/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Summer Fun Edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/

>Official News & Known Issues
Mid-Season Reinforcements deployed on March 15th.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/reinforcements.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-2-13-2017

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/news/world/inside-world-s-first-all-female-special-forces-unit-norway-n746041
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for blitz and IQ romance options

USAS for SK ops?

please?

nth for patiently waiting for that finished IQ from draw friend.

xth for best girl

5th for maid operators when?

After a drawfriend ships my dream

Action key to hide your fucking hand when

It's a possibility since that shotgun was in Raven Shield. I'm expecting the K11

Hiding objective/friendly markers when ADS or aiming in their direction fucking WHEN

>alien tier meme gun

With ubisofts newest operators and their designs, you might just get it.

its' too bad the shotguns are absolute dogshit in this game

Is there any Op that is currently straight up garbage?

>THIS
FUCKING WHEN

Except they're not

you're absolute dogshit

Castle, in that 9/10 times someone chooses him they have zero clue how to use him

Shotguns are for breaching, and close tight objectives. You really shouldn't "main" shotguns, except for operators that have machine pistol secondaries.

Tachanka
Castle and Kapkan for the most part

Is it really the character's fault that people can't play him?

Or is ther just not much Castle can do that's helpful?

No, not really.

But that doesn't make it any less rage inducing when you get castled up in the objective or have the windows randomly castle'd only to be fuzed or breached because you can't do dick about it.

Is this literally a shotgun with an underbarrel assault rifle?

Its a worst korea version of the IOCW, so small airbust grenade launcher with smart fuzing on top of a regular rifle.

Assault rifle with top mounted 25(?)mm airburst grenade launcher. It's analogous to the OICW

>vek
>no TS

if i wanted the opinion from the trench i'd buy some crayons and ask you guys which color is tastiest

Not really honestly. All of the operators are good at SOMETHING. If you're judging whether or not an operator is better than another based on now many things they're good at, then maybe. I'd say that both blitz and mountain man are meant for pushing the obj, but mountain man right now is better because of his not-fucked-beyond-belief hitboxes.

Castle is a better example of someone that really isn't a very good pick on some modes but really good at others. He can't be used effectively on secure area because fuze, the destroyer of hostages, will bork your entire team if you barricade obj room. On the other hand, he's almost a must have on hostage for the same reason. It forces fuze to respect the hostage room and prevents knocking boards out for an ez glaz or ash peek.

Honestly, Tachanka and castle are probably the worst picks simply because they're so niche. They can be used really effectively by good players, but that's the thing. They're not inherently good. It takes experience and skill to squeeze something out of them. IQ is a bit like that in regards to the knowledge required to use her gadget effectively. Blitz is also a more skill based operator, since you don't have the luxury of invincibility, which requires the player to time their actions and stay vigilant for flanks.

TLDR; No operator is garbage. Many are niche.

>clientside corpses
>player 1 shoots a corpse, for player 2 there is no corpse there, the guy is shooting the floor
>blood still appears for player 2 too
It's almost like they intentionally tried to fuck up at every single aspect possible

Castle can be great on secure area.

Its just people use him on the objective room rather than fucking with the attacker's advance through another part of the map, slowing them down or forcing them to use breaching tools.

Some maps this doesn't work on though, for obvious reasons.

are iq nails red or pink?

Might be the lighting, but they look pink.

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

come over and play with your favorite shitposters like Hoesof, Multi, Snake and Boogie

thanks user

hot pink

Practically half the cast can hard-counter castle and the rest can just melee the barricade down if given like 10s alone. However, if what you want to do is temporarily slow down the attackers or make them waste gadgets then he works fine unless there's a Sledge, in which case he'll bust down your barricades and still have plenty of uses of his hammer. He's also extremely map and location specific. So it's kinda both, there isn't that much he can do and most people are retarded.

I mean a good thing is put down the barricade on a door, and then shoot any little feet that show up.

I like using Castle to barricade the enemy into narrow hallways, giving them fewer options in terms of positioning, or alternatively slowing them down/forcing them to make a lot of noise. Castle/Mute make for a good combo too.

Castle can be pretty gud if you know how to play him. Aye, there's the rub.

