/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #743 - Chao Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vxBz8LXxGv4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4eKj2hKZAY
youtu.be/TGC4ce_AVcc
youtube.com/watch?v=gOS6-5sV89Y
youtube.com/watch?v=kDmsioyUMg0&t=395s
youtube.com/watch?v=v5FW0gXNkco
youtube.com/watch?v=kA4gNcJIl88
bundlestars.com/en/bundle/dollar-forever-bundle
youtube.com/watch?v=0Azop8fALfY&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=xM8QJXoxCpI&spfreload=10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for loopadoop.

Slow

Is there a way you could program the camera to pan upwards slightly during inclines? Maybe have it move at an exponential rate so that it doesn't jerk around during small inclines but still allows better sight during longer ones like loops?

These fucking threads are making me break my no furry shit rule. It's alright if I'm just saving a couple pictures of Rouge and Amy looking cute right.... RIGHT?
Like that one of her in the shimapan and towel. It's not like it gave me a boner or anything, I just admired the art.

Superiot ship passinh through

I also mentioned this previously.
Sonic is over halfway up the screen, you can't see where you're going. Having the camera at a lower angle also makes the ground appear to go by faster and increases the sense of speed.

Chao are super cute

Let me just make sure I'm understanding you: Do you mean you want the camera to pan up more during loops such that you can see further ahead of Sonic, even when he's upside-down?

Essentially. You can try having it tilt upwards or physically lower and tilt. Whichever works better in practice.

I'd ask to just move the camera up in general. Having Sonic smack in the middle is weird.

But it'll always be just that.
A ship.

If you're gonna post some of the episode 4 saga music at least choose the best ones
>youtube.com/watch?v=vxBz8LXxGv4
>that twang
It was great playing through this stage with that music for the first time

Comicfags turn away from these threads. The books are gone now, there's nothing to discuss, nothing to speculate, no hope.

As a fellow Sonaze faggot, I agree but why not try to tone the Sonaze posting down a bit. It's really picked up the last 2 or 3 threads. The last thing we need is for the thread to be spammed with out ship, causing us to be hated. Yeah spamming of ships already happens and will happen regardless but we can at least try to be a little better than them.

What if I'm also a game fag?

It hurts.

I just wish Sega would stop taunting us, and just say that Pontaff are writing the next game.

Ok

Act I was better.
Though a bit repetitive.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4eKj2hKZAY

Best Sonic game to stream for StH gen?
youtu.be/TGC4ce_AVcc

Been playing alot of Rabi-Ribi, Spark the Electric Jester, Rocket League and Bayonetta. Its time to give some more respect to Sonic.
I can try the classics if anyone is up to watching.
Mic enabled this time.

ZGICE-WGBJD-FXRY9
RLNAD-FDDGY-HPHTB
5FN9Z-L9F3M-ACJC7
ZB3C9-VDHHC-C5XQ6
VBC9V-X5Z8W-6KE8V
E3AFC-8NV5E-72PHM
W2W8P-G6KYJ-5QI8X
DPXQK-DBRVE-8VPIY
55J94-3PJB5-YAIMD
50WIN-GQ5ZR-XI4WJ
XQWR5-L2R5C-FR3L4
57GX0-NA64I-L6BP2
53QM6-7MW6F-6IJH4
06AA9-6W5HQ-YZJET
7CW8H-QH473-27BX8
5745D-INX68-PAYP6
T4P5N-9W5QQ-ECJIH
55B4R-N9YBQ-FJ8V7
Z69D2-4J760-GB60J
LF2J6-PLDL2-Z29ZL
YCVP6-YZG5D-Q3CHK
WZ7R0-YQ8E6-KB66M
WCEBV-QWRGL-YGEFL
WG9PX-K9GYY-44HWV
3TETJ-J5J08-NHMK9
4XQ7Z-HZG4D-D9MRQ
Here some freebies of Steam games for you all.

Best ship. I need more SonAmy images.

user, the chance to be better lost hope the moment you became a shipfag.

It really is awesome how wide you made the paths. the skinny loops in Utopia felt like walking a tightrope.

Eh I dunno user, I like it as well but act 2 is just superior in my honest opinion. Can we at least agree Metal Sonic's theme is fucking great, though repetitive after a while?
> youtube.com/watch?v=gOS6-5sV89Y

Post bantz

>"Get ready, here he comes!"
>"He's coming wither I'm ready or not, so why even ask?"

