/rlg/ - Roguelike General

>Competition
Comp #204 is a leprechaun monster in PosChengBand. Your power scales with the size of your wallet, so set off on a quest to pilfer 10 million gold! (and also kill a serpent or something i guess)
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed)

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu (embed)

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Infra Arcana on Windows:
pastebin.com/S761eT4B (embed)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/GenericPseudonym/pseudoelliposchengband/
github.com/floatRand/PoschengbandR/blob/master/src/xtra1.c#L3924
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>go to zul
>buy a nice ring
>get ASSGUTTERED by dracolisk from off screen

page 8

>from off screen
are you one of those meme irc guys who plays in 80x24 with no subwindows so he can termcast

what
no

things can only breathe on you from inside this circle

>game requires you to have a viewport larger than your own LOS

not
a
roguelike

it doesn't require it
but if you have neither a "visible monsters" subwindow nor a large enough viewport, it's your own dang fault

well you're character doesn't stay centered in the middle, unless thats an option to enable

moments after creating a new sorcerer to make that screenshot... rip

yes it is an option
the only reason not to enable it is if your computer is as old as Angband itself and it actually runs into performance issues doing that

can someone give me a good precompiled poschengband variant to play? im confused what is the new thing cool kids play and i want to return to get manabreathed simulator

github.com/GenericPseudonym/pseudoelliposchengband/

Best god for draconian transmuter?

mumo

Knurd.

mumo? more like meme

Chei, because that allows you not to pump so much into your magic schools, so that you can pump UC, fighting, and dodging.

>Chei
I still want to be able to cast haste though, so no Chei.

>that feel when hasted dragonform surrounded by tornado in v:$
made possible only by the grace of ashenzari, the one true goddess

used Shining One's blessing on a demon blade for cheap laughs

imagine my surprise when it turned into an eudemon blade

>@2 on a lamp
For what purpose?

This is correct. Ash is the best god literally straight until extended unless you play an easy exp race. They might as well just remove every god that isn't Ash or Mak.

Hello /rlg/, aspiring roguelike developer here. I've been brainstorming over the past few weeks on developing a roguelike. Question is, what do YOU want to see in a roguelike? That is, what would your dream roguelike consist of in terms of features?

What genre fellow nodev

Waifus. I want furry waifus, loli waifus, tsundere waifus, trap waifus with penises, maid waifus, licensed character waifus, and every other kind of waifu.

I want to be able to train them and get them molested by monsters at my own discretion.

I have the Stone of Lore in my inventory inscribed with @1 so I can switch between them quickly. I am looking for a good Ring of Combat so it makes it easy to check shit on the ground.

Ah, tedium mode. Fair enough, carry on.

i want a rogue like with no features whatsoever, if possible

doesnt pseudo make it so the stone of lore works from inventory without having to be equipped
R has all of pseudo changes so it should work like that there too

POST PROGRESS

make a rogue clone, but call it "Tum"

that way, when other /rlg/ users make variants of your game, we'll create a third major family of roguelikes: *tums

oic PCBR is bugged
github.com/floatRand/PoschengbandR/blob/master/src/xtra1.c#L3924

it gives autoid if you have an item with auto-pseudo-id in your inventory
it gives nothing if you have an item with autoid in your inventory

>pseudoelliposchengtum-r

3rd time i see this ever so far

Preferably fantasy, but there's always wiggle room.

I love you

Pic related, I like randomly generated overworlds.

Is there any roguelike other than DCSS that has a sane LOS

moria

Success.

>want to play angel of 100
>have to unlock it

ree

omedetou

Honestly how many people here actually played Moria?

>doomtiles
disgusting

If anyone is curious. Went Ammochain focused, which is just as OP as ever.

SoB->SoB->TH->Rel->Rel->TH->MAc->Fin->Fin->WK->WK->Jug->Bad->Fin->

I ended up just skipping the last two levels, as I had 7x Large Medpacks and plenty of ammunition. Found Nuclear Plasma Rifle in Deimos Lab, and it carried me pretty hard.

Also found a Nano Mod+Super SHotgun. Nano Shrapnel Super Shotgun is absurd and lets you cheese the unique maps pretty fucking hard, particularly The Vaults, Limbo, and Mt. Erebus.

Having two infinte use weapons meant I could carry a bunch of BFG ammo and shoot the shit out of the Mastermind.

I played it once a long time ago

Isn't John Romero already the name of an enemy in that game user

What's the best weapon for a MuMo? Demon whip or an axe>?

>mumo
>weapon

I spent more hours playing that on a 286 than I can remember.

is a tr/mi mumo also viable?

Also, what about starting as a Ne to burn books for extra piety?

tell me about rings /rlg

Is it possible to use a command prompt replacement for roguelikes in windows? I want to try nethack but the default windows terminal is so small/ugly. I just want a nice big font + color scheme but I don't wanna play online.

you're going to love Zul

>that guy who doesn't quote people when he replies
It's good to know you're still with us.

You can use something like ConEmu. Just open it up, and then run any programs that use the command line.

Triple sword of holy wrath or eudemon blade?

Holy Wrath is a multiplicative damage brand, so it's best on weapons with high base damage.

