Wargames General /wgg/

>What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical wargames that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals. ARMA need not apply.

>Attention Grabbing tags:
/wgg/ /sdg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Wargame: Red Dragon
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Panthers MBT
CMANO

>Introduction to Steel Division:
paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-player-guide/

>Graviteam Tactics Downloads:
pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h
pastebin.com/cgWbuPSS

>Interesting history links:
Cold War military technology ads:
vintageadbrowser.com/military-ads-1980s
/wgg/ misc Cold War literature:
mediafire.com/download/zfm69f0k91pmf0y/wgg-lit-v1.3.rar
The Soviet Army: troops, organization & equipment
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf
USMC intelligence North Korea handbook:
fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkor.pdf
Everything there is to know about the T-62:
thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.my/2015/12/t-62.html

>Teamspeak server
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>MoW discord
discord.gg/watM75d

>Legacy Wargame General pasta and game-info repository:
pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m
dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/NnfpuRq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cuckchan is fucking shit

>do I want a data mining site run by a scamming nip or do I want a data mining site run by a fat white guy who ran away to the Philippines
really makes one ponder

Actual tier list:

12. SS Boy Scouts
17. SS PzGren
15th Scottish
2nd Infantry
3rd Armored
91st Luftlande

I'd put 2nd above Scotts imo. I think I would actually rather play Luft than 3rd armored.

I still think you're underselling the 15 Scots.

It's not like the alternative is much better

Now that scots don't have that veterancy, they're worse than the 2nd ID

baited
bodied

The veteran infantry is unnecessary if you use your stuart honeys and mmg carriers effectively. You can have a shitload of light vehicles and you have access to the AVRE. You also have a 17 pdr in a vehicle that doesn't die to artillery.

>LMGs have minimum ranges
What chucklefuck at Eugen thought this was a good idea?

ikr, should remove all positioning shenanigans from the game

It's not a bad idea desu, I get what they're trying to represent with it. They just need to re-classify the BAR as a rifle so that it's not effected.

I like to ask this question in all the different RTS communities - how does everyone manage their micromanagement? New players especially are familiar with that moment of paralysis where you realize you need to be giving out orders but you don't know where to start, or get tunnel vision and forget about a unit, or you don't properly utilize a special ability/call-in, etc. What methods do you use to find the right balance of micro and keeping situational awareness?

I prioritize by economic value.
So in ferrous gonorrhea if I'm playing as the 12. I will always prioritize my tanks, and once they are doing what they should be I'll move on to my support vehicles, then my infantry, then my non-frontline assets.
This of course is modified by what they are doing, so if my infantry are in a pivotal position I'll prioritize them.
Basically play more and git gud.

By playing wargames.

Ooooy vey

Took me a second to notice the swastika. How butthurt can people be?

This guy was trying to get eugen to start moderating global chat because the opinions he didn't like weren't valid.
>capcha: dresden saules
Is this irony?

I make sure my units are positioned well. Takes away a lot of micro

Give it too meeeeee, REEEE

Two nebelwerfers and some mortars and it's all dead

>hill defense mission

Does STD even have elevation modeled in any way

yes but france is very flat

Moe desu

for you

France is literally worst girl

France tries her best user

But France, is no longer France.

Well modern France oppai and thus isn't really France.

In Eugen games it's about experience. The more I play the more I develop default responses for every situation. If you already know what you want to do it's a leisurely 3-4 clicks to do it. Rapid micro only becomes an issue if you're forced to watch for any new developments because you don't have an idea of what to expect.

Also positioning as the other guy said. For example if you know from experience where to place your fire support, you don't have to keep fiddling with it during a fight. You always have to give some orders engagements but it only devolves into focused microing if you have to make lots of adjustments because the initial setup was lacking.

Victoria 2 is welcome here?

What exactly do CMD vehicles do in Steel Division? This doesn't work like WG I assume?

I don't mind but you're better off in /gsg/.

Add a star of veterancy in a radius just like command infantry.

I don't know if anyone in any situation are better off in /gsg/.

>trying to balance game without all units/divisions in play

Dumb idea. As expected from a bunch of Macron viters.

I will try /gsg/ then, thanks user :)

He won't be here at least

Fair. Haven't even looked in there in years.

Last year, the last time I was there, they were having another autism war.

be absolute bad asses

>/gsg/
>autism
They like paracucks games post CK2

Did our opponent have brain damage?

Well yeah, if a non-braindead smart person plays 12th SS or the new 17th SS its a sure win against 3AD and maybe 15th Scots now (mainly if they are 17th).

Improve vet level and morale of units around them.

How can we make the 12th SS competitive?

