PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND GENERAL /PUBGG/

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

+++News+++
>Early Access Month 1 Update
playbattlegrounds.com/news/68.pu

>The changes to loot balance was not intentional. We'll be investigating what happened and restoring the old balance next week!
twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/855974622990184449

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3B_2PBfdazo
youtube.com/watch?v=FCQulQtwzFY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey boys, everytime I launch the game it kind of freezes when it shows the logo, I've tried so many thing to get this game fixed for the past few hours and nothing works.I've only just brought this game today and I haven't even been able to play it. I'm considering refunding the game. Before I do though I'm wondering if anyone here has had a similar experince and if they've fixed it.

Are the loot spawns fixed ?

>Clever_girl.avi

youtube.com/watch?v=3B_2PBfdazo

How're they broken? Are they nerfed? Is that why all I can find nowadays is the 1911, Vector and AKM?

Yeah, common problem, it's solved by I'm not your boy, faggot

They fucked up with the patch, so very few ARs are spawning, they said they will take a look at this on Monday

>he hasn't created a low-ink, printer friendly version of the map to mark tunnel entrances and other locations not denoted prominently on the in-game map

i actually like the current balancing situation a lot. Everyone having an AR seems stupid anyways

it wasn't that much work, really
I'm just happy you used it and that my effort wasn't wasted

youtube.com/watch?v=FCQulQtwzFY

looks cool, but there aren't that many tunnels on the map.

Btw, there is a bunker entrance halfway between Severny and Zharki but last time I couldnt enter it, there was an invisible wall. Anyone know what's up with that?

shit just noticed I didnt put the O/P bold grid-line in

I really like the fact that you've made a map like that anyway

woeps. thanks for the bug report.
I'll fix that up for the next version

I loved it when hard copies of video games would come with a nice glossy map you could have next to you while you played, like Morrowind and Oblivion. I doubt we'll ever see a physical release of PUBG when (if) it's ever finished.

Yeah, same for me
I liked GTA III, Oblivion and Morrowind because of that
it gave me something autistic to put on my walls for once

though for this I'd use it to mark spawns

F6L2 best spawns.

reposting from last thread

>not learning the spawn locations of vehicles so if the circle is far away you have a means to get there in time
>not having your secondary as a shotgun so when you roll up on a house and check it you can kill someone in one shot (generally)
>not driving (with a vehicle you obtained from your knowledge in step 1) to the next ring immediately and doing step 2
>rinse and repeat until the circle gets small enough that using a vehicle is not optimal and gives away your location from the noise

bunch of babies ITT and ITG that whine about the circle. It's a survival game, do what you have to do to survive

That's funny, I didn't know the shooting range was over there

The first circle does so little damage that you can keep looting until the second circle.

I like heading to the C buildings in the military base myself; I always end up with at least and AR and a scope with body armour and a helmet

does this game run really poorly for you guys?

why is is that when I'm in the waiting area pre-match that I get massive distorted noises and a bunch of people going 'china number one' but the sound seems fine once the plane gets going

>so very few ARs are spawning

I wish they never fixed this, sadly everyone and their grandma needs to carry a railgun M16.

I just joined a game and my guy refused to run normally
he was stuck in some semi strafe mode and wouldnt turn the way I was trying to
am I doing something wrong?

double tap alt

alt-tab

Why are NA servers so easy?

t. EU who has more wins on NA servers than EU

It's so shittily optimized that you need a fucking titan or something.

NA = Low IQ

>drop with AFKS
>get 9-12 free punch kills

???

All the good NA people are playing on EU servers.

is there any way to spectate after you die?
I want to at least see where the guy that killed me is

Not in solo, sadly. Sometimes I'd like to see who wins if the game's nearly over

>completely outplay someone in Vasnaya
>fuck up wide open flanking shot b/c of my potato aim

Getting old is miserable

I don't mind it either actually. It's not like ARs are rare, you're just not guaranteed to find one in every podunk farmhouse which isn't exactly a bad thing because it makes good drop points more valuable.

>Later-stage circles
>Lie down in the grass to plan my next move
>Someone runs right past me
>Stand up and blast them
>Move forward and lie down again
>Get two more kills this way

Are people in grass actually that hard to see from close up after the foliage patch, or were those guys just too fixated on the horizon?

