/elyg/

MEME SPECS EDITION

/elyg/ - Elysium General
THE WAR EFFORT HAS BEEN >autocompleted
nostalri.us/anathema?wareffort

It's official, Zeth'kur will be allowing transfers. Now is the time to steal other peoples names on elysium anathema and darrowshire and sell them to zeth cucks.

>Server Homepage
elysium-project.org/

>Guilds:
ELYSIUM
Alliance guild:
Horde guild:
YouTube guild:

/who "guild name", whisper anyone!

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons
forum.elysium-project.org/forum/268-ui-addons-macros/

>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>WoD models (Drop the MPQ in your data folder)
mediafire.com/file/igrn28dw2r9qghr/patch-5.mpq

Previous thread
Someone fix the leveling guides for talents they're shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/yKHuDrp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

those talent trees were horrible

t-test

I got 41y but that doesn't help me much when i'm in the nova with feign death, scatter and traps on CD. I'm asking because, as long as i don't have first hit and a fucking ton of crit luck(basically killing him with aimed->multi->auto in 5 seconds), i can't defeat a frost mage. And i really have no idea what you're talking about when you say that frost is a pvp spec, can't remember the last mage i saw, in pve or pvp, that wasn't frost.

Legacy servers when?

At least for the people raiding, my guild only has 1 winters chill/iceblock pull slave. Everyone else is deep arcane and then frost.

Obviously I'm not pvping as much now so I guess I'm not aware of sprc prevalence. Man pvp was really fun as frost though let me tell ya.

is dank buddz collective worth joining? i see trux has joined them

Guess what this is.

Leaked times from the devilsaur mafia of when people are alloted to spam chat to sell leather.

>open catalog
>search for 'wpsg'
>no results
>search for 'tbc'
>no results

its been a privilege fellas, goodbye.

I'm in searing gorge right now, i've seen roughly 5 or 6 UD mages in the last 30 min and every single one was frost with at least 4 of them T1+ geared(shoulders make them easily recognizable). Do you only leave OG for MC/Ony and then go straight back?

Do they do it on alts? I have seen half of those people doing it.

No idea but I will personally ensure raiding happens in salty dogs once I hit 60.

No idea why nobody else is taking the opportunity to be a main tank besides me.

how many players in salty dogs right now? if its a substantial amount, ill rejoin.

>t1

Baddy mages detected. Arcanist set in general is terrible and isn't BiS in any piece. At least until av I'm not sure what happens with mc gear then. Only drop that is worth shit for mages atm is azuresong mageblade and the t2 legs.

Also yeah lol I never leave capitals, I just sell ports. Did a dungeon for the first time in weeks and it was terrible, no crowd control without deep frost.

There's usually like 5-10 on at a time. Crab is guild leader and he's still alive, enough to purge ded people the other day kek. Discord is just grimlic (Idk who he is) any this other guy van darkholme (also don't know who he is) spamming all day. Neither is in guild though apparently.

Here's discord link:
discord.gg/yKHuDrp

Which was my point, every mage i see, whether in pve or pvp, is frost so the whole argument that "lol spec for pvp if you want to survive against a pvp spec" is bullshit.

>Did a dungeon for the first time in weeks and it was terrible, no crowd control without deep frost.
>mage
?

I don't know how to help you.

Maybe by listing a couple weaknesses that the frost mage must surely have.

Imp blizzard/permafrost for all the skelly pulls in strat. I was only range in party and it was terrible. Died a million times while the rogue and warrior single targeted non elites.Also shaman not priest so couldn't shackle.

No idea why people like shaman healers outside raids and bgs. Legit can't do anything. No bubble. No HoTs. No CC. Just extremely situational resistance and padding melee dps.

Stop lying, there are never 5-10 on

It's 2-3 with a 5 person peak

t. a dipshit

Idk if mages have silences but that definitely is one. If deep frost has to use arcane missiles it's fucking over. Maybe engineering can help you with that wouldn't know.

