/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.co
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX)
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki
dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba
dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
multiplayerrobot.co
steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

spiders still aren't strategy

YOU FUCKING SPIDER CUNT

recomend spacial gaem

Hey guys was going to suggest these changes to the OP

What do you think?

The spider guy beat me to it

---

Mysteries of the Universe edition

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris
- Future FAQ Pastebin goes here
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1 by user pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- (Outdated?) Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- (Outdated?) Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- District Cheat Sheet hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.co
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX)
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread :

Aurora 4X

>everyone hates spider threads
>spider OP waited until page 10
>no one else made a new thread
I think we deserve this.

The time it takes to gene-mod a species is determined by your Society research, right?

Would it be advisable to build a habitat and fill it with research buildings to make gene-modding, and research in general, go faster?

You don't need to be complaining about spider bro if you can't be fucked to make a thread

swear ya'll would have us falling off the 10th page

Nothing can be as bad as that retard.

I was going to but I barely opened the thread when spider-user did it

Thanks user

To a point. You get diminishing returns the more you build, but the increase in tech price also diminishes.

>spider guy
At least call me Spider Man.

And if nobody minds your OP, I'll use it next thread.

Thank you for saying it how it is.
My secret dream is to trigger someone so badly that they'll consider it their sacred duty to keep the thread up, while having the impression they're helping. And also to convert people to the spider faith.

The frigates are a nice addition and both carrier type ships are cool

not to mention the playable leviathans that got added in update 5

Am I fucked?

No because AI rebellion is the easiest crisis.

How are those, anyways? It sounds like a dumb gimmick though I always wanted to raise a fleet of Ether Drakes.

Unless he was going for that 75% of 200+ population is synths achievement

Actually I took a second look at that chart and it's misleading. The last two data points have the same science output but one has 5 extra 20-tile planets.

Depends on how many synths your empire has.

I have no fucking idea , you need to build them i think but only after having defeated the original

I haven't make it to the points were leviathans are kill able yet , the mod got updated for pirates just a few day ago

If Veeky Forums would be in some game, it would be a fallen empire in stellaris.

Which type though?

>Start a game with 3 friends
>Clustered player start turned on
>Right after game starts, pirates, hijacked ships, and cultists all up in my shit
>Friend stationed north of me gets notifications that the cultists "invading him" are being destroyed despite never encountering him
>Start spreading south since no other option in a spiral 4arms
>Every planet has either pirates next with 4k+ or culitsts with 2-3k+

Good start.

>not bronze age roach civ on some toxic planet

The militarist that likes to fight with people to humiliate them.

Seems the Unbidden needs reworking.

They've only taken over about 1/5 of the galaxy and have stacks of 4x 60K fleets on every route into their territory. A FE has awoken but is doing nothing to attack them, and the other empires are just going about business as normal.

I'm just going to cheat desu since it's practically impossible to defeat them.

Playing with friends is OP so having a rough start is nice. I did a MP session a while back but we didn't get very far, the guy who hosted had by far the worst start and yet ended up the most powerful of us because me and the other guy were close by and had to share systems, and we were basically complacent while he was fighting tooth and nail to expand from the start.

>playing space cat pirates
>fanatic militaristic/authoritarian
>conquer some mushroom guys
>recently conquered, they're very rebellious
>unrest causes one planet to shift towards militaristic, another to authoritarian
Wut

r8 my ethics

>play MP to be buddy buddy with others

That's not how you MP

Oh also:
>Start has 3 planets in border
>One has no resources
>Rest have no energy resources
>Stars are so awkwardly scattered nearby that theres no smart use for frontiers.

If it wasn't for my Unityfagging this would have been salvageable.

Just experienced a sudden drop in mineral income. What happens? I wasn't attacked or demolished any building.

>not doing a comp stomp with your bros
If MP games were more common then I'd probably want to be more competitive about it, but it's hard organizing an MP session with more than 2 people which makes it rare.

cheat/er

It tells you why in the event pop up.