That, and it actually makes people use the otherwise generally ignored SMGs.

did they fix loot? i just looted 4 small houses and got better loot than i got in 2-3 apartment buildings yesterday

That's just RNG for you. You can roll 4 20's in a row, then get lows for another 10 rolls.

it wasnt just a rifle and some shit
it was 3 rifles, at least 2 backpacks, 2 lvl 2 helmets, scopes, armor etc

also im probably gonna get super fucked by this circle being in the water again

I wish bolt actions and semi automatic rifles were more common and ARs less so myself.

forgot pic

It's not just RNG. They've admitted they fucked up the loot.

Tfw not found a vector yet

Kys

It's terrible, no need to search for it even

Reee

>player unknown traveling the world and eating fancy dinners
>now his game hit a higher peak player than h1z1 ever did

hes living that lavish life now lads

i hate when good things happen to bad people

>>not learning the spawn locations of vehicles so if the circle is far away you have a means to get there in time
While a smart tactic, it's also an annoying crutch that turns every match into the same thing.
The very first thing I'd do if I were in charge of the game is eliminate vehicle hardspawns.

>>not driving (with a vehicle you obtained from your knowledge in step 1) to the next ring immediately and doing step 2
Once again, it relies on the same crutch from the first point.

>It's a survival game, do what you have to do to survive
How the fuck does "I magically know where all the cars are going to be located ahead of time" fit into "survival" game? You're not doing any adapting, you're doing the same shit each round.

And yes, I know where the car hardspawns are, and no I don't die to the circle, but car hardspawns are a fucking crutch in this game that need to be eliminated.

Why would they ever revert the lootspawn to "getting AR's reliably in the first 2 minutes" again?

COD kiddies crying

>make a product people like
>people buy it
>grr capitalism is bad spread the wealth sanders 2020

>How the fuck does "I magically know where all the loot is going to be located ahead of time" fit into "survival" game? You're not doing any adapting, you're doing the same shit each round.
Yeah, guns, ammo, meds, etc should spawn randomly in bushes, water, and grass, not houses. This game fucking sucks because of static loot spawns, everything should be random.

What ever people might want, games like this will only work and be popular if it's a fair fight. And that means people getting AR/Sniper

But he's not talking about loot, he's talking about cars, which is why he said cars and not loot, you just changed it because you wanted to make a stupid retort that had nothing to do with the topic, which was that cats are too easy to find right from the drop.

The same logic applies. If the game is boring with static spawn cars, it's also boring with static spawn loot. Not my fault your literal ape mental capacity can't connect the dots.

No, it doesn't, because a car is a fucking car and a loot spawn can be anything from pants to an 8x or an AR suppressor. It would be retarded as shit running through fields with tab open and strafing to every bush just so you don't miss anything

Yes it does. If cars shouldn't be static, loot shouldn't be static. You said it yourself, it makes the game shit.

Both

Forcing people to leave foliage on is a good change but they haven't adjusted yet so they potato past bushes and grass without noticing anything

>Had a game yesterday where I was the only one of my squad left
>Hostile squad of 4 in one of the 2 story buildings with the garage
>Sit outside in a bush and shitpost at them
>They don't find me until I try to take them out when they load up into a car

I would have made it too if some asshole didn't try to keep me pinned behind a tree. We could have both made it but instead he chose to die to the zone.

It's like a shotgun where all the pellets are shot out one after another.

Good news! The game is going to be moddable.

I completly failed to kill a guy in the ruins and hid in a bush as he ran around for the next minute trying to find me.
He ran past me at least 3 times.

>The same logic applies

No, it really doesn't

The same logic would be "I know that an kar98 will always spawn exactly in this shed" and that would also be bullshit.

If I walk into a random shed, there MAY be a kar98. There might also be a SCAR, or a mini uzi, or a level 1 backpack, or jack fucking shit.

But if I go to the garage on the east road outside of Vasnaya, I know that there will ALWAYS be a Dacia in that garage. Every time.

There's a difference between % chance to spawn and a hardspawn.

what about knowing that the one showroom in the north city always has good drops for loot

Actually motorcycles can spawn in garages that dacias do, so you're wrong. So much for your wonderful logic.

