>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

**ATTENTION CONSOLE BROS**
There is now an official PS4 and XB1 Community!

If you would like to join, search For Honor General (PS4)
For Honor General Official (XB1)
or Message/add TheSteroid386 (PS4) or metalkid267 (XB1) and we will invite you.

FIRST FOR WEEB WILL WIN

SECOND FOR SECONDING THIS

what character is the greatest salt miner in duel and why?

Vikings will win.

seems warden rn
dunno why desu

shugoki charge only cheese. getting removed in 3 hrs tho

im so fucking sick of roaches, there are almost no peaceniggers anymore, so roaches are becoming the cancer once again.

Shugoki will mad everyone mad even withotu the cheese, peeops cant handle muh armor

If you got your Defensive Meta own and can parry lights. Warlord. If not

Does the new patch include the new executions?

>first round of Elimination on Canyon
>everybody else kills their guy
>Warlord I'm fighting drags me thirty yards into the spike walls
>Conq on my team has a mic and aggressively shouts at everyone who tries to help me fight him while watching me die, then brow beats everyone else into 1v1ing him until he kills every fucking one of them
>enemy team returns the favor by ganking us the rest of the match and taunt spamming when they win
Wow, thanks honorfag. At least the moral highground we maintained'll act as a nice perch for my decapitated head.

block shove only law

>LB had most kills on team
>lowest score

How can people not grasp the concept of objective matches?

Xth for Bleed is Cancer and Nobushi a shit

>High rep roach uses revenge in a 1v4
>Entire team spills their spaghetti and dies to zone spam

It's probably because of his one death. Dominion retardedly used the same point boost killstreak system present in Skirmish, so the other players were getting something like 40 renown per kill by the end, whereas lawboy might have died halfway through his 10 kills and got his bonus reset.
Imho this shouldn't be in Dom, and removing it would make objective control more important and reduce snowballing.

>Roach parries me while doing the katana spin emote
I was never so conflicted between mad and not mad

the thing is, rep points don't add to your dominion score. Only your level up for feats. The killing system is fine on dom, you also gotta take the points or you're not levelling up or helping the game

user who posted the pic here. I killed that LB shortly before the match ended, so I think may've been right in that he just focused on murder rather than point capturing. I mean he was the only one willing to waste his time climbing on the ladder I was camping like five times before and after I killed him.

They do actually add to the team score, same as skirmish.

>guide to dominion:
>go middle
>smack a soldier
>go to your closest point
>capture it
>sit on it
>spam catapult
>VICTORY

>spam catapult

thats not how it works

Came back to the game recently, not surprised shitters are still around, but surprised by how obvious they are.

> the one dude with 6 rep 108 attack gear and when you kill hik once he quits
> the other dude who just waits for revenge and then fights back
Pitiful desu

>he doesn't know

>shug vs warden
>he wont attack so I oni cheese him

>requeue for duels
>matched vs him again
>"bye"
>he sees my warden
>"oh real fight"
>he goes 2 rounds down then quits

ayy lmao

enlighten me`

People are extremely butthurt about Shug. Against one guy I did a charge a single time because he was running away, didn't even follow up with heavy.
> "So glad shugoki charge gets nerfed :)"
>:)

I fucking hate Orochi, dumb fucking zone attack and his smug fucking playerbase with their le feint into le 500 damage top light

the only reasin I was worried about the charge nerf was I cant do my out of stam 50/50

but Ive been testing a new one

when they have no stam you run up and charge a heavy, since its unblockable they have to parry or get hit, works p well so far, nice little mind game for shug, so you can still dish out mad damage when they are out of stam

I tried this and they just dodged.

They can also dodge the unblockable instead of parry. So it's not really a true 50/50, more of a 33/33/33.

t. Raider main.

Feint into gb then.

feint heavy and grab

That's why I called it a 33/33/33 instead you goon

Hello /fhg/. I recently bought the game on PS4, and would like to gitgud, but it seems that Duel always has Low Activity and even If I do match up, it's against people who are much higher rep than me, and usually end up in crushing defeat for me. The only reason I sometime win is most likely due to luck than skill. Any tips on how to get better?
Oh and I looked for For Honor General in PS4 community but it only had 20 members, and I didn't saw TheSteroid386 in member list either, so was it some other group?

so raider counters a ton of bullsit and shugoki can counter the rest

why not just play these 2 herores?

Duels are the big-boy gamemode, and the only people that really play them will do anything for that W.

Consider brawls, instead. In my experience, Brawl players are consistently shittier than duel players.

I have both Kensei and Roachie boy at Rep 1, who should I grind to rep 3?

Kenpai

Countering is nice but you also have to get a hit in

I wonder if that second Centurion "leak" is real.

