Wargames General /wgg/

Nebelwerfer edition

>What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical wargames that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals. ARMA need not apply.

>Attention Grabbing tags:
/wgg/ /sdg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Wargame: Red Dragon
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Panthers MBT
CMANO

>Introduction to Steel Division:
paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-player-guide/

>Graviteam Tactics Downloads:
pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h (embed)
pastebin.com/cgWbuPSS (embed)

>Interesting history links:
Cold War military technology ads:
vintageadbrowser.com/military-ads-1980s
/wgg/ misc Cold War literature:
mediafire.com/download/zfm69f0k91pmf0y/wgg-lit-v1.3.rar
The Soviet Army: troops, organization & equipment
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf
USMC intelligence North Korea handbook:
fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkor.pdf
Everything there is to know about the T-62:
thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.my/2015/12/t-62.html

>Teamspeak server
ts3.nogf.moe

>Legacy Wargame General pasta and game-info repository:
pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m (embed)
dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/watM75d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Realism is not a valid argument
t.madmat

I literally ambushed a fucking m10A1 with my panther D from the SIDE from forests and it somehow fucking one shot my panther D

SD is wonky as fuck

From the ultra slow vehicles and infantry almost immediately getting pinned down after coming under fire to the unbalanced units like jumbos and allied tanks, this game is bullshit which I'll probably refund

Mow/SD discord
discord.gg/watM75d

But I was told by /wgg/ the current accuracy model is extremely reliable and a very good part of the game with absolutely no flaws and any changes to it would completely ruin the game.

Literally nothing wrong with the accuracy model
Anyone who says otherwise will get "respectfully disagrees" and probably hates France and Eugen
t. MadMatt

Also, the French division will be equipped with AMX-50s as their primary armor support since they would have had those by '43 at the latest if the Germans hadn't sneak attacked us

temper your rage by posting more painted ww2 images like that senpai

Did the U.S have M24 Chaffee's by Normandy?

no, but there was account where group of m24s killed 3 panthers in less than 30 seconds which clearly states it will break the game balance and is OP by all standards

>cried about nebels instead of not blobbing
>now crying they don't get more armored toys

Is there anything worse than allied players?

10v10 players

look at the fucking AT tab of 3rd and tell me thats okay when they had the 803rd attached to them since omaha

>I don't see anything wrong with this and i think it's fair.

t. delusional wehraboo

where are the fucking AMERICAN TANK DESTROYERS

see

Are there any good campaigns for Men of War?

No. The original Men of War had a dynamic campaign generator though

What's their phase a armor look like

WHY WERE M10s OPEN TOPPED?!

Literally does not exist, the only armored vehicle in phase A is the Puma armored car with the 50mm cannon.

Gotta go fast

Oh, what's that? You thought infantry AT could penetrate Jumbos frontally? Nope. Literally 0% chance.

Just flank or c4 :^)

Anyone have the issue where the screen just goes black if you tab out? The music keeps playing but the games never re-loads itself.

Really fucking annoying

If they are going to do this, they should at least put an AP value for AT infantry. I don't even know how many times this has happened to me.

even more secret stats
never change frenchmen

alt-enter x2

what did they mean by this?

>when the tank rush meets the maluyka line

i won my first gaem lelelel

Ah thanks

PLAY MOW WITH ME PLEASE

better crew awareness, who needs a cupola when the commander and gunner can just stick their head out the roof? they are going to be in a ambush position anyway + makes the tank go faster

lol fuck off kiddos,this is a Steel Division general, not a 'dead games' general

ww2 is so 1938 man the cold war is where it's at

One bofors puts out enough suppression to see off a HS in one pass

>oh please please buff AA, I can't shoot down anything!

