/ndg/ - NieR/Drakengard General #68

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

TARO WANTS TO KILL US EDITION

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/nier/comments/6729ys/spoilers_new_2b9s_information_from_nier_concert/
strawpoll.me/12813189
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In my head's cannon, 2B is my gf

Hey, at least we almost had the perfect video game ending, guys.

Looking forward to more pointless conjecture.

Reminder that Toobie is very smol an that her butt is less large than a normal woman's

fanboy tears. delic!

The game's ending hasn't changed.

I want Commander to fuck me while moaning "Glory to Mankind"

STFU faggot, ending E was perfect,2B9S is the best couple, get the fuck out of here

Only its entire underlying message was apparently destroyed.
What a shame.

It's CANON.

CANON
A
N
O
N

One of the most common but fucking stupidest mistakes. It's the "could of" of narratives.

This general turned to absolute trash and the downtime between threads proves it.

I just finished the game and answered "Yes" to the final question. Then I realized there will be DLC. Was this a trap? Do I have to start the level and weapon material grind again if I want to play it?
Also, thanks whitestardust_2, if you're here.

Hopefully the crybabies left.

well you can thank taro for this apparently

mhmh motto motto!

I literally just finished up the last route of the game and came here for some discussion now im all spoiled, what are you talking about?

What happened? I missed everything from last thread

Leave and don't come back

Yep.

But don't worry, it looks like the arena stuff in the DLC is going to be badly designed given the recommended level stuff.

You're either gonna be starting a new file because you deleted your save and be too low level without completing the game again, or you'll be overlevelled for everything but the highest rank stuff.

Some vague not really confirmed and out of context spoilers from the concert script got out in Japanese and retards went into screeching mode because it's better to shout now than to just wait and see and then react.

9S fangirls are being hormonal over an unconfirmed addition post ending E.

>tfw i have no idea what the fuck is going on with the plot of this game

Maybe I'm just a brainlet but it feels kingdom-hearts tier to me.

I might just do that

Mind sharing the info, or pointing in me in the direction of it?

It was only like 2 minutes, I started this one and it was my first time posting a general, didnt knew if I had to wait more

>your thinking about how much you want to fuck 2B aren't you
Holy shit my game became self aware guys.

>the plot turns into something like
>when ever 9S "falls in love" with 2B
>2B triggers 2E and kills 9S
>this will always repeat everytime

lol easy allies faggot censored comments and ratings on their LP

Are there actually people like this coming to a spoiler filled thread to livetweet their experience of the game at the risk of ruining stuff for themselves?

Does this happen?

9S wont wake up. That. Now go and cry in a corner like I did all the fucking day

There's a link to the previous thread in the OP, where you can basically read the posts as stuff was breaking. Otherwise, there's also a compilation thread on the subreddit: reddit.com/r/nier/comments/6729ys/spoilers_new_2b9s_information_from_nier_concert/

long story short
there will be a nier concert in ~1.5 weeks coupled with a stage performance
someone got the script
there's a ton of actually interesting and confirmed new info about 2B/9S that makes their love story only better
but apparently Taro decided to be a jackass and follow on ending E when it should be left absolutely alone
there's no confirmed spoilers for that part of a stage play that will concern E ending aside from possibility of 9S never waking up which completely fucks over collective effort of players to give a new chance to all characters and also makes zero sense lore-wise, directly contradicting ending E where pods directly state that they got all memories

but, i repeat, nothing about the post-E is confirmed because all info comes from 2ch and could as well be a simple spoiler hyseria, but the fact Taro actually decided to follow on E is immensely disappointing by itself

Yeah I think what you are describing is a lot closer to reader-response, which is actually a bit more contemporary and really just as interesting as structuralism.

The example

>I like her cooking

Seems simple, but can have different meanings. Could mean you enjoy the food she makes. Or could mean you like it when she's in the kitchen. Could feasibly even mean you like roasting her on a spitfire.

Traditionally the explanation as to why people understand the correct meaning is through intention. Somehow you just naturally can understand the intent of the speaker.

Structuralists criticize this explanation as being vague and possibly relying on some kind of metaphysics since intent is something intangible and unknowable. Rather they say meaning is simply derived from the structure, or context of the situation. So if you say I like her cooking, and you're currently eating something she made then you understand it that way. Or if she's currently cooking then you under stand it that way. Or if she's burning... you get it. So meaning can only be understood in relation to the context or structure in which it occurs.