>this general isn't complete fucking garbage like the rest of Veeky Forums

How about castle's barricades being instakillable by HALF of the attacking ops, no matter how smartly and effectively his barricades are placed? Sledge is a solid pick in any situation, ash is picked in 9 out of ten rounds, there are twitch, thatcher, fuze, glaz which are all picked on a regular basis - so the attacker team is pretty much guaranteed to have at least one op (and often more than one) that completely nullifies castle's ability.
>jammed castlecades
Yes, you can jam them to stop some ops from going through, but first, there are ops that counter mute (and they all come from the "often picked" section), and second, an operator which requires another specific operator in order to be relevant is simply bad.

>and second, an operator which requires another specific operator in order to be relevant is simply bad.
By that logic aren't thermite and hibanna bad operators because you should pair them with twitch or thatcher?

redpill me on blitz

Report Hoesof posts (documentable avatarfag)
Remove TS from the general OP
Do NOT respond to TS posters
Do NOT respond to TS threads

Like I said, attackers using up tools (other than sledge) to open up castle barricades is kind of the point.

Less options attackers have and the more they invest in opening up shit that doesn't really matter the better, especially if you place them on a flank that gets ignored until the end and keep someone out entirely.

Broken hitbox and unreliable flash feedback makes him more of gamble then a useful operator, hitbox are changed in the test servers so that might have been fixed but the flash still unirealiable since people only get a minor flash at distance so the animation plays out but they can see you clearly

You can go ham on the enemy team if you have wicked map knowledge and awareness, general gamesense, breaching in areas good for shields and blinding motherfuckers

But even still you're probably going to get domed very quickly

His flash is inconsistant. Good players with ACOG will blow your hands (off killing you). His hitboxes are broken right now, should be fixed soon (tm). You are usually better of picking Montagne. But he's fun and if you play well still gets the job done and kills operators.

Biltz is the best pick

his gun is way more accurate in hipfire than montanages P9

True but that requires 3 things
>the enemy Op to not be one of the many that doesn't give a fuck about castlecades
>for you to be near the castlecade
>for you to be able to safely get a view of their feet
It definitely works if all three of those criteria are met but usually they'll have a Sledge or Buck or someone else that can just absentmindedly destroy it. I personally like using his castlecades to block off any cover they might want, like a side room in a hallway, so they can't shimmy in and out of cover and try to prefire anybody. I find people are much less likely to waste time/gadgets on a seemingly random castlecade than one that's actually in the way of their route to the objective.

i dont think buck can destroy niggercades

what about the booru guy?

>frag grenades

Once """mastered"" the ACOG I cant go back to holo
fuck me

What's the difference between the 1x scopes?

reticle and cost

I just bought and played apex protocol DLC for arma 3. One of the additions is a prototype twin rifle with two barrels, two mags, two triggers etc, with one barrel chambered for regular 6.5mm rifle round with 30 round mag (the majority of assault rifles in the game are chambered for 6.5mm), while the other barrel is chambered for .50 BMG with 10 round mag, to use against cars, MRAPs, other lightly armored vehicles and such.
How would such concept work in siege?

Frags

>Attack
>Think to myself "Is this a situation where I'd shine with Glaz?"
>If not, pick Sledge

>Defense
>Think to myself "Is this a situation where I'd shine with Frost?"
>if not, pick Rook

do you have any particular mindset when picking operators?

>Attack
>"Do I want to win?"
>Pick Ash

>Defense
>"Do I want to win?"
>Pick Jäger

>if we dont have reinforced breachers, pick hibana
>otherwise buck
And on defense I usually wait for my team to pick their ops and then take the role which nobody took. And if there isnt such a role, then I pick Doc. Doc shines anywhere, Doc shines anytime.

>attack
>can I buck?
>if not, whatever
>defense
>can I fuck up people with no reinforce mirror?
>if not, rook

So basically buck with glaz's rifle instead of shotty? Might be a fun op if you balance him/her right.

Good point, but I don't think that puts him ahead of montagne.

I just try and base my picks off what I think would be useful and based on my teams picks unless i'm in the mood for a certain op

There's a sizeable pool of characters I'll play for each, but a lot of the time it'll come down to needing Thermite because of potential X objective placement or Thatcher/Twitch to make way for Thermite. Otherwise it's good ol' Ash because 3 speed & fuck Deployable Shields.

Defense it's either Rook because nobody took him, Smoke because he's solid as fuck, or Mute because we need somebody to cuck Thermite.

My brain does not recognize triangles as a valid targeting recticle, as much as I want to use it.

