/wpsg/ - WoW Private Server General

Sudden death edit.

>TBC:
Wargate (New Hellground) 2x Horde
Hellfire 3x/1.5x Horde

>WotLK:
/wpsg/-ran server is in development right now, if you want to contribute in any way tell us!

>CATA:
Atlantiss Alliance 1x (3x RAF)

>MoP:
TauriWoW (Evermoon) Horde 1x

>Discord:
discord.gg/bSXZw39

>Where can I get game clients?
pastebin.com/mxjmsr3t (embed)
>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
You will need a clean wow.exe and dll files if you downloaded your WoW client from XYZ server. Check the clients section above.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Previous threads:

K-kids?

WPSG TEST SERVER IS UP

JOIN US LADS

So what happened? Why is this thread so dead?

because wow, dota, diablo, lol are SHIT games.

arena shooters scks

Are there any good games left?

i think people got too sick of private servers constantly going down after spending time on them.

idk, i'm playing war gate and it still had my hellground character so i don't mind playing that one.

why aren't you testing the wpsg server right now?

Because I don't have brain rot.

f-f-finns

infos to wpsg server would be fine, didnt see any logon adresses etc

I would join in on these threads but whenever i mention i play on Kronos most people scream normies out reeee.

join the discord and ask for an account

because of dying interest in an ancient videogame

Why are you still playing private servers?

The private server scene has devolved into shitflinging, server overpopulation, and crashes. Its been like this since ToD came and went. It's just been mass migration over and over again, servers created and dead almost right afterwords. Even the post-nost vanilla servers are trash now. It's all just chaos instead of just playing on whatever server suited you best.

The hype behind new servers is so strong it caused the other normal ongoing server playerbase, admins, mods, gms etc to get extremely concerned. It created corruption, ddos attacks, and the like.

Now we all just migrate to "the next best thing." Its created so much unneeded drama. This cycle will continue until the private server scene is completely dead. Or it kills it so much so, that it'll go back to the way it was before (Hopefully, but probably not.)

How do you manage to level a character to max level, devoting hours of your life away, just to give up on it within days or weeks? How many characters on how many servers how you forgotten about? The fact that you keep playing private servers that you KNOW will die, shows an addiction. It's an addiction to this fantasy you haven't yet realized wont exist. A private server that is blizzlike, with a stable non-cancerous population, with good scripts, thats progressive, that wont die out. This will never exist, due to the community, the attention, and the overall well being of the scene. Private servers will never be perfect, and that is what you fail to see. You've been playing private servers so long, striving for perfection, that its hard to discern what it was like back before the scene was like this.

The hope that is instilled in you is almost delusional. If the scene continues like this, you'll be migrating servers in a continuous fashion, forever stuck in a loop, because you will never accept the fact that it cannot get any better.

Why can't you accept that this scene has been long dead?

Memes
E
M
E
S
And reddit

feeling some wotlk pvp, what server? hardmode: no AT

sunwell wwu

le aunt poisoner

Catchma, why you are playing on guild who cant even kill gruul

eternal-wow
wowcircle

Is the wpsg server just a meme project or are there any interesting plans for it

I'm interested in helping develop this project. Is there a github project online somewhere? I have experience from other private server projects and can give you proof of my work there if need be.

Yes, in the discord there is a pinned link

p10