/mmog/ - MMO General

Pick your class edition:

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here!

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like ARK, and Dark and Light.

Card games like Elder Scrolls Legends, Krosmaga, Duelyst and Faeria are also welcome to discuss here.

We have a game of the week that we all try to play together! This week we have: Play NovaRO with ME~!

We currently have a guild on Wakfu (Remington) and Archeage (Reckoning) ask for an invitation on this general! NovaRO may be starting one if it survives a week in our hearts (looking grim.)

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu
>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread: graveyard tags: mabinogi, wakfu, dfo, maplestory, ragnarok, vindictus, lodoss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ShHc6wzaw_8
talonro.com/
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=1491&itv=6&url_sname=TalonRO
novaragnarok.com/wiki/Cash_Shop
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tessa...

Is there ANY new 2D MMO on the horizon? I was looking though stuff like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=ShHc6wzaw_8

to pick one. All I know was that neat Moonsomething 2D sidescroller MMO was sadly cancelled on Korea.

Nova RO guild: Nice Meme
Hometown Verus (@go 41)

Saturday we are having a group play day. We will be making new characters and leveling together!

What time Saturday owo

Will anyone be playing this when the new Agnarr server comes out?

14 hours and 16 minutes from now

Nice cuties. What classes are you missing lately? In parties I normally bring a Priest, Bard, or Crusader.

Way, wayyyyyyyy too fucking old to be really enjoyable user.

Crusader/Royal Guard should work. We don't really have a tank yet.
Bard/Minstrel works too but probably not as important as Crusader/Royal Guard yet.

I played it when the first expansion came out...its a still a great game

You can bring whatever class you'd like!
I will be making a heal slut, so pretty much anyone is welcome to make whatever class they want!

Dibs on ninja weeb class

ur2slo

For reference WoW is only 5 years newer....

Is Devotion/Sacrifice still a thing in renewal or are they all built for maximizing DPS?

oh hecc, will you be my master and teach me the ways of the weeb in exchange for cuddle

You know what makes me sad about mmos today?
No real slow casting, but heavy damage mage class.
I wanna spend 5-10 seconds charging a spell to do a shitload of damage at once.
For that matter, elements should matter more too.

C H A O S B O L T

FFXIV Dark Mage?

Darkfall

Woops, posted a blank.
I've seen some people use devotion, but normally people use tank classes to lure mobs in for an aoe clusterfuck.
I'm pretty sure it still sees use in MVPing though,

This Albion Online game looks good, but what's the catch? Is it P2W, subscription based, "still in alpha" meme, grindy as fuck? What is it?

literally RO

The party dynamic has probably changed in Renewal. Im sure theres still the typical Scholar, Priest, and some kind of ranged DPS since theres so many now. Is RG the best mobber? Ill do that.

Not after you get gear. Its almost all instant cast later on.

Black Mage?
It's alright i guess, but it doesn't have the omph like i want.
You pretty much use one spell until low mp and then use another until mp is full, the only variance is from procs, and quickly dealing a nuke isn't as satisfying.

I honestly can't stand ro. I've never understood how people like it and still jump at new servers.

Devotion still plays a pretty big role in tanking RG yeah. And the level cap is much higher than before too which means a shitton more stat points, so many people can actually dish out respectable amount of damage while tanking because you have a lot more skills to play with. Overbrand for example, does pretty neat damage.
Scholar/Sorcerer is still useful as SP battery and endower, but now they have a bunch of insignia and Psychic Wave which can change element so they can do a lot more.
Sniper/Ranger still popular because generic ranged damage dealer.
Priest/Arch Bishop obviously still popular.

I'm not actually that person, and neither do I have much knowledge about weebjobs. But there are guides you can read that should explain pretty much everything.

Not in renewal. Instant cast is end-end-game tier. Your maximum raw stat is 130, and you need like 180 in both INT and DEX to instant cast. That means stacking 100 points instead of 60 points like pre-renewal.
You'd have to prepare a shitton to cross the instant cast boundary including food, buffs and myriads other gear bonus.

