/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

May 26th for F13 release edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online Multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
An upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.

Game is set to release on May 26th
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Delayed.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/135508833661746793/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_3VeTyZyrIw
strawpoll.me/12806496
youtu.be/8r0M64MQ3bE?t=4m36s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i look forward to f13 voip

Its beyond stupid

ded gayems ded threds

No one is going to play this shit after f13 comes out.
Kind of sad.

What did you mean by this?

borrowed time is yet another mechanic designed to "fix" camping that actually encourages camping more than discourage it and punishes non-campers more than campers. Truly excellent work devs.

It just makes people swarm harder.

>Every time they show one of A.J.'s new outfits they just all look so good.
I cannot wait for this fucking game.

Nothing can top her purple outfit from the Hell Jason video.

There are still so many outfits we have yet to see user, I can't fucking wait.

I'm not so sure. The games play pretty differently. I'm sure DbD will lose a lot of players but it won't die over this.

Why the devs such utter fuck ups? They literally cannot solve the simplest problem without fucking with a million other things first. How long did take for them to figure out all they had to do to "get rid of" infinites was fiddle with the infinite areas until it was organized that you couldn't go in circles forever? Something like 7 months after release after they dicked with a million different things that were never the problem? They fucked up vaulting, they added some shit that happens after hopping the same window too many times that I have literally never seen, they had a rash of killers dropping SWF lobbys and red rank lobbies because those players are guaranteed to be shitters, and rather then just getting their heads out of their asses and fixing the problem they made ranks invisible, and they probably did some other shit I don't know about because I dropped the game around then.

"Camping" doesn't even need fixing, it's just a killer response to catching faggot survivors and wanting them to go away. It's better in the long run for a killer to get all his sacs from hooking people three times cause of dem bloodpoints from hunting and rehooking. The only time s I ever linger by the hook is when I catch somebody smashing all my hooks or when i catch some ebin twitch fag before he could get to the infinite. Hell most of shittiness killers have ever been guilty of was directly to punish survivor shittiness and the frog devs only ever fix the killer bullshit and never touch the survivor bullshit, like stuffing a dirty sock in a gunshot wound. Looks like the hot new things are survivors pallet touring and killers pulling Ethernet plugs, both of which the devs say they're going to address. I'd bet my ass the devs will find a way to punish plug pulling, which they should do anyway, but they'll do nothing about pallet touring or have some retarded half fix like infinites come back from the grave.

>How long did take for them to figure out all they had to do to "get rid of" infinites was fiddle with the infinite areas until it was organized that you couldn't go in circles forever? Something like 7 months after release after they dicked with a million different things that were never the problem? They fucked up vaulting, they added some shit that happens after hopping the same window too many times that I have literally never seen
The reason is simple: They figured it would be easier in the long run to make a mechanical change than it would be to fix the level design for all levels including all future levels. They figured if they could implement a mechanical change that made infinite impossible, it would prevent them from having to redesign each level after the players find something wrong with it. Which is going to be every time, because the devs apparently didn't notice all the incredibly obvious infinites that were present at launch.

(same user)
I waited since 2010 or so, whenever I first played naughty bear, for a game where you play a horror movie monster. My fucking cock was fully engorged at the prospect. And it had to be these retarded frogs that had the idea. The worst part is almost everything is great, the lore, the art style, the settings. But the community is DOTA/LoL levels of toxic and the devs are brain dead.

My last best hope is that the F13 team doesn't shit the bed. They gave me hope by fixing infintes in alpha, but Jason was so OP in the beta its put the fear of god into me. only way you could escape Jason was by getting out before he decided you were next on his shit list

It's difficult to gauge how OP Jason was in the beta because few people were playing properly. So many Vanessas who weren't even playing her the way she was meant to be played. Those guys ended up getting fucked hard when the nerf came.

