/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

>Stellaris
- (Future FAQ Pastebin goes here. If you want to contribute, reply to the OP with ideas or excerpts to use!)
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1 pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5 reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RjtFnWh53z0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to equip FTL engines into my Dyson Sphere and send it to neighbour systems to fuck up with enemy's planets orbits.

You can't move a star.

Of course you can.

the appreciable difference that 7 customs office on a ringworld+tomb world do.
92 pops in the system total

>Buy stellaris
>Wanna make my own species of psychedelic space vampire trees
>No tree species

wow what a scam

can't go faster than light either but this is stellaris

There are trees, user. 7,99€ DLC

>he doesn't have plantoids dlc

Huh. B... But how? A star is a giant, FUCKING HUEG piece of lava.

How can I integrate Stellaris into my sexual life?

just 7,99€ user :^)

>Can´t be both genociding fanatic and spiritual fanatic
What the fuck was the point of making so many warhammer references if you can´t even make Imperium of Man

>we will never go FTL
dumbo here, how come

Only 7,99?! Wow, that's reasonable!

I don't feel scammed anymore!

FTL is basically a necessity for any sci-fi setting given that otherwise nothing can ever even theoretically escape it's local cluster.

Dyson spheres are fundamentally fucking stupid as a concept. You need a patently ridiculous amount of impossibly strong material (we're talking about mining out an ENTIRE solar system and then magically transforming all that mass into adamantiun or someshit)
THEN develop magic anti-gravity technology which might as well be as impossible as FTL
All for what? Because some dumb star accidentally does fusion.
YOU CAN DO FUSION TOO DUMBASS
You have impossible amounts of material and tech, literally just build fusion plants
It would probably even be more efficient

test

results are in; you have AIDS

Plasma, but precisely. Build the Dyson Sphere around it in such a way you force star's emissions to go in just one direction. Also, It drags along the whole star system too!

dysoncucks on suicide watch

>nobody's whining about the OP
Nice to see you people finally accepted it.

Won't that fuckup the entire sector if you move a solar system?

Basically a fuckton of space mirrors

they'll be fine

I remember developer diaries mentioning that Hive Mind doesn't get Psychic Ascension path because "they have their own unique way of interacting with the Shroud". Is this actually true and do they get some other type of Shroud / Psychic interactions or was it just Hebrew lies?

I can bet the actual planet destroyer super weapons, when they eventually come in DLC are the same as current megastructures: unlocked way too late, abhorrently expensive and slow to build / use (something like 1 planet per 50 years) and completely useless in general despite atomic age FTL species already being able to turn their own planets into nuclear wastelands.

It'd be cool if Purifiers with Biological Ascension got access to species targeted viruses which they could then release on other empires or their own undesirables through bombardment or special projects.

How are you going to have generate enough quanties of antimatter and micro-black holes, then? We need more resources and energy! If you can defeat science by achieving FTL, you can also make a Dyson Sphere.

Wouldn't that effect the orbits in some way?SPIDERS OUT REEEEEEEEEEE

>mining out an ENTIRE solar system
likely not even a solar system would be enough, it's entirely stupid

Custom offices?

Would be cool to make a virus that will genetically modify all the off springs of a species to be flexible enough to suck their own dicks and then make them compulsive about it so they die out due to every male of the species never leaving their space house because they're sucking their own space dick.

>dyson spheres are fundamentally stupid
Indeed they are, you can blame sci-fi for that. Actual dyson spheres are not solid objects, they are swarms of orbitals unconnected to each other

So if you play with only one AI, half the habitable planets will be the same type as your home world?

>not keeping the last surviving member of a formerly powerful species alive as a pet just to spam insult on him

this ONE little fucker has declared war on our "59.9999% of the map" federation 4 times now, it's cute

>actual dyson sphere
The first idea of it really was a full sphere. Swarms came later.

