/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/euroshopper-energy/
moddb.com/mods/starter-pack
moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/forum/thread/misery-21-stiivais-new-performance-texture-pack-and-radio-songs-addon/
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/radios-galore-for-coc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread

What's the best faction and why is it Bandits?

ABANDON THREAD, we need a non autistic OP

Reddit is this way

jesus fucking christ

Doesn't exist

Please follow

Kill yourself

MIGRATE HERE IF YOU HAVENT already

So we should all leave the first thread because you're having an autism fit. Sure.

Fucking beautiful

Now we have had it.
1) Good thread deleted
2) Unrelated Image on top of bad thread deleted

What a great ending.

What are the best addons for call of chernobyl?

how is this happening again?

fuck off

The image doesn't have to be related ever

QUICK

WHAT good FACTION DO I PLAY AS ON CoC

dumb fucking mods eating too much shit . got shit for brains

Merc or loner

kill yourself

what

there was a time when that question was asked several dozen times per thread and it was super annoying

it stopped eventually and i hope to god it doesn't start up again

What mods are the best for CoCk? Can I use all the weapon mods together? There just skins right?

top bait

What are the best addons for call of chernobyl?

Stolichnaya vodka, pickles, beer of your choice and maybe some bread or sausage. Or borscht, borscht is always nice.

Wow youre dumb

lurk more newfag

bamp

dead thread the dead game

10 year old series what do you expect nigga

whats a quick way to make sure drx more mutants is active? also, does it add chimeras or are they already in coc anyway

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/euroshopper-energy/

bought and installed the game

how do i mod it for a vanilla 2.0 experience? i don't want a complete overhaul or anything like that

NVM A FUCKING CHIMERA JUST JUMPEND IN MY FACE IN RED FOREST

Starter Pack 2017 for SoC
moddb.com/mods/starter-pack
>Must have bugfixes
>Updated textures and weather overhaul
>Updated Weapon models
>Updated shaders and rendering

Vanilla experience

why does my character's shadow look like he runs like sonic the hedgehog

thanks man

is there any way to set the voice acting to the original language while keeping the text english? can i also set raw mouse input through a config file or something

gotta go fast

o-oh. then it's intentional, huh

ayy

Does an open-world game exist with AI as dynamic as modded (or even unmodded) Stalker? NPCs essentially lived their own lives which were almost as interesting as the player's. I even remember finding corpses of veteran stalkers who had died exploring alone, and finding 'trophies' of their kills, such as dog tags and guns in their inventories

Honestly, just about every open-world game feels inadequate to me after that. Oblivion is the closest thing I can think of; the NPCs ate and slept but it felt scripted compared to the randomness of Stalker

Admittedly it's been a while since I played it, so I can't remember which AI behaviours were native and which were modded. I think AMK improved it a lot

lol I'm a different user but I sincerely dropped by for the first time to ask this.

You can tell me to fuck off, but these are the only questions that I couldn't figure out with google
A) If I start as Loner can I join a faction aftwards
B) Is Warfare a cluster fuck of a mod?

Guys, playing CoC here (with DoctorX questlines). At Yantar there is a quest to defend the scientist base against zombies. Does it ever end? I've cleared 5 or 6 waves already and they keep spawning.

It will end, at some point.
Good luck stalker.

> Canada

Would a leaf survive in the zone?

thanks. kinda low on supplies after agroprom underground. what a gauntlet of bullshit.

GAUNTLET HADES

No, thanks to this faggot (not sure) I cant use comfy ingame chat.

i like trains

>Honestly, just about every open-world game feels inadequate to me after that
same here. If another STALKER Never comes out it would be amazing to see an improved Alife system. Characters selling their gear to traders and buying better stuff, trading between npc's etc. It would be nice if there was a way to see their stats justlike the stat section in your pda.
Oblivion radiant AI just made me sad in the end after seeing how much they toned it down before release.

>falseflagging leaf
can anybody say they're surprised?

how you make those dream like graphics

its misery 2 with absolute nature & structures and graphics turned up

moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/forum/thread/misery-21-stiivais-new-performance-texture-pack-and-radio-songs-addon/

Anyone still got the files for the radio pack?

>tfw no slightly strange bratelnik

still exists for CoC?

Havent seen it in the addons section, just a bunch of diffrent ones, this one had some good Russian shit iirc.

do i have to worry about things like mod conflicts? i got the starter pack and am wanting the Absolute Nature mod that doesn't seem to be included with the most recent version of the starter pack, unlike it used to be from as far as i can research.

pls help me, i am very stupid

SoC AN is garbage

i just want further vanilla 2.0 content

Kill yourself

Kill yourself

It's literally worse than vanilla
And if you say "vanilla 2.0" one more time I'll smack you right in the gob IRL

*throws bolts at you*

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/radios-galore-for-coc
thought about this

Question about CoC. I have a fast travel mod installed, but sometimes it funtctions, sometimes no. Anyone knows why? inb4 gitgud scrub. Trekking back and forth only is fun the first duhuya times.

