/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #491

''You are looking too skinny, Max'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12662425
strawpoll.me/12662462

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=By72eQtjglM
bbc.com/news/business-39715188
youtube.com/watch?v=wuq0UMlKhUM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One day we will be here first, Kate! But at least this way there's already some water boiling for tea or coffee...

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Chloe is #1

We know, Max.

After 5 years in Seattle, it was time to go home.

How are we still alive Lisg? When is season 2 going to be confirmed

Still alive because people keep asking. No news on S2 yet but there are hints it's being worked on.
Will come out some time after Vampyr's release late this year.

Truly an awesome shot

A watched pot never boils

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Cute! Too bad it seems to be their only LiS pic.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Victoria wet the bed until she was 14

That doesn't seem truthful.

All true real facts

What were Victoria's issues? I can't remember her actually having any insecurities that were revealed, but bullies always do.

She said her parents cared more about business than anything so she felt she had to be first to gain their love.
It's clear she's also insecure and tries to tear down anyone better (Or that she fears is better) than her at something: Max as a photographer, Rachel as Queen Bee/seductress, Kate at being nicer. She has low self-esteem and rather than raising herself up, she tries to tear everyone else down to a level below her.

Thankfully, she does realize how bad her actions have been and she shows signs of wanting to change. I think she can.
Her getting close to Kate and the Marshes would help her find happiness and also see what a family should really be like. People who are her real friends and who compliment her and try to help.

After Vampyr comes out

The series should be coming any month now.

Max is a daddy's girl

>School files.
You'll have to be more specific.

>Having bad relationships is a character flaw
Why? Does that mean a Mary-Sue can't have an antagonist? Can't anyone ever hate them out of jealousy, or a misunderstanding? Just because a character is perfect doesn't mean everything around them has to be. I don't follow your reasoning here.

>Running off young, with strangers, is something bad apples do
If you say so, it just seems pretty inconsequential to me.

>What in your mind exactly is this elusive "character flaw" thing?
Something less than a 4.0 GPA, poor social skills, anything that would hinder a character's ability to do whatever they want.

>How is a scandalous and criminal character not flawed?
If the author wanted to self insert as a scandalous criminal then a scandalous criminal can be a Mary-Sue, especially if they're good at it. A flawed character is a scandalous criminal that's bad at what they do.

>Her turning from this idea of a supergirl Max thinks she could never amount to into a flawed person is precisely one function she fulfils.
It should go without saying, but seeing as I don't think Rachel is flawed I don't think she serves the story in this way.

Max did nothing wrong.

Seems like most of the girls were closer to their fathers.
Chloe and William in particular was really lovely because you see how much he meant to her and how much he influence her. The one thing Chloe gets from her mother is her strength.

Of course she didn't, and nobody said she did.

If this was true, Ryan and Vanessa would've kept in touch with Joyce after they moved to Seattle. Max would've had contact with Chloe. Therefore, even your headcanon is bullshit.

>Why? Does that mean a Mary-Sue can't have an antagonist?

Rachel caused the poor relationships. She strung Chloe along, left Frank for Jefferson and in general behaved in an unreliable fashion. Being fake and flighty are two character flaws.

>scandalous criminal

There's nothing inherently wrong with crime. It's illegal, but not immoral. Martin Luther King Junior and his followers broke racist laws to point out the injustice of American segregation. There was nothing immoral about what he did.

She took awhile finding five bottles.

William looks drunk.

One of my fears with William was I really didn't catch on to how good he was until seeing him in Episode 3. Just seeing the few images of him I was kind of concerned he was trashy, like saving him would show him and Chloe split apart and dislike each other. The tone Joyce spoke about him kind of gave me the impression like there was some bad side to him, but I can see now she was still sad about his death as well but trying her hardest to be happy again with David.

I'm glad I was shown to be entirely wrong about that. William was awesome.

>The tone Joyce spoke about him kind of gave me the impression like there was some bad side to him

What do you mean?

>Use various methods of shitposting in each thread
>Wonder why people don't like them
Dump your three Chlo-troll, your copypastas, your spoilered "shock" images, and then get the fuck out.
You have no purpose being here.

