Tfw professional trader on six figures at 22 in my first year out of college

>tfw professional trader on six figures at 22 in my first year out of college

ask me anything

can you send me 1500 for a new computer friend.

What degree did you do?

I have earned a significant amount of money from internet marketing, but cba to learn anything about trading... would now be an alright time to dump it in a Vanguard index fund? if yes, what funds should I be looking at?

send me 500$ for rent?

>What degree did you do?

Mathematical finance.

> but cba to learn anything about trading... would now be an alright time to dump it in a Vanguard index fund? if yes, what funds should I be looking at?

I don't know. That's not what trading is.

I'm a major in bird law, I know a stupid major.
Are you self employed, or do you work for a big money company like Jim Kramer?

mfw when
- you actually have to dress like that for work every day
- you work insane hours
- your company is set up so that most people who try to succeed there will fail and the only way to climb the latter is insane hours in a hypercompetitive environment
- you say six figures and you mean almost exactly 100,000$. everyone who makes "six figures" makes between 100 and 200k per year. lol
- statistically you are likely to burn out within 2 years

good job though

What software/language do you use at your new job, and which did you use at previous projects

What do you trade?

> mfw you use mfw and you post no face
> mfw when you use - instead of >

give us tips so we can follow in your footsteps user

>- you actually have to dress like that for work every day

No I don't. I'm a trader, not an investment banker.

>- you work insane hours
50 hours a week. Not crazy.

>- your company is set up so that most people who try to succeed there will fail and the only way to climb the latter is insane hours in a hypercompetitive environment

Nope.

>- statistically you are likely to burn out within 2 years

Nope

>- you say six figures and you mean almost exactly 100,000$. everyone who makes "six figures" makes between 100 and 200k per year. lol

Correct - and I'm pretty happy with that as a starting salary.

Work hard

Derivatives

Work hard and be smart*

>50 hours a week. Not crazy.

50 hours is crazy for an employee.

"40 hours" (38.5) is normal.

unless it's a startup. then 100 hours is crazy and 70 is normal.

in my book 100k for 50 hours is actually 80k, but w/e.

Some people are actually ambitious and want to make themselves succeed.

Be more specific about your career path

Do you think you can beat the Index?

>give us tips
>"work hard"

are you always this shitty at answering questions?

what cert did you pursue or are going to? I.e cfa cap ect

any internships taken while in school?

I'm a trader not an investor. But yes the company definitely does.

What do you expect me to say? Give you some secret tip that will make you money? It doesn't work like that.

Work hard and be smart, find what professions pay a lot, see what's needed and work towards getting there. That's what I did and it's the only advice I can give.

I work for a derivatives trading firm. The company teaches us how to trade, we eventually trade their money. Right now I just get my 100k salary as I'm learning but down the line I'll have a base salary plus performance related bonus.

No certs, just a degree. I had internships, mostly academic.

Not again this moron. Please do us all a f avor and stop creating threads

This.
OP is incredibly transparent

/thread

mathematical finance is not a major and this is a fake post
/thread

you gotta realize that you're not really helping yourself succeed, you're helping others succeed.

don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin on ya.

but just sayin you can be a BART janitor and make 6 digits.

>roleplaying the thread

Any proof youre not roleplaying?

This is /biz, everyone loves to roleplay.

why are you not working for yourself?

that's actually Veeky Forums but nevermind

so, a prop firm? Did they recruit you or did you apply to an open position?

how many exchange seats does the firm own?

I am helping myself succeed. I'm earning a very good salary right out of college and more senior traders make a large multiple of that.

Ok

What kind of proof could I provide?

Making a living trading right out of university is pretty damn hard. The capital requirements alone make it almost impossible ffor the vast majority.

My friend got a job right out of college working for google for the same amount of money. Him and his team play video games half their shift and dont work 50 hours (usaully)

>CS is a meme degree

>so, a prop firm? Did they recruit you or did you apply to an open position?

We trade the company's money. I applied.

Proof of income (you probably dont get paystubs, huh?) with personal details covered, but with a /biz timestamp.

No one believes you loser.

I don't care if you believe me. You're some random guy on the internet who is less succesful than me.

Not going to post any potentially personal information.

Any books on trading you'd suggest OP?

Then I am afraid you are lying for attention

Nice try

The market wizards series, Reminiscences of a stock operator are the first two that come to mind.

>with personal details covered

No proof = just another roleplayer. Alternatives work too if you think of something

I'm not, but if you don't believe me I don't care. Leave the thread.

See:
>Alternatives work too if you think of something

Let me know if you think of something.

Just remember it's not terribly important to me that you believe me so I won't be going out of my way to provide anything and certainly won't do anything that could reveal personal information.

Burden of proof falls on you Bub.

I already offered a suggestion

>Burden of proof falls on you Bub.
It would if I cared enough. I don't.

And again, I said to cover any personal info. No one has asked for any

Then why do you keep replying you retard?