I've been wondering if they'd change how vehicles spawn.
Knowing that there's always going to be a car in X place results in, at the start of at least every squad game, someone landing right next to it and driving off. Its pretty dicks.
I'd be ok with a couple of garanteed vehicle spawns in specific areas in really out of the way places, but I think that, eventually, the garanteed spawns in cities should be changed to chance spawns.

As says bikes can spawn in garages too, but one or the other will always spawn.

Shitters always settle for low placement and die to the zone trying to drag someone else down instead of aiming to the top.

I wish they would get rid of permanent vehicle spawns. It's basically always the plan to go to one of those spots and drive somewhere far to loot.

I'm ok with that but at least force people to find a car.

why create such a large map if every single fucking game ends in it zoning to a fifth of the size?
why not have 5 smaller, unique maps?

>drop next some guy
>he starts a boxing match trying to kill me
Fucking asshole. Doesn't he realize we both could've made it to the top if he didn't try to drag me down. I hate these shitters.

Not a bad point. I want maps that aren't all about open spaces too. Large complexes or something, dense cities.

Try being subtle next time and you might just get that (you)

It's like you morons don't get it.

Seriously also how ass blasted do you need to be to come post about something like that?? It's not even a good complaint for fucks sake.

Of course people are going to try to fuck you up from the get go.

Hell I've seen people on this general who have said they like to go into squad games alone and take someone out so that guy has to watch the whole time while his friends play. People are out for you constantly in this game, stop getting so angry over it.

I feel like you've missed his sarcasm

Yeah maybe but you sure?

>comparing someone trying to win the game and someone fucking up his teammates from pure sadism

With that argument - why implementing inferior weapons at all?

>running in front of blue jizz thanks to shitty RNG circles
>only viable path with cover is this thin line of forest
>RNG decides to drop redzone dead center on it
>have to book it throught the fields
>get sniped from a building camping faggot

Redzones are just another layer of RNG bullshit and should be removed.

>low on supplies in a long running solo game
>see Billy running over the fields
>line him up in my sights; should be an easy kill
>he spots me before I pull the trigger and starts firing back, alerting others where we are
why do these morons have to ruin the game? he could've gotten a decent ranking if he let me kill him quietly

How triggered do you have to be over one post.

git gud

You know what this game needs though? An actual shooting range, just a test place to test out guns and in their various attachments. A single player instance even.

Yes, I would hope they would add such a thing

it would be nice to learn drop and other things as well

When dickheads port onto the roof of a 4 story building near the school and come down the stairs to kill you..
When you were watching the first flight of stairs the whole time...

Why do cunts need to ruin games.

there is an actual shooting range modeled in game. All you would need to add would be some weapons and infinite ammo. Could probably done in an afternoon of work lol

>9 left alive
>guy jumps out of house in front of me and start shooting
>0/32 shotgun ammo, reload
>guy misses all his shots
>guy reloads his ar
>guy kills me

goat

Took me about three days, I haven't owned the game very long

this was working a few days ago but now everyone does it and its just a brawl

are you supposed to hear grenades? some guy tossed one at me inside a house in the staircase, I didn't hear so much as a little ting. Dead silence.

No not HIS team mates, he'd go into solo alone and take out someone from a 4 person team, which is easy if you dont mind getting killed.

I still don't have a solo win but then again I mostly only played squad and I have 3 of those out of like 85 hours.

tfw looted somewhere around 30-40 houses in the last 5 games and the best I found was ump with 2x

this is awful

>join squad
>forgot to unmute
>unmute
>they speak french
>say HOHIHOHIHOHIHO OMLETTE BAGUETTE
>they kill me
uhh pubgtards?

>join squad
>one doesnt connect
>other 2 were afk
>drop with them
>kill about 12 afk people including teammates
>play solo

Loot table was unintentionally changed in the latest patch. Scopes above 2x and AR's became incredibly rare even in places like military base.

It's funny because retards here and on reddit praised the ''change'' and claimed people were just salty.

>forgot to unmute

I haven't bothered unmuting since day one, granted i don't play with randoms so i haven't had a need to communicate in game and those rare funny times people talk and not just spam shit are usually not worth it.