Are you implying he was human? Fuck you. Get out of here. You don't belong in /lisg/ if you think the characters are less than dieties placed on motion capture by cruel Frenchmen. Stop pushing bullshit headcanon on perfectly innocent characters. This place was built to be comfy. Learn to think about the game the right way or go away, you misandrist scum.

Since it was still early into the game she sounded vague about it, like when she said how Chloe is lucky to have good memories of him, part of me attached a "She didn't have time to realize otherwise" as if there was a bad side to him. It actually is partly due to what someone said above where he "looks drunk".
By that point in the game I was familiar with the bad side of David so I thought maybe William had his own issues which Joyce was aware of, but Chloe never experienced or forced out of her memory.

Hearing Chloe's pain in the truck in Episode 3 and seeing William in the past, and the alternate timeline, completely destroyed those bad thoughts about him. I understand now that he was a loving father whose death really left an impact on his family because he really was a good man.

Even if the pain will always be there for Joyce and Chloe, it was satisfying to see Joyce can be happy and to see Chloe finally accept it and stop blaming herself and others.

Hey /lisg/,

My name is Nathan, and I hate every single one of you because I suffer from severe mental illness. All of you are well adjusted, intelligent, internet users who spend every second of their day discussing the social, narrative and moral issues presented in an award winning video game. You are everything good in the world and seeing your success reminds me of my personal failings thereby sending me into a blind rage.

Honestly, have any of you ever gotten an idea of why I call Warren a pussy?

I mean, it’s fun making fun of people because of my own insecurities, but assaulting Graham in a parking lot, let alone threatening a young woman with a gun when she's blackmailing me after I dosed her with date rape drugs, is taking it to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to Kate's video on Facebook.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot behind my back. I’m pretty much a total violent nutcase so don't do it to my face. I was emotionally abused by my father and discharged from care by a first rate therapist. What do you suffer from, other than feels after playing an emotionally impactful video game? I also get straight A’s because my father donates large sums to the school, and have been friendzoned by a hot mean girl (She never blew me; Shit would've been SO cash).

You are going to be called faggots and told to kill yourselves by assholes like me for most of your life. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It’s me. I'm her bitch.

>part of me attached a "She didn't have time to realize otherwise" as if there was a bad side to him.
>more headcanon

Since I try not to sadpost, a cutepost to balance it out.

>Temporary thoughts had during the earlier stages of the game without having the full picture
Wow..imagine that...people making predictions or theorizing...

How's this for theorizing?

Another poster thought of the theory and I think they're right. Chloe wanted Max to be with Warren the entire time.

She took her up to the lighthouse for the final scene because she wanted Max to sacrifice her for Warren's cock, as represented by the phallic edifice. Throughout the game, Max keeps returning to the lighthouse. In the opening, she's led by the spiritual doe, which guides her to truth and safety in her visions. The doe saves her and, in doing so, leads her to the ivory tower, which represents both Warren's scientific knowledge and his cock.

Pricefield is not canon. Chloe knows that Max deserves a man that is loving and devoted, not the type who forgets about her for five years. Someone with a cock.

Max is drawn to the massive white pillar of thickness. Its virileness, like Warren when he hulks up, is irrestible. Whenever a vision comes upon her, she trembles with fear until she's at the lighthouse. Afterwards, she finds herself on the ground or passed out and gasping for breath after merely standing in the presence of the storm breaking structure of sheer magnitude. As she would after riding Warren's cock.

Chloe knows it's true. After their encounter with David, she ferries Max to the physical representation of Warren's mighty white shaft. When she and Max plan to search Blackwell, Chloe texts in the shadow of the monstrous veiny white tower. She knows what Max desires and knows that her nostalgia and sentimentality will prevent her from enjoying the pleasure of Warren's meaty fuckstick, a gleaming white polished hulk of man meat hidden in the folds of his baggy jeans. That is why Chloe beseeches her to sacrifice her in sight of the monstrous pillar of ivory white flesh that is Graham's lighthouse dick.