Just beat Spark Jester with Fark. Goddammit, the game was awesome. Gonna check the rest you mentioned later

Nah. Posting this version.

youtube.com/watch?v=kDmsioyUMg0&t=395s

>user, the chance to be better lost hope the moment you became a shipfag.
True, but won't stop me from not spamming the thread with my ship.

Spark was quite good. I wonder why it isn't well known by now?

>mouse on screen
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have no idea what this is but thanks.

I'm almost done with the level layout, I'll post it this evening.

Not enough people streaming it. It seems like. I could stream it again. Though I gotta ask.
Fark or Spark?
Word of mouth marketing helps. Doesn't help the game is buggy with OBS clashing with the game making it crash whenever paused while using Game Capture on it.

The game is coded weirdly.

>Back in January 2017, I received a proposal from producer Iizuka, who has been working in Sega of America, to reveal a piece of music from “Sonic Forces” in SXSW, a huge event that would be held mid-March in Texas, US.

>It was rather early when calculating back from the planned season of game release. There is no other case of revealing just music at this timing. He said it could also be stage music, but after some talking, we decided to reveal the instrumental version of the main theme.

>The demo of the song was already finished in 2016, so I started recording the instrumental parts by calculating back from the reveal date.

>Starting from the drum recordings on February 23rd, the bass, guitar, piano, and strings were recorded, then a process called track-down, in which each instrument’s sound and balance are adjusted, was finished on March 10th. I then submitted it on the same day to SoA.

>The music was revealed in SXSW’s panel discussion, and its music video was uploaded on YouTube on March 17th; that means we revealed a freshly made song. Last week, the same thing was uploaded on Japan’s SONIC MOVIE CHANNEL.

>The keywords for this theme are serious, cool, dramatic and so on. It starts with a sequence of piano and synthesizer, then comes a speedy band sound and dramatic strings, and at last it ends with an uneasy piano part. The version we revealed is a short version, so you still don’t know the whole structure of the song. *grins*

>This main theme will be used in an important scene in the game. I guess it will be used in a different way than how a main theme is usually used, but it is no doubt a very exciting scene. The last piano phrase will also be used in a very important part of the game, and it is related to the story and meaning of the lyrics. Oops, I almost talked too much about it *lol*

>forgetting the best theme still
user, pls
>youtube.com/watch?v=v5FW0gXNkco

question, I'm trying to use my PS4 controller through a USB connection, and it isn't registering the control stick tilting or the directional pad being pressed. Am I doing something wrong?

Better fear me better run away!
youtube.com/watch?v=kA4gNcJIl88

No problem. I got another 26 codes to post later on.
Thanks Bundlestars for the cheap deals.

bundlestars.com/en/bundle/dollar-forever-bundle

>The video uploaded overseas has gained over 600k views within one month, and its number is continuing to grow. I have taken this as huge anticipation for the new game. Thank you.

>It seems like even SoA wasn’t expecting this many views for just a music clip, and now there’s even talk of revealing more sounds before the release if people are reacting this much to the music. I am also talking with them and giving suggestions for which kind of music we should reveal, if this idea is really happening. I think that the fun of a game starts already at the point where its information comes out to the world, so I wish to fuel it with music until the game releases.

>Furthermore, it was announced that there will be a vocal version of this theme. For you and for me, this is a long-awaited comeback of a main theme song! There is no way I won’t be fired up. It needs some minor adjustments, but it’s actually almost complete. I know you are probably wondering about the lyrics and the singer, but please wait a little more for that.

>In order to have you enjoy “Sonic Forces”, to create the best sound, to make you think it was worth it loving the ‘Sonic’ series, I am doing my very best with high goals in mind, so please look forward to it! (I’m truly raising my own hurdles)

>In March, I was in Los Angeles, and last week I flew to London.

>It’s all for the “Sonic Forces” soundtrack. I think I can tell you about these songs when the time comes, so please look forward to that, as well.

If we're posting Metal themes, than I may as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Azop8fALfY&t=0s

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks. I like to have some elbow-room on my paths so it feels more like a race track.

Sweeeet.

That is very strange. Unity should be detecting it right away. Could you give it a Google and get back to me?