Dragon's Dogma Online is actually this

>Magic Turret: The Class
No. And being fatally allergic to movement in a high movement combat environment tells us that the Job devs aren't talking to the encounter devs.

Not to mention that by taking both INT and DEX to 130, you're sacrificing a shitton of other stats: LUK which actually gives a lot of bonuses, VIT which is vital for not dying after a fucking MVP swipe, AGI for after-cast delay and STR for carrying shits while farming.

the catch is the devs sold out to the casuals and wrecked small group pvp

Your either a zergling or a carebear now

Man, i'd be all fucking over ddo if it had an english release.

What do you guys think about playing an mmo casually? is it worth the time or could u get more fun out of a different type of game?

Depends on the game and what you're looking for in a time waster.

>pull up a 2 week old thread about pvp
>read a couple of things
Wow that sucks.

lmao dfo lasted only 2 years.

lol

devs might be trying to fix it by giving small group pvpers an area in the black zone, but their design philosophy since beta 2 was to have carebears and pvpers live on separate continents.

So there's a chance it could recover, or is it destined to die after maybe a month after full release or whatever?

People still care about open world pvp?
That shit just turns into bored faggots running around low level areas bothering low levels because they suck too much to fight people their own level.

Reminds me of Tera when people would just insakill you when you walked out of lumbertown.

>playing "the real game starts at level cap" mmos

its 50/50 honestly

talonro.com/
pre-re 8/8/3
1400 players median

ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=1491&itv=6&url_sname=TalonRO

Even older mmos had that shit, it was just more likely a mid level in a lowbie zone instead.

Pretty much all owpvp is like that anymore.
The first week or so will see actual fights in areas. About a month in the "stop pking me or i'll get my main" shit starts, then it gets worse and worse.
Doesn't help that forums don't get massive flame wars between guilds anymore because the forums are either monitored by no fun allowed mods or too many crybabies whine about the banter

>you can literally buy mvp cards for irl cash

No thanks lma0

Is it still dead?

>spend 10 secs casting an ability
>boss moved to a different location by then or boss ends up interrupting you with a knockdown during

5 very significant years in computer graphics

on top of that wow has had a bunch of graphical updates though even vanilla looks way easier on the eyes

Dofus? Yeah, it's pretty dead.

That's just bad PK system, not a real pvp. In a real race war mmo, each race have their own safe zone for early levels, they only started sharing at mid and high levels zone.

>want to level
>zone is guarded by enemy
>race chat: anyone can help me repel this race?
>for a first few minutes it was just a mercenary fighting each others
>to race councils fighting each others
>sometimes we have NAP if one race keep winning while the other two lose

The closest thing to this was tera alliance PvPvE zone

>release date and/or graphics is all that determines how enjoyable a game is

nobody wants to play your p2w weeb powerlevel custom shit pserver

>1500+ players

How?

You know, about that user in the last thread talking about Mabinogi taking away your free resets at clvl1000+...
>Players above clvl 1000 can now speak to Duncan to reset all skills, however at a cost of gold, increasing with each reset. Functionality unchanged for players below clvl 1000.

Though you do lose the warp book still. How much this is an issue, probably depends on if you have any mounts.

>If someone is truly fed up with this game and how it's being ran then they should seriously just leave - casual dfo leddit shitter

What these retards don't realize is that the people who are leaving the are the whales to kept the game afloat. When whales leave they don't ever come back either, they find a new game to feed.

That whole leddit post with people defending Neople's decision to massively delay the Infinite Difficulty update and asskissing the 2nd Anniversary is fucking disgusting.

Lately every time Neople fucks people just say "It's still better than Nexon" like it's a legitimate excuse for them being retarded.

It's still free for sub1000.
And it increases gold for those above 1000 so it will get expensive eventually.

As opposed to buying gears that boost your ATK and MATK by 10%? Or boost your ASPD by 10% Increase attack resistance by 5%? Reduce MvP damage by 10%? Reduce Cast Time by 15% and after cast time by 5%? There's all sorts of broken cash shop items in NovaRO.
novaragnarok.com/wiki/Cash_Shop

Don't be hostile, Nova friend.

Looking for cute bf to play mmo games with PST

Not that guy but who the fuck said novaro was any better?

