/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

The secret to MH5's popularity

>News
Athena's ASS for MHXX: mediafire.com/folder/9hl2c2zbp7h1l/MHXX
Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2.1: my.mixtape.moe/bkbjso.png
English Patch Project: gbatemp.net/threads/465296/
Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Discord did nothing wrong.

they bully charlotte

Only Nora and zv are cancer. The rest are good hunting bros.

mlx, pls

>You will never pave a pet monster.

>He isn't a solo hunter

Defeat ALL of the blighted monsters!!!

Someone give me a theme for my armor transmog. Something besides slut.

>zv
But he's a cool guy though. What did he do wrong?

NAME DROPPIN'

Kamen Rider slut

Paladin

Weeb Slut

magical girl

naked with uragaan boots

Let's be real.
If you picked a female character your intention was to make her a slut all along.

Someone give me a theme for my armor transmog. Something besides male slut.

magical girl

What's her problem?

>tfw have a plate armor fetish
>bonus points if at least the top half of the face is covered

I miss my Rebellion relic set

Full Barioth

If you're a female, attempt to make the most intimidating, powerful looking armor set possible
If you're a male, just cosplay shovel knight

And Larinoth Mask? I'm going to do this!

Is there a shovel weapon?

Pic related, what is this ailment on Ping's Dex?

>have an irrational fear of the deep and especially the underwater creatures
>also really fucking spooked by basking sharks
>mfw fighting Zamtrios for the first time

Woah you're still alive? Gen's last boss is a squid.

so what do you think about dauntless?

cute boy

garbage

Not Monster Hunter and not even a good hunting game in its own right.

Did you play 3U?

No. I played Freedom United a few years ago on an emulator but it just didn't work. Bought a 3DS a few days ago and installed 4U. A dozen or so hours later I'm having a lot of fun.

I rarely come to Veeky Forums but this is important. how the fuck do i catch monsters
>fight monster until limping away
>run to set down shock trap
>waltzes right past and gets away

or

>fight monster until limping away
>wait until it falls asleep in adjacent zone
>attempt to sneak up and lay a trap
>it wakes up and cant be captured

what am i missing? i have to re-start the quest everytime i fight this fucking bear and it walks away from my trap

are you using the tranq bombs/tranq shots?

He kicks HH players on sight while being an adept DB baby

You should play 3U someday and face your fears.

i was told to use tranq bombs after they are trapped. the problem is i cant trap them, and thus the tranq bombs dont have any effect

lust

Imagine underwater zimzam.
Gets the ice armor in ice maps only and a new form on other maps.

How are you not able to trap them?
Literally all you have to do is lay one down and make them walk over it.

I hope you guys remembered to take a break from hunting and vote Marine Le Pen.

wait until it falls asleep, sneak and put the trap RIGHT next to it( under it if it's a big monster) and after it falls into the trap, assault it with the tranq bombs/shots you need 2 to capture it

Being fashionable is hard. There's not enough variety for traditional looking plate or leather armor.

>Run ahead of monster to lay trap
>it walks past me while i am laying the trap
>goes into the next area while i sit with my thumb up my asshole and a now-useless trap on the ground
i am very new to monster hunter

Ill try that. is sneaking when youre crouched, or when you are moving slow? it seems to wake up regardless before i get the trap in place

Well, I did it. I had to bitch out and use adept though. I've rolled through the pink rathian tailflips every now and then, but can't do it consistently over 20 minutes.

Also, super deviants have ridiculous KO tolerance. It's to be expected, but fuck. I got 3 golfswings off in about 10 seconds and it still took another 1-2 minutes to get the first KO.

You're not supposed to get the trap out as it's limping away. Limping is just a sign that it can be trapped.

Just follow it to the next area and set the trap there. Then tranq it when it hits the trap in the new area.
You can also do the two tranqs before it hits the trap and it will still work as long as it hits the trap soon.

Monster only wakes up if they get attacked or if you stay around the sleeping area for too long. It shouldn't wake up if all you do is lay down a quick trap. Maybe a small monster was trying to attack you and hit the large monster instead, waking it up.

Probably best you can do is familiarize yourself with which areas monsters go to when they're weak and lay the trap near the zone exit if it's a terrestrial monster or on the specific area flying monster takes off from.

