/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB48)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?37097

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SuperBadJuJu/status/856685281218527236
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to be graced with Fernando's presence!

OB48 sucks, OB50 when

3rd for BUFF MAEVE

How can people play drogoz without wyrm jets? Might as well tear out your wasd because he can't fucking move

Easily. They take fusillade and nail every shot like a goddamn monster.
I've been on the receiving end of such a drogoz.

Who else plays only test maps because the game runs like shit in others?

Why is cassie so shit?

Is Steam's PTS working yet?

Blast Shot radius too tiny for it to be any sort of actual area damage, Disengage without the legendary is nothing more than a minor inconvenience. Dodge Roll and Scout are alright.

She is great at the "knock them out of the park" meme comp though (bomb king, cassie, drogoz, makoa and torvald with full knockback cards. not even resilience can stop that shit. people usally still lose when using that though.)

Which Evie legendary do pros generally use?

I thought it was wormhole but I think I heard a pro say reprieve was the best.

Wormhole makes you predictable and gives your blink an 8 second cooldown if you have it equipped but don't use it. Reprieve at least makes it so using ice block isn't a deathwish 100% of the time. Wormhole was a great thing back when you could set it to only have a 2 second uptime, but hi-rez had to ruin that

Yup. Patiently waiting for the fix

Drogoz got knockback?

Fire Bomb nerf when?

That shit's damage could be cut in half and it would still be retard strong. 6 seconds of hardcore territory denial or die on a 16 second cooldown is fucking ludicrous.

lol

gud git

I feel dirty after an evening of playing Half Shell Makoa with that cancer build that gives you an infinite shield.

Drogoz is the best husband, you may love Fernando, you may love daddy Torvald, you may even love Buck, but they'll never give you more love than Drogoz.

Now. Who tried PTS? Patch for sound fix is out, is it working now?

So how are you supposed to deal with Maeve as Buck? Assume solo Q with both players being good at their characters and having to carry their respective teams, is it a lost matchup?

you wanna fucking fight

Reprieve lets you escape from sudden 2v1s
Just add a few points into Ice block CDR and you're good to kite like a madman.
Double jump Pip is also the new hotness on the pro scene, people have started learning about his massive movespeed/mobility/unpredictability.

t. 3,2k Elo shitter

>Reprieve at least makes it so using ice block isn't a deathwish 100% of the time
Yeah, it's almost OP. Unless they're ready to all jump on you immediately, it's basically just a "haha, you think you can kill me, that's so cute" button.

Yep, only bk can counter that reliably .

Land the net
Stack Caut and Liferip, move sideway or strafe so she misses Pounce.

Fire Bomb is literally the only counter against the half-shell meme build.

What's that pip build like?

Makoa's hook and Torvald's silence are good too.

Evie can't clean Seris's stacks, she can stun her pretty easily if you play her with that legendary.
Maldamba with 40% Reload Speed is also a good option

Core card's are From Above, Refreshing Jog and Sprint.

Check out Stormtrooper's loadout
Not even the pro Kinessas can keep with it, closest counter I know is Tyra/Androxus

Hires already said it stacking on ice block is a bug, and being fixed

I saw that shit in 2300 elo last week
It's absolute cancer and I hope it doesn't become a thing in the pro scene because I know every shitter will follow

>lost a bunch of games in a row
>didn't rage
Jesus Christ what is wrong with me?

Paladins is surprisingly low-sodium, except if it's really obvious that matchmaking is fucking you over.

I had been raging consistently up until yesterday even on wins, this is an unnatural state of being.

I'm nor familiar with them, paladins guru took me to a dead level 7 account

I see
Another good counter is Tyra's Mark skill along with a well aimed Nade Launcher, they never expect that 700 burst damage at the end.

If more people start copying it, it means that more people will try to find a more suitable counterplay.

Then again, all of what I am saying comes from the +3k elo matchups I play in, shit must be different in lower ELOs.

You can get those moments. It's like you're so mad that it loops on itself and you became really calm about it. The opposite is the peaceful Gandhi suddenly nuking everyone.

>counterplay
That's the thing, it has no good counterplay
Pip's two other legendaries are strong but can be countered with caut/resilience, meanwhile the only real counter to jump spam is hitscans with really good aim

I wonder how long it will take, we might get another 'Nando's shield/Andro's reversal' situation.

Kinessa with an Opressor build is the only thing I can think of.
They've been releasing a lot of champs with high base movespeed, maybe it's time for us to get champs with Slow/debuffs in general

i can relate to that
>go for casual
>everyone is diamond
>if i dare to try a champion im not used to play with i will get raped and everyone on my team will start to rage
Its rare do find a nice game when everyone is actually playing the right way

>Caring about borders
Back when I started playing, I got platinum on Andy.
Now I can duel against Master/high level diamonds even with my shitty platinum border.

Pair that with a ruckus and a healer and you will never lose

>being intimidated by borders
Ain't there Grandmaster Makoa with only 6 wins? This shit is retarded and means nothing, just be lucky in provisionals.

One comp had Ruckus and Makoa, but he went pluck, shit was easy.
>tfw you pulled their ulting Makoa off the map and every time Ruckus used Hexa fire you just put shield after shield

Fps fix when

trust me no amount of bad matchmaking can make a legitimately good player drop lower than 2.2k elo.

