Meme warriors hired by meme empire...

Meme warriors hired by meme empire. Am I supposed to be impressed the punching bag cosplaying as Roman Empire considered them elite troops? They would consider a kid with wooden sword a great warrior.

Byzantine Empire was a pile of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_German_Bodyguard
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dude normans were fucking fearsome and btfo'd anything they versed until generations of breeding patterns alliances and tech dissemination later

ground unit cataphrats

Double edged battle axes will never stop triggering me.

The Varangians were only recruited because it was virtually impossible for them to betray the Emperor, they didn't speak and were also well compensated for their services.

Pretty much. The East learned from the problems of the older unified Roman Empire, and the biggest one of those was that an imperial bodyguard unit that consistently has political aims is not good.

I'm (sorta) sad they got rid of the Praetorian Guard, but the Guard has only itself to blame for how many times they killed their own fucking emperor.

>Meme warriors
Why is it that anti-Byzantine posters are always so uneducated?

The Varangian guard, under Maniakes and Harald Hardrada, reconquered Sicily. The only troops were Varangians and some mercenaries. They were good soldiers, really good soldiers.

Lmao who the fuck thought you history? That shit Vikings show? I bet vikangz under Harald Hadrada conquered Egypt too.

Shitposter is bad at shitposting, what a surprise

Reminder that post 1066 the Varangian Guard was majority English. Eat shit vikingrboos

>Byzantine Empire was a pile of shit.
Good thing the righteous House Osman scooped it away.

Reminder that they would have been pretty much indistinguishable from vikings.

>western empire falls because of the emperor constantly being blown the fuck out by his own troops
>after a millenia realise that the best way to solve the problem is to have non-Roman soldiers guarding the emperor
>they're loyal as fuck

You're an idiot OP.

Fuck off turkroach

Kek

They were know as the emperor's wine bags.

The Julio-Claudian emperors had also a "Varangian" guard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_German_Bodyguard

Varangians assassinated emperors and refused to fight for a besieged Constantinople until they got paid more.

they are cool af in games desu

Yeah, reading about the Praetorian guard always pisses me off.

Not as much as the Praetorians.

They were like the second leading cause of death ffs

True, which is something vikingrboos need to realise, everyone in Northern Europe looked the same, whether Dane, English, Norman, Scottish.