel it late into the charge its still a 50/50 and people wills till bitch about it

More or less. Generally speaking, Warden can't GB-cancel nearly as late, and if he cancels back to neutral, there is a hard delay, meaning he cannot instantly parry anymore by cancelling the shoulder.

In short, all the pieces of Warden's shoulder mixup now require more hard commitment than before.

Ya pretty much just tightened timing and you have to commit to one of the possibilties of the vortex. You can't full charge then gb cancel any more. Cancel timings are also stricter.

They still can. They can't cancel it LATE and wait to see whether you dodge or not anymore.

Now you'll just have people laughing at the Warden players who actually thought thought the nerf was just going to be a stamina increase and nothing else

It means they can't cancel to guardbreak as late as they used to.

>Lawbringer is the new Warlord

>all these shitters think warden got nerfed hard
>oni charge no longer has knockdown

Shugoki is the real loser this patch.

NOT FOR RAIDER
GB MY DODGE I FUCKING DARE YOU SEE IF I GIVE A SHIT

>playing shitty Ubisoft pay 2 win peer to peer games

>Warden is the new Lawbringer

DLC info?

This stream is fucking boring

Hardly. Shove from neutral was already really easy to dodge and GB and they're making it even easier now.
Yes I know it's stupid on block we all know it's stupid on block.

>pay 2 win
(you) stop that now

Don't forget about the shoulder charge's unblockable VFX not becoming apparent until after the shoulder is fully committed to. Once the VFX appears, you now know the Warden can no longer cancel the shoulder and can act appropriately.

imgur.com/AntbAtX

The only difference between them is that one gets bash from defence and the other from offence

I bet you're the same retards who play siege, pathetic

Why would you even use Charge now, in any context? Even if you're trying to gank someone in Revenge, Demon's Embrace was always the superior option.

>its fucking nothing
You keep telling that to yourself, buddy

What, no one's going to talk about the Peacekeeper's nerf? She can no longer mash lights without risking a punish, because whiffing the first light incurs a penalty, and the second light is now explicitly more unsafe.

It's not the unblockable effects, its the "this wil guarantee a top heavy if it hits you" effects. The uninteruptable flash and shit.

Plus, this is only about the GB cancel. You can still feint the shoulder with the same timings. They only nerfed how late you could cancel directly into a GB, and how quickly the hard cancel puts you into idle.

Sounds good to me, perfectly willing to wait and try it out before bitching.

>he actually added my king crimson copypasta

youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2D7ohWos0

Cant wait to AD MORTEM these guys to oblivion.

Why are we better friends with /tfg/ than /r6g/?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME UBISHIT?!

FUCK YOU FAGGITS TALKING ABOUT WARDEN

SHUGOKI GOT FUUUUUUCKED HE IS USELESS NOW, USELESSSSSS. HIS ONLY SAVING GRACE. DEAD, OF COURSE NON OF YOU CARE BECUASE YOUR ALL SHITTERS WHO THOUGHT WARDEN WAS OP.

The second light will still be as fast as it is now, but its recovery, both on hit and whiff, is longer now. She must commit to a chain ender or something similar.

>all they did was trim the ends off the shoulder mixups and make it harded to parry from shoulder

Say it with me lads

FUCK BITCHES

since /r6g/ is full of namefags and they all hate ubisoft games that arnet siege sooo

i said countless times that he will be shit after they remove it without compensating

wtf happened to "we want to take is slow to not over nerf/buff someone"?

>nerfing shugoki into utter uselessness

You can still ring out with the oni charge, but the instant knockdown the moment the charge started was what made truly oppressive.

They said a couple weeks ago that the oni charge was always meant to be a "fringe" move, something you occasionally use once in a while, not become one of the most core parts of his kit.

>the more active faction gets the rewards
>winning a round means nothing
TO THE BREACH!

CANCEL BASHES

why are you surprised, this is exactly what they did to conc I suspect they have some changes planned for season 2

To be fair, Oni Charge was some dumb shit. It was more broken than pre-nerf Warlord.

>get guardbroken

lol that Conq went out of stam doing that and super easy to block/parry. But alright.

>Raider was one of the first characters confirmed to have a buff on the way
>Only character that hasn't had any balance changes

GETTING REAL TIRED OF THIS SHIT, UBI. REAL FUCKING TIRED.

>Orochi buff: Hurricane Blast now has super armor
Eh, I'll take it.

did they just forget lol

So who's next on ubi's nerf hammer list? Law once shitters start to complain about turtles shove 50/50s? PK? Make warlord worthless? Who?