So I won't be finding many new casual players there?
I'd tried doing brawl but it just always turns into smaller elimination mode where you have to ledge the first guy ASAP and then gank the other one. Still, thank you. I guess I'll play Brawl more and hope to gitgud there!

That was probably the right community.

>how to get better
Duels usually have the better players in them, so it's probably the best way to get better, although you will suffer losses somewhat often. But that shouldn't matter, anyway.

Just like the other user said, brawls tend to be filled with slightly worse players, but still better than 4v4s. It's a nice medium, and therefore, it's my favorite game mode. Playing brawls will still definitely teach you the game, rather than 4v4s.

Another suggestion would be to play a character that absolutely forces you to have good fundamentals to do well.

The moveset leak?

You could consider just taking brawl as 2 duels. Some people will get pissy at you for being an honorfag or whatever, but rushing a ledge kill and a 2v1 isn't how you improve.

That one is isn't real. I had one of the guys that went up to the community workshop confirm.

Moreso the "leak" proving that the "leak" is actually a "leak"

They're under NDA, they're probably not allowed to confirm if it's real either way.

Kensei.

After reading that, I hope the leak is an actual leak. That all sounds swell.

Except all the fucking move names are awful. I cannot believe that these are the actual move names.

PATCH WHEN!?

n e v e r e v e r

I don't really care about losses as long as I get to learn stuff, but it seems against few people It just seems hopeless.
As for character that forces me to have good fundamentals, which one would that be? I've only tried Warden, Warlord and Nobushi.

Well hopefully people don't get too mad. I'll try to take it 1v1 on brawl. Though should I be interrupting someone's finisher? It feels cheap that I'm taking away their hard end win, but sometimes at same time if we're both on low health, I rather not have them enough health that they can potentially play aggressive and I've to play defensive.

HOLY SHIT UPDATING

I had a shug do this every time I was exhausted last night.
I just unlocked and backed away.
You don't need to dodge.

up2u

Really, do whatever the fuck you want in Brawls: don't give a shit what other people think. In that context you're doing what you want to do and fighting the enemies one at a time, for practice. This doesn't mean you need to go full honorfag.

Rude

update this
*unzips shoulderbash nerfs*

Berserker and kensei would teach you how to mindfuck your opponent

Lawbringer relies on parries so it forces you to learn how (if you don't use the newly introduced 50/50)

Some people say raider is pretty good at forcing you to learn but I've never played him so I won't comment on him

Overall, you can still learn good fundamentals with any character, so it doesn't mean you have to play one of these, it's just that these characters rely on it while others usually have something else they can use

>I would like to git gud

turtle, a lot. if you are a warden then vortex spam

>Tfw i've played almost every hero to rep 3 and mastered all matchups

cancel and zone then

Quick, name the worst matchup in the game.

me vs u :^)

will oni charge knockdown if opponenet has no stam?

Let's rev up everybody's personal /OUR OPINION/ for the new patch (when it's out).

>S Tier: Warlord
After this newest patch bumps Warden and guts Shugouki, Warlord will be practically undisputed for king of 1v1.

>S- Tier: Peacekeeper
Even with the further light nerfs she'll probably have her instant zone and the best lights in the game.

>A Tier: Raider
Now that Raider's only two bad matchups are Warlord and Peacekeeper, he can practically stomp any other character in the game.

>A- Tier: Lawbringer
With the newest buff/bugfix his shove mixup will become that much more annoying. He'll still be mediocre against the top tier, but then again so is everyone else.

>B+ Tier: Warden
The nerf will make his shoulderbash mixups a lot less potent, but since stamina cost isn't lowered it's still very spammable in the neutral.

>B Tier: Valkyrie, Orochi, Shugouki, Berserker
Even though most people have learned how to deal with Valkyrie, she's still decent against slower characters. Orochi's deflect will give him much more incentive to use it, but his low health will make him better at trading. Shugouki is completely gutted without Oni Charge, but heal on Demon's Embrace and the armor to tank hits will keep him useful in some matchups. Berserker got the super armor buff, which in itself is minor. However now that people are learning how to be tricky dicky with him, his feint game is practically unrivaled and his top heavy still does nearly two bars.

>B- Tier: Kensei, Nobushi, Berserker
Kensei has gotten a lot of love with his buffs, but a lot of the mixups are still only useful against people who don't know how useless they are. Nobushi has gotten to the point where everybody knows how to parry her lights and everybody knows how to dodge her kicks. The only thing she can hope to do is out turtle or spam and hope something happens.

>C Tier: Conqueror
If you don't see why he's bottom tier I'll be happy to let you know how retarded you are in a separate post.

Conqueror vs. Raider.

Nah, Warden would probably be B tier. Before it wasn't good at high level play, now it's not good ad mid level play as you'll get lighted as soon as you do it. Warden's attacks are pretty retarded anyways, top light is able to be parried easily - even if in a different guard. Side light is the same thing. Nobody parries heavies high level. Keep guard left and Warden can't zone.

