/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Didn't respect the Sacred Oath buffed Sacred Chime Hammer
>The Fire Fades trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zKaHQVDjJZQ

>Patch 1.13
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1qJaWg764K8
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/179914
youtube.com/watch?v=uxnIgq23BIQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>soul level arguments

*stuns you through your attack with gaels*
ha, you really thought you could invade at this level?
*deals 75% of your health*
i'll let a minion finish you...
*phantom hits you with ANY weapon while you are stunned and kills you*
too easy, kid....

sl80 is the best soul level and i dont need an argument to prove it :)

sl120 btfo!!!!!

Gwyndolin!

>tell me what went through your mind when you decided that it would be a good idea to invade people who have optimised their builds?
the fact that i'm not shit at the game and need a gigantic amount of crutches to actually win invasions?

i swear I'm almost tempted to go through the entire game again just for Gael's 3rd phase

Anyone knows if DSIII GOTY edition will go on sale for Steam?

>straight sword
>doesn't need crutches
?

To answer Veeky Forumsnons post again in this thread.
Bonfires are real. But it's more than likely not every bonfire is there. Check the description of both the Coiled Sword and the Coiled Sword Fragment.

So the player is the only Ashen One existing as we play? I'm only at Lothric Castle still so I haven't gotten to the juicy LORE bits yet I guess.

Also got that about bonfire travel in the last thread, thanks guys.

Yeah my shitstick that deals 170 damage is a crutch in the world of ultras and poise.

Hand it over. That thing, your Demon's Souls™.

*get hit but has 1500 unembered HP at SL80 so it tickles me*
heh, not bad, but u have much to learn....
*teleports behind u and 3 shots u with Raw DSA*

LOL you needed TWO reds to kill a single host? SL120 babies on suicide watch!!!

Come down to SL80 and you might actually need that second phantom, big guy. The real players are all here waiting for you ;)

Why are people arguing about SLs again?
60 is best for invading cause you get super active areas like Pontiff or the most dangerous place in vanilla, Irithyll Dungeon.
Anything higher is getting into duel territory. As soon as you get into NG+ levels you stop fighting people still making builds and start fighting people optimizing them.

So where is 80SL caster pvp streams? Come on. Show proofs of your epic stories. Pyrobros, come on

Forgot to redirect

Based Gywn

And all this time I thought I was crazy for thinking that he shouldn't be able to do that.

>Why are people arguing about SLs again?

>Here let me also argue about SL again

No.
Sirris and Anri seem to be Ash. I don't know about Eygon, but it's likely that Siegward is too.

What are the best stats for CoTMK? Is dark weapon a requirement for good damage?

youtube.com/watch?v=1qJaWg764K8

Wow high level invasions are so hard.

Hey I do have a SL80 caster. It's quite shit, I must say. I'll try to do some pvp with it.

but user, 2GOLDBADGES

Are you really still complaining about straight swords?

>use great wooden hammer

>tfw approved non cancer

feels good man

Theres nothing to argue about, thats why I said what I said. It is a fact, anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

*it was a hologram and i laugh*
oh so u want to get SERIOUS now....
*summons two lagging T-pose blue phantoms through accord*

how do you respond when you see an sl 120 literal cuckold in your dsg thread

What are the summoning ranges for weapons that only go to +5?

I don't know, haven't played pvp since release
did they fix the r1 spam rollcatching you for no reason or it hitting as hard as an UGS?

it's counted as *2

aka, +3 out of +5 is +6 out of +10

>rolls through your two Ultra swings at 20 endurance

Wrong again, SL80 is an actual build, 120 is memery who want everything to be 40

I must have missed the patch where a +6 raw DSA deals 1000 damage past armor in 2 hits

There's not a terrible lot about Dark Souls 3's abridged and underwhelming lore that's juicy. It's pretty straight forward for the most part and anything that isn't doesn't go very far.

The most compelling thing you could do is examine the intricacies of its characters, which aren't very well developed.

Not gonna lie, former SL80 supporter here. This is fucking hilarious watching SL80> cucks crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let 125 pros get ahold of /dsg/

okay, thank you

>dude if you use anything other than raw, sharp, or heavy you'll do a fraction of the damage
>roleplaying? unique builds? what's that LMAO

Defend this FROMdrones

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/179914

Sl 80 caster

p-pls respond

>Summons 3 phantoms

HAHA, DUDE, SO EASY

>A for you
>A for you

Fuck you, Fromsoftware, ACK ACK ACK

>Wrong again, SL50 is an actual build, 80 is memery who want everything to be 30

They didnt nerf straight swords that much, they just made all the other weapons better
Poise is usable, heavy weapons cost less stamina, and new rings have opened up more options to improve defenses with armor.
Straight swords are still solid, but not 90% of the meta. Sometimes you just really need poise.

sometimes having fun means you won't be doing the most damage

i laugh with him about sl80 peasants while i'm fucking his wife and then invite him to my fight club

fight club FIRE UP THOSE RED SIGNS fight club

PC - CHURCH OF (SPEARS)FILIANORE FRONT STEPS, SL 120

fight club FIRE UP THOSE RED SIGNS fight club

Password, dsg

>Sirris and Anri seem to be Ash.