Ice barrier is really good but if it's already down and they're using mana shield then fucking burn their mana down ASAP. They'll panic if they start having to recast mana shield a lot.

Don't send in your pet first that's just asking to get it sheeped. Using a prowling cat might be interesting though, especially if they are drinking. They'll probably frost nova first right there and you can swoop in at that moment. Maybe a drive by wing clip for good measure? Either that or just staying outside fire blast range, I think that's 15 I'm probably wrong. Don't get cone of colded though so max range still prob your best bet. You want their attention on you though not pet anyways, so like having stealthed cat unstealth and attack after you get their attention would be good. Definitely trying to get them to waste nova on the pet and not you.

If they blink towards you maybe you can time it to where they run back towards the direction where your pet is (if novad). Having takk the leaper with higher pursuit speed might be more helpful than broken tooth also since mages can easily just spam instant casts.

I definitely had a bigger problem with lupos than broken tooth.

Not sure if that's useful but I tried, hope that helps.

There were yesterday.

Nobody running dungeons together though which is the only important thing. I intend to change that. Already bringing people back from placeholder.

A fight against a mage usually goes like this: If i have first strike and catch the mage off-guard i get him close to dead(if not just dead) in a couple seconds with aimed->multi->auto. If i don't have first strike(which is almost always the case) i get off a multi->arcane->auto which is completely eaten by the barrier, he blinks towards me, i scatter->trap, he frost blocks and novas at which point i fire off my trinket, he CoCs, frostbolt, frostbolt, ae, frostbolt, blast, dead. Maybe if i'm really lucky i get a second scatter off, which allows me to limp a couple y away, but never a second trap.

The big issue is that i have nothing after the trinket. Clip just slows me as well and scatter, fd, trap is on CD for another 15 seconds.

trux tried to revive salty dogs for weeks and failed

how would it be any different with you?

>tfw the normie guild you joined does a full mc run with zero wipes and its super comfy with no drama.

Ok

i am a girl (male) and not very smart (‿)

name?

Does the horde outnumber alliance on Elysium

you should always have engineering on these servers

overall only by about 15% but it's more like 30-35% at 60.

>tfw the normie guild you joined showers you with loot and gold with no complaints from others

Barely. Problem with outnumbering starts and ends at bg queue. Most horde has like 30-40 minutes bg queues, while ally got instant queues, so horde goes outside to get some more honor and ally just sit in their capitals so it looks like there is a massive horde advantage in all contested zones.

>looks
No it doesn't just look like they outnumber ally in the open world significantly, it's a fact. Whether ally just sits in IF or the BGs doesn't matter. You'll meet 10 times more horde than ally while traveling or farming.

I'm not planning to do a ton besides enjoy the old leveling experience and some instances while leveling probably, it sounds like I may want to avoid going alliance/elysium though if it's that congested with people trying to kill me

Vanilla world pvp is actually not too bad but I dont want to spend a lot of time hiding in a bedroom upstairs in an inn with every npc being killed on respawn

Elysium in general is a bad place to go if you just want to enjoy vanilla leveling and dungeons. Every single zone is over farmed(the realm constantly sits at 2-3 times vanilla pop cap), you'll be fighting for mob spawns with both ally and horde and there are a ton of high level players with pent up frustration taking it out on the lower folk.

>tfw you join a normie guild with three main raid cores that are all 10/10 mc and 1/1 ony

>get to STV on my warrior
>after being ganked maybe a handful of times in other zones i'm mercilessly set upon by not only people who out level me but those at or even several levels below me the moment i try to get a quest done
>since i'm a warrior there's pretty much nothing i can do about it

so done with the warrior grind it isn't fucking worth this headache

Find yourself a priest, shit on people together.

>people actually rank in vanilla wow in 2017
Literally every other expansion is better or pvp and toy actually get to pvp instead of farming wsg/ab over and over for eternity.

Do people really care about hwl gear that much?