Orochi should be B+.

A'ight. Thank you. I'll just throw them and not give them free health.

Well, I have hard time blocking lights usually so I don't think I could parry with Lawbringer. Though heavies I can parry. Still, I guess I'll try Kensei or Berserker next.

I don't really know what Vortex Spam means. If you mean Light into Shoulder Bash, into 2 more lights. Yeah I do that. Basically Top Light, Bash, 2 Lights, Bash, 2 Lights, Grab. I do know that I can also turn bash into Top Heavy but it never worked for me. Also I don't like to charge it usually because most people just do Side-step attack, and feinting is kinda hard, since I've to keep swiftly move my left thumb on Right Stick ,Square and Circle.

I don't think warden should be below lawbringer.

Law's new mixup is pretty retarded, but warden's shoulder can still break a turtle, even post-nerf, can it not? The shove is easy to dodge, and the shove itself isn't the 50/50, it's what comes after it. Shoulder itself is the 50/50.

No, you can interrupt it with your fastest attack and you can't parry it because muh recovery frames on shoulder cancel.

Lawbringer vs shugoki

>matchmade with US
>salt everywhere and 50% wardens
>matchmade in EU
>cyrilic and everything but wardens

If wardens shoulder bash was really a 50/50 it would have been obsolete a long time ago.

>shugoki is B

how to spot a non shugoki player

>post nerf

>Conq in C

when will this meme end, most of the roster cant tech his nmissed bash, hes basically the same minusthe block from it

That's true. Are there certain characters that don't have a light fast enough to interrupt it though?

Also I feel as if you only have to watch out for two things when facing a law, the top light and shove. Just keep your guard top and be ready to dodge (and of course, react to any of his other attacks) and you probably won't get hit.

Warden has his top light and zone, along with his shoulder mixup (admittedly not as good as before, though), so I still believe that warden is slightly better than law. Not by much, though.

>oni charge was the only thing he could do

>Warden
Dodge and shoulderbash.
>Conqueror
Dodge and shield bash.
>Peacekeeper
Dodge heavy.
>Lawbringer
Dodge and shove.

>Raider
Dodge and guardbreak.
>Warlord
Dodge and guardbreak.
>Berserker
Dodge light.
>Valkyrie
Dodge light.
>Kensei
Dodge light.
>Shugouki
Literally the only character that cannot punish it.
>Orochi
Dodge and guardbreak.
>Nobushi
Dodge and guardbreak.

Whoa, you really showed me who was dumb and who doesn't play Conqueror.

His armor was practically only useful against Warden when both people know what they're doing. Without it he's just a slow as fuck character with bad punishes if there's no wall.

It is unless your enemy is shit.

Nope, it was reduced so that all characters can interrupt it with their fastest attack.

Top light sucks, unless you mean crushing counter - in which case Orochi can parry and do a heavy attack for 5 less damage. Top light in itself is pointless because it will get parried easily. Zone attack is also useless because it's punished on whiff, block, or even if you're in a gank and someone is behind you. Free GB for them because recovery frames. His zone is trash.

Not to mention shugoki would just oni charge you to death until now.

N-nani

Friendly reminder to check your corners.

Shug still has a huge advantage.

Are you fucking ready?

More of
Friendly Reminder to always keep a look out on your map. You could see him coming from half a mile away.

>turnabout to be continued

>map
who the fuck has time for that moba-shit.

Ah, good to know.

About top light, is it really that bad? Isn't it a decently fast attack? I can parry it pretty consistently, but I've never personally seen anyone else parry it before. Maybe it's because I'm on console, if that makes a difference.

The reason I mentioned zone is because of it's speed, but yeah, it's definitely trash compared to some other zones, due to the punishment potential.

not it wasnt, he can tank 1 hit from anything

ANYTHING, how do you not see how usefull that is? how do you open up a good shugoki? gb? enjoy getting light + headbutteed to oblivion

light atatck him to remove his armor? light + headbutt trade, or they can just armor through and throw you against a wall and get all their hp back

>99% of players

It could trade with some shit on guardbreaks. But without Oni Charge he has LITERALLY NOTHING to open people up.

Yeah man. People just turtle up and wait for you to throw it out. It's pretty easy to parry, but I like crushing countering it :)

The speed is good, but it's really predictable so it's likely to get blocked most of the time.

Oh oh!

>Raider A
How do I Raider? I'm a shitter but he's the only guy I've wanted to play but he's so slow and I can't adapt.

Why would a turtle trade? I'll just wait for you to get impatient and parry your light on reaction. If oni can't wallbang into heavy he is literally conq tier in 1v1s.

hes a defense character

>I'll just wait and parry

every class can parry, so you 2 just wait?