It's simple stuff at base, but you can see how the focus on intent would lead to an author focused analysis, and how structuralism would reject that as not even a valid source of meaning, preferring to focus on the structural relations of the work itself. It would actually be somewhat self-defeating for a structuralist to try and posit their own interpretation as a reader because that would just be falling back on the notion that you could understand the 'intent' of their reading. For instance, Derrida would not even say that he deconstructed a text, but rather that the text 'deconstructed itself', just to make the point that it wasn't just 'his' reading but was inherent in the text itself.

Its just a bunch of rumors and pictures of pages from the script, except conveniently no pictures of the part everyone is pissy over. Apparently 9S doesn't wake up after ending E and melodramatic retards claim this somehow ruins everything.

strawpoll.me/12813189

Given the context given later in the game, me and my friend have talked about what the question actually was, so yeah. Voice your understanding of it.

Apparently 9S never wakes up in Ending E. Japs who went to the concert haven't scanned/taken pics of the script ending, so we don't know if it's true.

What even was the point of the soul box

>inb4 Taro will force everyone to sing the end of yorha to wake him up when all hope was seemingly lost

One of the options doesn't make sense at that point in the story. You fags need to realize that sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one.

Huh. Thanks for the info, this doesn't really break me all that much desu, I would assume people are overreacting. If it were something that important, I doubt they'd leave it out of the game.

People seem to read into things just to get angry.

>If it were something that important, I doubt they'd leave it out of the game.
the whole problem that it's Taro we're talking about
but this seems like a complete nonsense that straight goes against the game's lore because 9S had more chances of dying at the end of A/B than when pods have all his fucking memories and his body

yall need to relax. give the man the benefit of the doubt and lets wait and see what happens before we collectively reeee at him

Somewhere far away Taro laughs maniacally, being happy that he will get a fair share of shekels from the concert after he personally leaked incomplete spoilers on 2ch.

Could you guys explain me this quest from this cutscene where you have to grab some items from various parts of the map. I can't find anything on the wikia.

>YoRHa combat data is the emotional bonds formed by androids in combat
>research to figure out how to love
>research to give their lives meaning

I've heard conflicting shit.

Is the Emil in the truck/the one you interact with the real Emil or no? I'm assuming he's a clone.

Was 2ch demanding proof from the people who claimed this shit, or did they just accept it blindly, or blow it off?

Aside from the whole clusterfuck with E ending, new flashback spoilers about 2B and 9S are so tragic yet heartwarming it hurts.
>153 is a traitor
>9S either figures shit out even faster than we think or outright knows shit across incarnations
>he's in such a love with 2B he doesn't resist being killed or straight commences suicide just so she won't have to suffer more
>2B is chosen for this job because A2 showed high performance under extreme pressure yet she admits she can't handle this job and has a feeling to 9S she can't describe by herself

He's the true one.

So the true Emil is permanently dead now?

Yes, and thank god for that, poor dude didn't deserve this.

9s knew about it before the game starts

Sure.

Yeah but there's still a bunch of Emil clones that still have portions of his memory or will recover his memory, and there are new clones being made. So his suffering still continues.

YoRHa was created by the machines too.
Machine cores are based on Gestalts.
2B is a reindeer.

They are greatly confused from what i saw.
There's no confirmation for the spoilers. We know about one person who has the script but he's an asshole and keeps silent about that part. There's no screenshots of that ending aside from one that directly fucking states that 2B actually hears 9S' voice.

All around, i think Taro just wants to tie this with entire auditory performing Weight of the World so that 2B's voice can reach 9S. If he actually pulls this out, this concert will end up being fourth wall breaker the size of E ending itself. No words needed, just show him waking up and pull the curtains down.

I'm not sure how what we've heard so far would even make sense.

9S won't wake up and he uses his last words to tell 2B 'I didn't go to space'? I mean, wat. Like that's all 2B really wanted to know is if he went to space or not. That would be a bizarre as fuck ending.

Plus if he didn't go to space then why wouldn't he be able to wake up in the first place?

Someone redpill me on Automata's glitches/exploits/easter eggs etc

user, just stop believing a typical spoiler hysteria.
I swear, it takes the shape of "Roronoa Zoro lost one hand" back from wan piss timeskip.

all im seeing is he finds out and gets killed not that his memories transcend wipes

>9S asks 153 if he was found while breaking into the moon server
>he was actually found because 153 itself sent a signal to Commander
asshole
at least Commander had a change of heart

it's the speed he finds shit out matters first
153 tells that 9S knows everything when it's time for another assassination
up to 2B's role
and he kills himself

>・9Sが「2Bは光だ」的なナレーションをどこかでしていた。

>9S said "2B is the light"

I mean I know it's stupid, I'm just not sure I wouldn't put it past Taro.

Although, don't the pods pretty explicitly state in the game that they recovered all of their memories and can and will bring them back? I mean he'd have to retcon that shit, not sure even he would go that far.

