/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Could not become a Raven
>The Fire Fades trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zKaHQVDjJZQ

>Patch 1.13
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JQvyQ9jGhP0
mega.nz/#!XRsw2BYR!8tOcLa8-BuGzW51lHgB2_C_svDf6UrDYmt9g62FPd-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You know, with how many people bring up the Souls series' Berserk references, I've never seen anyone make the comparison of Manus to Griffith.

It's actually really sound and neat.

youtube.com/watch?v=JQvyQ9jGhP0

What the hell do you do when you come up against a 4-man ganksquad as a squishy pyro?

>there are very few dragonsises left

Is there any way I could do a Mexican/cowboy cosplay? Probably in 2 where whips can be okay

wait for more people or 1shot the host

So, what the heck is The Fire Fades Edition going to be? I hope this isn't another SoTFS.

...which artist is this?

>So, what the heck is The Fire Fades Edition going to be? I hope this isn't another SoTFS.
It's literally just Dark Souls 3 packaged with the DLC

Guoh.

What makes you say that?

So like ptde then?

Is Midir Seath's son?

It's already out, and it's literally just a DLC package deal with the main game. No playerbase split. Nothing new. Just a cashgrab as far as I'm concerned.

I've never seen one in game...

He's black, so... wife's son?

Just fuck them up

so how do I make my char use the npc animations like crossing arms etc?

Collectors Edition

"just a cashgrab"

It's literally just a GotY edition. Ie; a bundle of the main game and its DLCs repackaged and sold at a lower price than its parts are when seperate.

>making a bundle of the game with all DLC is a cashgrab
>splitting the playerbase is a good thing
what did he mean by this?

Holy fuck that greataxe is legally retarded

Thanks.

>spawn in on rafters in post-Pontiff
>host+2 phantoms running at me
>Boulder Heave
>host and one phantom go flying off into the great nothing
>other phantom just kind of pauses... then jumps off after them
Of course, they'll be right back at it immediately, but still.

I really feel like Blessed LKGS is a one weapon thing
DSA seems pretty terrible when infused with blessed and besides those two I can't find any infusable weapons that have only phys & lightning damage, which is I assume why LKGS does so well with blessed

Most likely he was a dragon egg that was captured during the war, then hatched and brainwashed by the "gods" to serve them. I find it hard to believe he's a "descendant" of Archdragons since all dragon descendants have ended up being pitifully weak compared to true dragons, and Midir is arguably the toughest dragon boss of the franchise, much more so than Kalameet (whom Anor Londo feared) and Sinh.

Also, Shira is the one who is Seath's child.

I've been invaded by a few in the Ringed City.

What is that? If the ashen one found an armored core?

What SL is this?

no shit, but what to do once CE is open

Kalameet fucked Sinh and produced this being.

Well, Dragon Torso Stone builds are actually weak as shit and kinda gimmicky.

That host wasn't any better, I wonder what went through his head when he got hit by a vestige and keeps r1 spamming the corvian dude.

>having the help of a Corvian Knight

Well yeah of course you're going to fuck them up, you have a blender bird on your side.

Nuke the host or phantoms while they are engaged or fight in a place with gravity at play. If they roll wrong they fall and die.

Midir does look more stoney than most of the other dragons we meet, but he also has a Soul, so he's probably not an Archdragon. He's probably a descendant very close to his ancestry.

>dragons have no souls
Where is this ever implied?

I actually lost 3/4th of my health before that WebM because I stood in front of that blender. Since the seed nerf I'm learning that all sorts of enemies can actually hit you without the seed active, even if they're not hostile towards you.

They Heysel pick is literally the only good PVP casting implement, when you're fighting someone as a caster all they want to do is roll into you and hurt you, use the pick to catch their roll.

Dragonslayer's Axe has both physical and lightning. Not sure how well it scaled with FTH though.

Transfering over from the last thread..

COME ON DOWN TO THE BATTLE ON THE BIG BRIDGE, LAY YOUR SIGNS FOR SOME QUALITY TIMES!

>Go to the arena for fun at level 100
>Expect STR weapons since /dsg/ keeps telling me STR is the new meme
>Straight Swords and Rapiers
>One Splitleaf GS
>One Door Shield
>Quality Greatswords

You lied, dsg

>I can't find any infusable weapons that have only phys & lightning damage, which is I assume why LKGS does so well with blessed
It's nothing to do with the lightning damage, they're doing the scaling numbers on a per-weapon basis and somebody just put in a crazy high number for the LKGS, that's all. It's like Exile GS previously having huge damage when sharp for no reason, followed by it getting huge damage when Heavy for no reason.

Scimitar is interesting as an offhand for Dex/Faith because when Blessed it's basically getting the same damage it would have as Sharp or Refined in a physical build. Minus the ability to buff it.

hang yourself please

>equip thrall axe
>quickstep to victory

muh dark souls 1 then got retconned

Shira is obviously the famous Duke of Tseldora's daughter

>just fuck them up
>bird does most of the job
lel

Kalameet doesn't drop one.
The one Seathe drops was given to him by Gwyn.
The Ancient Dragon drops one that came from a Giant.
The Ancient Wyvern doesn't drop one either.

I don't mind if you're skeptical, but don't try to imply I'm crazy for suspecting true dragons don't have Souls. Sinh is the only one I can think of, aside from Midir, who drops one.

That's what the Soulmasses and Darts are for :^), keep you busy so I can smack you with my pick

>I actually lost 3/4th of my health before that WebM because I stood in front of that blender.

Bleed procs fucking hurt.

I got to eat today and it wasn't just one bowl of rice but two! I'm so happy and full of energy now. Let's play and have fun dsg!

