/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.co
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX)
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

>ASARI QT EDITION

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki
dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba
dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
multiplayerrobot.co
steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That UI looks fucking awful...

Thread's not capped and still on page 1 man, stop falling for the spider meme

last thread is not capped

Congratulations, OP. You managed to make the spiderman looks like a good guy.

You're a fucking moron.

>tumblr the race

I hope you're being ironic

Aren't the asari basically space sluts?

>Asari are now tumblr race
>someone is so retarded to actually write that shit unironically

Is the mod just for the cosmetic portrait or is it a whole "species"?

Since OP is a retard, I'll paste the new OP that he should have been using, directly from the old thread :

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris
- Future FAQ Pastebin goes here
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1 by user pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh (embed)
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- (Outdated?) Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- (Outdated?) Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh (embed)

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- District Cheat Sheet hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed)
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.co
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur (embed)

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX)
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

>Asari trait

I would say its a mod.

Mass effect has faggot tumblr shiil devs

Only since Andromeda.

But andromeda devs aren't original trilogy devs.

>not original trilogy dev
>not someone who made the concept of Asari
>still not answering my question

I mean, fuck i hate that punjabi cunt as much as any sane man but come the fuck on.

I'll go where I please you anti-social nerd

>not even white
>just tries to justify his jealousy toward white people

Wonder how much he hates having Man in his name

I said has, which is present tense

Anyway, a game about sexing xenos is as degenerate as it gets

>An entire race of mary sues

Asari are shit tier, now Turians, they are god tier

Nice strawman.

How are they mary sue ?

Well, you won't be sexing xenos anymore if you're not a woman.

Quick question about uplifting a species. I found one in the bronze age so when the progress bar completes will it only move them to the iron age or will they go straight to space travel? Cause if its only to the iron age I dont think there is enough time in the game to uplift them.

Strawman? Are you getting butthurt because I insulted the waifu race?

Name one fucking flaw about them, they are the most advanced, most powerful, the most peaceful, live a zillion years and they are all attractive and to every, from us to space-raptors

Its enlightening, not uplifting.

And yeah, they jump straight into FTL.

That's not uplifting, that's enlightenment. And they will go straight to the space age, with your techs. They will spawn a new empire, as your protectorate, meaning they can't really do anything without your consent. You may choose to integrate them into your own empire later on, gaining their ships, planets, etc.

Uplifting is when you find a pre-sentient species on a planet. These species usually have unique traits and you have to settle on the planet to be able to uplift them.

Is this any good? I just "got" stellaris and have only messed around with the empire creation and I want to try a militarist empire.

>Race of natural psychics
>Taking materialist instead of spiritualist

Wow just wow

Tomorrow the true blobbing begins.

Love the hostility and projection here.

They are not the most powerful, nor they are the most advanced - where do you even get shit like that ?
And it still doesn't make them mary sue, do you even know what this term is about ?

I once took very strong and resilient

my armies steamrolled everything, didnt lose an army in the entire game

Yeah, that'll do good. Xenophobe can be dangerous for a new player since most others will hate you from the get go, even more so since you chose Repugnant.

Your ships will always win an equal engagement due to the immense fire rate boosts from DA, f-militarist and high level admirals.

Personally I'd drop enduring so you can also drop repugnant, if that's possible. Enduring is extremely good, but since you have DA as a civic and are a militaristic nation, it's not as good since if a leader dies you can immediately replace them with someone nearly as good.

You should have added a grossgermanium empire so that you can liberate them.

>khebabistan

kek, what is your race?

Ok thats good news. Was worried for a second that it would take 500 years which didnt seem right. Still 100 years to bring these guys to space. Im gonna do it no matter what for fun but is it worth it at all?

Thanks lads, will drop enduring and repugnant. is there anything i should know going in?

I'd trade Enduring for something else. It's barely noticeable and isn't a hard number, so your leaders generally die the same age they would without that trait anyway. It's wasted imo.

>Start pacifist game
>Becomes boring as shit once you get boxed in and borders are settled

What do you do to make this shit interesting

>aren't i politically subversive?

start liberation wars
vassalize the new empires
absorb them into yours

>Khebab Imperium
>Cockroach race

Kek

Fug :D

Everyone but the hive is aligned against me

Why do you keep calling people out for being "politically subversive" whenever they make a post you don't like?

Why do you get upset when I call you politically subversive?

Hes a butt ravaged shitskin

Because it's off-topic shit-stirring bullshit. Now fuck off.

Because your posts are garbage, don't pertain to the thread, and nobody really gives a shit. I'm wondering why you think it's OK to shit up the general.

Why do you keep calling innocent people out whenever they make a post you don't like?

>deflects arguments and instead accuses the opponent of something else entirely

t. muslim

You could probably remove a wormhole station in the middle, without hurting your travelling range.

Time for a good old purge.

