steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting encouraged

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/66xl0z/mfw_the_enemy_general_has_fallen/
www2.honga.net/totalwar/warhammer/units_compare.php?l=en&v[]=warhammer&f[]=wh_dlc05_wef_wood_elves&u[]=wh_dlc05_wef_inf_eternal_guard_1&v[]=warhammer&f[]=wh_dlc05_wef_wood_elves&u[]=wh_dlc05_wef_mon_treekin_0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Tatsuno finally sally forth after spending the entire fall season stuck inside Harima, and a Satsuma force under the emperor's personal banner is reinforcing, but it is mostly levy infantry and traditional units.

This is probably the last big battle of this campaign, as I only need 3 more cities, and have armies with striking distance of awari, on an island just south of hariman, and sado, which is finally about to be reclaimed from the Sado rebels

>go to custom battle
>pick Wood Elves
>no matter the comp i always lose
>against AI
i know the feel of being shit

FUCK OFF CHRISTIAN DAIMYO REEEEEE. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE CUTE SHRINE MAIDENS.

D A W I
A
W
I

Total War: 中国

>Chaos campaign save corrupted, 300 turns into the trash

How are you trying to play them?

Alright /twg/ after a couple of Warhammer campaigns I want to suffer.
WRE in Attila or Republic in FotS?

just as planned

The latter, and post updates or I'll haunt your soul.

>300 turns
>still ongoing

please tell me you already finished the victory conditions

I can't fucking believe it. I will have siege defense. Mod Better Siege AI did it work. I played so many Total War games and comfy defending was so rare to see.
I agree that it need more content, but i don't believe that heroes is what this game need. Maybe new kinds of wizards, but that's all and optional, as people usually don't like playing as mage in Vermintide. Beside this who could they add? Bretonnian Knight and someone from Kislev wouldn't be that much different from Bardin and Kruber. High Elf could be interesting, but except for him/her there is no more important good faction to add hero from.
New maps (which will have as new dlc is incoming), game modes (eg. versus mode from left4dead2 or at least fixing last stand, maybe some stealth based mode), new enemies (fighting against greenskins, undead, beastmen or chaos would be so much fun) if they even can do this as the game is called Vermintide or at least adding new skaven enemy types would be welcome.
>ANCIENT EMPIRES WHEN REEEEEE
Speaking of which, what are the recommended mods for Rome 2? I feel like i want to play as Rome, because i did two campaigns in it and neither was as Rome.

>300 turns

Modded? Or were you just really taking your time with it?

kite with aarchers as much as i can.

i beat every campaign on very hard so i don't know what i am doing wrong.
;_;

SFO

Ah. Was it fun?

You've been blessed.

one of my yari cav had to go charge and take out the enemy arty, which unfortunately resulted in me not noticing the other one was getting shot at by carbine cav until most of it was dead.

>tfw my marines can solo 2-3 enemy imperial infantry

god bless foreign veterans/general skills

Did everyone see this meme on le reddit XD
reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/66xl0z/mfw_the_enemy_general_has_fallen/

What's your army comp and what maps are you playing?

upboated

whatever comp i make with whatever race, i lose.
I am lost cause bruh

To the previous post about Vermintide's lack of quality there's hundreds of characters i can think of.

Slayer who gains damage the less health he is at. On higher difficulty does melee friendly fire but wrecks house with damage output.

High elf swordmaster who specializes on stances but cant block nearly as well. Cannot be on the same team as dwarfs and vice versa.

Ogre who is slow but has a charge bonus into enemy ranks and cant pick up tomes or grims because he must keep eating everything. Cant heal from standard means.

Arabyan summoner who gains more magic to expend on genies the more she kills in melee.

I really could do this all day. I only mention this lack of characters to indicate Fat Shark's reluctance to increase the web of interesting gameplay choices. Each new dlc without a new character is a fuckin bamboozle, I can't think of one issue that adding more diversity doesn't solve and it's right in front of their fucking faces they're just ignoring the elephant in the room.

Why aren't you hammer and anviling m8

updooted

>chaos campaign
>corrupt

what do you expected user?

