>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

redbubble.com/people/maiaarts/works/24866057-shin-megami-tensei-nocturne-hitoshura?grid_pos=62&p=mens-graphic-t-shirt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BEHOLD

Reminder that Garu is just a meme Zan.

Is Alice our girl?

Why are Minotaur and Mudusa such bullshit?
I even had some of the few buffs introduced and I still got fucked plenty of times.

For some reason I completely forgot that this existed.

This is a No Girls Allowed Club, but she can be /our/ mascot.

Never played these games before so I'm starting with SMT4 because I got a hacked N3DS.

But dude, where are the girls? all I'm seeing are these fags wearing swords on their hips. I get to have a girlfriend in the game at least right? I mean I heard this is like Persona

>I heard this is like Persona

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Girls are gay

Alice is my girl.

>Mfw played through SMT1 shooting everything and spamming Zio spells on bosses

Did nobody play test this game?

First time playing smt4a, kinda want to use a magic build for my first playthough. so is 3 magic 1 ag 1 luck for every level ok?

easiest time of my life with those two, asmodeus is the real casual killer

Yes.

4's difficulty is weird. I steamrolled both those two but got absolutely buttfucked on yamato takeru and king kenji.

It just matters really what demons you have and how prepared you are that determines fights, I guess.

I got some charms to make a Messian necklace with. What should I do? Should I get some kind of chain that holds three and use a peace sign for the third one?

Where my neutralfags at?

>But dude, where are the girls? all I'm seeing are these fags wearing swords on their hips. I get to have a girlfriend in the game at least right? I mean I heard this is like Persona

Thanks

Majin Tensei translation when?

Sick Zelda reference.

You get a girlfriend depending which path you go down - thinl of it like advanced S Links. If you please the guy with the afro the most, he turns into a big titted angel later. If you make the guy with the spiky hair happy, then you get to fuck a female version of Lucifer. If you make the girl happy, you'll get in the sack with her, obviously.

Stop dodging the question faggot

Are the only females in the game the demons? saw a dyke haircut fary called pixie so far

But no, really why is there a triforce. I don't get it.

Just a get an actual gf if you want one.

Just finished Final today.

I actually really liked it, and I've played all mainline, DDS1 and 2, Raidou, the works. Found the characters to be cute, difficulty felt just right on War, the added music was good, villains were pretty well written to make up for some of the questionable dialogue, gameplay was fluid as fuck. Did feel a bit Persona-y in parts and the final dungeon was a drag but it was overall solid.

Why does /smtg/ hate this game again? Is your collective personahate boner that hard?

>saw a dyke haircut fary called pixie so far

My lifestyle is too tight for wasting time with a girlfriend who will take things slowly and other emotional clingy shit

All four of those dudes just look plain silly but It's good I don't get to see them when fighting

Because the alignments were butchered into nonsense. Merkabah and lucifer were retconned into not even vaguely trying to not come off like assholes. And the divine powers were basically a tease, because krishna is the best alignment representative in the series and you're not allowed to side with him. Not only that, but for some reason during the fight against him he is trivialized and presented as if you beating him is a given on both endings.

Since the alignments were retarded, your team by definition had to be too. With no ideological conflict, that is replaced with bad sexual tension between bitchy milfs and six year olds.

In the end, you are forced to choose between only two endings. The retarded happy go lucky ending that is so fukken positive that you resurrect everyone from the egg, and the autism ending where you legitimately decide that a world where people are too retarded to have friends would be a good one. Both options are horrible, and yhvh manages to be the biggest letdown in the series, by being not ONLY pure evil, and borderline retarded, but cowardly as well. The game doesn't even coherently explain yhvh's motives, because it assumes you don't care.

The sole good aspect of the final part of the game is satan. And even he makes no sense, since he is depicted as having no ideology for ?? reason. At least his assesment / judgement lines about you are cool.

>lifestyle is too tight
The fuck does this mean

>don't see them while fighting
>don't see the guy second from the left, whose portrait is in every single battle, while fighting
Nice, almost fell for it.

It's the law of any game series. The most recent entry is garbage, the second most recent was bad but serviceable, the third most is good, fourth most is amazing, etc.

Just wait a few years and people will be praising Final as one of the quintessential SMT games like Nocturne's being praised for now.

>>Just wait a few years and people will be praising Final as one of the quintessential SMT games like Nocturne's being praised for now.

It is true that now everyone praises IV, despite it being shat on until final.

King Kenji was harder though.

