The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Pistols Rule:
>youtube.com/watch?v=NNFlAzVhSVw
>youtube.com/watch?v=0QtM7X0xYN8
>youtube.com/watch?v=72D49j0RcPs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BsY2UL_FqeA
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912064263
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=ztpwb6kOMUc
youtube.com/watch?v=dtyvh-DeQYs
youtube.com/watch?v=ve0PfpFRl8M
youtube.com/watch?v=0HJq3Rngmek
youtube.com/watch?v=cRJ7eCiWY7M
nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/666/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

useless just kidding I use them on all my rangers

Pistols are useful

Snek

Is the phoenix point video around anywhere? It's no longer up on the German site.

Air game is fun

We can talk about Xenonauts in here too, right? Forgive me, I'm new to these generals.

I really wish it said it somewhere in game that officers need 5 missions and CPL rank before I wasted 100 credits thinking I could stop fatigue spirals early.

You can but alot of Anons here are more likely to criticize it.

Ahh. What was so bad about it? I thought it was okay except for some annoying bugs and pretty bad graphics. All my dudes looked dumb.

/xcg/ is de facto /x-com and xcom like general/. So or example, Xenonauts and Phoenix Point would be considered on topic.

Air Game is Challenge.

They will generally tell you that it starts of nicely but, eventualy as the fad begins to dissapear, it will get very boring and not very well balanced by the end-game.

f22s are aesthetic this is objective fact

What the hell is that ADVENT soldier on the right doing

auto-fellatio

>Commander, the aliens continue to make progress on the AVATAR Project. If we're going to slow them down we need to move fast.

Rather uncomfortable dirt nap by the looks of it. Related picture check out this guy hes having a breakdown from an advertisement.

>The new engineers arrived this morning Commander. We're always glad to have more help down here.

>Commander I appreciate you recruiting new staff for the engineering team but as it stands we still have people waiting for an assignment. We could have them working on construction, excavation, or staffing a facility.

Why does she look like jackie chan with longer hair? Why are women so offended with making women good looking in games?

Jesus christ fuck off Shen. If I don't have someone assigned to anything its because I'm waiting for something to assign them to.

Everything by the _______.

>We have to get these people out of here

Numerical values

I gotcha. That was another problem I had with it, at the end of the game I just wanted to airstrike every crashed alien ship I could because the ground combat was so tiresome, the only thing that kept me from doing so was the chance to get those black hole engines.

Julian did nothing wrong

Bumping. Enemy Within I/I Gangplank, but with normal guns.

youtu.be/BsY2UL_FqeA

Back to sleep!

Julian is the reason I use SPARKs. His voice is too good.

Números.

Fuckin' El Nombre didn't know when to let go

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912064263

Oh shit Coilguns for vanilla

But I don't know how it'll work with the laser weapons

Probably easy to ini edit

I wish XCOM soldiers had more stats

what kind of stats?

Does anyone have a favorite soldier in this campaign? I haven't really given them personalities, but I wonder if there's anyone the audience is particularly attached to. Don't sleep on Baloyi, easily second best girl after Andre

>Assault exalt base
>this shouldn't too bad
>shoot everyone in the helipad and front room
>move in and take up every point of cover in the room
>an Exault chucks a high explosive grenade into the room
>it blows up the back wall causing a fuckload of guys to get alerted in the middle of the building
>try to pull back to the helipad
>take cover behind a ventilation shaft
>some big fucking exalt bastard with a rocket launcher walks out of the central room and fires a rocket right into my vent
>most of my squad panics not that it matters because the rest of the exalt start chucking grenades
>entire squad gets wiped

Fuckin' A.

Now to wait for an X-Skin version that lets me use those as a Beam replacement so that I can finally have my 4 squad mechanic where one uses beam, one uses mercenary plasma, one uses lasers and the last uses coilguns

>Shen will never seriously talk with Julian
>Shen will never adopt Julian as a little brother
Fuck this gay earth.

Get fucked xcom

anyone feel they done fucked it up that they gone the direction that they did for xcom2? i'd be fine if the new DLC is the commander going back to the past to unfuck everything,
the timeline would look something like.
EU>X2>commander time travel plot deviceX2/EWDLC

Did Pavonis fix the camera under the Avenger bug yet? I can't play LW2 until it's gone

Sup guys

Fuck man. ADVENT guns are so goddamned sexy. Real shame that you need to mod the game to use them yourself.

Say what you want but that 'car' looks kinda nice.

There's plenty of direction left. Hell, the ending of XCOM 2 is prime material to segue into an Apocalypse setting.

This. If XCOM 3 did an even further time skip to post-ADVENT Earth with a ton of different factions rising up, there's a lot of potential

what nice scout stats

SPEAKING OF

OPEN APOC FIRST RELEASE SOON

I'm pretty jazzed about this. It's so hard to play apoc right now when you have the beauty and sex that is openxcom.

by the end of the year I bet someone will have completely fixed the QoL issues Apoc has

If you're trying to get people invested in your characters, watch and take cues from Beagle.