Trekking back and forth is part of the experience, shitter.
You're missing out on all the kooky shit that can happen inbetween wherever the fuck you are and wherever the fuck you wanna go

Anyone have a list of mods you should add to CoC? It seems like there's a lot of options for fine tuning the game, but I don't exactly know what to go with.

im using

AO3+the sound addon
Photorealistic zone
smurth dynamic hud
sr coc
DRX mutants and DRX questlines

btw does anyone know what other mods besides photorealistic zone are used in pic related? my game never looks that good

I've had that experience since game launched in 2007, friend.

>shitty reshade
>good
My slav friend, that is shit. Reshades look "good" only on screenshots. And this one doesn't even look good.

High res textures:
>Structures Redux
>Absolute Nature Redux + SWTC or Autumnal Winds.

which damage mod should i use for coc?

AO3 increased weapon dmg
smarch config for AO
or
W.A.R.F.I.G.H.T.E.R. Realism Addon

no need to mod difficulty, right? master is realistic enough?

AO3 Smarch config + W.A.R.F.I.G.H.T.E.R. Realism Addon (Smarch recommends to install warfigter). 1-2 shot kills\deaths everywhere :D

>realistic
Back to /armag/ you go

What are the must have add-ons for a Misery 2.1.1 playthrough?

Should I play the games vanilla before playing coc? I really want an open world experience and don't have a lot of time. I tried soc but even on rookie I can't hit anything even when I'm shooting at them. What is the best vanilla 2.0 experience?

definitely play vanilla

and rookie is stupid you need to play on master difficulty

5.45, 5.56, 7.62 (either) or 9x39?

Uninstall v1.0

Play vanilla with some bugfixes and weapon tweaks on master difficulty.

So /sg/ what is your favorite faction to fight against?

mine are the mercs when you are killing freedumbs and monos is becomes routine when playing as Duty so when you kill a merc you feel like you killed a high ranking member of the zone's bourgeoise and you just a few days away from giving the zone to those who trully deserve it the loners

If you are playing with damage mods like warfighter then the 5.45 and 5.56 will do the work

Little Dutyer punks with hero complexes.

Monolith, mostly because they drop fat stashes of sick loot.
When I'm playing tediu- I mean CoM, it's even more apparent.
Lots of ammo, rare items, consumables, and firearms that can be brought home or repaired.
For an isolated faction full of religious zombie fanatics, they sure do have great equipment, which I still don't understand as far as the lore is concerned.

The monolith has people outside of the zone buying weaponry for them

think of them like Strelok in SoC he was brainwashed just the right amount to follow C-con orders and to act like a normal person

Yeah sure, I know about that, but to such a high degree?
Where do they get all their funds from, all brainwashed stalkers spending all their measly money outside of the zone and shipping shit in?
From the C-Conciousness?
How can they supply funds if they're pretty much dead as far as the outside world is concerned?

Besides, Marked One didn't seem brainwashed at all, since he woke up from the death truck, he acted completely autonomously, the only order he followed was out of sheer necessity to find out his real identity, he himself chose to pursue Strelok, i.e. himself.

c-conciousness was govt funded to do crazy research

marked one snapped out of it when the death truck goes all sploded but he lost his dang memories and shit from all the brainwash

CoC is freeplay roam. Like Dayz. No plot, just pick what you wanna do and explore the Zone.

I'm a newfag, currently playing trough SoC vanilla using STARTER PACK 2017 (bug fixes and graphical stuff).
I've tried CoC a few weeks ago, liked the atmoshpere and started SoC -> CS -> CoP playtrough.
SoC is still open world, but has tight questline and things to do on the side.
Today i was collecting artefacts in Agropom \ Garbage \ Cordon for a few hours.

Play on master difficulty, less bullet sponginess. Lower difficulties have lower damage and this goes both ways, bullet sponges everywhere on rookie.
Muddle trough with pistol and shotgun to AK rifles. AK has decent damage and gameplay starts to pick up pace.

You should also remember that the monolith stalkers were once the best armed loners who went to the center of zone and that they converted pretty much the entire clear sky faction by the ending of CS they are the best armed faction

Seems to me though that their funding got cut off after a certain point, not sure if it was the collapse of the USSR or the creation of the zone, but it seems to me that they've been an autonomous and isolated entity for a while, and it seems highly unlikely that they had their govt funds at hand base instead of in a government account based in the mainland, like they managed their funds through distant banking and only got supplies shipped to their base to do research.
They don't seem like a group that would need lots of guns or other wargear shipped to their base as they mostly had the radiation and probably some hired guards protecting them, and the monolith didn't exist before the Zone proper emerged.

Well, that was a load of story-related autism.
Kinda stupid to discuss a plothole in a 10 year old game where the gameplay and atmosphere was the focus for the most part.

You're roughly 10,000% wrong