Duh, he's the MC why would it matter? I'm saying all those dudes are violating the uniform code with dumb shit

>Bare chest instead of Plate carrier
It's like you want to get insta-killed
>Wearing scarfs and a colored choker
Those 2 dudes would be killed by friendly fire definitely

>alignments were butchered into nonsense
I wouldn't say that. It just got shifted from Law and Chaos to Neutral-Light and Neutral-Dark. This is a spinoff so I doubt we'll see anymore of this in mainline.

>merkabah and lucifer
They act pretty much the same as in 4, my man.

>fight against him he is trivialized
Well, he is the main villain of the game. I agree that not being able to side with him was a letdown (though with odin seemingly being a big part of SMTHD we'll have to see) but the idea that the big bad guy shouldn't be defeated because he's a villain is retarded. Or at least that's what I'm getting from your argument.

>bad sexual tensiom between bitchy milfs and six year olds
I always love this kind of hyperbole, because it makes utterly no sense. I thought the Toki/Asahi fight was kinda dumb but it didn't overpower the plot or other characters.

>both options are horrible
No? I get to be a god in one and I get to save everyone in the other. I'd say those are fairly good outcomes.

>yhvh is terrible
Well, he is a villain, I would assume he would act like a bad guy.

>satan
Agreed, liked that part of the final dungeon the most. Made up for a lot of it.

Look at his hat.

>I wouldn't say that. It just got shifted from Law and Chaos to Neutral-Light and Neutral-Dark. This is a spinoff so I doubt we'll see anymore of this in mainline.

The problem isn't just shifting to light and dark even though that itself is retarded. The problem is that its crammed into a pre existing world where law and chaos exist, but then flanderizes them both into only having their shitty qualities. Basically shitting on IVs plot.

>They act pretty much the same as in 4, my man.

If you say this, you really didn't understand their iv characterization. Lucifer in iv dies talking about hopes and dreams. Lucifer in iva is basically "mwa ha ha, I want to subjugate all humans." And the angels in iva literally always sound halfway between angry and disgusted. A narrator has to inform you in a random scene that merkabah is not meant to be angry in that scene, and in fact has no real emotion. Something that the game sure as fuck butchered the presentation of.

>but the idea that the big bad guy shouldn't be defeated because he's a villain is retarded.

Huh? My point was that when you fight him it acts like your victory is assured. A weird 180 from the fact that the divine powers were treated as the strongest side earlier on.

>No? I get to be a god in one and I get to save everyone in the other. I'd say those are fairly good outcomes.

They're narriatively stupid ones though. Of all reasons to become a god, deciding that friendship needs to be cracked down on is one of the worst.

>Well, he is a villain, I would assume he would act like a bad guy.

Most villians are presented as smart or at least not cowardly. yhvh here doesn't act self aware at all. You are left wondering how he even got in charge when his intelligence seems on par with a thirteen year old school bully who doesn't understand why other people don't like them. The reveal that he was manipulating chaos all along didn't even matter, since he was an asshole from the beginning either way.

>pre existing world where law and chaos exist
Well, yes, it's merely a different take on the matter which is more neutral-centric. It's a bit similar to Law in 2 and how that game definitely revolved around it but you could take different paths. I do agree that law and chaos could have been handled differently in Apoc but it wasn't the focus of the game to begin with.

>didn't understand their characterization
Lucifer in 4 dies talking about how pissed he is that his paradise was brought low by a son of man in neutral and on law says that you were the stronger man in the end, all the while being a closeted lawfag that secretly wishes for order on chaos. That was expanded upon in Apoc, and he certainly wasn't an asshole in either game. I also don't remember that merky bit, was that in mikado or at ichigaya?

>your victory is assured
I still don't get your argument. He's the main baddie, he's going to be defeated, that's a staple of any RPG, though yes, I am disappointed you can't side with him. That he was presented as super powerful early on doesn't mean he can't be beaten.

>narratively stupid one
Well, the whole point of anarchy is that your natural abilities are held back because you have to be dependent on others. That's some basic ancap shit. Don't know what else to say.

>yhvh doesn't act self aware
The guy's a deluded tyrant that everyone, even a lot of his supporters if 2 is anything to go off of, hates. Your argument boils down to "I don't like this character" but he's a villain to begin with, so I don't know why that's a bad thing. You can make the argument he's badly written, I suppose, but that's not what you're saying.

Am I doin' it right?

Memetastic as fuck, user.

>there is no tsukihime anime
I kek'd

1/2

>Well, yes, it's merely a different take on the matter which is more neutral-centric. It's a bit similar to Law in 2 and how that game definitely revolved around it but you could take different paths. I do agree that law and chaos could have been handled differently in Apoc but it wasn't the focus of the game to begin with.

