/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 21th:
238 – Year of the Six Emperors: The Roman Senate outlaws emperor Maximinus Thrax for his proscriptions in Rome and nominates two of its members, Pupienus and Balbinus, to the throne.
1529 – Treaty of Zaragoza divides the eastern hemisphere between Spain and Portugal along a line 297.5 leagues or 17° east of the Moluccas.
1809 – The second day of the Battle of Eckmühl: The Austrian army is defeated by the First French Empire army led by Napoleon and driven over the Danube in Regensburg.
1836 – Texas Revolution: A day after the Battle of San Jacinto, forces under Texas General Sam Houston identify Mexican General Antonio López de Santa Anna among the captives of the battle when one of his fellow captives mistakenly gives away his identity.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/2-7-1-beta-elective-totally-broken.1009165/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hmm

>lake victoria
>victoria wasnt even born
What the fuck?

black and not based

>christian infighting
Hardly unrealistic.

Croatian fascists have awoken.

>these general names

>poles and hungarians fighting
unrealistic desu

>having ignorant whitu piggu names

Which is why you need to war Hungary and Bohemia for them to acept Hapsburg rule.

Paracucks refuse to give Poland and Hungary historical friendship bonus because of muh balance reasons.
Apparently asking for some Christian alliance block to counter ottomanblob is too much.

Is R&I really gone?
Are these the end times?

Hey I want an answer
Can I play as a Jew in After the End or just play any merchant republic? The Russians/Japs form merchant republics right?

This crusade has gone alright, hopefully they won't bicker like in the first
probably, with the custom character tool

please, anyone has the rance infopic?

>Reclaim byzantine empire as byzantine
>Game becomes easy
>Form russia
>Game becomes easy
>Beat ottomans as austria/hungary
>Game becomes easy
>Play france/england
>Game already is easy
What do I need to play to make this game at least somehow challenging? I already played as Italy

play samien if you think you're so good

>Picks easy nations
>Game is easy

No way????

>40 milimana to gas the wogs
Shit meme desu.
At least the game has zebras.

Play as le ulm

>refer to pre-Columbian America
>America wasn't even called America before Columbus, let alone Amerigo Vespuccio

Historians wtf?

>attempt to add new culture in already existing culture group to have at least some flavour while starting as shitty OPM
>game crashes
fuck this gay earth

play MEIOU + Taxes, whilst watching David Starkey monarchy, of course post your borders here before hand so it's /gsg/ approved

thing is, the only hard part of the game for me anymore is the early game where crazy and unexpected stuff can happen, once you get big enough you are just unstoppable machine that can pretty much ignore aggresive expansion and colaition because you can take on half of the world

Rate my western border

this nigga has a psp

I mean that is how the game works, I best advice would be to play a nation that prolongs the early game, a small nation that isn't in Europe.

You can always play as some African shitter. As soon as you take a few provinces in Europe, Spain and France stop their constant wars to form a coalition against the mighty sub-saharan ubermensch.

>This is why France gets cucked every game

r8

>coalitions meme
You don't have to keep on telling us how bad you are at this game

That's how nearly any strategy game works though, at least against AI.

What mods are you using?

>4000 gold
>+65 monthly income
>forced into 28 years of peace due to high threat

Any suggestions on how to spend 25,000 gold?

Sorry that I don't always take Admin, Quantity and Humanist ideas and turn every game into a world conquest. I kneel before you, my Lord DDRJake.

>playing with infamy on
wow nice mp balance

Just map mods.

I don't see the issue with it. If some nation managed to conquer 4 sovereign kingdoms in the course of a few years then chances are the rest of the world would be terrified and form defensive pacts to protect themselves.

Yeah if a Christian nation conquers 4 Muslim nations then all Christendom will form defensive pacts to protect themselves

What a let down

Oh yes trully the papal-mongolian-ibadi-shimazu-finnish-HRE-korean coalition against the player is totaly fine

>He doesn't beleive in the finno korean hyper war
>he doesn't know what the indians did to napoleon

their black plate is OP and they have shit paths

>Byzantinum spends 300 years of game time being unstopabble juggernaut and expanding
>implodes in a decade

>basileia rhomaion

>inland provinces aren't part of trade node so become primary culture on colonisation
wew

The various Christian nations never seemed to get along with each other anyways.

And in any case I'm playing as the Byzantine Empire. If I start expanding into all the old imperial territory then at some point that's going to include the western territories as well which makes it all the more reasonable for them to be scared shitless.

How do you deal with being behind in tech? Should I take a loan in order to embrace printing press? I wouldn't need to if it hadn't been for the unbalanced research in diplo. A ton of money is spent on keeping corruption at bay, and I'm not even doing a good job with that.

You invest monarch point in your lowest dev province until it has the institution, you then just wait for all provinces to turn until 100, use the state edict, also focus on ideas and development

I don't know when to develop my provinces when I play tall.

user who knew how into paradox map mods and shaders, are you here?