Anyone here play Broken Crescent or Stainless Steel? Looking for bro's to play online battles against as Vanilla has gotten boring to me.

are you utilizing guard mode, skirmish mode, etc? When i started to do that with WE it really changed my game. WE should have a really strong treeline and a fuckton of archers with a score of wildriders in there as well. Add lore of life to good effect

After Sado falls, I win. Despite the setback in Hokkaido and the enemy's control of the seas, my armies couldn't be stopped, and pushed the enemy all the way to their breaking point. Eventually economic techs made up for the money lost from naval bombardment/trade raiding, and I was able to re-establish my fleets, allowing me to reclaim hokkaido and sado from the enemy.

the problem is i am attacking, can't make comfy fortress because fucking AI will stand there like a retard

you don't even need to go that far (or break the game adding Ogres) except the Slayer, the game needs a Slayer

>destitute drunk bretonnian knight
>non-hedge wizard from any Lore of magic bar Fire

Omedetou

How do I make my cavalry actually break away from the melee brawl, and avoid the enemy just sending a formation chasing them across the map?

Eagles my man. Bait the hell out of them with an eagle

>Slayer dies
>Proceed to revive him
>"Let me die you asshole!"
Fund it!

Fair, they are all just examples. I hate the thought that fatshark "can't think of any diverse characters to add on top of these" it's silly. That's their fucking jobs.

The bretonnian knight would be sick though, Maybe when he's on a roll he could get blessing of the lady until he takes damage again.

> and avoid the enemy just sending a formation chasing them across the map

That's to your advantage though. Having an elite enemy foot unit chasing your cav means that they won't be fightning your infantry.

it would be awesome if when he got killed by a rat ogre or something, he could automatically kill it with death blow but cant be resurrected after that

Im pretty sure the developers said they wanted to add a peasant character back in the games conceptual stage.
>tfw no yeoman who uses polearms and tower shields

I'm going to be dominated by a best elf!

You have to have an anvil for your cavalry hammer. If you send them in alone, you're going to have a hard time disengaging, and you'll lose more cav than you should. With the anvil, the enemy is already engaged and can't bring its full weight to bear against them, with the obvious bonus of it being fucking hammer & anvil.

Republic it is, I think I'll try Saga or whatever clan starts in Nagasaki. It'll be a bit though, I'm playing other stuff at the moment.
time for star forts and suffering

Either

a) pin the enemy down with your infantry
b) let them chase and hit them with archers
c) charge with one unit of cav, as soon as they hit pull them back and hit the enemy with a second cav unit. Rinse repeat until the enemy is gone

Tsu
Republic
Traditional Units Only

Give me a reason to take any Eternal Guard as basic line holders instead of Tree Kin

There is power within prayer!

how long until we start getting delicious gameplay footage of total war warhammer 2?

I'm hype but god damn I want some footage to allay the fear that this thing is rushed like rome 2.

Cost effectiveness? Shields? AP damage? Vulnerability to anti-large?

Cost effectiveness for the role of basic line holder i think is the salient point though

not before they reveal the 4th race.
or maybe at the same time they do.

Are wardancers just garbage for a normal wood elf army? Fuck, most of the wood elves melee roster just seems off

Tree Kin still hold the line while Eternal Guard is dead though

it does, doesn't it? I see the stats and i think "hmm not that bad" and then they instantly get shredded in actual fight

Not if they're facing anti-large units. Or missiles.
www2.honga.net/totalwar/warhammer/units_compare.php?l=en&v[]=warhammer&f[]=wh_dlc05_wef_wood_elves&u[]=wh_dlc05_wef_inf_eternal_guard_1&v[]=warhammer&f[]=wh_dlc05_wef_wood_elves&u[]=wh_dlc05_wef_mon_treekin_0

I agree with you that they're better at holding the line, but they also cost almost double.

G O B L I N S

>heretic gets fucked over by chaos
What were you expecting?

Goblin Dabbing

>tfw no trebuchet blessed by Aqua

If anyone cares, official BotET 1.5 is being uploaded by Tomdoof right now, and will be up tonight or tomorrow, depending on your timezone.