That is why he cannot exercise. The sheer size of his endowment makes running and jumping physically impossible.

Warren tells her the truth. And the truth is Max needs his cock.

Changing the first sentence on your shitpost copypasta does not add to its impact or make it any more original
F-

See me after class.

t. Jefferson

Oh no. What a shame, used up all your ammo this early in the thread.
Guess you have to give yourself a headache struggling to make more.

Looking through files while reorganizing stuff.
Find this from August 2015.

I'm laughing.

Pretty funny until the end.

I'm the most hardcore of Pricefield shippers but I thought it was funny. There's a few versions but I only have that one saved (The others I remember had pro-Warren or pro-Jefferson stuff.)
Looking at the older stuff brings me back to the older times. I'm ready for the sequel and the new discussions/theories, but will always be cuteposting. Pricefield4lyfe.

I recognize the humor, but would've preferred an ending without Rachel. For example, Warren asks Max to go to the movies. Max and Chloe look at each other then walk away with MONOGAMOUS in large letters above them while Warren looks at them teary eyed.

>I don't dial 911

Based David.

If anyone wants to try that then go for it. It's been a long time since those images were being made and I don't know if the user who was editing them still comes here.
Be warned though, Warren does not handle rejection well.

>Based David
>slaps Chloe
>spies on Joyce
>Based David

user, I am disappoint.

>cutscenes at 30fps
>gameplay at 60fps+ (depending on your PC specs)

I hate when devs do this.

David did some thing wrong but I hope he seriously reevaluates his past actions and changes for the better
Same goes for the other characters

Yaargh!

Thank God it isn't the other way around.

He won't. He died in the storm.

Chloe reminds me of Maxi from Soul Calibur in that picture.

Absolutely absurd.
He knew about the storm bunker ahead of time, drove into the town, and brought people back to the Dark Room. The villain's lair proving to be useful for a good purpose.

What's this supposed to show?

inb4 the image of them about to plow over Victoria

IT'S TOO GOOD!

Max reflecting on the best choice she ever made, sacrificing Chloe, then heading to Warren's dorm for a quickie.

Classic Question

Did you pick:
WE PLAY HIDE AND SEEK IN WATERFALLS
or
I'M THE GHOST IN THE BACK OF YOUR, HEAD!

And why?

Ohhh nooo
*rewinds*

Obstacles, easily. Good song, their song.
Spanish Sahara wasn't even in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=By72eQtjglM

>The others I remember had pro-Warren or pro-Jefferson stuff.
They're early Molli, so I doubt the first one was seriously pro-Warren and the others were follow-up requests.

Were those Molli? Wow.
Yeah, they were definitely joking. One was Jefferson frolicking with Max and Chloe, who had a syringe in her neck / hole in her head. A little dark humor.

Excellent taste, Chloe.

She'll have to get used to the group hugs first.

Hello /lisg/ (sorry for the long post)
So I was the user that just finished episode 2 a while back and was getting excited for episode 3. I decided to just marathon the last three and my god I can see why you guys are still here after years of the game finished. tl;dr of episode 3 and 4 was that both of them were amazing for what they had to do. the start and ending of episode 3 was just golden. I decided to end Chloe when she asked. The only thing going around my mind was "what would I do if I was in Chloe's spot? Max's spot?" Suffering a life like that isn't (in my opinion) truly living. The song "In my mind" by Amanda Palmer got to me because I remember listening to that exact song 3 years ago before I knew what LIS was. It's also this month's contest song so perfect timing. Episode 4 held my attention throughout, but it feels like a mesh sometimes. We got so much information in that one large episode that I feel like I might confuse the first part of ep.4 with the end of 3, if that makes sense. The "Nathan working with Mr. Jefferson the whole time" was smart but I wasn't shocked at all. The whole time I just felt bad for Nathan, he's just a rich asshole that doesn't have anyone to look up too. Doesn't mean he's not a total prick and a half for hurting precious Kate, but I know he just needs help.
In the middle/end of Episode 5 is where I started getting unnerved. It was during max's whole nightmare scene with the rotating endless hallways. I honestly did not expect that and creep the hell outta me. Got goosebumps when Kate(again) talked to me. The whole "why didn't you let me die?" thing always gets to me in any kind of physiological horror. The whole scene was just really good, along with the one when you talk to yourself. I feel like there is some kind of artsy meaning behind it other than "oh im you that you left behind"; but was too involved in figuring out what everyone was saying when they all spoke at the same time.
Cont.