She didn't have a change of heart.

Was probably just gonna have 2b kill him during the invasion.

Pods recover 9S' body too. Both his memories and his body are near 2B. There's not a single reason he shouldn't awake given that he had it far worse on ending A and survived by leaving traces of his self in machine network, not having his memories saved by 042.

whats the point of status cures if only two enemies in the game have status inflecters?

Doubt it. Commander specifically states that she wants to see 9S' course of actions.

She was probably acting cool about it because she didn't want an incident on the bunker

9s could be more easily dealt with on ground.

What speed? The story bit we have just starts out with him finding out, we don't know how.

There's no easier way to deal with him than swarm him with all E models in bunker.
Enraged 9S is a monster and 2B alone can barely hold her own against him.

On the bunker he can self destruct or heavily damage it.

On ground, if he gets stuck there he can't get back up. They could just wipe him if he attmepted to use a terminal.

Why did 042 develop sentience before 153? You could tell that during his conversations with 153 during Route C he was considerably more humanlike

I mean, why not?

Given that she knows about the back door and that the time is near, she probably just isn't worried about it, or it's even just part of the plan. N2 didn't seem particularly surprised when 9S made it to the tower, in fact it seemed like they set it up to where he would.

She doesn't know about the YoRHa disposal plan.

This, plus for all we know she was just better at covering it up.

She didn't know about Yorha getting fucked by the machines.

Is it even possible to change his heart?

If he had a Palace, it would probably have some flippant thing for him to change his heart over.

IE: he was actually just stealing coffee filters and shit from the SE office.

>People butthurt about possibly getting TARO'd by the concert

Reminder that ending E wasn't an ending he wanted to write

That's odd, the backdoor was only level-S. She must have known it was there for some reason. I'm just not sure I see any reason for her to just be like yeah fuck it let 9S do whatever. If there were some actual documents indicating that she was sick of it all or something, then maybe.

I keep seeing this posted and yet nobody ever sources it.

I don't give a shit about what he wants, actually. Ending E is a collective effort of players and characters themselves. If he wants to sabotage it with cheap forced drama i will forever be disappointed in him.

That's the way the cookie crumbles brah

That's a theme of Taro's work. Happily ever after doesn't exist. Even if things work out, they might go to shit later. There's always hope, but there's always despair, too.

>Happily ever after doesn't exist
Someone needs to read E ending of original Nier which was perfectly happy for the main cast aside from Emil who got his happy ending in Automata by being mercy killed.

not a single Taro ending was comparable to Automata's E thematically and in terms of message
when your entire developer team starts singing to encourage you to pull through their bullshit and kill them, last thing you should expect is Taro sabotaging his own message

:( they are truly a great couple

>lomeo, lomeo
>jurieto, jurieto

I'm aware, but I'd like to see whether that's the case in the Japanese original. In the English archives, the fact that YoRHa is meant to be disposed of is revealed in the records about the Black Boxes, which is not the case in the Japanese version. Think about it: You get the record on the Black Boxes in the Soul Box and 9S mainly addresses the fact that they're made from machine cores, whereas the record (in English) also contains info about YoRHa's disposal. Then, when N2 gives him the YoRHa disposal records in the Tower, he freaks out as if it was completely new information to him. That's because it was supposed to be new, as it is in the Japanese original. Localisers just bungled it up.

So yes, it is "odd", it makes no sense that the backdoor would be listed under Level-S clearance when the actual point of the backdoor is then classified as Level-SS, but there's precedent for the English archives to fuck up precisely that kind of thing.

Didn't catch you last thread. Anyway seeing as you have a 940M I take it you're on a laptop with integrated graphics next to it. Make sure to configure the Nier;Automata executable to use the Nvidea graphics card. It didn't automatically select it for me either.

>lomeo

Tthe nips wouldn't pronounce Romeo like that, they'd phonetically speak "Ro-Mi-Oh"

So, lets assume that 9S dying is true, what do you think will happen with 2B?

She'll develop a complicated look on her face.

>but I'd like to see whether that's the case in the Japanese original.
>M-muh Japanese!
Fucking weebs man

I doubt either of them are the real Emil. 80-some million copies and all that.

Maybe 153 was was trying to suppress the growth of her sentience because it made ordering kills on 9S too painful, the same way 2B tries to suppress her emotions because of killing him.
Meanwhile 042 is curious about these sorts of things and actively tries to figure them out.

Pod 153 = 2B
Pod 042 = 9S

It's not a weeb thing, you fuck. Translation can mess things up, regardless of language. I'm sorry this one happens to be Japanese.