Work hard

>work hard
>never get a raise

>ah yes user, about that raise. have a seat. here's a list of the mistakes youve made since youve been here. yes there's nothing new in the last 18 months, but the earlier ones still stand. so no, i cant give you a raise sorry

why don't you columbine everyone and then yourself.

Wages wont raise until after the Revolution, Brother.

WHEN

A WANT A CONCRETE DATE

Good god OP i know this feel. Im always on time, never sick, im very flexible whenever they need me, i dont complain, i dont make mistakes, i can say without bragging i do a better job than 80% of my coworkers yet i make the same.
I feel like i should demand a raise or tell them another company offered me 20% more to put pressure on them but at the same time i appreciate my contract wich gives me long term stability.

When a coworker who calls in sick (hangover) twice a month gets the exact same treatment as me it makes me wanna throw things around. Life is unfair, i need a hug

gotta work smart instead of work hard

Then get a better offer elsewhere.
Take inventory of your worth and skills and apply to other jobs on the side.

Was a lifeguard during college for a community center

Place gave me a $0.30 raise after my first year. HR woman looked me in the eye and in the most serious tone said that I did an amazing job.

Found out that she wasn't being sarcastic and I actually did get the highest raise of all the lifeguards. Everyone else only got $0.25

Threadly reminder that unless you recieve an annual raise that your employer is effectively lowering your pay because of inflation.

This I try to ask for a 10% raise each year and if I have a 50% success rate that means a 3% real YoY change.

>he fell for the "work hard" meme

do you think billionaires work hard? no, they are just smart and understand how the system works.

You need to ask for a raise to get one.

I walk my neighbors German Shepherd five days a week for past three years. She gives me $75 for the week, if it's too cold/raining/I'm hungover or just don't feel like walking I just check to see if left me any notes and chill, the neighbors mind their own business and she never finds out.

She lets me.stay at her house while she's at work, I have a crackhead brother who smokes and coughs nonstop all day so it's nice to get away from him.

Any job that involves dealing with the general public is hell, I've had my share of those jobs. Hopefully Trump deports enough spics and women fuck out of the work force so a guy can earn a decent living

>ask for raise
>get fired

>tfw you can't jump over the wageslave 100k barrier

that's why you only pretend to work hard while jacking off online, I am playing .io games for many hours each day currently and they still say I do good work.

If they dont give you a yearly raise, respectfully quit and you might even get a good recommendation from them.

>only get cost of living raises
>you make the same amount of money as the guy who plays on his phone all fucking day and calls in sick every month

why even bother working hard

Kek.
I hope that is the hourly wage increase right

>Join a small company with way too mucb to do.
>Be good at everything the company needs to do.
>Demonstrate broad skill set and solve several problems it has.
>I get a raise
>I get my hours increased to 60 hours a week
>I sign a contract to be on call 24/7 for a $1/hr raise
>I am now literally indispensabe as their best generalist worker and manager of a team of other generalist employees.
>Fucking hate this job now, hate managing employees, I want to die, I trade stocks and troll Veeky Forums all day on my phone at work.
>I prevented a major loss for the company lately finding a serious defect in one of their primary valve centers for their downstream pipelines.
>I get a 0.05 raise and two more fuciking dipshits to manage.

I just hate this shit, I don't want to be punished for doing my job well and money isn't good compensation. I get no time to spend any of this fucking money I get from overtime, I hate all my dumb ass underlings and I basically recommend them for firing in every meeting.

I only trade in stocks because I have more money than time and I can trade during my workday.

Is the coworker a girl?

Jorge?

>I literally do the work of 2 people.
>Get paid the same as lazy pieces of shit.

I think im going to quit.

Whats a decent raise that is not a slap in the face? 5 percent?

This is a business board, you have to start thinking about these things from a business perspective.

Step one is to stop complaining like a little bitch.

You get paid exactly how much you're worth. If you think you're worth more try to find a better job.

As mentioned here , I wound up in a job where whoever made the least mistakes got advanced, regardless of the actual amount of work they did.

The end result was the entirety of management sitting in their offices all day trying to avoid putting their name on anything

Yes. Although any respectful employers give 10% raises to good employees.

My brother went from 55K to 68K within a year.

you forgot to sound interested in their life

Semi related but not really question. What is a good place to be a waiter? I know being a waiter sucks and your income is based on tips but I am a low level manager at a pizza place and I literally cannot stand this place anymore I just want something with low responsibly. Can handle people, frequently have to deal with difficult people in the first place anyway.

>working hard
1980 wants his meme back

The squeaky wheel gets greased

These number are pointless without a time frame.

And any employer would be suicidal giving out 10% or even 5% raises per year without any promotion that warrants it.

> Work hard.

> Half our taxes goes to servicing debt & interest

> Paid for social security & medicare all our lives

> get fucked by the time we're 30

What can we do, Millennials?

>"Hey You're doing a good job user. I'm going to talk to the GM about getting a raise"
>2 weeks later
>""Hey You're doing a good job user. I'm going to talk to the GM about getting a raise"
Dude, are you just fucking with me.

>First appraisal meeting
>quickly changed roles to something far more important compared to what I was originally hired for
>"Hmm... I'll see what the board says about your raise"

>Second appraisal meeting
>"Hmm... I'll see what the board says about your raise"

>Hand in resignation
>Everyone panics
>"Ok user we'll sort out that raise for you"
>clueless manager is fired

Stupid small business bullshit the "Directors Board" is like two people, it was a bluff as well since I had a job offer in my pocket to use as leverage, however it didn't pay as much compared to the raise.

>invest 1500 dollars
>its canadian cuck bucks

JUST

>blaming obama for this

lemme guess, you're on minimum wage and aren't even college educated and get all your news from /pol/ ?

Have you ever asked for a raise, or do you just sit around waiting for it to be handed to you? Does your 'harder,' 'better than 80%,' work actually generate additional revenue or cost savings?

This literally never happens unless they were already going to fire you.

>you make the same amount of money as the guy who plays on his phone all fucking day and calls in sick every month
Do you make a measurable difference compared to that other guy? Did you ever ask your boss for a raise? Did you ever bring up how 'all,' he does is play on his phone? If you're working so hard all the time how do you know what he's doing? Maybe he simply gets his work done before you so by the time you look over he's already been finished.

Those are horrible raises. Clearly you aren't asking for enough.

>minimum wage is about to go up
>everyone gets called in for review
>everyone's wages get bumped up to the new min wage
>ask for an actual raise
>"What do you mean? You just had your review and it says we gave you almost a dollar! You're not due for another raise like that for years!"

If you're actually good at what you do and are unpaid, go out into the job market and get some offers close or above your market value.

Then talk to your boss/supervisor and explain that you have an offer for so and so and will need an extremely close match for you to keep working there.

If you can't get offers for what you want your salary to be then you're probably not worth that much anyway.

>tfw your last wage was only 25 cents
>there are people doing the same work as me making 60% more than me hourly

Then you find another job, or stay in the current until you find a better paying job. Retail shouldn't be a permanent job anyways.

>invest money in good investments
>get your own raises from dividends
all fixed