"What role is missing"
>If none then pick whoever I feel like since I don't need to worry about the team lacking anything, might double up on a role just for the safety of redundancy
>If one role is unfilled then pick someone that fills that role since not having that role filled could fuck us
>If more than one role is missing then fuck it, pick whoever I feel like since this will either be a shitshow or work regardless of who I pick

But you cant cuck thernite with mute when thatcher is present, and he always is. I usually jam castlecades (if present) and drone pathways so that they cant scout the area and then rush in prefiring everything.

>used to play tf2 before i moved on to cs go, to payday 2 and finally to siege
>because of my game history, in payday 2 and siege i always assumed that the reload taking longer when you run out of bullets and the extra bullet when not reloading from an empty mag were put in as a gameplay feature
>in order to reward/encourage players to reload early (before the mag runs out of ammo) by giving them a faster reload and an extra bullet
>that's also why some games (like tf2 and cs go which was multiplayer) have this feature and others (like payday 2 which was a horde shooter) didn't.
>tf2 and cs go which were multiplayer didn't have this feature because it would be unfair to people who mag dump vs those who didn't
>whereas with payday 2 which was a horde mode shooter where it would reward you for not mag dumping into the horde and carefully managing ammo
>discussing siege with my friends one day
>repeat what i said about early reloads
>say i find it odd for siege to have this since it's multiplayer and the reload thing works better for horde/co-op shooters
>one of them says "you know that's done for realism, right?"
>what
>he explains to me that in guns if you run out you have to chamber another round, which is why reloading takes longer if you run out of bullets and you're missing the 1 extra
>he also says that's why there's no extra round for revolvers or non-magazine shotguns
>did not know this or think about this for 5 years
>5 years
>mfw he told me

>tfw figured this out by yourself because I have an interest in firearms and other weaponry
Shame guns are illegal in my country, even though I agree with them being illegal it's still a shame.

nbcnews.com/news/world/inside-world-s-first-all-female-special-forces-unit-norway-n746041

shit posters on suicide watch

Yes, Alexander the Great was a women. So was Cincinnatus of Rome.

>go MVP for two games in a row as Recruit with M870 rushing the objective

Felt good man.

Both smart and incredibly dumb at the same time.

Fucking rekt.

>when you're holding an angle but your team opens a wall that give the whole map a sightline on you

wew

Y E A R T H R E E

>To qualify for the Jegertroppen, applicants have to run about four miles carrying 60 pounds of military gear in under 52 minutes. That's just three minutes less than their male counterparts who have to do the same thing in under 49 minutes.

Gotta account for shorter strides due to average female height being smaller than that of a man.

>Gotta account for
no

Men and women are equal you fucking bigot

>tfw this happens with every Mira ever

please can someone just get good with her instead of putting windows in very obvious spots that ruin good angles

I pick Mira often, and some rounds I don't even use my gadget, or I run off the objective and set them up somewhere else.

the uniforms and helmets one is able to purchase with renown might be the laziest customization options i've seen in a AAA title. finally got some renown banked and it's all straight garbage.

JUST USE THE SAME FUCKING PICTURE OR NAMEFAG SO I CAN FILTER YOU ALREADY!!!

>Visible hair
>Ear protection or radio headset
>Eye protection
>Half mask with/without mouth hole
>Whatever the Norwegian camo is called
How could the devs not add them to the game for next year? Literally perfect for Siege since they would be visually distinct from the current operators

So you have never wondered why the soldier/operator pulls that little lever thing when reloading from a full mag dump, but doesn't when you reload early?

no like i said i always thought of it as a gameplay mechanic. the pull back lever was part of making the reload longer when mag dumping compared to not pulling when not mag dumping.

thanks for the feedback. sent to the team~

oh my christ user

Nice meme forces, maybe next time a country that's actually involved in a real conflict should try this and see where it gets them.

So apparently there's only 10 people playing ranked in the plat rank area at the moment? Got the same fucking enemy team 3 times in a row now.

It's lonely at the top.

>leafs simultaniously lose connection to the TS
THE DAY OF THE RAKE IS HERE

>not purposefully playing low ranks to get all the fun dudes and fun plays

I have not been able to find a TH match (for challenges obviously) in 3 weeks. What is going on?

Did sledge throw it before he died or did someone fling that from ages away?

Just do challenges in Lone Wolf, especially if it's stuff like 3 headshots, you can even kill yourself after