>remove a wormhole station

There's never any benefit in doing that m8

>not the most advanced
Out of the citadel races, yes they are
>not the most powerful
When it comes to biotics, yes they are, they're the only ones who can use biotics from birth, with no drawbacks whatsoever (whilst everyone else has to use implants and have to balance power and mental instability)
They absolutely are mary sues, I know this because I've actually played the games rather than wanking off to ugly blue cunts on tumblr

*tips fedora*

I keep purging my nearest neighbor but I can't destroy his last planet so he keeps growing back

Wormholes cost 0.25 energy each, buddy! That's pretty expensive in the long run!

mo money for mah programmes

>barely making 200 minerals
>get voidborne and that perk that makes megastructures cheaper and faster
>start building the next habitat before the first one even finishes
When's this shit getting nerfed?

Habitats don't need to be nerfed, dyson spheres and ringworlds need to be buffed

>they are the most powerful
>no they are not
>well yes they are in those specific categories

kys faggot.

But the AI can't handle it and (I'm assuming) the mid to late game in MP consists of every single player building 3 habitats in every single one of their systems, making the perk almost a requirement

I don't know why you two are flinging shit about Mass Effect in this thread, but the fact of the matter is that 99% of Mass Effect wars are apparently decided by ground combat, judging by the series
And the Biotic fuckery of ME1 and explosions of ME3 mean Biotics can beat anything
If Krogans were Vanguards in the canon, that would change

What really needs to be buffed is defense stations desu

It seems that, at best, you can make a defense station that has fleet strength equal to 1/10 -> 1/20 a main sized fleet no matter the tech era, so no matter how you look at it they're useless

And turning a system into a flower arrangement of defense stations that still die easily one by one is not the solution

Mass Effect is shit anyway.
>Krogans are super strong
>get rekt by the federation
>humans arrive, pick a fight with the federation
>somehow manage to beat them

>Stellaris turned us into space/gsg/

Why build a dyson sphere when you can just build a few habitats focused on energy generation?

Chill its just /gsg/ leaking over.
Ignore and report.

I haven't played ME:A but the whole war dynamic was always stupid
We need to bail the Turians out from these giant sentien space ships LET'S GET THE SPECIES WHOSE ENTIRE SHTICK IS GROUND COMBAT ON BOARD

/gsg/ is garbage, it infects everything it touches.
They saw that /civ4xg/ have been doing fine, so they came here to turn that general into shit with their racism, their biggotry, and their unfunny, forced memes.

Cons:
Habitats increase unity and science costs
Dyson spheres are unconstructable in a normal game

Oh yeah, defense stations are fucking stupid
"haha I have snared their fleet in a hyperlane chokepoint oh whoops my station died a day later"

Why do you assume it's /gsg/ and not people who are on the other end of the political spectrum to you?

Explain please!

>tumbrl the post

All asari have psychic powers by default. Materialist makes it harder to get psychic powers than spiritualist.

Because /civ4xg/ doesn't mind people with different opinions.
Only /gsg/ goes completely nuts when facing what they believe to be muslim, and then start accusing them of being tumblr.

>racism, their biggotry, and their unfunny, forced memes

Aren't you the spider-forcing guy though?

If I reduce robutt build time in buildable pops/00_robot_pops.txt will that also apply to synthetic ascension?
Also any other sicknasty 1337 hacks i can do to make the game less fucking annoying?

what a faggot UI

Huh, I thought asari were scientists? Am I being retarded now?

The fact that you're shoehorning someone with a different opinion as "/gsg/" is proof enough that you "don't mind people with different opinions".

You could just report the post for whatever reason, ignore it, hide it, move on, scroll past, whatever. It's not like they're gonna respond to what you say anyway.

Sure, accuse me of being whatever boogeyman you're scared of.
You're only proving me right by getting butthurt.

You know of Mass Effect and Asari but have never heard of biotics?

Asari have natural biotics (he's comparing this to psychic powers like mind control), whereas other species in Mass Effect require implants to channel their latent biotic powers. Asari can do it from birth.

They are a spiritual race, however, not materialist in the slightest. Gods and psionic powers should translate to them being spiritualists.

Indeed I don't mind them. Thanks for agreeing with me.

>Sure, accuse me of being whatever boogeyman you're scared of.

That's literally projecting what you said in your previous post about /gsg/... You are a professional hypocrite, lad.

Asari are the more spiritual race. Salarians are the ones who deal a lot with science and stuff.

>A trillion Asari and Quarian race mods for Stellaris
>No recent and working ones for Turians

>forgot to do the ship prefix in the race creator

FUCKING HELL

They need to leave that shit empty in the race creator so you can come back to it after you've made the empire name

I've never tried the genemod ascension
If I wanna mod my entire species, do I have to do it to each pop manually or is there a way to convert them all at once like with synths?

>ad hominem
You automatically lost, pal. Sucks to be you.

Maybe you should take one of the turian mods and calibrate it so it works.

yes

>fallacy fallacy
Looks like it was actually you who lost
psssh. nothin personnel
That's really reaching, user

Now I genuinely feel bad for you...

Fuck, that reminds me that I might have two empires that I didn't give a proper prefix to.

Fucking Paradox.

Just use a mod that buffs the wonders. There's no purpose in building any of them in vanilla.