Likewise, most Jason players sucked at map control and protecting objectives. I found myself escaping half the time as a A.J or Deborah once I grabbed the stealth perks, but whenever I played part 2 Jason I always wiped everyone.

And then you had bugs like the instant choke which make it hard to gauge things. Also nobody stuck together in the beta, meaning when Jason showed up and grabbed you for an instant kill, there'd be no one to hit him in the back of the head so he'd drop you. Once the full game comes out I think people are going to stair pairing up with fitting characters. An A.J. will pair up with another character with a decent stealth stat and high luck, like Jenny or Chad, so they can protect them while still not giving them away.

>but whenever I played part 2 Jason I always wiped everyone.
Oh, except for the one time a Vanessa got bugged and ended up flying around about 40 metres above ground. That guy followed me around and commented on what I was doing, roleplaying as a reporter in a helicopter.

I guess you're right user, there's still hope. Thank you for consoling me in my hour of weakness. I honestly never thought of people pairing up and thumping Jason whenever he got grabby. Though i think the fear mechanic definitely needs some work, or at least someway to lose Jason when he's on the approach for ass. Having somebody to break his grip on you doesn't help much when there is no escape from his thermal vision.

KAIOKEK...x10

>I honestly never thought of people pairing up and thumping Jason whenever he got grabby.
I had a situation where an A.J. and a Tommy paired up near the police exit, and instead of running through and winning, they stood there and beat up Jason over and over again by using teamwork. One would rush at Jason as if to attack, but then pull back while the other would sprint up behind Jason and attack him. They managed to knock him down like 10 times before they got bored and went through the exit.

Granted, that Jason was pretty dumb and didn't try to block or teleport behind them, but it shows that teamwork lets you fight him off for a time.

I wonder what the Dwight dev is thinking right now.

trapper man tried, he really did
he put his traps in chokes and windows and under feet
unfortunately he put the window traps at sprint vaulting length so i just disarmed them
didnt get spotted even once

>rank 20
Its fucking nothing.jpeg

Sick of you fucking AIs ruining everything.

Dead by Daylight

>when you walk down into the basement revving as you watch three pizza dwights trying to save one of their fallen

BT has neutered Basement Billy

someones gettin the chain, like it or not

Think they'll ban people for modded save files when they switch to profiles being saved on their own backend?

Doesn't matter. I highly doubt frogs ability to do something right. Even if it will happen, by that time many players will move to F13. Or just drop the game altogether, judging how the charts keep dropping. Most of the ones who cheated and kept playing won't care either, since surviviors will always have some easy shit going for them, while killers don't have a lot of useful things for them. You can be a strong surviviorbull without the perks, and you kinda stop caring about perks and consumables for killers, since most of them don't do shit. And, most likely people will be able to go back on their clean saves, or reset.
Yeah, there will be some bans, like there are some of them now. It's gonna be a rare thing i believe.

1.5 when?

keked and raged

1.5 Killer's face when

^__^

youtube.com/watch?v=_3VeTyZyrIw

How bad is the Bloodlust nerf from PTB? I never got a chance to fuck around with the original version

pallet kick = bloodlust gone
you'll just have to walk around pallets now to keep the meter going

god fucking dammit

do anything other than just look at survivor = bloodlust gone

>people need a guide on how to run around an object.

Survivor babs will defend this

classic blue name

>that last panel
Feels bad man

This is fine.

literally chased me for 5 gens for this to happen

Lying is a terrible habit, nugget.

how does this general feel about drawfags? does anyone want anything

Cool things with hag

draw the discord fags getting gassed

Draw meg going really fast with roller skates.

With another meg trailing behind her on a tricycle.

But the tricycle also has massive training wheels.

seconded for foxy gettign gassed.

>hatch escaping after you use left behind to complete the first two gens to open it
no better feeling
except maybe for the fact that the killer didn't have whispers for once

And they're going to mcdonalds

how much do you guys still play dbd?

A few games a day to work on rituals other than that just waiting for new DLC.