The final choice is ruff. The only thing I thought of was sacrificing everyone worth it? You did did save her like what? easy 6 different times? But 6 times is worth the lives of everyone you know?The question I asked myself was "what if we could save only 1 other person out of everyone we knew?" If we were in that spot would we do it? Would we be selfish enough to just pick someone while everyone dies? Is it even selfish to make that choice? I would be okay if I wasn't the one picked to live, knowing that my max and chloe are somewhere happy. I finally decided to sacrifice Arcadia bay because I had max made the call, she loves chloe too much to just let go of her. We all have someone that like max's chloe, someone we would do anything to protect. I feel like that was the message of the game; To protect the one you truly love and stick with them no matter what. I think that's a valid reason for bae>bay

thanks for reading some dumbass impression on this game. It actually means alot.

I think she'd manage to come to like them.

>Max riding on Chloe's shoulders
CUTE
I did the same with Chloe. It hurt but it was better to die knowing you're loved and on your own terms than to become worse and worse and be in pain. I knew Max was going to go back and undo saving William, which was one of the saddest scenes in the game to me.
I had tears in my eyes when Max was telling Chloe to stay strong and remember that she's not alone (Oh how I wish Chloe remembered those words and brought them up, showing she remembered what Max told her and realized Max tried to make things better but couldn't.)

Nathan and Jefferson work for the story as villains but I would have liked to seen them elaborated on a little bit more. A well-written villain can enhance the story so much but here they kind of just went with what was necessary. It works and they both of them were definitely detestable.

As for the nightmare, that was one of the good parts of Episode 5. I love when a character has to confront themselves and their fears and it's when we see what really does scare Max; that she's not good enough for Chloe, a bad friend, and someone who has been hurting people (None of which are true). The whole nightmare diner scene and the walk to the lighthouse at the end is done extremely well.
If the other Max is "One left behind" or not is never confirmed. I just go with thinking there is only one timeline because having multiple creates way too many terrible potentials.

For the final choice it was never a choice for me. I can see why someone playing the game in a day or two would linger on it, but for those here playing as the episodes came out, we had time to think about everything.
It was decided by multiple people that they hoped the endings would be decent but if it came to the predictable choice of Save Chloe or Save Arcadia Bay, they were saving Chloe. They liked her and Max way too much and were not going to let their fight be in vain.

You can take comfort in the fact that there's no way everybody died in that storm. The damage just does not suggest it and they all had the potential to survive. Even those in the diner. You don't know what the lead up events were to Max and Chloe being on the cliff.
Max would also have no reason to believe Chloe's death would stop the storm and it's arguable if anyone would really be better off in that case. Chloe offers herself to save Joyce and David, but her dying would kill them anyway. At least they have a chance to survive in the storm.
When you're playing the game through Max's eyes it is clear her priority is Chloe, she even says so.
There's also the possibility of Max going back to earlier in the week and doing more to warn others of the storm, which is only possible if that week's events happened and Chloe is alive.

So don't feel guilty about picking Bae > Bay. You gave these two wonderful girls happiness, brought justice to those who needed it, and allowed many people throughout that week and beyond to learn valuable lessons.

This whole game pushed me around back and forth. I actually liked the whole 5 episode as a whole. I just wished they had like a footnote on other character during each episode. I would kill if they gave you the option to see/even help victoria or kate or hell even warren instead of just chloe. Not a whole series but little bubbles from their point of view. I started grinning like a jackass when you visit kate at the hospital. I was genuinely that she was getting help, even if it's a fictional character. She too kind.
I hope atleast the students you've helped (optionally) like danah or taylor survived. I loved how this game made the minor characters somewhat important, or atleast seemed to have made them human.