I'm considering upgrading my humble /xcg/ imgur album into a Booru Gallery. The benefits of this would be a tagging system so that people can easily find pics on topics that they want. However, considering the album is fast approaching 1,000 images, this would be a large project.
How interested would people be in this? I am probably going to do it anyway, but some feedback might give me some motivation
Here is an example of a Veeky Forums Booru for reference: r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/

sounds cool

You can easily change the cost to make each type and the damage/spread/range/etc. stats but you can't change where they are in research. So they'll still conflict.

That sounds better. Go for it.

why not

make sure to make a standardized tagging system

>make sure to make a standardized tagging system
Can you clarify what a "standardized tagging system" looks like?

it depends on the specific needs of the general and the specific booru style you're going for

for instance in-jokes could be tagged, or character names could be tagged, or specific gameplay concepts could be tagged depending on consensus terms for them

basically, do you want to tag the memes or not, work that out early on

some boorus just alphabetize their tags, some separate by category (artist name separate from "tig_ass_bitties", etc

That would be because its in the StrategyElement .uc instead of an ini.
If someone can find where in the base games files that the laser/coil mod makes the override to make beams come after laser/coil you can probably do the same for Mag weapons then change the tech requirement for Lasers to Modular Weapons, adjust the stats to be in between Ballistic and Mag, and adjust the supply/alloy/elerium cost.
Or Pavonis could accept the fact that not everyone wants to use the entirety of Long War 2 and actually update their individual packs but thats not likely.

Ok, I'll take that into consideration. Thank you for the input.

Hello /xcg/,

Before the VGL8 kicks off in a couple of weeks i want to discuss 2 things.

First the roster which is pic related. Do you guys have suggestions for the roster or should i run a poll for a couple of days/weeks?

Second is our music for the team.
Currently we have
Pregame anthem: youtube.com/watch?v=ztpwb6kOMUc
Goal horn: youtube.com/watch?v=dtyvh-DeQYs
Beaglerush brace horn: youtube.com/watch?v=ve0PfpFRl8M
Alien goal horn: youtube.com/watch?v=0HJq3Rngmek
Miracle goal horn: youtube.com/watch?v=cRJ7eCiWY7M
Do you guys want to change any of these or should we keep them

That all looks good to me, I can't think of anything new to add at least.

Started my old campaign again. I've completed all my autopsies. Will this unlock after I make her volunteer?

have to mind control an ethereal for it

The volunteer gets it. If you want more people with it you need to mind control

oh boy is this going to be like the /tf2g/ attempt

So are thin mints, sneks and faceless the same race?

Ah, thanks. I forgot.

fug I'm going to get raped by ayys. It's May 2017

I was quite happy with the roster and music tracks last season. Keep up the good work Delta.

Faceless are different.

>Thin Mints
>Sneks
Yes.
>Faceless
No, they're something else entirely.

I don't think what Faceless are is actually explained in the game. They have quite the potential though, I wonder what will Jake do with them

Thin men and snakes are the same. Faceless are not. Though we never see sneks having transforming powers, so how they were disguised is anyone's guess

They're supposed to be the most loyal by far and presumably more willing to go under the genemod knife

Crap. First time getting to the final mission on LW2. DId the final Network tower to begin the final mission but all i get is this. How the hell can i actually get my dudes into the psionic gate? In the vanilla it just happened right after right?

I'd help, even though I don't hang around here much anymore. I'd also upload a lot of my images if you gave me an easy way to do that in a way that would detect and ignore duplicates.

Back when I first started visiting the IRC back in 2016 you were often very rude to me and seemed to want to try to drive me away from the cup. Why was that? Also I’m happy we get along better now, you seem like a good guy and like you honestly care about the cup and having fun.

>that would detect and ignore duplicates.
No idea how to do this desu. It's something I had to manually trim out myself.

What is the mod Beagle was using that showed if soldiers can shoot or not

Don't say modlist that pastebin is 3 years old

Just hit up XCOM on Nexus. All the important mods will be on the first two pages.

this?
nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/666/?

I always forget there aren't many mods anyway.

Yeah, thanks.

>commander

you mean Asaru right?

>you mean Asaru right?
Why does everyone think the fucking bureau is canon?

Wew you got one throwaway line in the meld recombination report, better legitimize this horseshit game.

Carter pls

When is EXALT coming back?

>Why does everyone think the fucking bureau is canon?
Because X2 implies it is

well, i have bad news user. It's a bug where the waterworld disappears. If you can't assault now, basically you cannot finish the campaign. DFC (small youtuber, had a few modded playthroughs) had this exact problem. iirc he didn't find a solution.
it's not a bug with LW2 and probably some weird interaction between 2 different mods

Why does everyone think you can just throw away canon like it's nothing?
XCOM2: Shitting over all previous canon

Xcom 2 is an alternate scenario that explores what could happen should xcom fail.

Bullshit, the bits with an ethereal when you possess an avatar don't mean anything.

Than how do you explain the random ethereal who shows up at the end? Or the fact that this ethereal seems to be on our side? (sound familiar) Or why the commander suddenly has psychic bullshit affinity? Or why the commander can handle the simulation machine? There's something that doesn't add up. Besides, the Bureau is focused around ascended ethereals, which XCOM 1 already confirms. It's probably canon as ridiculous as it is.

Sounds like a lot of shit they put in because it looked cool. That's it.

Alright user, have it your way. I don't like it either, but I think it's pretty clear.

>rule of cool

Nah man, they better explain that shit in the expansion