>tfw no bros to MP with

consumer goods ? maybe your props are reproducing fast and your mineral production stays the same

Have you done any edicts? Also did you move your fleet out of docking?

They're both playing megacorps so they're more advanced and have absurd amounts of money compared to me.

I shoulda went militarist like I originally intended.
Ended up doing pacifist xenophobe spiritualist hahaha kill me

Yeah never go pacifist in MP sessions. It's either gonna end with you fighting against the other human players or you all ganging up to take on the galaxy.

Do you usually try to fill all traditions? The perks don't seem that great when you have your ascension path + habitats, and diplomacy and supremacy seem quite useless given that I wanna conquer everyone

>Cheating in a single player game

WEW LAD
Seems you need to gitgud

See this is why i'm an authoritarian militarist.
These poor xenos NEED my guidance.

Consumer goods and ship upkeep are the only two things that really detract from mineral income. If you changed your living standards for one of the species in your empire to a higher standard, it would increase the consumer goods penalty on your mineral income, similarly if your population is rapidly expanding it would also tax your mineral income more. And obviously you'd know if you were building lots of ships.

How do you fuck up that bad? Unbidden are super easy. Every time I encounter them I barely even have to fight because they get wiped out so fast.

Well thats okay.
We're probably going to restart anyways because one of the other two is new to the game and doesn't understand everything yet, and is experimenting with ethics.

What kind of military build would YOU guys recommend?
Not to say that I just want to straight up purge them or anything, but hey, the option to put them in their place if needed would be nice.

Not really sure what I could do to "git gud."

Their numbers are so overwhelming I have to have a ~100-150k fleet to defeat just one of their doomstacks.

They spawned the other side of the galaxy and the other empires wouldn't let me through until at last I got complete access recently.

>supremacy seem quite useless
Just by adopting it you get +20% border range, which is always nice. And if you want to conquer people then why wouldn't you take supremacy? It lowers warscore costs and fleet upkeep among other things. Diplomacy is pretty garbo though, mostly because diplomacy is a joke in Stellaris.

No, you need a 70k fleet to defeat ALL of their doomstacks. One by one.

Oh god, I meant domination

A 70k fleet to defeat a 240k doomstack? Seems a bit ambitious even with the guardians of the galaxy perk.

>Just by adopting it you get +20% border range
That extra 20% is fucking insane. Just took it for the first time today and all you need to do is just colonise worlds next to another Empire and eat them alive while they bitch and moan at you.

Domination is definitely more niche, but it has some nice options in it. I especially like the one that boosts governor skill level and gives you 2 more leader slots.

Kinetic artillery and giga cannons with a corvette swarm to hold their fleet in place

this is relevant and autistic

Reminder: This is how you treat conquered Fallen Empires

Wasn't that done on purpose?

I have all of those along with focused arc emitters and it didn't do too much. Made a dent but the numbers were too overwhelming.

That's basically the main reason to go Domination, imo.

>jump doomstack to portal
>if anyone is in the way, declare war
>kill unbidden

if you don't have a big enough doomstack, you're not playing right. i had a 350k one the last time they showed up; i mopped the floor with them

no, it was done in haste. The last two points were supposed to show the effect of a few more planets once you had a whole bunch. I mostly did the chart for me, but I figured someone else here might be interested in seeing it.

>not keeping them as 'domestic' slaves

good question. Militant Isolationists is most likely option.

Seems a bit constrictive to spend time building up a huge deathstack every game just to defeat the unbidden desu especially since that requires extensive expansion.

>not Nerve Stapling them
>not integrating them into the Hivemind

>Hard AI gets plus FIFTY percent to evertyhing, including research
Why is this allowed?

I just got Endless Space and I'm not very good, but good enough to enjoy with friends. I've played a custom automaton and blockaded myself in and waited for wonder victory, which worked out.