A game with a shitty law and chaos with only neutral options is dubious enough. But even that is tolerable. The problem isn't just that it had bad law and chaos sides. Its that it is presented as part of another game that had better ones, but is retconning them for the sake of a new plot. Its not like the sides even got corrupted over time. This takes place right when the end of IV would, but they are simply different, with all good qualities stripped to make way for shitty ones. Merkabah was one of the better characters in the series before, but got butchered entirely.

>Lucifer in 4 dies talking about how pissed he is that his paradise was brought low by a son of man in neutral and on law says that you were the stronger man in the end, all the while being a closeted lawfag that secretly wishes for order on chaos.

He has more lines than his death lines. If you answer right on neutral, he sounds semi tolerant of your choice. Not sure what you mean by closet lawfag, but there's no indication of that. Someone strong taking power is part of chaos, not a deviation from it.

>That was expanded upon in Apoc,

Not really. It was there to be there because he's lucifer and its what he does. Apocalypse more or less ignores anything positive about thier goals, to flanderize them just into "people you shouldn't like." The early chaos ending itself if you take it implies nothing positive about it at all. It just talks about people living in fear because they have no choice.

> I also don't remember that merky bit, was that in mikado or at ichigaya?

At the last showdown.

Does anyone know where to get good SMT shirts?

I honestly don't know what counts as a meme these days.

Redbubble, you can also make your own there if you don't see what you have in mind. Wearing graphic tees is faggot shit anyway though.

>Yusuke for P5

You're alright, kid.

2/2

> he's going to be defeated

The player knows this, but the characters don't have a reason to. The point is that he is as far as you know the main villian. But the fight against him on either ending amounts to your tema basically saying "give up retard you have no chance" and him realizing this during the fight. For the stupidest reasons possible no less, because apparently human willpower means you were fated to win, even though most games imply that gods are way stronger than humans and its rare for humans to win.

>Well, the whole point of anarchy is

The ending isn't called anarchy. Anarchy refers to chaos. It was the american fanbase who got confused and started using it to refer to dagda. The official name is massacre.

But this makes no sense even in the plot. In game its clear that your other teammates are useful since they do rescue you. The idea that you'd be stronger alone not only makes little sense, but even if it was true, it doesn't explain why you in particular are someone so strong that you could just use your solitude to get strong enough to challenge yhvh almost singlehandedly. The fact that this was your plan is so narriatively incoherent that it makes the entire ending shit. Not two levels earlier you couldn't break out of a prison alone, but apparently you're strong enough to kill the overlord of all gods alone now.

> You can make the argument he's badly written, I suppose, but t

A character with no positive qualities including ones necessary to keep power somehow having power is in fact being badly written. How did he get power to begin with if he's dumb as a sack of rocks? And how does he keep up the charade to manipulate people if he is this stupid? And -why- is he this big of a coward? There's no reason for half of this other than to make him as unlikeable as possible. Him being pure evil would have been fine alone. The rest was just additional nonsense that made him not a worthy foe.

Everything.

Subtle graphic tees are p good though.

I'm gonna pick this up:

redbubble.com/people/maiaarts/works/24866057-shin-megami-tensei-nocturne-hitoshura?grid_pos=62&p=mens-graphic-t-shirt

I hope you're joking

Yusuke is to pure for this world

Still haven't touched P5. What's so good about Yusuke?

He's extremely airheaded in a very refreshing way.

If you havent I really do suggest not going on /v/ or /pg/ this game has many twists and its a shame if you where to get spoiled

Yusuke is cool becuase despite being a guy, Atlus made an endearing "autist" eccentric painter that ist OVER THE TOP like P4. Cool dude who wastes his money on stupid shit in the name of art/ for his friends. I also really like how he dislikes you untill a certain point in the story

I hated P4 alot but I am really happy how P5 turned out.

He's a guy that's really passionate about art, but he's not a gigantic hipster about it.

He's a tiny bit socially inept in some situations, but among the core group he's very relatable and can have normal conversations

you know, like a human can

I hated what they did to Satan and how Lucifer and the 4 archeangels are a part of him because why not.

Everygame gets its turn in the mud
SJ, Nocturne etc

They only games i dont see getting shit on is Overclocked and DDS1-2

>Tiny bit
I'd say more than a tiny bit, user.

What about KMT

He doesn't have trouble communicating or anything

Like he doesn't stutter or sperg out at shit.

He's just the kinda guy that buys two lobsters and then gets mad when someone assumes it's to eat them.

Too obscure.