>t. 3.k elo shitter

okay,let me give you a better scenario
>play casual
>my team is full of low level players who
>the enemy team is full of level 10 and 20s
>my highest level is a 12 makoa
and thats because no one wants to go front line
Its like the game forces you to stick with the same champions

-- ATTENTION PEOPLE WITH FPS AND SOUND ISSUES --

they just released a patch on the public test server implementing fixes for these issues so download the PTS and play some games and help test the bug fix

twitter.com/SuperBadJuJu/status/856685281218527236

30% hipfire viktor is OP. I absolutely destroy casual with him.

But I hope they don't nerf it, because I enjoy using OP characters to carry stupid fucking teammates.

yeah i hate his iron sights. grenadier IV is retarded strong too.

you can only go for the unfair playstyle if you want to win on casual

>mfw I'm 99.9% certain I'm going to be the best player in an entire server because I barely ever play competitive so my true rating is higher than where the system places me
>some retard teammate tries to tell me which items to buy and who to focus
>ignore teammate, carry the team, destroy our opponents, teammate says "lol sorry dude" at the end when he sees I did twice as much damage as the 2nd-highest damage in the server

Low-rez Seris looks kind of lewd.

>mfw I'm 99.9% certain I'm going to be the best player in an entire server
this makes the pick system really annoying often times. dopey teammates expect you to play a non-carry like front line or support because the team needs it, but they don't realize I'm their carry, and they wouldn't believe it anyway because of how many people out there think they're good but aren't

you can haul ass pretty well with makoa and that meme half-shell build he has
don't think there's any other hard carries besides that in the support/frontline category though

i wish this game had a super casual mode like old tf2 where you could just join or leave at any time. the forced ranking and compfag shit is what ruins games

Threadly reminder that Ying is indisputably best girl forever and ever.

Barik is bretty good at carrying, though his kit is not as retardedly OP as Makoa's.
Good Ying can be a powerhouse too.

>tfw flanker thanks you for saving his ass so many times after you played Torvald
Man, I wish Torvald wasn't such a fucking garbage so I could play him more often without wanting to kill myself later.

le turn into ice at low health then fly away girl

i played 2 games and it runs really well. no issues.

>crosshair on makoa's fatass head
>no headshot
>miss a shot on a small character
>hit

this is the shittiest game I have ever played

le predictable wormhole evie
Here,we just had that wormhole bitch,blinking every fucking time
She did the most damage
we actually won 4/1

So true.

How long did that take you to realize?

>crash in first round
>bot goes 1-10
>their tyra goes 49-2

this guru site is going to make me kill myself

I hate when bad players have one good game and it's against me

You can go back to game if you crash

addme blanket44

>alt account

Only nine more days before retarded flank seris go away and fight over Willo!

>team is terrible
>lose round
>3 of them start typing in spanish

I am a 7 foot 150 pound man. What paladins champ could I cosplay?

>playing Snek Man
>healing team
>suddenly team wipe
>I'm alone on the point
>Not Today.jpeg
>suddenly landing every fucking stun
>barely stay alive with my gourd while slaughtering them with the same gourd
>slither away when they get too close
>manage to kill three of them before my team comes back to finish them off
>never had such a surge of adrenaline skill in my life
>play of the game goes to some faggot Viktor who sprayed in a random direction and got lucky
I'm not too mad, we lost anyway, but I am getting kind of sick of always seeing Viktor or Tyra on at the end.

Also been gone for six months, we got any cool Mal'Damba pics now or a booru or something? Always loved the art to come out of this game.

A telephone pole

anyone up for andro 1 v 1s for practice?

id: mermoco

>post match lobby
>Serisfag: "See those number boys 82k healing!"
>My Ying did 60k healing + 75k damage
>Serisfag did 15k damage
>BTFO him saying I can only see the word VICTORY

Ying best girl

>tfw you carry complete mongoloids to victory

i had to kill the entire enemy team twice by myself ..

Ded gaem

Ded bread

Honestly I'm more tired of Drogoz getting top play by finishing two idiots that grouped up with fire spit. What a skill, what a top play.

It makes me happy, but when I think how Hi-rez will probably make her cancerously OP then I just feel bad.

am i lucky ?

It's a good legendary, so yeah, you are.

>imbleying lex was actually nerfed

>3% less damage on his base attack
>Barely noticeable increase in damage drop-off over distance.
How could he ever recover?

They need to nerf Death Hastens, it's a really OP card. But even balanced he'd still be frustrating to play against. They put all the shitty ideas into one single champion.

I wouldn't mind playing against him if he lost his autoaim attack for literally any skillshot and his ult wasn't screen wide. It just feels really cheap dieing to those moves, especially when you're 40ft in the air as Drogoz and he's aiming ground level with his ult.

We should make a tier-list of the skill caps for each champ
Lowest should be Sha Lin and Lex

both of those have very high skill ceilling the problem is that they have low skill floor

>Lex
>high skill ceiling

exactly moron id like to see you play lex against top tier players since you think you can hit the skill ceilling with him easily

Literally the only hard part about Lex is not getting stuck on the map's geometry with the combat slide.

no, it is hitting every single shot which im sure you cant hit.

And then you have headshots.

This game has gigantic hitboxes and really good raw mouse input. Hitting hitscan on slow moving targets is piss easy, and even easier when you consider how it's a slow-firing semi-automatic attack.

Why arent you playing Lex for a team then m8.

Maybe I will actually I've been getting to know part of the competitive community lately, I'm sure that eventually I'll find a team I like.

But regardless, my original point still stands. Aiming with Lex isn't hard by any stretch of imagination. It's harder to aim with Viktor by comparison but he's still really easy to be accurate with.