Now I want to try a more militaristic game, so I'm building a custom Hissho faction. Here's what I have:

>Big Fleets ++
>Deadly Weapons +++
>Masters of Destruction ++
>Isotope Fabrication +
>Advanced Machining +
>N-Way Fusion Plants +
>Mineral Rich +
>Headhunter - Pilot +
>Dust Archaeology +
>Dust Impaired --
>Sloppy Sawbones --
>Eternal War -

My goal is obviously to maximize my fleet power while also starting with an ok industry so I can actually make the fleets early. I'm looking for some recommendations on how to better this build though. I've played the first few turns a few times and it seems like I might need to drop something for optimistic +, any thoughts? Core mining + might also be something to switch out for, for the sake of building fleets earlier and also expansion.

Not really, I was playing tall that game. Once you have enough habitat spam up, which doesn't take any more than a few decades, you'll be gaining so much energy you'll need to trade it all to a merchant outpost before you start hitting the cap. I assembled that fleet in less than a decade.

"difficulty"

I live with mine just fine.My race is superior synth with real intelligence, not AI bullshit, best of both worlds.

Sounds like I should go for habitats more often

>FEs just deal double damage on insane
FUCK OFF PARADOG

>Perk for Habitats so you can get Mega-Engineering to appear on your research list
>Perk for Dyson Spheres
>Perk for Ringworlds
>Perk so you can afford them
>Game ends before you can build any of them

Who the fuck thought this was a good system

>tfw your border pushes theirs back and you get free mining and research outposts

awwww yis

Did your leader change?

They might have had a bonus to mineral production.

so guys

how do I early game in stellaris? I'm gonna start up a game tonight or tomorrow, once I get a chance and the in-laws are gone, but so far I've only played a few multiplayer matches with a buddy, and we always have to stop just after getting destroyers

>not having a habitat over very planetary body by 2350 at the latest
kys cuck baka desu senpai

It's fucking good isn't it? Reminds me of Civ 4 culture devouring.

So, is it evil to play as a species that believes they exist in a state of grace, and want to bring other species into that state with them, so they conquer and genetically modify entire species so that everyone in the empire has the same genetic traits that just so happen to make them content, productive slaves?

>Fighting much stronger enemy
>fly a single corv into his territory
>his entire fleet pulls back to kill it
>fly the corv out
>fleet turns back and starts attacking again
>keep flying in and out
I might not win this war, but neither will you, xeno scum

There is nothing wrong with slavery.

Hmm ? get the important early game tech ( influence and tier II mine/energy plants) then priorise weapons , shields and trusters/ftl

keeping a strong army means that enemy AI wil l think twice before declaring war , then you can choose when to war yourself

>Not having habitats by 2257
casuals

Eventually they'll start to sue for peace and it will take you 100 influence each time to say no.

I did what you did.

>Cheap as shit S/S/S corvettes with maxed evasion.
>Cheap as shit L/M destroyers with maxed tracking.

I'm coming for you, galaxy.

Unless you're authortiarian and use caste system you won't be able to keep them content from an RP prespective unless you nerve staple them which isn't really keeping them content.

>taking perks

I shiggy wiggy

Yeah, they're fucking broken. Once the Build Habitat -> Get Energy -> trade for Minerals -> Build Habitat feedback loop gets going, you'll only stop when you're tired of building and then colonizing them. I think that game I was pulling 1.5k energy a month before I decided it was time to anschluss a nearby FE. After I did the synth ascension, I was at nearly 3k a month. I finally just quit because trading the energy was getting tedious.

Think of it this way.

The species 'homo sapiens' believes that 'Humanity' exists in a state of grace.

'Humanity' has a collection of genetic traits, and so 'homo sapiens' wants to spread 'Humanity' to as many species as possible by genetically altering them to possess those same traits.

With the time it takes to build, you won't have one in 2257 either.

>spawn near the core
>Exit to Menu

>Hope to god DoW3 isn't bad so I have something other than Stellaris to play
>Beta day comes
>its shit

is the core bad desu?

Oh, no.

What's that matter with it?

It just isn't comfy.
Too dense and hektik.

please be rusing or /v/eddit

I'm legit sorry to hear that, user. It's never good to be let down by something you pinned hope to. Maybe there's another type of game you've never played before that you could get into.