I have no other gear to farm as a warlock untill bwl. Literally everything is worse than r12. R13-14 are useless though.

It's either raiding or pvp. One requires 39 other semi-coordinated people showing up at the same time, the other requires a lot of patience and the ability to click on queue. Both give roughly the same quality gear.

Raiding takes much less time than constantly running bgs and is more fun. Why not just raid and play something else?

I like pvp and pve but the vanilla pvp system is terrible, it rewards time investment not gameplay.

A question to alliance prems:
Why won't you just let horde prems 5cap and queue next if you're not going to win anyway? I mean there is no point honor/hour wise to play losing game of 2-3 or 1-4, when you can just skip this and get insta queue to destroy yet another pug.

Samfu...
Pouncy...
Tendies...
Puddi...

>destroy yet another pug

Whats wrong with that? Majority of horde still queues solo.

who's got the puddi feet pic?

are you implying there are any horde prems that can beat ally prems?

>Not having a healer friend from level 20+
You're leveling Warrior incorrectly.

Prem I was in yesterday won 10 out of 10 games we played.

and you fought ally prems? beating ally pugs isn't really an achievement, they're fucking horrible

>have massive range
>use aspect of the cheetah
>viper sting
>run like a bitch

If you queue as horde prems you will only get prems vs you, so yes all 10 games we played were ally prems.

How do you pick out the healsluts from the normies?

join MoH

bully them after they let you die

normies will sperg at you and get defensive, a healslut will melt into your arms

Solid advice

Might start back, are there still people levelling and are zones still populated?
Which realm is the best one atm?

elysium. full of people. maybe too many people

where's warmane tbc thread?

I am leveling at mid 30s now and population is damn solid. I had a long break so not sure aboit lower level areas but my guess tgwy are crowded as usual.

You on Elysium?

Yup. I play rarely now so if you catch up and would need a priest to do some duo action I'd be down

Ok cool thanks, what faction? I've got a level 30 paladin

Nobody on my guild on Ana has logged in over 2 months :/

is finalflash still playing or did he quit?
havnt seen him post in ages

Ally. Name is Vanat. Thats about how long of a break I took and got gkicked obviously.

He got permabanned for posting CP in /b/

As fearless in death as he was in life.

well i mean that's completely untrue because when i was pugging with a friend i kept getting the same chink premade against us so you're wrong and stupid at the same time.

The issue isn't staying at range but getting to range without having the opener. Even then, we're talking about wpvp here, with mobs and shit.

Gonna start a warrior character alt.
Which faction/race/gender should i go with?

Those chink faggots manipulate queues.

Fem gnome with pink pigtails.

Please raid

>You will not post or request personal information ("dox") or calls to invasion ("raids").

>blink
>fireblast

>blink
scattershot, get back to range and contine

>hunter complaining about mage
>the literal hardest mage matchup

Hello?

lol no, druid is. and priest after that probably.

>hunter
>harder than dispelling shadow hunter with fear and silence

What classes are most in demand for good guilds

>not playing with will of the forsaken
wew

really how hard can it be with 2 ice blocks?

holy pally
dwarf priest
warlocks

>implying warlock playes alliance
lmao

What would you Ice Block for against a Hunter.

>fall into lava
>this happens

looks like you missed the lava fag

Realistically that's what would happen if you fell into lava

scatter/trap, because you aren't retarded and never let the hunter get out of deadzone?

Lol do you even play Mage retard.

that's a great rebuttal, and yes I do play mage. our worst matchups are druid, priest, and warlock - unless you are undead, and then the only matchup that you should worry about is druid.

>even bringing up soul link, spriest or balance Druid on a discussion of PvP balance

okay, but that has nothing to do with complaining about the hunter matchup. unless he opened on you from 41 yards with an aimed shot, how is it a bad matchup for mage?

Except why would a Hunter ever let you get in range in the first place. Most people who play Hunter are shit and not because of their class. Hunter beats Mage, it's rock paper scissors.

>shut up, he explained