Then why should anyone care enough to listen to you?

>And again, I said to cover any personal info.

It's a bank statement - all of the info is personal to a degree. What do you want me to do, post a screenshot with everything blanked out except a number?

You dont have any verification of income besides bank statements?

>I work for a derivatives trading firm
They dont provide you with ANY confirmation of pay?

Payslips are online on my company's internet.

around campus?

where you at a target school? currently in your footsteps but not at target school.

>around campus?
yeah

>where you at a target school?
Yeah, but not ivy leage/oxbridge tier.

Appreciate it boss, hope to see you at the top. best of luck to you in hopefully this bull of a year!

do you do scalping or some longer term trading

It's probably more similar to scalping, but there are occasional longer term trades we do.

>not blue or green eyes
>suits instead of muscles
>wagecucking 80h/week at a bank for min wage
>alpha
I got bad news for you kid

I work 50h a week with 6 weeks vacation a year, I don't work for a bank. And I make more like 45$ an hour.

Also I do have blue eyes. Don't have muscles though.

All this kind of trading is pure greed and will very likely lead to the dollar becoming worthless someday which it almost already is. the recession is coming guys.

>bird law

What in the fuck

>le infinite wage cuck denial

Nope, Veeky Forums is the most well known roleplay hub on the site above Veeky Forums and even /qst/, /a/, and /d/

Nah, I like watching your mental illness go the full mile every time you make this thread

tell me about AMRS - what is your analysis of it?

>your mental illness

irony

Why do you think I'd have analysis on a random stock? What is it that you think traders do?

This.
These books + one up on Wall Street and a subscription to futures.io made me profitable. Not shilling that site by the way a lifetime subscription is only 50 bucks and the only relevant info would be from reading old threads from tiger trader. Anyways blew up 3 accounts and now I'm profitable. Posting actual proof which is quite rare here.

>potentially personal information.
If you think anyone here has the knowledge or the motivation to track down some 22 year old, using a photo with no personal information included, you must be deluded beyond belief.

stop LARPing you faggot

What should i evolve my Eevee into?

CS is defintely a meme degree

>tfw I'm also making +$100k

Hey dude, the guys here in Veeky Forums are part of a good organized stock trading chat.
Good bunch of guys, we'd love to have ya..
Any interest?

professional trader, and put pic of guy wearing a bow tie... go tell mommy to warm up your tendies kiddo

you guys should just refer all questions to me since i make more than OP and am older and smarter.

This is a really fucking pathetic thread.

Seems like OP just got a nice job out of school and wanted to show off to someone but doesn't have any friends so he came here.

None of his answers are the least bit interesting, and he's obviously putting almost zero effort into his posts.

are you making markets on options?

How to you pick stocks? Do you specialize in trading in a particular industry?

>yeah i make a bunch of money doing something related vaguely related to derivatives
>you want advice?umm just work hard
>why are all you fags complaining lol I could care less I just took the time to come here and post a bait thread only to not post anything of substance whatsoever

>How to you pick stocks? Do you specialize in trading in a particular industry?

Are you Jewish?

>trader

post time stamped picture of your bloomberg terminal

OP here

>tfw everyone is jelly of me

I can actually do this later

Can you show us your W-2?
Kind of bummed because I only got a job making $75k out of college
it's only 40 hour work weeks but growing it to six figures will be a pain in the ass

Pick a stock for me to load up on my Bloomberg terminal later for the biz screenshot.

>Tfw avid risk taker, loving money is also in my Jew blood
>Shit at math
Fuck

Aww shit wrong post, this is awkward.

How do you feel knowing that, despite your no doubt considerable training and knowhow, studies have shown that your success as a trader is pretty much determined by random chance?

t. Thinking Fast and Slow by Kahneman

>only 75k
>ONLY
What the fuck do you do? 75k is one hell of a starting salary.

I started at 77 in socal as an aerospace engineer. Kind of inflated because of COL. Was cool when we got 30k bonuses one year

What markets are you watching right now? Are you buying real estate in developing countries? At what point do you plan on cashing out? How are you diversifying your portfolio? Do you still live at home or have you bought and paid off a home already?

whats your main algorithm

>bird law
LMFAO I FEEL SO SORRY FOR U

how many girls beg you for sex a day

vice president of taking out the trash? you mean mike pence?

show us your dick theres women on here too

you made 150 and you call your self a day trader

That explains it- you should be making more if you got a gig as an aerospace engy, especially in socal. What city?

in the south bay, where all the aero companies are. shitty job tho. i quit and got a job as a bagger in a ski town after saving up a shitload

also i'd say that this relatively uncommon, i mean most engi's just accept that their day to day job is mundane, stable, and well-paying. but i've heard of a few others who ditched the 8-5. one guy quit boeing to move to japan and teach english, got a waifu. another guy quit as an EE and became a liftie in another ski town. and another EE opened a brewery that's doing well.

Could I get hired doing what you do with a BS in Econ and a history of heavy maths?