The stormdrake doesn't drop one but it is implied in the curved sword it had one but the nameless cuck stole it from you by killing it himself

Stay the course, dragonsisbro. The path of the Dragon is not one that many can handle.

Sorry, I just got a migraine aura. I'm about to head to bed. I hope you have fun though user!

Post ashen ones

Stormdrake is Ornstein tho

>open the cheat engine table found here mega.nz/#!XRsw2BYR!8tOcLa8-BuGzW51lHgB2_C_svDf6UrDYmt9g62FPd-Y

>open process dark souls 3 by clicking the little computer on the top left

>now click on the open-table box under memory view

>look for movement and animations

>find idle animations

>click on its value and change it to whichever type of arms crossing you can find

You're not able to move freely around after you do this, you'll have to enter the value of 0 to reset your idle animation and walk freely again

The Stormdrake isn't a genuine dragon, it's a descendant.

Yeah turning into a dragon actually makes you a lot weaker in many ways. I guess you can Flynn Ring that shit and it'll work out? I don't know. Anyway, you can only do it out of scalie zeal and not out of a desire to actually win fights.

>check 40 min of recording at SL99
>4 UGS, 3 CGS, 2 Pyro, 2 GS, 2(pause)Kat, 2 Dagger
not a complete lie

the same as gaping dragon and yet it doesn't drop a soul either

What about tinder

>Start King's Field
>Literally every path from the starting point leads to horrible death
>Can't find a save point
Am i missing something? I feel like i am running around at low SL in the catacombs in Dark Souls.

Previous thread someone said you shouldn't go past 44 vig, but isn't 50 the soft cap for big?

>not out of a desire to actually win fights.

You can actually win a decent number of battles if you are a tricky fighter. Remember to get the under 30% long roll and use things like whips and suprise weaponarts.

Why not 60?

Where the hell is this?

Is everyone using the arena to pvp now or where should I invade around SL ~130?

Why not 99?

What is DS3's giantdad/meme headwear?

I use dragon form with Flynn ring and demon fists. It's pretty rough, but feels good to boost damage with dragon roar and whirlwind through everything. Remember the teachings of papa dragon!

elevator near old wolf

King's Field is nothing like Souls aside from the setting, you got memed

LMAO 2(pause)KAT

>Finally get past crystal sages
>dogs, suicide bombers, and knife-wielding midgets on rooftops
I don't know what I expected but it sure as shit wasn't that.
God damn it I just want my desert pyromancer stuff!

It's possible that there's a difference in what constitutes a genuine dragon, and various derivatives. After all, the Stormdrake is specifically cited as that, a drake. So the terminology (Dragon, Wyvern, Drake) may have different connotations.
It comes down to semantics, really.

IIRC, JSF once cited that in the Japanese text for DaS2, the Dragon Rider is implied to have once ridden a "Wyvern" or "Flying Dragon", and these are almost certainly the types of dragons the Lothric Knights were allied with.

Nevertheless, there's a lot more evidence suggesting that proper dragons do not have Souls, but can acquire them through certain means. The Gaping Dragon is specifically referred to as having once been an ordinary dragon, before its upper body transformed. The Stormdrake is likely not an ordinary dragon, but a derivative creature. Compare its body to almost every other dragon we meet.

It's also possible (but idk about this) that Midir had a bequeathed Soul, a sort of symbol that he was in Lordran's employ, that was corrupted by all the Humanity he gorged on.

rate my edge

>just met a guy in full fallen knight wielding the Frayed Blade in Undead Match
>he kicked my ass
Interesting

Go back in time and play King's Field as a child so you can pretend the games were good.

shame that those pants don't have any shoes, they could have been better than the eastern leggings

MOOOOOOODS

OH SHIT

look at that clipping elbow

>Fight against exile greatsword
>Apparently it swings in a perfect 300 degree arc with the greatest tracking of all time
>Also hits mid roll
>Somehow get caught in a 4 hit combo in spite of me rolling out

Jesus christ that was an annoying fight

I guess I'm SHIT

I'm just not having fun playing anymore. PvE is a slog, PvP is nothing but ganksquads and meme great weapon users. I haven't gotten past Spears, Midir or even encountered Gael, but at this point I don't even have an urge to. What a sad way to end a series I've enjoyed so much up until now.

I stuck to DS1, I don't like the dragonform in DS3.

Take a rest, come back and finish the Ringed City. It's a pretty good DLC.

>You can destroy the legs of the Stray Demon.

How did I not know about this before? Surprised the hell out of me just now on a new character.

Anyone got +1 & +2 rings they can hand me with the wolf ring?
If not just the wolf ring?

Looking to get back into DS3. Last time I played was when it first came out. Stopped playing after about 100 hours since dark sword meta was strong and I couldn't play a sorc character effectively in pvp.

Seems like there's been some new additions with Ringed City DLC and arenas now?

Also, is the go to PvP level range still 120?

Need to scrounge for batteries for my Game Boy Color, gimme a few.

>Looking to get back into DS3
stop right there

>tfw you'll never breed a dragon girl

Life basically sucks

sorcery is still shit, everyone is using hyper armor ultra-weapons and spamming wa, the dlc are shit

That sl is way too high to get invades, maybe youll get some at ringed city. youre stuck with the arena.

What?

>this is unironically these people's behavior
>/dsg/ is full of shit shit
>attracted to a shitty dragon form in an ugly game

>sorcery is still shit, everyone is using hyper armor ultra-weapons

>Hyper armor ultra weapon counter is still shit, everyone is using hyper armor ultra-weapons
huh

I want to get good at being a dragon. Is that possible or viable?