/eog/ Eve Online General

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link (chaining them with friends works best)
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.
Or use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=d81bcfcf-8e09-4e55-b9ec-1ea99fd7aa98&action=buddy

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

>>>>>>
Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9 (embed)
>>>>>>

Now:
>Remove Anime

Future: (updates.eveonline.com/)
>New Suns
>PLEX and AUR change:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-changes-on-the-way/
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-rework-follow-up/
>Missile changes:
forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6894505
>Upwell Refineries:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-upwell-refineries
>T3C Rebalance (Ex. CPU and PG subs merged, among others) ships will have 4 subs with 3 options each
>Vexor, Caldari Medium Industrials and Rupture remodel
>New Blood Raider caps and PvE Event
>CONCORD Ships:
forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=515826
>New Project Discovery
>Outposts become Citadels

Past:
>March 14: "improved" Probe/Dscan, Fighter, HIC and Rorq changes
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, cargo notifications
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes, nobody likes Reyni (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous Permalink: orph.link/eog

daily reminder theres nothing wrong with capitals, cloaky camping, jump drives or rapid lights

>user STOP FUCKING RATTING FOR FUCK'S SAKE AT LEAST BUY THAT SHITFIT DRAKE ON CONTRACTS

>trying this hard to hate goons
lmoa

>>
>>
newbros keep in mind the recruitment link in the OP is a different from the previous ones and has no name affiliated with it, beware scams!
>>
>>

>FC orders everyone to refit from invulns to therm/kin hardeners or get zero SRP
>he bought out the market in staging and sells them for 5 mil each
>'it's a free market, user! why don't you import some modules if you don't like the prices?'

Reminder there is nothing wrong with goons. Come join. Mittens banned furries.

Who here wants to see Providence burn?

> there is nothing wrong with goons

navitas

THE FUCKING ALLIANCE CEO WONT BLUE MY ALT. HOW CAN I DOCK MY JF IN THE STATION AND PARTICIPATE IN THE """"FREEE""" MARKET IF THE CEO WONT LET ME FUCKING DOCK WITH MY JF ALT.

I'm already burning it daily. These shitters are so bad I podded the same guy 3 times in a row because he kept warping to our bubble camp

>90% of what flies through are system is kitey cancer
>webs and damps counter kitey cancer
>no one ever brings webs and damps

maybe you should join a real corp

>hanging out doing nothing docked
>someone initiates chat and welcomes me to eve while asking if everything is going ok and wants to be my friend and help me out

what the fuck is this persons problem reee

>living in highsec
Biomass yourself

>hurr more logi more dps
I know the feel of being surrounded by retards

>people talk to you
>desperately try and not engage too much in case they want a real conversation because they might be doing it out of pity or not want one and you just thought they did and now they hate you because you wasted their time

I'm shit at pvp so I'm taking out shitfit T1 frigs and engaging everything until I feel more comfortable.

Does this mean using a Maulus was actually a good idea?

>we don't set standings to individual alts, nothing personal user
>your JF alt can join our permanently wardecced alt alliance for a small 1b/month fee
>all these JF alts and alt corps that do have individual standings are helping with vital alliance projects
>it's just a coincidence that leadership and directors have their market and jf alts in these corps

>tfw can't tell if someone is legit new to EvE or is just someone's alt

Mauluses are very good, but you need friends or a blob to back you up. They have literally no combat ability on their own.

why can't you search epic arcs in agent finder? why can't you filter people who won't talk to you regardless of level?

ree

>tfw too good at EVE because I've read up on game mechanics so every corp assumes I'm a spy alt

I mean, I've gotten 2 interceptor kills in FW space with it. My drone skills are good and it can store replacements.

>want to undock
>dunno what to do
>stay docked

first person non ship combat when

this game would literally btfo every game in existence if you could play as your avatar clone what the fuck is ccps problem. Do they hate money.

because if they put dust on pc no one would play the actual game.

Why the fuck haven't you joined Oruze Cruise yet?

Because I'm having too much fun in Brave Newbies, being near 25% of all fights in nullsec

>circlejerk chart for wormholes

Because they're HK pets and trying to join them is asking to get awoxed

10%reduction in Large Energy Turret activation cost

>tfw could go back top lazerhawks
>stay with corp that barely has 7b in the hole

You should camp Apocalypse Now's systems. They think they are elite pee vee pee and the smaller corps here hate them. So they probably won't defend their systems.

I'm having fun in Anime Masters

>I'm having fun in Anime Masters

>NumActive
How is that measured?

>been putting off the 80 jump round trip for the past week

probably by how many unique characters they can crawl from killmails over a period of time

>FW fags are using machs now
What the fuck is lowsec now?

lowsec is dead

which systems are those?