Play Bers. Its a Raider on roids

The shove out of neutral is piss easy to dodge though

>Mompollyon statue for whoever wins the raffle

GET IN THERE BOYS ONE OF US NEEDS TO WIN
I WANT SOMEONE TO CUM ON MOMPOLLYON

>Giving away Apollyon statue in today's raffle

>DLC next week

FUCK WE ALREADY KNOW IT YOU FUCKS

>Get reaction parried

How do you even enter

step 1: have a twitch account
step 2: type !raffle in chat

>parrying a guard break
Warden players in a nutshell

You can't reaction-parry anymore. There is now a hard .2s delay on the shoulder -> neutral cancel.

Its hot gluing you newfag

Ya but do you think Lawbringer won't just start turtling now? Especially in 1v1s? Why do you think I said turtle shoves?

Probably just because of the extra animation work involved.

I guess people haven't realized it yet, but LB Shove is the new shitty option-select.

Options after he shoves you:
Shove -> take light attack
Shove -> dodge, and LB guaranteed Long Arm because you're already dodging into guaranteed Heavy, or LB GBs you for free Heavy.

Which is fine, honestly. Being able to cancel and parry a light solely on reaction was nuts. Now, you need to predict they're going to light and cancel just a hair early.

Read thisyou can still parry things like side step attacks

Because it looks clunky, and the extra work animating it for just a bit of flavor wasn't worth it.

It's just an alternative animation for the heavy>heavy chain.

Gb goes into a wall throw tho, and thats most possibly a top heavy+light

That's not an option select. Stop using fighting game terms if you don't know what they mean.

It's just a mixup.

>Remember everyone, don't miss next week. We have some cool stuff coming up.

DLC confirmed?

Law doesn't even have to parry anymore. He gets a fucking 50/50 off of any block.

It's the end of the season next week, and we'll be entering the several-week-long offseason, so that'll give them time to do the slow trickle of season 2 reveals (maps, characters, etc).

Thats what I said. Delay = free GB

They'll start showing off DLC stuff next week.
Expect a fancy timeline of reveal dates that shows silhouettes of each new item until they've been revealed, culminating in the reveal of Centurion and Shinobi.

Maybe if they actually took the time to improve the animation instead of scrapping it at first roadblock would have made it not look so clunky.

So does Orochi have a 50/50 off Deflect now?

You can't interrupt Hurricane Blast anymore. If he lets it rip, you have to dodge or get hit. If he feints it into a GB, you have to NOT dodge.

>known since fucking launch
>we got some NEW CONTENT

Ubisoft games have the asier files to datamine

So, did the patch make LB really good, are people just memeing, or is everyone just retarded?

Why does WL have armor on heavies?

Honestly take that away, tweak his shit so his lights and heavies don't have the same startup and I think he'd be fine

We've known about the Centurion and Ninja since fucking CLOSED BETA, if not earlier. And they're still acting like it's some big fuckoff secret.

what does oni charge even do now? all it ever did was knockdown

Any Orochis actually using their deflect a lot? Deflect is so risky, it's normally not worth it, especially since I used to be a LB, so I'm a parry king.

Anyone talked about that Centurion has Knight Feats, and Ninja has Samurai feats? Always a chance that they're just placeholders, but I'd say it's good indication they're gonna be new Knight and Sam heros.

They do this because casuals likely have no idea about the leaked characters, and they'll be hyped when they get revealed even though we've seen them for months

Yes, Orochi's Hurricane Blast mix-ups are actually usable now that it has super armor. He can either let it rip for big damage, he can GB-cancel, he can dodge-cancel, and he can cancel into the light riposte-stab (Wind Gust).

You know that stumble that would happen when Warden's SB would hit you, but not squarely? Doesn't confirm anything, just makes it so you couldn't punish him?

It's probably going to do that now.

Really? Honestly I think more heavy characyer should have armor on heavys like laws heavy blockable finisher or conqs full charge heavy.

This

Post emblems

Deflect has always been risky, since you're dodging into an attack with tighter-than-parry timing. It's why the reward you get for pulling off a deflect is so large. PK and Valkyrie both get a chunky bleed stab, and Berserker gets a guaranteed auto-GB. Orochi has two deflect-ripostes: Wind Gust (light) for quick unblockable damage, or Hurricane Blast (heavy) for massive unblockable damage that can be cancelled into a GB, dodge or Wind Gust.

With this "Hurricane Blast has super armor" buff, Orochi can now actually use that mixup. Before, you could never use it because people would just smack you out of Hurricane Blast, and there'd be no point to it. Now that Hurricane Blast can't be interrupted, Orochi is now in full control of his own mixup.