Is the new Callo fDuty /wgg/

are you the guy that posted the airborne deck earlier?

everyone was experimenting with all sorts of weird suboptimal shit back then until they ditched it all and settled on mbts

yes i am indeed it seemed to work out well enough but shit got hairy when i realized what was going on back here and TOWspammed but it all ended up working out

cheers for your advice

>'TOW'
>clearly soviet

>RTS symbols

wire operated missiles or some shit they're perfectly analogous to the SACLOS stuff of nato

my terminology is shite fuck filth

get mad but don't worry because i have no more screenshots

The thing I hate the most about RD is not the cancerous meta or the hon hon hon je me le caesar ;)

The thing I hate the absolute fucking MOST is the disgusting terrain and the god-awful brown filter placed over everything. Why the fuck does every fight have to take place in buttfuck nowhere with red sand and mountains for days? Why can't we fight in Norway or in mainland Europe for a change? Where did all the lush, bright maps of EE and ALB fuck off to? Why is literally every nation on the planet fighting over some huts in Southeast Asia?

Normandy is am improvement, but I'd still prefer the Fulda gap over France.

>durr why are all the red dragon maps in east asia
>why can't it just be in europe again like the last two games?

I think maps like paddy or tough jungle don't look that Asian. That everyone always plays bloody ridge isn't a flaw of the game.

>/rts/
who else DoW3 beta hee

>eugene will never get their shit together and make a proper WG4 in europe with all of SD's enhancements

It's shit. Hardly an RTS. More like a MOBA.

>DoW3
>relic
We play real games here

can you explain how the gameplay lends to your views on it?

>DoW3
take your shitty 3 faction pseudo-MOBA elsewhere

Is there really no way to know if the enemies radar is on when you send a SEAD aircraft?

I keep losing them because they fly right at it and never launch.

IRL they would know if it was on or not

post it nobody can stop you

enabled AA gets spotted from much longer than the SEAD's firing range, so if you're not spotting anything it means they're disabled
it's a bad idea to use SEAD as a farming tool anyway, you should send it after your other planes to protect them, kills are incidental to that role

well just now I had an Ottomatic spotted by other units, sent SEAD at it, it never fired because obviously its radar was off and then it died.

I guess I just have to micro it and see if it fires at the range it should and break it off if it doesn't?

Thats kind of dumb.

first, otomatics have relatively short range, so even if it was on it wouldn't have fired at your plane before being destroyed

second, because of a bug sead can shoot at any spotted radar AA; the on/off thing just controls whether the SEAD will magically spot it, so even if the oto was off you can still shoot it if it's spotted

as for microing, you should always break off regardless of whether it fires. You determine the furthest possible location from the aa net where you'll still be in firing range, tell the plane to go there and evac - going any deeper just increases the chance of getting shot down while evaccing for no gain

When the game doesn't work the way I think it should, it is objectively: wonky, unbalanced, bullshit and dumb.

It wasn't the otomatic that killed me it was some sams hidden far behind it.

It wouldn't have gotten in their range if it had fired when it was supposed to.

You're saying if the radar is off it could still shoot it? That doesn't sound right at all.

ME 109 G6 or FW 190 as a dedicated fighter?

FW has the speed and durability (and bombs if you want to use it that way)
ME has the extra 20mm, better agility, better optics, veterancy (if you go 2x in both cases) and is cheaper

If the radar is off but spotted via other means, the SEAD can shoot it due to a bug. The radar, being off, can't shoot.

The hidden SAMs in your case were probably EOTS, which are nonradar and thus unaffected by SEAD according to honhon logic. If they were radar sams you would've spotted them much earlier.

Oh I should note the ME is also more accurate by 1pt of accuracy

Unless the speed and durability are that much of an extra factor I just don't see an argument for the FW

It's to be expected that a multirole is less efficient than a dedicated unit.

I've seen people argue that the fw makes the ME obsolete and just wondered why

For the sake of argument I'll point out that fighters should probably always be taken at max vet. The kill chance and speed increase noticeably. But I have no opinion on the issue at hand.

>ME has the extra 20mm
What version of the 190 is in the game? Afaik most of the versions carry 4 20mm while the 109 carries 3 with gunpods.

FW 190 G3

ME has 2x 13mm, 2x20mm, 1x20mm
FW has 2x 13mm, 2x20mm, 4x50kg bombs

Am I the only one autistic enough to get triggered every time I see "Me 109?"

It's Bf, damn it, these guys should know better.

Go on then autismo, tell me that nobody from either the German or the Allied side called it an ME 109.