I'll put a cloaky camper there

Machs have been a lowsec meme for a long time

>only Snuff, SC and PM are allowed to field BS fleets in lowsec

How come Gnosis are so fucking common and ship? aren't they a limited edition ship?

Should i be buying and hoarding them for when their price goes up?

A fuckton of them were given out in an event last last year. They've been hovering around 40m for months. Eventually they'll go up but it'll be a super long-term investment.

>super long term

lmao just buy them all now. 40m is cheap af

They're actually going for around 44m atm. After the event back in November they were around 40m so if you're okay with only making a 10% profit over a half a year go right ahead. It's not like they're going to suddenly shoot back up to 60m like they were before the event.

Not to mention the spike from 40m to 44m was very recent and sudden after months of stagnation.

What are the odds they do another one every now and then to keep the alpha's supplied?

I wouldn't bet against it

Solo sounds worse tee bee heich

>heich

scorch nerf when

>see neuts in system
>stomach starts turning, can't enjoy my dinner
WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT ANTI-CLOAK STRUCTURE

I have literally been sitting in a plex for an entire hour. I'm inclined to agree.

waiting for the local scrambler to be coded

>when you finally make a corp with irl friends but have shit ships and need a space in null sec

>and you don't want lose the deployable for station

Help, what do?

Live in NPC space.

We would, but we've got plans.

For sovereignty.

Of null-sec.

Look, we're very ambitious.

(also, we're going to be producing drugs)

Walk, then run.

Yeah, I know. The question is, what do I do when I finally reach the run point?
How do I evade the infamous gate campers?

How do I get a bloody station all the way into null-sec and deploy it without losing it and myself?

have a friend stay 1~2 jumps ahead of you and tell you if the gate is camped or not

Oh.

That's so simple.

Shit, that actually works.

Thanks man!

desu you can do that yourself if you have an alt too

Eh, haven't invested in an alt yet.

BTW, I'm playing Caldari ECM+missiles, and my three friends are all Gallentean hybrid turrets+drones.
Should I find a Minmatar artillery player for alpha, or is there a bigger hole that needs to be filled?

You should really get someone that can fly a JF to supply your corp with fuel, ships, ammo, drones, and to sell the loot you'll get from the rats

The only time alpha is really important in PvP is in larger fleet fights where you can organize enough people to instapop enemies so logi can't get to them. In small gangs it doesn't matter.

JF....?

Jump Freighter

It's a hauling ship that can jump from several systems of distance.

You won't have to risk getting ganked or gatecamped on travelling duty if you fly one of these.

Thanks everybody! I got to head off now, but this actually helped a lot. I think the corp can now get a jumpstart. Every piece of advice helped, and I hope I can make it somewhere!

(or my corporation will just end up being selling drugs from god knows where)

Is this really a thing?

Yes. It's been known for a while now.

>when you win a contract worth 5b for 2.1

Well that's this and next months plex

>using autopilot

>Hyde

>people who die to hisec wardeccers

>"heh, lets show them how much of a waste of time wardeccing us was by docking up for the next week"

I will let you know when I get home from work.

>live in wormhole
>wardecced
>people still manage to die

Jokes on them. I still make billions during that week and played another game for the most part.

>"heh, look at their pathetic attempts to disrupt my activities, jokes on them, I just played something else all week"

>"OK boyz we're gonna need some downdootz on this thread"

yfw you were scammed

I have t2 light fighters skills but no flight hanger yet...so i have like 15 days to get mintman carrier 1 and 7 more days to get t2 fsu...and then actually find a carrier to buy.
Although i will probably lose it really fast...or lose all the fighters.

Live in wormholes, it's the best thing to do with trusty bros.

>Live in wormhole
>Get decced
>Go out of our hole to fight the deccers
>Can't find them no matter where we look
>War ends with no kills on either side

Retribution

>>when you win a contract
Yeah that never happened to me once on those really retarded auctions.

Is there a trick to sniping contracts? This shit is worse than 0.01 isking.

Almost finished my training plan for the kitsune. How angry are autists going to be at me for flying it against them?

2 ladars put minmatars to heel

Carrier ratting is piss easy, you just can't afk it. If you're really worried about losing fighters you can use a couple of drone hp rigs.

Should I just take 2 min ones and 2 caldari ones? Drones are still gonna attack and no one flies amarr ships

>no one flies amarr ships
FC, what are guardians?

Yea i guess...i don't even know how to fit them though, i guess i can steal someone else's fit from corp...

Quite angry. I lost two curses to this shit :c

Okay aside from guardians but I'm mostly involved in smaller scale fights not blobs

Do you have the space for a mobile depot and spare jammers in your cargo? You could always swap before the fight if you have enough time.