Hey that would explain why they appear and disappear at Firelink, since it's basically a disconnected island. Not sure about Siegs though, since he beats the bucket after we get Yohrm.

Also guess who's save file got corrupted.
>36 hours

Oh well. At least I can start as Knight instead now, after learning from you guys its the best choice for any lategame build.

>heavy infusion
>weapon weight remains the same
??? ???

Redpill me on spears/pikes. And is it possible to make a faith character based on them?

Siegward outright says he's unkindled after you kill the Fire Demon together

TRIGGER WARNING

deep is actually good at low SL
>low stat requirement
>people tend to have low dark defense

What's your favorite non-meme weapon or spell?

it says 2 weeks but ive only started to play again a week ago. my brain feels weird and i stopped having fun days ago

Don't forget SS and shield is top japanese meta. You can do all flashy moves like
>block RUGS L1
>backstep > backstab

Except it's not, because low-level players start off with disproportionally high elemental defense relative to the damage of low upgrade level elemental weapons

>start new char
>grab sunlight medal
>put my gold sign down at Vordt
>host enters boss room and watches the whole cutscene and dies before i can even run to where Vordt spawns

What the fuck is with people?

I use one as a secondary on my shitty valkyrie build. Longsword for actual fighting, lightning spear for when the other guy starts up the perpetual roll machine. It kinda works, I guess.

Is this the best cutscene in the history of the series?

>youtube.com/watch?v=uxnIgq23BIQ
I can't think of anything that comes close to it.

>The atmospheric music
>The sound effects
>The contrasting color palette during the transition
>The cinematography
Fucking awesome. I'm also a sucker for characters like Ariandel, a simple minded, almost childlike gentle giant, and once he gets serious, he gets SERIOUS.

>non meme

uhhhh

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

dagger

The main reason I feel like Siegward might be Ash (he is, at the very least an Undead) is because he knows and is friends with Yhorm.

>Hey that would explain why they appear and disappear at Firelink, since it's basically a disconnected island.

It'd be cool if it did, but it doesn't.
Karla, Orbeck, Cornyx, Greirat, Patches, Eygon, Yuria, and Yoel can all go there too, and we know for certain one of those people is not an Unkindled, because one of them goes Hollow and Unkindled do not Hollow under normal circumstances.

>he didn't summon 2 more phantoms
more than 80% of the game's playerbase beat it with 3 phantoms carrying their ass through levels and bosses

dagger is meme
>handmaid dagger

Cathedral Knight Greatsword or Bastard Sword
Dark Edge

yet more bullshit

the ebin fallen knight set has a mere 19 dark defense

the knight set has 19 aswell

Oh, I'm retarded.

That's right! I just didn't think much of it because I didn't realize it meant being this special thing, I just though everybody else around, except firekeepers also rose from ashes at one point, considering Andre, Patches and others were still alive after centuries or even millennia apparently.

post top tier PVP tech

you forgot this word

>kino

honestly i'm partial to the 35 meta of crucifixion woods, and invading as a purple guarantees a group fight

>tfw get bullshit backstabbed and the other guy does the collapse emote

what did he mean

What goes on here?

Yeah, it's a good scene.
Elfriede and Ariendel in general are a pretty interesting set of characters.

Sl 120 cucks btfo

I know DSG has forgotten, but here's how an actual build looks like

>It's literally just a vid of 2 parries but we're going to pretend it's high speed gameplay because he's facing the wrong way.

>Dante
>fallen knight
How many FK users do you think are completely self-aware? Because it really just seems to be a joke now.

It means the other guy realised it was bullshit too

>35

try 30 faggot

I tried this yesterday on xbox one. It was nothing but maximum optimized twink builds with 2 friendly phantoms and DLC armor and weapons.

how the fuck anyone can recommend a low SL for invading I will never know. it was only possible during the first week this game was out because everyone was new.

I've been liking the Saint Bident, though I still need to get around to Lightning infusing it.

Coincidence, or LORE?

>Siegward might be Ash
I believe he says "We Unkindled..." at one point

>DSG
nice
>caestus
nice
>that build
nice

Left: ADP
Right: A literal carbon-copy of the Undead Settlement in low-poly render.

where are the signs at you fucken donkeys

It's a shame spears are so shit for PvE

quick, call vaati

>Spend nearly an hour farming blues and fucking around with a friendly host
Who /comfy/ here?

at low sl you can still do decent chip damage with crossbows and firebombs

he does switch weapons really fast during those parries, though.

That cant be ADP though
ADP is in the middle of a fucking mountain range
It isnt Iron Keep

tfw you live to see the day where sl 120 retards were put on literal suicide watch

>sl 120
>sl 80

kek, come up to sl 350 when you really want to pvp

there's too much negativity here, so name ONE(1) thing dark souls 2 did right.

I prefer a little more slots
why farron dart over great farron dart?
is it the same shit as homing soulmass over great homing soulmass?

? what's the watchdog meta? is it 30?
I'm at sl 19 and don't get summoned much.