Why? Every damn time

"Goblin Dabbing" irritates me more, but really we only need one autist posting the same thing every general, not three.

Maybe they should set up a rotation.

Which race do you think is the most "noob friendly"?

New to TW or new to Warhammer?

I think the answer is dwarfs in both cases. Maybe vampires.

>New to TW or new to Warhammer?
no to both, just wondering what you guys think

VC

Fucking Karak Norn, always getting rekt by Skarsnik. Can't complain too much, since it's an easy confed but it's annyoing to lose Karak Norn itself and having to retake every time.

I'm with those two anons , Dwarfs and Vampire Counts are the easiest

>attack enemy fort in FOTS
>it's built on top of the hill rather than on a valley

This might be my first tricky battle in a long time

Yeah, siege assaults in FotS can be pretty tricky, especially in the early game when you're using a lot of traditional units.

BotET 1.5 official open beta release is being uploaded now. Should be out tomorrow.

To be fair it was blowing my mind how many forts were built on the bottom of valleys. It was so fucking stupid. Four sharpshooters and two cannon could whittle down a full stack to a few nearly broken units by themselves.

Yeah, there are around 4-5 different basic siege maps in FotS, each of which have five different fort levels, and the maps tend to be geographically grouped so at any point in a campaign you'll be fighting on the same siege map a lot.

Inflicted some damage, at least.

>make comp
>lose
>click generate
>get some fucked up wtf comp like pic related
>win
Why? Or is it just that a vast majority of my forces as elves is supposed to be ranged?

If I retreat from a siege battle in Shogun 2 (I'm attacking), does the siege go on or does my army flee?

Having superiority in ranged troops and artillery, I'm thinking going in, spending my ammunition and leaving would be a sound strategy if the siege goes on.

Yeah, I'm 90% certain your army will break the siege.

Is there a mod to add sarthoel as a playable lord in campaign?

Shame. Probably still works (I could definitely inflict more casualties than they can recover in a turn, and I think they won't reinforce at all since their castle will be damaged)

Yes. The Crynsos framework does.

I remember reading that someone said WH will need double it's memory space to patch itself. That true? Because I really don't wanna uninstall a bunch of other shit to deal with that.

yes - for whatever reason the game requires 2x the memory space that it does when updating. It is going to be nightmarish as the games get larger w/ the combined campaigns

Yep.

For whatever reason when the game needs to patch, it needs the entire game's worth of memory free.

So if the game is 30gb, you need at least 60 to install and have room for not to patch.

>Because I really don't wanna uninstall a bunch of other shit to deal with that.
Psst
Just reinstall WH

Here comes the first of probably many attacks from orcs halfway across the map, lovely.

who the fuck refers to hard drive space as "memory"

So why did the Skaven blow up the moon?

Someone also said that it's an issue with how steam packages patches for some games. Stellaris has the same problem that TW:W does, but not all Steam games are like that, so I don't really know what's going on.

They wanted to fuck shit up, but the consequences were worse than they thought

Any mods which change WRE town/city layout in Attila?

Tired of having my resurgent Roman Empire looking like a bombed-out hellhole

Play as ERE, they have better lookin' Roman cities

I know that, but I vastly prefer WRE's starting position and having six different types of barbarian cock wanting to fuck the shit out of me

Any mod which changes WRE architecture for ERE?

Why do people love this version so much? Is it the firearms available or something else?

Maybe it's just that I prefer my Asia free of the white devil and his horrible religions, but I never even picked this up.

Takes much longer to get the trees in campaign too and on paper they don't seem that much better. Especially by that point you probably have a few boost technologies for the elves and not the trees.

>and having six different types of barbarian cock wanting to fuck the shit out of me

Slut.

It's long term memory storage and has been referred to as such for as long as it's fuckin existed.

Because the moon was made of Warpstone, so blowing it up would cause a virtually unlimited supply of the stuff to come crashing down to earth ready for harvesting.

Unfortunately some rat didn't factor in the new proximity of the moon to the planet and things went very badly wrong, virtually annihilating Clan Pestilens and completely annihilating Lustria in the process.