I propose we nerf the Jumbo to 240 points and raise the Panther D's front armor by at least 3.

give them CMD Tiger 1 in Phase A, its like when that guy killed 40 american tanks by himself

I want to gas all pubbies in this fucking game

>17th SS faggot arying literally everything as soon as I make a push
>Wehraboo that was playing allies for once surrenders half way though
>Check my team's stats
>15% win rate

maybe if we had a steel division discord or something to organize pick up games

Why? Tiger Is aren't exceptional in '44.

Link?

give it 3km range and 8 accuracy and 9rds per minute

discord.gg/NnfpuRq
This is the only /wgg/ discord I know about, its brand new and has low members

Also make armor angling apply to it and nothing else to represent the experience of the panzerfuhrer

This is a good historical suggestion! The Phase A CMD Tiger I can have its side AV added to its front AV to represent the experienced panzer ace's skill at angling the tank for maximum effect.

More balance suggestions like this please so we can give the Waffen-SS and Heer the authentic capabilities they need to survive against the Jumbo. Sharts and teaboos need not apply!

>Guy playing 3rd armored is actually competent
>Stuart and Half track rush up the left side at the start
>my Tri-Polsten deployed in the center of the city completely eliminates the 17th Warcrimes advance until he simply Nebels the town to death
>Stuarts and Cromwells smash their attempt to advance in the center

>cromwells
when were they added for allies?

I just used an AVRE on troops in the open. I feel dirty.

Meant Churchills
But soon, Guards Armored should have them

Guards Armored and Poles will get a shit-ton of them.

Howling

>>>>>>>soviet """"""""""""""""engineering"""""""""""

Why doesn't 12th SS Hitlerjugend get Beute Jumbos?

I think this would help get them where they need to be in terms of balance.

>Soros is inviting you to play

0.50$ has been deposited in your steam account

Why dont they get Beute Centurions and Super Pershings? As it stands they are completely underpowered and nowhere near historical levels of combat effectiveness.
ALL infantry in SS divisions should also get at minimum 1 star of veterancy and have panzerfausts

What's your winrate dudes? sitting at comfy 65% here with almost 50 games.

panzershrecks*

>he forgot his AA

Were they all coming inside some town one by one...?

disgusting

Amazing game, truly one of the best of the decade! Great focus on realism and using real world tactics.

The SS units, however, needs to go. Not only are they OP, but you cannot ignore the despicable reputation of the real world Waffen SS division. They're the bastards that did the Oradour sur Glane massacre, where they burnt an entire village's population in its fucking church. They are reviled in France even today, and even though I'm not one to censor games, this was chosen in very bad taste. What's next, a concentration camps special unit?

If you really want to have an elite force for the Germans, you could name it Grossdeutschland (they're usually considered to be the best German division of WW2)

think of all the 80-year-olds that will see this, try to play it and get triggered into anxiety attacks

fuck off jew

Why are there no helicopter in Steel Division?

Inside a forest, they literally stunned them in a second when i had a leader backing the Stoßtruppen.

>Adolf Diekmann said the atrocity was in retaliation for the partisan activity in nearby Tulle and the kidnapping of Helmut Kämpfe.
Justified.

>tfw the next expansion will just be Normandy + Boats

cold war was too complicated, we tank+infantry only now for broader appeal

*MILANs

>June 1944 Europe
>Helos

Stop asking for them

ded game ded thread

>boats
no

ur mum is ded

Why do people think Jumbo's are OP? Just because they can kill Pz IV's? (which isn't a unique trait)

>telling new player to use NATO icons in the previous thread
what the fuck

do NOT use NATO icons in steel division, as it is they objectively give you less information. if you want to learn the units, just go into the battlegroup builder and autistically study what each thing does, mouse over numbers and read the tooltips, etc. barely anyone knows what an IG-18 is, but eugene games are about learning the specifics of long lists of units and exactly how they can fuck you.

Because they don't die at range easily so they have to expose their precious panthers.

If you don't even know what an IG 18 is you need to git out.

The only argument that Wehrs have is that yes, Luftlande are shit.

Anyone who thinks that SS Boyscouts are underpowered needs to get good and shut up, their div is the best in the game right now.

this honestly

But user how can the German divisions be good if I can't win even when using my units in the dumbest way possible?

T. Jimbo

STOP ASKING FOR FUCKING 12TH SS BUFFS YOU SHITTERS

Achilles when?

When the GAD or the Poles come

>12th SS Galatic Prettyboys
ftfy get it right

Canadians too.

SERBIAN SHELLS ARE LED BY GOD'S HAND. WHERE WE SEND IT OUR SHELL HITS IT