You need to git gud with the trap placement. If you dung bomb it when you fuck up it might just got back to the area with the trap.

I really don't think there's any shame in using adept on a fight where light hits will rip off half of your health or more

please adopt

i'm hungry

>do heavenly eye mizutsune G5
>one guy leaves after 3 minutes
>stays in lobby
>when we are done he hosts a new quest

what was he thinking other than getting kicked and blocked lol?

fucking japs

Fuck off out of here you racist nazi biggot.

aha mer il et fou

thanks friends

also what are some good weapons for a beginner? right now i got a hunting horn, solely because i wanted a big hammer and the hammer is tiny, and another character with the longsword. im gonna try the sword and board for the HH char because its a bit goofy and the damage isnt that great, unless theres something better for me to try?

I guess. Especially with toxic though. I didn't get much use out of dragon instinct because being a 2/3 health is a death sentence thanks to toxic.

light bowguns are a good to learn hitboxes and hitzones, also can carry different types or ammo

why make multiple characters

Sword and Shield
Greatsword
Hammer
Lance
Bow

>and another character
I hope you don't mean that you're trying to level multiple characters just for weapons. Just use one character for all the weapons.

lol check out this MuhamMAD.

That's a guy.

i tried the bowgun, but fuck that aiming is rough. is there like an auto target or do i have to git gud with being a stationary tank

because i am a novice and dont know what the fuck i am doing. i thought i would make one for hunting horn, and one for longsword

i also have no idea what to do about armor. im still winging it with the leather

You're right, I won't.

there's auto-locking but you need to aim manually

Never.

>i thought i would make one for hunting horn, and one for longsword
but why
And read up about armor skills.
Don't play HH solo, and don't play GL, ever.

caught the bear. thank you everyone for helping a poor retard out. i could have been stuck on this quest forever.

Why? Do you like being shot and having assault trucks squish your people every other month?

what is GL? greatlance?

also, what is some good armor skills to have early game? i dont want to commit until i know what is worth getting

Yes, for felynes

Now is there a cat knight armor?

Morrowind Chitin Armor. Too bad it's a gunner set.

Have you done the training missions to try out each weapon? In the early game it doesn't matter too much which armor set you have. Just focus on upgrading your weapons and not getting hit.

But the ones doing the shooting and trucking are also technically my people. Adding layers of hatred and fear over each other is never good.
My can't eveyone be good guys and all of us be friends?
I'm sorry this isn't the place but I'm very bitter right now

>But the ones doing the shooting and trucking are also technically my people

Wow I didn't know Muslims played Monster Hunter.

You need to be like superior Nippon. Kick the gaijin out. A homogeneous society is a clean and safe society.

>when you make your mounting shoutout "Allahu Akbar!"
>when you make every single shoutout "Allahu Akbar!"

How solo hunta are you? Are you "solo" or are you no AI companions, gathering hall only, TRU SOLO LONELINESS?

Ye I'm so bad at the game because I'm wearing a burqa.

is she turning into a narga??

Pretty sure all the bomb cats are Muslims.

adept being used for surviving and not for m o r e d a m a g e always carry a bit of shame with it. it's why adept db against glav and narga is fine but anything other than striker against zinogres, monkeys and jho is suicide tier.

>XX is so fucking shit that /mhg/ had to let politics in to even have a modicum of activity

Do I need to advance my HR to unlock Village 10* Nakarkos, Amatsu, Akantor and Ukanlos?

I cleared all the key quests on village 10* but I'm only HR3 at the moment

What's wrong with GL?
Never played GL but I keep seeing people shitting on it and I'm wondering if it's really as bad as anons keep saying.
Is it at least fun?

Fun? Yeah. Useful? Not really. It's shitty in basically every way. It's bad for solo play because shell damage doesn't scale with G-Rank in any way, shape, or form. It's bad in multiplayer because it's still too slow to keep up with the monster AND shells blow everybody else away constantly.

It is THAT bad, worse than prowler bad.
It's good in P3rd and 3U though. It's quite fun, but I still consider it a bad lance.

I got cats.

Good things to come out of Gen/XX:
>playing as a cat
>Valfalk
>...
>...
>that's it

>other hunters
>hackers and fags
>force you to take turns on quests
>cart every fucking time
>trip you constantly