But the moment more than 2 persons start to show some love for it, you can be sure that it will be shat on too.

older snes games dont count
Am playing throught KMT 1 but I got lost since I stop playing for a bit. Its pretty good but fusion is more simplistic since you cant have demons carry over any skill like in SMT I or SMT II

Speaking of which

SMT if... WHEN?!

>retconning them for the sake of a new plot
Well, yeah. That's the point of the game, it takes place in an alternate timeline. The good qualities aren't really stripped away, it's just that they're not focused on as much. And how was Merkabah 'one of the better characters in the series' in 4? He was a delusional genocidal retarded lawfag that wanted to kill teenage girls over manga. If anything he appears more reasonable in apoc because we actually see him as a source of inspiration for mikado and gaston, while in 4 the angels never interact with humans.

>more lines than death lines
Don't shift the goalpost. And anyway, chaos doesn't have kings or rulers, it's every man for himself. Lucy in 4 was a bit too quick to jump to "well how bout you become a king to rule them all". This makes sense considering Satan's existence proves he was a lawfag in the end.

>ignores everything positive about their goals
Their goals are the exact same between games - even the ending cutscenes are the same as 4's. They're both 'bad' endings because Shesha Flynn is still running around.

>at the last showdown
At YHVH? Still don't remember. Regardless, his voice is so robotic to begin with that it's hard to tell he has emotion anyway.

>human willpower means you're fated to win
Well yes, that's a big part of Neutral and the game as a whole. Humans have the power to reject gods instead of being ruled by them in Law and to progress and evolve without Social Darwinism in Chaos. I mean we kill gods in basically every fucking SMT game, it's not really a new thing at this point.

>official name
My bad.

>makes no sense
The reason you become so strong in Massacre is because you transcend your humanity by becoming dependent on no one, that's the whole point of the throne scene and stephen's dialogue. Dagda even talks about literally the entire game - call it bullshit but it was an established plot element, not just a random dbz powerup.

>SMT if... WHEN?!
20XX! He is still on time!

Yes, along with Scathach, Pixie, Nekomata, Lilim, Succubus, Kikuru Hime, Angel, and Ame no Uzume

>if he's this dumb
Well he was smart enough to make a scapegoat in Lucifer and powerful enough to make all ancient gods bend to his will. Most people don't know YHVH's true nature, anyway, they probably see him as a benevolent creator god.

I'll admit now they probably did go too overboard with making him unlikable but I'm willing to overlook that as villains are meant to be actual scumbags. Besides that, YHVH isn't really the main villain so much as Krishna, whose motives and character were far more interesting.

Man SMT is a lot funner on Paradise mode. I'm finally able to enjoy this series.

Its because of the Persona influence that all these recent megatens got

>shit writing (SMT4:A)
>Doi instead of Kaneko for new demons
>Changing Kaneko's character designs for generic animu trash like Doi's

I can't believe they touched in such a perfection of game that is Strange Journey for no reason. Its so hard for him to leave the flower fields for a minute just to draw Alex's design and some new demons?

I'm fucking sick of these /v/ threads saying P5 is better than mainline, when the big problem is the persona pandering after that mistake of anime.

P5 is better than mainline

Best timeline

>P5 is better than mainline for rehashing things mainline did except making them accessible to people who can't stomach going through an entire game without high school social simulator bullshit
P5 is mainline for idiots.

>>Doi instead of Kaneko for new demons
Kaneko is retired my man it has nothing to do with persona

And Maphisto, Cleopatra and the mermaid are great. Not everything is persona's fault

I wonder where the new P5 fans are going to end up. On the Persona or the SMT side.

Kaneko is really retired? I will miss him so much, I feel bad for pirating all SMT games before buying a 3DS.

>oni horde summons reinforcements four times in one fight
Does Apocalypse get pissy and refuse to cooperate if it detects you killing enemies in ways it considers too cheap or effortless or something, like instant kills?

Has anyone done a full transcription of SMTIV Offical Artworks?

And pirating them after, I assume.

I hope fucking persona wins if smt """fans""" continue to keep pirating from companies like atlus that barely keep their head above the water.

That are kill.
He did some guest art work for some manga but he has a hand off approach now. He was barely involved in SMT IV.

>I hope fucking persona wins if smt """fans""" continue to keep pirating from companies like atlus that barely keep their head above the water.
You sound like a massive faggot
Also Persona already won, they said it themselves, its their flag ship series. Selling a product that has you killing *record scratch* is alot harder then high school stuff. Also Atlus is doing great fiscally.

no, you can just randomly get up to 4 horde battles. later in the game you get a partner that's able to instakill an enemy at the start of a fight and right after the enemy takes its turns, and since hordes count as just one enemy, they have a possibility of oneshotting hordes very easily. or you could just carry trafuri/estoma

>pirating
World of strength baby.