Stopped playing months ago. I'd come back, but only as a survivor, if I heard that no one plays trapper anymore.

trapping under hooks is not possible in 1.5, so if it's that...

It's more that I just don't like facing trappers in general. Regardless of whether he camps. That change may result in most trappers playing another killer though.

Hopefully the new killer isn't Hag tier. Otherwise it will still be nothing but Myers and Trapper.

It's meant to be Chinese yes? If so I expect something completely cancerous.

I agree, I prefer playing against killers that have their mechanic tied directly to them
except nurse.

My issue with trapper is that he has no chase gimmick unlike Billy or Nurse or even Myers with his stalking power, so it's hard to lose Trappers. They just tunnel you for three minutes until they have you, and then they camp you.

>trappers are the easiest to secure kills with because of hook trapping
>so they just tunnel and camp
Its almost like shitters pick him and only use 1% of his potential

I think it's because it takes them longer to catch people than it would a Nurse or a Hillbilly or a Myers with EW3. They feel they need to secure that kill.

whether its take 5 seconds to get a down with him for 5 minutes of chase, they trap hooks all the same, so that's not true at all

Yeah, but I mean that they always hang around and try to immediately re-down you after you get set free. A Nurse or Myers is likely to target the rescuer instead.

>mfw I get the game and can't wait to become a top tier killer someday
>mfw I still get stomped into the ground by a random looper with a flashlight
>mfw camping, BS and enduring is the only reason I can secure a kill...
>mfw I get disgraced and insulted every round in chat, no matter how many kills I get....

I ... why do I play? It just hurts so much.

stop being trash, and accept the fact that not getting a 4K doesn't mean you lost

It does. Any game that ends with some guys teabagging you at an exit gate is a defeat.

Getting a pip is a win in my book.

You can get a pip without killing anyone.

That still falls within my original statement.

I'm talking about even when I get 4K. Every victory is pyrrhic because of how survivors treat me.

stop being such a little bitch

or you could always try pulling the plug

>That guy followed me around and commented on what I was doing, roleplaying as a reporter in a helicopter.

kek

Almost never

I just came back to see the F13 hype

what the fuck is going on tonight
im in na east and my last three matches have been point pinata killers
they are literally just letting me leave scot-free, forcing me if they have to

I thought that's what you faggots wanted.

Not all of us
I get pretty autistic if someone doesn't kill me when they could have

>think about playing a game as wraith
>do it
>instantly beg for suicide
only at rank reset and never anytime else

I want a game that sporting.
I don't want a killer to let me escape for free and I don't want a killer that just tunnels and face camps me either.

Especially since I don't loop pallets.

bruv im just trying to do a healing daily
please fucking hit people
dont just stand there with your knife up your ass

>teabagging at the exit gates

why do people do this

Same reasons killers smack people on the hook.

>tfw you're too intelligent to play killer.

>tfw twoo enlightened to play survivor

Make a pepe/wojack of the billy chainsawing a survivor right outside the exit gate

What is the context for this image? Does this bird have a massively prolapsed intestine or some shit?

banana condom

Inquiring minds
strawpoll.me/12806496

>Anything but Meg

Which F13 kill is the most erotic?

cool

nice

That teabag is infuriating

Definitely fire poker down the throat

This one isn't bad either.

There's no tension at that point. They've won and they know it. There needs to be something like this.

youtu.be/8r0M64MQ3bE?t=4m36s

All they had to do was make it so that that barrier that appears for the killer would actually be a physical barrier that prevents escapes, and when it goes up, it goes up for like 30 seconds. It's random, so when the barrier is down, you're incentivized to just leave. If you decide to stick around to help someone or to taunt, you may end up running to the exit just as the barrier goes up.

Shit son that is grade A brutal

It looks like they added tons of new kill animations since the beta

>more barriers that are clearly a bandaid for shitty gameplay design

If this game wasn't fundamentally flawed there would be no need for magic lol fuck you barriers