Last 3 weeks, people in that fucking shit place called reddit attacks and rages at Neople and now they are sucking it more harder than ever. If you try to post or comment a sensible argument or criticism against Neople, it will get downvoted to oblivion.

What went so wrong?

NovaRO is more p2w than Talon. MvP cards are buyable in TalonRO, but they're all nerfed because TalonRO is a server where MvP cards were meant to be as usable as normal cards.

They've been up for 9 years now because people like pre-re and Talon is probably the best of the bunch.

>NovaRO is more p2w than Talon
Great. I don't play on either. Neither should you.

>I'm just here to shitpost
Don't try it, Nova friend.

s3 when

Never, you shit taste faggot.

It might help to add that based on my observations for this game lately, nobody sells Karma Koin anymore. The whales I've known for a long time, who is loyal in the game left this month.

Channel 42 is a barren wasteland and Chinese subhumans infests the game.

Just shut it down fuckin gooks.

Fuck you. I watch it only for lalatina.

I'm playing Lodoss though. Closest I've gotten to a RO experience in years.

What level? I'm 16 esquire.

35 sorc

All the veterans and whales left

All the casuals that keep coming and leaving every few months are back again and whiteknighting the gooks F O R F R E E

since there are no veterans and whales left, the casual retards run rampant with their LMAO WHO CARES IF EVENT IS BAD YOU GET FREE STUFF LMAO

I hate the fact that it has limited character slots.

It's one of those ways to get people put money in especially since there's benefit to leveling every single class to 40.

It's a sad state of affairs, the game won't last another year.

>my top geared guild who do anton raid frequently starts to burn out and quit for good this month too
>only 1 left online which is me
>close friends and dungeon buddies advice me to leave as soon as possible
>my overmind friend who I am waiting to bail out finally left as well and went to WoW.

Since she left I have no more reasons to stay in this game no matter how geared I am. I guess I should play with her in WoW.

Cuck

so are you dfo fags going to play closers now
forced weebificaton as a subgenre survival strategy

> Progressing on Navigation Core
> At final phase
> 2/3 healers alive
> One of them dc's
> Wipe

N-no!

I really want to play Wakfu again but can't choose between Eniripsa or (tank) Sacrier

Help

Eni is ONLY for group play. If you can't find a party then you're better off playing a different game.
Sacrier can do well in a party and solo.

I'd pick a Sacrier. Get an Eni if you want to multiaccount or have heroes.

How is FLYFF nowdays?

Dead.

If you are a cute boy, go for Eni. Otherwise Sacrier is fine.

I don't know what it's like now but Aion's sorcerer had fucking retarded damage. I remember being thrown up in the air and taking a bunch of lightning bolts and a giant meteor and going from almost 100%-0%. They were pretty mobile too if I remember correctly.

I only played for a few months after launch though so it's probably different now (along with the game).

>tfw you're suddenly nostalgic for aion 1.0 for some reason

where my elliniafags at

I wanted to play it but I heard it wipes every month.
no thx

who's shadow wing in aion?

She looks like a good fap.

arbeit macht frei
grindy as fuck, no land to explore, no adventures

I remember playing Aion hoping to get some of those cute/sexy outfits that's in like every official artwork, and I never did.

>novaragnarok.com/wiki/Cash_Shop
Where everything is tradeable and 5k cp hat goes for 25m on the market. And you get about one hat worth of gold coins per month just from daily rewards.
Granted I never played talon and don't know if cash shop items can be traded.

>LMAO WHO CARES IF EVENT IS BAD YOU GET FREE STUFF LMAO
I though about getting back to dfo but then found out that 1st awakening class sprites that gooks get for free were offered for a limited time if you spend 50$. Kinda killed all desire to touch it again.

>ugly tranny memes a general to death

thanks a lot

>private server where nothing works
>constant wipes

no

do not bully Tessa...
it wasn't her fault, she has a wiki to manage

It just gets better and better the more i play it. I just dislike these energy systems, but at least it gives me a reason to play other classes.

The Japan server practically doesn't have a stamina system.

Which server do you play on?