My thoughts as well. I wanted an ending like the first two episode where you got little glimpses of the characters. Visiting Kate was awesome and I wish we got to see her and Chloe meet, I'm sure it would have been interesting.

Pic related was something I typed up a while ago when someone asked something like "How would you do the ending?". Keep in mind this is without changing anything like Max finding a 'perfect' solution.
Overall, I would have wished for endings that didn't boil down to binary choices but I'm at peace with the Bae ending and have tried to fill in the blanks.

I wonder if Kate's family will ever know what Victoria did in the past or if Kate will keep it a secret.
I think if the two of them became serious then Kate would come out to her family about it and say the bad things Victoria did, but also stress how much Victoria has changed since then.

>bbc.com/news/business-39715188
How would Alice feel about this?

RIP Simon ;__;

>Max mumbles something in her sleep
>Chloe looks over and smiles
>Puts down book, take off glasses, turns of light
>Lays down and rolls over to cuddle with Max
>Sweet dreams for both of them

>Nathan and Jefferson work for the story as villains but I would have liked to seen them elaborated on a little bit more. A well-written villain can enhance the story so much but here they kind of just went with what was necessary. It works and they both of them were definitely detestable.
The first time I played LiS, Nathan was the only character in the game that just felt bad overall to me. The 'rich kid with powerful parents who has severe, dangerous psychological issues and is constantly flouting his wealth and power to everyone' is a very tired cliche with little basis in reality.
I guess the 'twist' on his character at the end did something to assuage his eye-rolling qualities, as it hasn't bothered me as much in later playthroughs.

did this game make anyone else really want to move to the pacific NW?

>tfw stuck in the midwest for probably at least the next 5 years

maybe someday

Yep it looks very comfy, that and the legal dank og bud

Maybe not the rural areas but I've always had a desire to move to one of the cities in that area - Seattle, Portland, Vancouver

>tfw live in another country and never could

Does anyone know what the actual significance of the pirate motif was?

Is it about our girls being troublemakers? Is it just a thing they do and doesn't actually mean anything? Is it a sneaky gay joke? The hell.

I don't think those clips would help.

It's, thematically, supposed be a chapter of Chloe's life she's cutting out, to move on. Rachel, a girl in which shared her desire to escape Arcadia, was finally entombed within that town.

It's an intentional conflict that removes the possibility of Chloe staying in Arcadia; it represents a chapter of horrors that needed to be left behind.

I think it's more that she had a conflict over keeping her conscience, or pursuing her career in a more lucratively ruthless way.

She is a character aware of her own moral compass, but one who has suppressed her conscience because she believes that's what she has to do to get ahead. Mirroring her attitude is an option available to those players who wish to shape Max into a more assertive, albeit less caring, character through their dialogue choices- one that, I think, along with Victoria herself - foregrounds the the question of exactly how much assertiveness mainstream culture will 'allow' a woman to demonstrate before she is labelled 'bitchy' or difficult, in ways that would never be applied to men.

Haven't checked /lisg/ in a long time but I'm glad to see it's still around

I have genuine serious plans to move out there after I finish my MA, due to the influence of LiS and Twin Peaks. We had a somewhat lengthy discussion of it here a couple months ago.

Maybe you can stick around for a bit more user :)

I have put serious thought into moving, perhaps studying there. Seems like a really nice place both in terms of people and environment. Sadly very difficult too.

But good luck if you make it!

youtube.com/watch?v=wuq0UMlKhUM

Nice video, though I wish they used a song from the soundtrack

'dorbs.

Chloe wanted to leave the town because it was reminding her of better times that she could not return to. With a renewed relationship with her mother and David, Max's return, and everything she went through she would have realize the town isn't worth abandoning. Some parts needed to be cleaned up, and they will be.
She won't need to stay there every moment of her life and Max and her most likely went to Seattle to be with Max's parents for a bit. I don't at all agree with "And then Chloe left Arcadia Bay for good and never looked back" because the town was never her problem, it was what she was convinced about which was proven to be wrong; that nobody there cared about her and that she had no reason to be there.