Next you'll be saying they should rename the Jumbo to 'M4A3E2 Assault Tank' just because

on a scale of 1-10 this thread is dead/10

WG > SD

probably

but SD is at least new and slightly different

Tank destroyer doctrine.
If you want a longer version, I'll start from the beginning.
In 1940, the US had one of those "Oh fuck" moments. Germany had just absolutely wrecked France, accepted to be the best military on the continent, in maneuver warfare with tanks, and the US had about a thousand, none of which were much good. As they set about producing an improved light tank (to become the Stuart), they began devising ways to counter the German tactics (Heavy recon to find weak spots in a defensive line, overwhelming concentrated force to break through and encircle).
What they came up with was the concept of a Tank Destroyer. While tanks would be issued both to Infantry divisions, and form their own divisions, the new TD divisions would be held behind the front line. The forces on the line would pin down the attackers, while the TDs would rush to the scene, and set up in ambush positions while the defenders would pull back, and let the emplaced TDs take care of the offensive.
To do this, they needed to be foremost fast, secondly have a gun big enough to be effective at range, and thirdly have good visibility, which means open tops. The original vehicles were the M6 Fargo: a 3/4 ton Dodge with a 37mm in the bed, and M3 GMC, an M3 half track with a WW1-vintage 75mm field gun on top.
At Kasserine Pass, they accounted well for themselves, though that's one of ~3 instances I'm aware of when TDs were used in their intended role. Subsequent developments, namely M10 and M36 were tanks in all but name, and by the Jackson's arrival, the Germans were out of tanks anyway.
They accounted well for themselves, all told. Despite being used well outside what they were intended for, the M36, for instance, spend most of Korea under ROK use, and shit all over the Nork's T-34s.
Also, if you ever hear anyone mention McNair in reference to some variation of "He opposed M4(76)", do me a favor and punch them straight in their uninformed face.
Have an m10.

>enhancements
literally just waypoints and the LOS tool. Everything else was a mistake.

turn off the gun and right click the oto, shift-right-clicking behind your lines

recheck this. You're 100% wrong.
SEAD can't fire on turned-off radar units, but can fire on spotted empty turned-on ones.

What the fuck I just learned that you can "repair" infantry units and they get men back?

Holy shit.

no

not with how eugen handled it

yeah the fucking king tiger has less armor than a jumbo

You mean the same armour, they both have 21

They could add on an extra point or two to the Tiger 2's armour, but honestly in terms of frontal armour they were pretty similar.

S U P E R G A L E B

Tiger 2 has almost double the effective armor of the jumbo wtf

The tiger has 14 inches of effective armour? That's quite impressive.

The Tiger 2 has 150mm upper hull, the Jumbo has 100mm upper hull do the math, both about the same slope too, infact a steeper slope on the jumbo accounting for a negative penalty

Yes but nobody will ever believe you here or on any forum, because I can just call you a wehraboo ahahahaha

Whatever wehraboo

Troglodyte wehraboo

Shut the fuck up naziboo

back to

>Some tank variants in Gates of Hell will have randomized sandbags/logs strapped the side of the tank that actually add a small bit of protection
RELEASE WHEN

Sandbags actually help normalise tank shells, INCREASING their penetrative potential

In Robz mod is the UK better than the soviets?

Eugen pls buff nebelwerfer to historical levels.

>playing memeus front

It honestly look like yet another release of Men of War. They've been milking this engine since Soldiers: Heroes of WWII, which was release in 2004, without making any significant improvements. Why the FUCK would anyone be hype for Men of War Assault Squad 3?

>not supporting the only company making decent operational level wargames with actual graphics and properly modeled ballistics out there.

You're the reason the wargame market is fucking AIDS with hex based wargames and turn based sprites.

>not strapping bedframes to your tank to stop panzerfausts.

don't cry burgerboo

I think its actually not made by this full-retard developers that made mowas 1 & 2 but some naziboo modders that bought the rights to engine or something? someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Are there good recent single player wargames that arent turn based?

>he wants cap zones and the ability to fire without exposing your position back

look at this retard and laugh