>2345
>still no end game crisis

the fuck

Not really, we only need to eat Mercury to make a partial Swarm, which is probably what most civilisations end up doing. The process would take 70 years. For a complete Dyson Swarm, we would probably need to disassemble Venus, Mars, and a good number of asteroids and outer solar system moons. However, unlike FTL, it is within the realm of possibility. It's just a matter of industry.

>FE relative power keeps dropping

Soon you fucking faggot.

>all that empty space around you
>being that small in current year
the fuck

>345
>still a tiny blob
what the fuck have you been doing

All schemes for FTL require negative mass or negative energy (same thing, really, E=mc^2), which theoretically could exist, but probably doesn't for lots of reasons.

>dyson sphere in our own system

I don't want to expand from the comfy confines of my empire.

I have three Gaias in the works in my current systems and plenty of habitats coming up and that's all I need.

What is your obsession with this spider, I need to know.

The whole point is that if you have enough magic to make a Dyson sphere you might as well do something less retarded with it.

There is no obsession.

enjoy cucking yourself

Dyson Sphere should generate energy AND minerals. You'd think that with all that energy you could power massive energy-matter converters and universal constructors to build whatever material you need.

Freeman Dyson proposed a swarm, not a sphere. He knew a sphere would be impractical. Look it up.

Have a slave service their emperor while they manage the nation.
It's highly predicted that in a galaxy collision with Andromeda, if the solar system gets ejected from the galaxy it will be mostly intact.

> Energy -> matter converters
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, kid.

How am I cucked? I'm comfy as fuck. I had one war like 100 years ago and all that resulted in was this cluster fuck next to me because my only rival got the shit liberated out of him.

Bloody Yeons... Thoseflamboyant space parrots should go choke on a raisin cookie.

Yes, we can Starlifting: Disassembling stars out of its hidrogen to get enough energy to fuel your civilisation for trillions of years and forge stars at will. Scifi-fags lack a a sense of scale.

Shut up. I'm scared.

>Why the fuck are you eating shit man?
>ITS FUCKING COMFY ALRIGHT?? YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND ITS COMFYYYY

> Energy -> matter conversion
You don't know what the fuck your'e talking about kid.

>Not just unlocking the DLC's
>Buying Games
>Supporting swedish cuck developers that jew you with overpriced micro DLC's.

I don't understand.

Is this supposed to feel uncomfortable because I'm not blobbing up like in 99% of every other game of Stellaris?

You know what's worse, it will happen before our sun dies out. It will also reactive the galactic core and turn the new galaxy into a quasar, killing every living being in the galaxy with its radiation.

Matter and energy are the same thing, boy.

Shut the fuck up already.

Which is great academnic trivia but as a source of raw materials means absolutely NOTHING.

Something about infinite speed = infinite mass. And then infinite speed requiring infinite energy.

Not really sure why FTL is infinite. Lightspeed +5% is just 5% over lightspeed.

But I'm a dumbo, too.

Except when you have technology to turn energy in to material

>filename
How big is a mineral?

The energy required to create a single hamburger+cheese is enough to power a city for a thousand years.

You are an idiot and it's time to stop talking.

>get a shitload of materials
>probably mostly hydrogen which you fuse to make other elements
>build dyson sphere/swarm with them
>get energy from the start with a some inefficiency due to the laws of thermodynamics
>use that energy to create hydrogen with some energy lost due to efficiency
>fuse the hydrogen together into heavier elements
>instead of just using the hydrogen in the first place or start lifting
user...

It's because the mass of an atom comes from the sum of it's potential and kinetic energy + the intrinsic mass of its particles. Something with infinite kinetic energy would have infinite mass.

Can you elaborate how it takes that much energy and why the process be made energy efficient with technology?

Good enough to produce antimatter, the fuel of any reasonable interstellar spaceship.

Because E = MC^2, doofus.

>why the process be made energy efficient with technology
Why the process CAN'T be made energy efficient with technology

and I mean energy efficient enough to make it practical as a mean for material production.

you are literally

transforming

energy to mass
HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU MAKE THAT MORE EFFICIENT THAN A 1:1

Thatanswers none of those questions. Are you trying to take the easy way out of explaining or are you just talking over your head and can't explain why you are saying what you are saying?