Nah, I bought SMTIV/SMTIV:A/Soul Hackers special editions and almost Strange Journey too, but its rare to find a copy in my country.

fuck you faggots, I pirate shit all the time from big triple A corporations like Nintendo or stuff. Atlus doesn't deserve the same sort of treatment when I can pay for their products, and no, they're not doing well enough fiscally to endorse this kind of behavior. 's piracy is fine since there's no reasonable way for them to get the game, you two are being assholes.

if persona's won already, great. I hope SMTHD and 5 are delayed forever just to spite shitbrains like you.

Can't be mad about persona winning, what's fair is fair, sales is power. Kaz, I'm already a waifufag.

>Atlus is't doing well financially
That explains WHY they opened up a new studio, made new 3D HD demons, made P5 3D, working on multiple games etc. Atlus has always been Niche and now P5 is making them more mainstraim, to say Atlus ist doing well is dumb.

>implying I am a piratefag
I buy all their new shit if It interests me (fuck DAN) but shut like DDS 1-2, Raidou 1-2, P1-P2EP If I were to get them physically it wouldt go to atlus' pockets and fuck buying digitally. Get off your moral highhorde LAWfag.

>highhorde
Need to stop playing so much W3.

When will we get a SMT RTS/GSG/4X game?

I just beat demifiend in DDS. Do I get exclusive bragging rights?

when will we get this?

After this masterpiece.

>Don't shift the goalpost

A line he said two text boxes before dying isn't shifting the goalpost. It was obviously at the point where he realized that the fight might turn against him.

> And anyway, chaos doesn't have kings or rulers, it's every man for himself.

Lucifer has been called a king since early in the series. Gotou was a dictator. Kenji is a king. In desu demons have lords and courts. You don't seem to understand chaos. A strong person becoming a leader by their own power is not anti chaos. People are to know that they don't -have- to follow them. But they do if they don't want their ass beat / see mutual benefit in it. The point is that their power structures don't have universalist pretensions. They are structures of their own power that others are free to reject.

>Their goals are the exact same between games - even the ending cutscenes are the same as 4's.

I'm talking about personality and depiction. The characters are retconned into blatant anti-charismatic assholes, and this tone is carried over into their goals. Sure, the ending might be implied to be the same on paper. But if you play ivs chaos then ivas chaos, you note that iva openly calls it a bad ending. Not just because the divine powers. It simply treats lucifer as just an evil figure. If any positive references are taken out it implies a darker tone.

>I mean we kill gods in basically every fucking SMT game, it's not really a new thing at this point.

Usually its treated as surprising. A story where you were always going to win is less interesting. But that's not even this story. That becomes this story for some reason exactly when you fight krishna.

>call it bullshit but it was an established plot element, not just a random dbz powerup.

Mentioning a stupid plot point ahead of time doesn't make it less stupid. If dagda said true power came from bananas early game, and it turns out that you could beat yhvh alone using bananas, it still wouldn't make it make sense.

I have the right side as my phone wallpaper
Looks pretty cool desu
If I can get that as a wallpaper and sighned by Kaneko that would be rad

That's the point. Him being smart enough to do this implies cunning. But when you face him he has no cunning. He acts like he legitimately just has no clue whats going on other than thinking he is amazing, and legitimately not understanding why other people don't like him.

Him being pure evil is fine. But at least make him come off smart. And not cowardly. Being depicted as cowardly is the fastest way to make someone unlikable. But this makes him not even likable as a villain. And it makes all the dialogue with him weird. Toki calls him quick to forgive, and it seems genuine. Was it meant to be, or is that just more bad writing. And satan tells him he has to assess whether he is reasonable or not. But one conversation with him is more than enough to realize he's not. (Sure, at that point satan saying this was clearly rhetorical, but even so).

The point is that both main villains weren't treated as valid adversaries. Krishna was treated weak and pathetic by the time you met him for no reason, even though twenty minutes earlier you were acting like you had no plan to beat shesha... but fortunately that wasn't an issue because after telling you this he removed himself from existence forever. Then you go from trivialized krisha to yhvh who acts actively afraid of you before you even meet him. For an ending of a game that should have been the most epic ending yet, what we got felt underwhelming and like it was just trying to be II but stupider.

I honestly don't even care desu. If Atlus goes under, it's because they keep releasing the same shit with different animu skins, except it takes them like twice the time to make games as other people it seems like, unless they're just lazily reusing everything or busy remaking every single last gen game.