You're right, there's a reason that nations of same religion/culture would get into a fight. It's just over the wrong reasons. The mechanic is absolutely barebones, it's terrible.

>How do you deal with being behind in tech?
>A ton of money is spent on keeping corruption at bay, and I'm not even doing a good job with that.

I see you're going for the authentic Russian experience

>start game as Jianzhou
>get fucked in the ass by Ming and Korea

Fuck

Alright, lads, what should I take here? Just tanganyika has better borders but Kenya-Uganda isn't too bad. Should I recall from Lenje, the little nigger province in west Rhodesia, so my borders are more smooth?

Well since we're on the subject of things that don't make sense how about the fact that the Papacy is basically free territory since no one will come to their aid when you hire catholic mercenaries to burn Rome to the ground and usurp all of the Pope's territory.

I already have some provinces with 100% printing press. Those green ones all have printing press, but it's too slow. I even have global trade in some of them, but that too moves really slow. You mean I should just do the long wait of it reaching every single province in russia instead of paying for the embracement? As time passes by without teching up my unbalanced research is only getting worse. My corrpution is costing me 14 ducats per month, and I'm prevented from investing in buildings that will give me more money in the long run too.

>use the state edict
Sadly I'm on 1.19.2
>also focus on ideas and development
What do you mean exactly?

Come on, lads, this is supposed to be Grand Strategy general, I know you can see my posts.

Are you the same guy who have been posting this huge qing blob for a couple of days?

How much of the world do you own?

How come that after all those years the best map modtool we have is fucking clausewitz scenario editor?

Not much, really, I'm mainly world policing. I only took East Africa because of modern day Chinese investment there.

Why is there so much hate against based Preußen?

>world policing

Just found out that CKII beta has fucked Elective atm, my Reformed Bohemia game is fucked, thanks PDOX.
> forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/2-7-1-beta-elective-totally-broken.1009165/

How does one say "senatus populusque romanus" or "the Senate and the people of Rome" in German?

I've notied that in Vic2 goods for government purposes are bought in portions of 10% of needed good a day. How can I make purchases faster? Should I set stockpile? How?

HELLO IS THERE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO MOD EU4 ESPECIALLY MAP/SHADERS, 5 MINUTES OF WORK TOPS

There just aren't enough of those specific goods to go around (nor should there be, if there were the entire global demand would be met in a day and then nobody would need to buy any more). You will get a bigger share of the available goods the higher your ranking is. GPs usually get enough of everything, minor countries sometimes can't even buy a single military uniform or commission a single ship.

>all this time you've been asking you could have learned how to do it yourself

How do you deal with rebels as Jianzhou?

kill them

show ur blob

k lads

No, that's not the case. Even when I'm GP and economic powerhouse gathering all the resources for building a fort or a brigade still takes same 10 days. And they do it in queue, not simultaneously.

I COULDNT IM RETARDED AS FUCK AND KNOW SHIT ABOUT PARADOX GAME FILES

is there any breakdown for how much having non tributaries fucks your mandate? I was doing fine until the rest of the world got revealed and now my mandate is tanking.

That just means the demand outstrips the supply, as normal. Why would you expect gathering supplies to be instant? In real life it takes time, and the simulation accounts for that.

Then why waste your time modifying them?

>world policing in EU4
How?

breddy gud

>Previous ruler was a homo
>this one is a castrated cannibal
What's next for a glorious line of Rurik

>colonise africa
>get nigger advisors
Paradox really are shit.
just blobbing on an international scale
Nah, but seriously just policing other countries. I took the canal from the Mameluks, broke up GB into England, Scotland, Wales, and kept Ireland as a naval base. Gave Canada to a Manchu puppet state, divided Japan into a Nippon puppet and several Qing occupation zones, now am colonizing Africa a century early.

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

It is theirs by right

FUCK OFF BIGBENIS REEEEEEEEEE

Not long now, lads.

Should I take another colony, somewhere like Cameroon or the Ivory coast?

I was kinda hoping they'd make having tributaries give you monthly horde unity

When is it too late to take on Ming as Manchu?

>That response
>The fucking coat of arms for the religious head
I'm dying

>weebposting

>reddit posting

HoI III newfag here.
I accidentily attached an infantry brigade to my Theater HQ (I thought that by clicking on the HQ in the deployment screen, it would automatically assign it to a division that isn't "full" yet). How do I detach this brigade so I can attach it where it is needed?

Sounds fun. What's the best strategy to start as? Which horde in specific or any? I understand how to get 100% cav armies, so that's all good.

>for 160 months

After that you just go "eh, whatever"

because shit looks fantastic yet is not working as of 1.20

>(you)posting

Mil tech 9, maybe not, when asian units become better than horde's.

Is there an eu4 mod that nerfs niggers until they are literally niggers not the cucked vision of nigger-cock-loving-johan?

The best kind of posting.

>reddit posting
>reddit(space)posting