Unless you're in desperate need of SH for extra protection, you probably don't need a eudemon blade.

Depends on a lot of factors user. What shields do you have available, what spells are available, what your stats are, and so on.

I have both, and 27 long blades, and a large shield of protection +4 at 15 shields.

given the nerfed status of long blades base damage, using them with a shield that reduces your evasion riposte feels kinda bad, even though it's still strong
i'd use the triple sword

>Hits for 30 plus her lajatang of distortion
Check out the new tile on Agnes. Looking good, old friend. I've had the worst luck with uniques with my gnoll runs so far.

3sword since you already invested to 27. This is the kind of thing you consider when you're at 16 LB.

I thought that barring GSC, a triple sword was the highest damage 1v1 weapon in the game?

hello my good friend. let me tell you something, in the newer versions of dungeon crawl stone soup, long blades have been changed such that 50% of all evasion cause you to automatically counter attack at full power, just like a regular attack, this is called riposte. to compensate, long blades have lost a bit of base damage, so now, great maces, bardiches, and exec axes are the strongest base weapon types

>Check out the new tile on Agnes.
Looks like absolute ass.

They have the weakest base damage, but riposte is pretty spicy.

I like it a lot. Very dynamic compared to the old one.

what's the procedure if I meet a new host and want to ride them? do I just walk my current host up to them and let them get killed? do they have to have not seen me use spells even while riding?

She looks like a fucking treewitch with green hair
old agnes tile was hot as fuck

rate my name changes

short sword -> gladius
hand axe -> hatchet
double sword -> katana
triple sword -> bidenhänder
mace -> hammer (because fuck you)
the depths -> east st. louis
spear -> pointy stick
scythe -> useless bloaty piece of shit
quick blade -> broken bottle

Thanks nigga

Just got the claws mutation on my Ds. My M&F is only at 5, what's the claw damage compared to say a demonwhip?

i rate you shitposter out of quality poster
please continue posting until you get better

Tree witches are neat, user. Spriggans are for hexing, not for lewd.

>you can haggle in moria

what the fuck

claw damage is like using a +9 branded great mace but you still have another hand for a shield
it is dank as hell
dwhip slightly less dank and you need to wait until your dwhip is +9 and elec branded to reach maximum dankness

(x)... not for lewd.
Get the fuck out of my face

go UC right the fuck now

uh, you can mount/dismount pets from the 'p' menu, just like a cavalry
only the list of things you can ride is very different, and you can't move when you're not "riding" a ringbearer

That halfing is having a seizure.

Hope she has her unique armor

aren't you mistaking her for the enchantress?

ohshit how do I heal my ring

your ring? hp regenerates just like for any other character

your mount? monsters also regenerate, but muuuch slower than the player
for now your best option is just to rest for 999 turns or something, but you should pick up wands of heal monster if you see any (and haste monster too!)

>elec
>not slashing

O shit, youre right, oops

Angband quests have guaranteed boots. They'll be junk boots, but they'll be boots. Also wilderness hunting is your friend.

On the one hand, I'd like to see something weird west, on the other, something absolutely apeshit insane like Kevin Siembieda's Rifts could be pretty rad (don't lift it 1:1 cause he's a madman looking for any lawsuit money). It's kitchen sink and insanely high powered, with mecha, dragons, mages, psionics, cyborgs, mutants, and interdimensional beings. It's a setting where a cyborg Adolf Hitler in a cowboy outfit capable of withstanding tank shells firing off fireballs and ice blasts and psychic telekinesis riding on the back of a super intelligent part-mecha dinosaur steed with gatling guns mounted where its arms should be is a 100% viable and possible character concept.

Weird west is generally fantasy and magic and undead and the like set in the wild west, think RDR: Undead Nightmare or Jonah Hex

no I mean how do I heal my ring on demand when I'm in a crisis

haha sounds super epic ^_^

drink potions like any other race

potions still work yeah
but if you're really in a crisis teleporting is often better than healing

Getting flashbacks of old school skeletons and zombies. I almost miss when I could have a constant mob of 10+ zombies on every floor. Made the ascent a breeze.

apparently the whole "burglary rogues use dex instead of int" thing is only half true
because int still affects their number of spells known AND their failrates
dex only changes their max sp
but im pretty sure this is a bug

>user that writes filenames likethis is josefromcouch
I remember you. Your memespewing on webtiles gave me cancer several times.
Kill yourself.

no bully

>shoals last floor
>the little closed areas only contain evo items
>i sacrificed evo anyway
>its just fans and a lamp
>nothing else thats useful on the floor other than mut potion and magic mapping
Yeah..

I write my filenames like that too because it's far better than ending up with "I_am_a_huge_faggot_please_rape_my_face." Everyone knows the standard for naming images is to get rid of superfluous spaces.

Fan would have been ok. You should grab those javelins, they really pack a punch.

Nah, postapocalyptic shithole, mostly interested cause you don't see insanely high powered settings that often. Or weird west, take a look at Deadlands.

Being hit for 50 by a hill giant after killing one without taking more than 10 damage really is sobering. I forgot how tough these guys are.

good news for you! hill giants are removed.

and effectively replaced by 2-headed ogres who are much nastier than they used to be

Should i?