And here we are 10 hours of observation and its 300 years since game start cementing my theory as proofs. 1 hour=30years with the 1st hour being=50years. Of note I suppose is the swarm spawned and died within about 15 years go fucking figure and 2 ancient empires have been wiped out 1 by an awakened one the other by that enlightened kingdom blob in the east. Now to play this game again.

by turning 1 energy into 2 masses dipshit

Just because you can turn energy to mass, it doesn't mean it's not lossless. It can't not be lossless.

That IS the answer, retard. Look it up and learn that turning energy into matter is literally LITERALLY the most retarded fucking thing you can do at any point in time even with a time machine.

Dyson Spheres have MANY potential uses, besides just harnessing unlimited energy from a star.

IRL Dyson spheres would OP as fuck, and if mankind ever built one it would propel us into god hood.

youtube.com/watch?v=RjtFnWh53z0

Because the process is hard limited by a universal constant. Even at perfect energy efficiency, which is impossible due to the laws surrounding entropy, it takes ridiculous amounts of energy.

Think about nuclear reactions because they're the same process in reverse, mass being converted into energy. Absolutely minuscule amounts of radioactive materials are converted into absurd amounts of energy, think about nuclear bombs and how little the fissionable explosive in them are and how destructive they are. You should be able to guess why the reverse process requires enormous amounts of energy to create tiny amounts of matter.

If you enjoy it that's fine but I would be bored as fuck. There is literally nothing to do except expand and war. If you're not doing that you're just waiting for your minerals to count up and wait for that little yellow triangle to pop up on your buildings so you can upgrade. You don't have to rush to blob or anything but holy fuck 145 years of sitting on your ass

What mod?

What do I need to change in the files to increase the number of ethics. I need to have two civics for my RP playthrough but I cant get both with just three civics

I've been exploring, designing ships, destroying pirates all over the galaxy and helped out some empires far out in wars.

There's been plenty of things to do.

Let's think bigger.

The speed of light isn't actually the speed of light, it's the maximum speed of anything, ever. Light was just the first thing we noticed went at that speed.
For example, gravity goes at this maximum speed too. If you deleted the sun, the earth would continue to orbit around it until the message that the sun doesn't exist anymore reaches us. And there's no way to send any message faster than that speed, even if you are a fundamental force of the universe.

I think it's NSM lol

Reminder that the people saying we can't do X are the same people that were saying we cant take to the skies or go into space. Literally agents sent by the overlords to keep humanity in check.

SHUT IT DOWN

Spooky action at a distance, also the universe and space itself stretch faster than the speed of light

>and universal constructors
I'm going to flip my shit if the eventual DLC adding buildable Titans is just going to be a regular +7 upgrade to spaceports rather than actually having to construct a massive unique shipyard first that also provides all sorts of ship and fleetbuilding boons or exclusive modules apart from Titan building.

>Create Hive nation
>2 immediate neighbors
>Go early war with one
>Eat one planet
>DOW again
>Eat his other planet
>Run into Fanatical purifier
>He controls the top Quarter of the galaxy already
>50 years into the game
>Overwhelming fleet power
>Declares war on me
>Alt f4

Hives seem fun.

Well, maybe there's technology to make matter easier out of energy. Like, build a dyson sphere around a star, except it's not a dyson sphere, but a ship shaped dyson shape that contracts and all the energy in the star is molded into a planet sized spaceship just like that.

Like breaking helium down into energy then turning that energy into 2 hydrogen?

Don't think it works that way.

>also the universe and space itself stretch faster than the speed of light
Oh yeah we have no fucking idea what's up with that lol

Wasn't that found to be incorrect recently?
Or at least not fully accurate?

anyone?

maybe our universe is one giant tit and someone is rubbing it; thermal expansion

or a giant dick and someone is wanking it

That's gay tho

How do I bait the AI into sitting still for a few minutes so I can send my death fleet in to kill them?

They keep escaping.