>The video uploaded overseas has gained over 600k views within one month, and its number is continuing to grow. I have taken this as huge anticipation for the new game. Thank you
When you starve Sonic fans for news for half a year

Ohtani turning more and more into Senoue.

I'm very surprised no one has drawn Sage with Moss, since they're like both sloths and she wouldn't have time for his zen bullshit but they might strike up a weird friendship.

>Moss trys to treat Sage like a pupil
>she tells him to fuck off

Sorry, the controller is working fine during gameplay, aside from the usual camera spinning present in Sonic World. What I meant was the buttons don't register when mapping commands in the launcher.

This is Wave the Swallow, mechanic of the Babylon Rogues. Say something nice about her.

trash

she has some nice toucans

She's hot

If any drawfags are posting on this board:

Requesting this, but with Tails instead of Sonic.

>Oh, and this is not from a fansub, but from the official 4Kids translation (sub, not dub)

No one wants to fucking draw this in case you're wondering why it hasn't been done the last 2 or 3 times you've asked.

She got some nice wavers

Draw it yourself nigger.

Requesting this but with Bump in place of Sonic and Sage instead of Tails

I'd be her slave

Then should I move it to /trash/?

>Just came back from /co/
>Had just witnessed this thread
What the fuck did I just witness?

I would rather say nice things to either Jet or Storm, the true cute birds.

Wave just doesn't touch my thing.

She seems strangely delicious specially if grille- I mean, she seems nice

here you go buddy just for you

Do you think Blaze or Tails ever have random thoughts of how good the people around them would taste?

Obvious edit is obvious

No one wants to draw it because it's stupid not because it's lewd, which it isn't.

Do people still get shocked by this stuff? It's the most beat to death meme.

I don't understand why people like posting their autistic daydreams online. but they do.

Then where should I put it?

Mod Sonic 2 with Playable Yoshi, Rabi-Ribi, Spark the Electric Jester, Hallow Knight, Other Sonic Titles (/sthg/ Choice) or Rocket League
What sound good for streaming Famalam?

In your trashcan.

We need more birds, official or otherwise

What sort of requests should I post, in the hopes that drawfags may take them?

Im still designing Meme the Parakeet to be an OC sluttier than bump

lewd, cool, or funny are the main ones that usually get fulfilled. the more complex the request the less likely it is to be done. if your request is boring or unappealing it'll be ignored

post what you have so far. she's going to be hated anyway so good luck

>lewd, cool, or funny
So, what kind of requests involving a character's butt sticking out towards the viewer would fall into one of these catergories?

I have nothing, user. I don't have the motor skills to draw something with a mouse

Bait should come first.
I can't remember exactly what she was though, though I know she's styled after the characters from Meropis. I've seen her in a few artworks before.

Good. Maybe this is a sign you should reconsider making garbage.

>meme the parakeet

Sounds like good idea, post your concepts

I started learning to play the harmonica recently and decided to try some Sonic related songs after you guys suggested.

Here's my attempt for Escape From the City:

youtube.com/watch?v=xM8QJXoxCpI&spfreload=10

what do you think

Let's be honest /sthg/ how many of you are female? [\spoiler]

None. You go commission someone for that kind of thing because nobody here wants to do it

If this is about a date it'll have to wait.

What about /trash/?

We can be whatever you want us to be

i just wanted too see if there were other girls like me on here [\spoiler]

cute

user, it's just a birb wearing kneesocks that would do things like be in front of a board full of calculations saying "by my calculations, you are butthurt" or be in a pic grieving in front of a grave written "here lies SEGA. Mania was a mistake"

Yeah, sure whatever

Feels like a cockatoo would be better suited. Those things live to make the uninitiated miserable.

I like that game's soundtrack but for fucks sake every song has the same doot doot tssh doo dee doo dee doot tssh drum track.

>motor skills
>mouse
you just gotta go slow. took me 2 minutes in mspaint

4 or 5 last time we counted.

So kind of a slutty reaction/shitpost birb?

Silver is already the sonic universe's cockatoo. Parakeet has potential.

I'm a female (male).

Yeah, but a bit smug/teasing too

Someone bring it to life. Then our sonic heroes team is complete. bump/sage/meme fast/strength/flight

None, unless a drawfag is in here actively asking for requests.

Bunnie is fun to draw.